Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zantac and oxycodone

Occasionally Opiated jackflash is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Zantac and oxycodone

SWIM has used ranitidine (Zantac) as a potentiator that gave him a stronger and longer ride.
    I have found that Zantac is most effective against the CYP4502D6 enzyme that metabolizes oxycodone. This isn't true for all opiates,but works really well for oxy. I hope this helps someone.:cool:

Never Looked Back Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import's Avatar
    Restaurant at the end of the universe, AKA Seattle

Default Re: Zantac and oxycodone

Cimetidine (sp?) works much better for me and my methadone. Interesting that ranitidine works so well for you though. Perhaps more experimentation with combining the two is in order for me.
    Cheeseburger in paradise

Opiophorum Member Opie I. T. has a spectacular aura about Opie I. T. has a spectacular aura about Opie I. T. has a spectacular aura about Opie I. T. has a spectacular aura about Opie I. T. has a spectacular aura about Opie I. T. has a spectacular aura about Opie I. T.'s Avatar

I have a script for Ranitidine but haven't experimented with it as a potentiator. Mainly because (as Import pointed out) I thought Cimetidine was the one needed.

I will try out the Ranitidine and report back on the results.. I'm currently on MMT at 55mgs though so not sure if this is ideal for that sorta of thing.

Import, do you take Cimetidine to boost methadose or do you take the pills? When do you take the Cimetidine? 45 mins - 1 hr prior to dosing done seems to be the ideal time to me but was curious how you did it.. What about the Ranitidine Jackflash? What's your suggestion on when to take it?
    Last edited by Opie I. T.; 08-04-2010 at 09:05 PM.
    Here in autumn twilight
    Morphia cursed delight

~Cathedral

Never Looked Back OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen's Avatar

Cimetidine is the one for methadone - my neurologists and doctors told me that ranitidine does little/nothing for the methadone pathway, which is also what i thought from reading the pathways. I don't know about oxy though.
    I take mine about 45mins before dosing, orally. In pill form. It just seems to make the dose last a llitte longer.
    Last edited by OpiateQueen; 08-04-2010 at 10:06 PM.
    Pain - It has an element of Blank - it cannot recollect - When it begun - or if there were a time when it was not.
    Emily Dickinson

Occasionally Opiated jackflash is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Opie I. T. View Post
    I have a script for Ranitidine but haven't experimented with it as a potentiator. Mainly because (as Import pointed out) I thought Cimetidine was the one needed.

I will try out the Ranitidine and report back on the results.. I'm currently on MMT at 55mgs though so not sure if this is ideal for that sorta of thing.

Import, do you take Cimetidine to boost methadose or do you take the pills? When do you take the Cimetidine? 45 mins - 1 hr prior to dosing done seems to be the ideal time to me but was curious how you did it.. What about the Ranitidine Jackflash? What's your suggestion on when to take it?
    I use 400 mgs. ranitidine 45 to 60 minutes before the oxycodone and it has allowed me to cut back my doses in half and increases duration. Ranitidine is best used against the CYP4502D6 enzyme that metabolizes oxycodone. Cimetidine works better for various other opiates but doesn't block the metabolizing of oxycodone as well. I am only talking about oxycodone with ranitidine and not other opiates. Good luck.

Junky 909kick will become famous soon enough 909kick will become famous soon enough 909kick will become famous soon enough 909kick will become famous soon enough

150mg Ten to fifteen mins before dosing increased the power of oxycodone by 10-15 % nice little extension on the buzz to.

Opiophorum Member Hydrophoria has a spectacular aura about Hydrophoria has a spectacular aura about Hydrophoria has a spectacular aura about Hydrophoria has a spectacular aura about Hydrophoria has a spectacular aura about Hydrophoria has a spectacular aura about Hydrophoria has a spectacular aura about

400 milli's of ranitidine??? Correct me if I'm wrong but don't those come in 10-20mg doses??? How many pills do you take at a time to pre-load???

Junky clonaze-whammed is just really nice clonaze-whammed is just really nice clonaze-whammed is just really nice clonaze-whammed is just really nice clonaze-whammed is just really nice clonaze-whammed is just really nice clonaze-whammed is just really nice clonaze-whammed is just really nice clonaze-whammed's Avatar

^ pretty sure he means 400mg of OC

Junky callinrx has a spectacular aura about callinrx has a spectacular aura about callinrx has a spectacular aura about callinrx has a spectacular aura about callinrx has a spectacular aura about callinrx has a spectacular aura about callinrx's Avatar

^ Highly doubt he is taking 400mg oxy... Zantac is avail. in 300-400mg as an RX only.

"Once you know, you can never go back".

All posts are for entertainment purposes only

QUEEN B MODERATOR roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrophoria View Post
    400 milli's of ranitidine??? Correct me if I'm wrong but don't those come in 10-20mg doses??? How many pills do you take at a time to pre-load???

You are wrong. Ranitidine is the generic of Zantac; which comes in both 75mg and 150mg OTC and in both 150mg and 300mg by prescription.

You are thinking of Pepcid which comes in both 10mg and 20mg OTC and in both 20mg ans 40mg by prescription. The generic is Famotidine.

..... found that when it got *really* bad, I'd cop, and fuck all that detoxing, whether I'm eating carrots and brown rice, or vodka and cough drops, I've learned only one sure thing about detoxing:
    There Ain't No Free Lunch!.......Originally posted by Duckfeet

Junky 909kick will become famous soon enough 909kick will become famous soon enough 909kick will become famous soon enough 909kick will become famous soon enough

Thanx for sharing this cool little trick with everyone.

Opiophorum Member Mulch is fresh on the scene. Mulch is fresh on the scene. Mulch is fresh on the scene. Mulch's Avatar

^^+1

took 150mg brand name, and felt like taking 10-15mg valium on top, very cool!
    All post made by Mulch are purely theoretical, fictional, and for entertainment purposes. In addition Mulch does not participate in any illegal or unlawful activities, nor does Mulch support or encourage anything that may have to do with such.

Lloyd: What's the soup du jour?
    Waiter: It's the soup of the day.
    Lloyd: Mmm... that does sound good.

+ Reply to Thread