(UPDATING WEBSITE, BE BACK ONLINE SOON - Debora)



Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Kratom while on methadone?

  1. #1
    Opiophorum Member Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    211

    Default Kratom while on methadone?

    Anyone tried taking kratom while on methadone?
    Does the methadone block the kratom effects?

    Any chance in hell the kratom is an amzing potentiator when mixed with methadone? (doubtful I know)
    Some fancy phrase goes here.

  2. #2
    Tsukiyomi-no-mikoto JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In a suburban town with nothing to do, patiently waiting for something to happen.
    Posts
    6,829

    Default Re: Kratom while on methadone?

    Well it would be helpful if we knew your methadone dosage but realistically kratom probably won't do anything.

    Consider pods?

  3. #3
    Occasionally Opiated IceQueenKitten will become famous soon enough IceQueenKitten will become famous soon enough IceQueenKitten will become famous soon enough IceQueenKitten will become famous soon enough IceQueenKitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Luciferia
    Posts
    73

    Re: Kratom while on methadone?

    Matter of fact, I am withdrawing from dope (3 bundle a day habit) and I'm using done to taper. But I'm using ridiculously small amounts - today I only took 20 mgs. Tomorrow I'll be only taking 10, then 5 on Monday. I will be trying kratom tomorrow in the morning (I'm curious if it will help potentiate the done or if it will do anything at all because my current dose of done is barely keeping me out of wds. BARELY.) and I will let you know how it works for me. I'll post up as soon as I feel (or not feel) the results.

    "Common sense is merely a stupid absence of imagination and mental flexibility."
    -- H. P. Lovecraft

    "Have no fear,
    There are wounds that are not meant to heal,
    And they sing, 'In Venere Veritas'."
    -- V. Valo

  4. #4
    Opiophorum Member Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    211

    Default Re: Kratom while on methadone?

    My dose of methadone is 45mgs/day

    I have a few different kratom extracts and some powdered leaf.

    Wondering if it will potentiate?
    Some fancy phrase goes here.

  5. #5
    Never Looked Back Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: Kratom while on methadone?

    I haven't used kratom in a long time, but when I did it seemed to potentiate methadone.
    "The magnitude of pleasure reaches its limit in the removal of all pain. When such pleasure is present, so long as it is uninterrupted, there is no pain either of body or of mind or of both together." -Epicurus
    The Sick Life | OpioWiki |
    http://lp.org http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

  6. #6
    Occasionally Opiated IceQueenKitten will become famous soon enough IceQueenKitten will become famous soon enough IceQueenKitten will become famous soon enough IceQueenKitten will become famous soon enough IceQueenKitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Luciferia
    Posts
    73

    Re: Kratom while on methadone?

    This morning all I had to eat was about four ounces of Cocoa puffs with about a cup of 2% fat milk. Once done with my breakfast, I prepared two and a half of very fat teaspoonfuls of Super Premium Bali Powdered Kratom, mixed in a cup with enough honey to make a Playdoh-like solution, then shoved it into my mouth with the same spoon and chased down with hot tea (God this shit is effing digusting!!!) proceeding with 10 mgs of methadone.

    I didn't seem to feel neither of the above until two or three hours after ingestion. I got the 'wobbly eyes' as LesPaul calls it and felt quite okay enough to go on about my day and actually ace a final exam at my makeup school as well as do a pretty good job at makeup application itself. Though I did experience quite a bit of the shaky hands, the liquid liner application was quite the proof...

    Anyhow, I'd say I felt the methadone stronger with the kratom at that 10 mg dose than I would have without. I'd say it doubled, or maybe even tripled, the effect of it. I think I'd have to try it again under different circumstances just to be sure it wasn't just a relief from withdrawals that kratom kind of provides me with on its own. Either way, I'm pretty positive that the two mixed together at not at all large doses for someone with a large habit has worked indeed well for withdrawals. I would highly recommend it if you were on a low supply of methadone to taper off or put in a shitty position that required some sort of maintenance with a minimum supply.

    I hope this made some if any sense at all considering I haven't slept in too many hours and am more than very tired at the moment.

    "Common sense is merely a stupid absence of imagination and mental flexibility."
    -- H. P. Lovecraft

    "Have no fear,
    There are wounds that are not meant to heal,
    And they sing, 'In Venere Veritas'."
    -- V. Valo

  7. #7
    Opiophorum Member Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    211

    Default Re: Kratom while on methadone?

    Quote Originally Posted by IceQueenKitten View Post
    This morning all I had to eat was about four ounces of Cocoa puffs with about a cup of 2% fat milk. Once done with my breakfast, I prepared two and a half of very fat teaspoonfuls of Super Premium Bali Powdered Kratom, mixed in a cup with enough honey to make a Playdoh-like solution, then shoved it into my mouth with the same spoon and chased down with hot tea (God this shit is effing digusting!!!) proceeding with 10 mgs of methadone.

    I didn't seem to feel neither of the above until two or three hours after ingestion. I got the 'wobbly eyes' as LesPaul calls it and felt quite okay enough to go on about my day and actually ace a final exam at my makeup school as well as do a pretty good job at makeup application itself. Though I did experience quite a bit of the shaky hands, the liquid liner application was quite the proof...

    Anyhow, I'd say I felt the methadone stronger with the kratom at that 10 mg dose than I would have without. I'd say it doubled, or maybe even tripled, the effect of it. I think I'd have to try it again under different circumstances just to be sure it wasn't just a relief from withdrawals that kratom kind of provides me with on its own. Either way, I'm pretty positive that the two mixed together at not at all large doses for someone with a large habit has worked indeed well for withdrawals. I would highly recommend it if you were on a low supply of methadone to taper off or put in a shitty position that required some sort of maintenance with a minimum supply.

    I hope this made some if any sense at all considering I haven't slept in too many hours and am more than very tired at the moment.
    This was helpful.

    Do you take methadone everyday or did you just take the 10mgs of methadone on that day alone
    Some fancy phrase goes here.

  8. #8
    Junky Tylercwxzy is fresh on the scene. Tylercwxzy is fresh on the scene. Tylercwxzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    469

    Re: Kratom while on methadone?

    I'm on 90mg's daily of 'done and I take 80%+ pure mitragynine tinctures and 8x+ resin extracts mixed in together after working and sweating all my early morning 'done dose out. Around 5pm I take around 4-4.5mls of tincture(and resin) which seems to give me a relaxing buzz and I usually add 10mls (10mg) every few hours till I go to sleep. I've also ordered 7hydroxy so I'm waiting to try that out, 2 4ml tinctures 50mg total so I'll see how that compares to just plain old mitragynine. What i'm trying to say is though, it works for real. I've heard kratom tends to target various different opiate receptors especially when there is already an opiate in the body which in turn increases the effects. So instead of methadone just blocking it like it does with most pharm-opies or diamorphine it actually interacts with the kratom alkaloids inside you like perfect harmony.

    Sorry I'm babbling, I just took 50mg and a few 1mg xanax so I'm feeling that 'glow'. Hope my jumbled answer gave you some sort of insight.
    If time is subjective, and life is truly a tapestry of little squares of moments of clarity, drugs are the space in between those squares.
    Code:
    <div id="change_BottomBar"><span id="change_Powered"><a href="http://www.change.org/" target="_blank">Change.org</a></span><a>|</a><span id="change_Start"><a href='http://www.change.org/start-a-petition'>How to Start a Petition</a></span></div>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://e.change.org:80/flash_petitions_widget.js?width=300&petition_id=748714&color=1A3563"></script>



  9. #9
    SUPER FUCKING SOLID GOLD MEMBER Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    swamptown
    Posts
    6,412

    Default Re: Kratom while on methadone?

    Quote Originally Posted by IceQueenKitten View Post
    Matter of fact, I am withdrawing from dope (3 bundle a day habit) and I'm using done to taper. But I'm using ridiculously small amounts - today I only took 20 mgs. Tomorrow I'll be only taking 10, then 5 on Monday. I will be trying kratom tomorrow in the morning (I'm curious if it will help potentiate the done or if it will do anything at all because my current dose of done is barely keeping me out of wds. BARELY.) and I will let you know how it works for me. I'll post up as soon as I feel (or not feel) the results.
    Good job on the quick low dose done taper, I must have done a few dozen of those but never with kratom, that stuff does sound interesting, I wonder if it would do anything with pods.

  10. #10
    Opiophorum Member Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    211

    Default Re: Kratom while on methadone?

    I just ingested 11grams of powdered Bali kratom I order online.
    15 minutes later drank my normal methdone dose of 35mgs.

    Also took a long last benzo yesterday (phenazepam) which I believe will skew my experiment.

    wouldnt it be great of kratom was the magic breakthrough drug for mathadone? Or wait maybe that would be horrible?

    Well Im finding out if kratom + methadone is the trick
    Some fancy phrase goes here.

  11. #11
    True Opiophile alowishus has disabled reputation alowishus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    God's waiting room
    Posts
    5,343

    Default Re: Kratom while on methadone?

    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyMohawk View Post
    Consider pods?

    I know what this place is and what we wish it was are two different things - but man why the fuck would you do that?

    It's not like giving a man dying of lung cancer a cigg... he already was a nicotine addict.

    I've seen it too much here, pods pods pods, we're supposed to be helping people not harming them.

    Enough of pushing pods.





    Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.
    - Emo Phillips

  12. #12
    OpioNoMo jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the block
    Posts
    2,812

    Default Re: Kratom while on methadone?

    Quote Originally Posted by alowishus View Post
    I know what this place is and what we wish it was are two different things - but man why the fuck would you do that?
    It's not like giving a man dying of lung cancer a cigg... he already was a nicotine addict.
    I've seen it too much here, pods pods pods, we're supposed to be helping people not harming them.
    Enough of pushing pods.
    I couldn't agree more. After my brief experience with pods after many years of reading that they were pretty decent, but not believing it myself. I was properly amazed at the power of the decoration.

  13. #13
    Opiophorum Member Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    211

    Default Re: Kratom while on methadone?

    Thanks for the support everybody....its nice to see people at least trying to warn people of the addictive powers of pods.
    BUT....Im pretty sure Johny Hohawk was already aware that I have a long pod history.
    In fact Im an online vendor of pods for crafting purposes.
    (I WISH I COULD TELL YOU GUYS ABOUT MY ONLINE POD STORE)...Im on an auction site called alibaba.com

    I have tried pods to potentiate methadone...and it seemed to work (somewhat) but that method will really raise my tollerance and its a crazy spiral downward.

    Pods are great they are my true love for opiate/opioids but I dont reccomend using another opiate with methadone if you want to get off methadone.

    My formula= methadone + kratom + very low benzo dose = Decent high

    Im still playing with kratom dosages today I ate 12 grams of finly powder Bali 15 minutes before my 35mg of methadone. Then an hour later I took a small dose of a benzo.

    We will see.
    Some fancy phrase goes here.

  14. #14
    True Opiophile alowishus has disabled reputation alowishus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    God's waiting room
    Posts
    5,343

    Default Re: Kratom while on methadone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    Thanks for the support everybody....its nice to see people at least trying to warn people of the addictive powers of pods.
    BUT....Im pretty sure Johny Hohawk was already aware that I have a long pod history.
    In fact Im an online vendor of pods for crafting purposes.
    (I WISH I COULD TELL YOU GUYS ABOUT MY ONLINE POD STORE)...Im on an auction site called alibaba.com

    I have tried pods to potentiate methadone...and it seemed to work (somewhat) but that method will really raise my tollerance and its a crazy spiral downward.

    Pods are great they are my true love for opiate/opioids but I dont reccomend using another opiate with methadone if you want to get off methadone.

    My formula= methadone + kratom + very low benzo dose = Decent high

    Im still playing with kratom dosages today I ate 12 grams of finly powder Bali 15 minutes before my 35mg of methadone. Then an hour later I took a small dose of a benzo.

    We will see.
    So R U the one that they's talking about (not good stuff either) of the vend that is a member here??

    So you ARE the pusher!!
    The whole pods experience summed up in 3 words - crazy spiral downward!!!
    It seems to be such a soft options for peeps, until they have to go through the months of W/D's.

    Taken with m'done the kratom may help but don't except to much from it, it's just a side dish, in no way a main entrée.





    Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.
    - Emo Phillips

  15. #15
    Never Looked Back HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The Same Boat...
    Posts
    3,187

    Default Re: Kratom while on methadone?

    I honestly don't see kratom doing jack shit if your on Methadone. Just my opinion


    "Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it". -Thomas Jefferson


    "Not Rocka-fella, more like Mr. Cinderella, standing in the rain with a ripped umbrella"

    These chemicals of Emeralds
    Last of the free tribes
    What kills your pain is what's giving me vibes



  16. #16
    Never Looked Back Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The city
    Posts
    2,981

    Default Re: Kratom while on methadone?

    I can't imagine kratom doing all that much unless you're on a very low dose of 'done, like 10 mgs or something. But maybe I'm wrong.

    I still have a shitload of kratom laying around that I haven't touched after trying to kich with that stuff years ago (as well as a shitload of subs, expiring date january 2010...). Will it still be potent after 3.5 years? It is stored in a dark closet, well wrapped etc. but 3.5 years is a long time..
    Anyone know if it's still usable after all those years? And what about the subs (subuxone 8 mgs), would it be dangerous to use them - say one year after the expiring date? (I am tapering 'done again and might try another switch to subs by wintertime).

  17. #17
    Never Looked Back Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South East, UK about 1 hour out from London.
    Posts
    1,228

    Default Re: Kratom while on methadone?

    Saint, both your kratom and the sub will still be fine after all this time. The kratom might be a little less potent, but the buprenorphine will be as good as ever.

    You don't need to worry about it, and both will be perfectly safe to take.

  18. #18
    Never Looked Back Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The city
    Posts
    2,981

    Default Re: Kratom while on methadone?

    Thanks Woody. I might try either the subs or the kratom once I hit 10 mgs methadone or less in the winter.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts