Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plugging oral methadone...

Never Looked Back OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen's Avatar

Plugging oral methadone...

Sorry if this has already been mentioned - i did UTMFSE and only found one about plugging the wafers - which is not really what im talking about.
    Anyway, when i'm in wds i have real trouble swallowing my methadone and keeping it down, i mean ii have trouble keeping it down at the best of times, but if i'm in slight wds it just comes straight back up.... If i have a take away i can kind of deal with it by mixing it with other stuff and doing little bits at a time, but when dosing a the chem it can be hard and often comes straight back up in the taxi on the way home.
    So i have dropped my dose and am really really trying not to fuck with it - ie. not double dose and miss a day etc. So I vomited my last dose - all i had was the methadone and a glass of water - so the vomit just reaks of methadone, tasted like methadone, looks like methadone but with a heap of floaties and acid etc.

I can't bring myself to strain it and try and drink it. Just the thought of it makes me wanna puke... Do you reckon i could plug it?? If so how the hell do you keep so much liquid from coming out your arse?! I would estimate about 200-300mls? And do you reckon it couldve grown any toxic bacteria or anything?? Normally i wouldn't worry about that...but it seems to look more and more rank the more i look at it...

Sorry about the gross topic, i am serious though... And no i can't just show the dr my spu and get another one. Well i can, but only once a year or something and I've already used that up. I'm really behind and need all the 'done i can get...

It is the brown viscous oral methadone. just mixed with water.
    Pain - It has an element of Blank - it cannot recollect - When it begun - or if there were a time when it was not.
    Emily Dickinson

Opiophile JTDuffet is just really nice JTDuffet is just really nice JTDuffet is just really nice JTDuffet is just really nice JTDuffet is just really nice JTDuffet is just really nice JTDuffet is just really nice JTDuffet is just really nice JTDuffet is just really nice JTDuffet is just really nice JTDuffet is just really nice JTDuffet's Avatar

Default Re: Plugging oral methadone...

how long ago did you take it orally? how long did it stay in your system before you threw it up?

this happened to me one time a few months ago. i had the flu and when i took my dose, i went home, and threw it up. i called the nurses and they asked me the same questions...

turns out....

methadone takes 20 minutes to be absorbed by the stomach completely. i threw mine up at 41 minutes into it, and just like the nurse said, i was fine and didn't need to redose... so, the question is.. when did you take it.. and how long was it in you before it came up..

Note: when i threw up mine, i could also taste the cherry flavor in there, and knew a little came up... so i was also worried.. answer the questions and lets go from there..

you could plug it.. but eeew.. its gross enough..

-jt
    In for a penny in for a pound...

Jr. Opiophile matfield is just really nice matfield is just really nice matfield is just really nice matfield is just really nice matfield is just really nice matfield is just really nice matfield is just really nice matfield is just really nice matfield's Avatar

Non medical advice: plug away-and keep your arse up high

Never Looked Back OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JTDuffet View Post
    how long ago did you take it orally? how long did it stay in your system before you threw it up?

this happened to me one time a few months ago. i had the flu and when i took my dose, i went home, and threw it up. i called the nurses and they asked me the same questions...

turns out....

methadone takes 20 minutes to be absorbed by the stomach completely. i threw mine up at 41 minutes into it, and just like the nurse said, i was fine and didn't need to redose... so, the question is.. when did you take it.. and how long was it in you before it came up..

Note: when i threw up mine, i could also taste the cherry flavor in there, and knew a little came up... so i was also worried.. answer the questions and lets go from there..

you could plug it.. but eeew.. its gross enough..

-jt
    i puked it 5 mins after dosing. All i had in my stomach was that and a glass of water afterwards - and that looks like exactly what came up... it reaks of methadone, really strongly, and the same brown tinge. It was a couple of days ago. I used a take away to cover for it.
    Pain - It has an element of Blank - it cannot recollect - When it begun - or if there were a time when it was not.
    Emily Dickinson

Never Looked Back LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow's Avatar

If I was in a pinch, I would of just drank that shit again. I know it would be ROUGH, but better than being sick. (dopesick that is)
    LayLowNslow- my posts are mainly non-fiction, true, and no bullshit.

When I am good, I am very good. When I am bad, I am even better.

talk to me like water running down a stream, i want to hear you say that dilly is water soluable again... it makes my panties moist layinL....

Never Looked Back Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpiateQueen View Post
    i puked it 5 mins after dosing. All i had in my stomach was that and a glass of water afterwards - and that looks like exactly what came up... it reaks of methadone, really strongly, and the same brown tinge. It was a couple of days ago. I used a take away to cover for it.
    How have you been storing it these couple days? I think if it was kept cold, like milk, it's still safe to use, whatever ROA you think is best. If not, I'd be afraid of it.

Tapering up!

Never Looked Back betmylife is a glorious beacon of light betmylife is a glorious beacon of light betmylife is a glorious beacon of light betmylife is a glorious beacon of light betmylife is a glorious beacon of light betmylife is a glorious beacon of light betmylife is a glorious beacon of light betmylife is a glorious beacon of light betmylife is a glorious beacon of light betmylife is a glorious beacon of light betmylife is a glorious beacon of light betmylife's Avatar

I would be wary of putting puke up there, I mean there has to be a bunch of bacteria and stuff, and acid that could mess up your arse?...
    .NO REGRET.......JUST REPENT.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Verine View Post
    How have you been storing it these couple days? I think if it was kept cold, like milk, it's still safe to use, whatever ROA you think is best. If not, I'd be afraid of it.
    yeah this is my worry... i had it in the fridge for the first day, but then my partner found it and cracked it cos of our son (who can't get into the kichen anyway, but still, he can jump the fence if he tries..) which is fair enough, so i just put it in an air tight bottle and put it in the cupboard...

I hv done this once before, but it was much sooner after the 'oral discharge' and it did seem to work but it gave me pretty bad D+.. I thought it was just the stuff coming out again later on...but it seemed to go on alot longer...

Shit. And you can't really boil methadone can you? I've heard of ppl doing it...but i've also heard it destroys most of it...
    Emily Dickinson

Token ★ Phenethylaminophile Chipper has disabled reputation Chipper's Avatar

Seriously, OQ -- you're on a huge dose. There is nothing you can buy or use via all sorts of ROA, excluding fentanyl maybe, that will get you stoned.

Please forget scoring H for now and forget buying extra 'done (IV or not).

First embark on a slow taper and slowly get yourself down to 10 mgs; and then find yourself a little bit of good dope.

I hate to give you this sad news but this really is the best way to find that mostly elusive high that we all seek.

It's going to take time to lower your tolerance .... many months. I see that you've made a start.

One more time, forget about getting stoned for now and you will get there at the end.
    "Shoot drugs not people"

Never Looked Back tui is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) tui is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) tui is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) tui is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) tui is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) tui is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) tui is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) tui is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) tui is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) tui is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) tui is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) tui's Avatar

Oh dear, the same thing has happened to me .

I was on 120mgs of 'done and hanging, which makes me nauseous, so as soon as I dosed... up it came. I didn't have a choice (but I didn't know about plugging then), strained it and drank it down.

It was horrible, but sometimes you've just gotta do what you've gotta do.

Good luck babe...
    arbeit macht frei

Never Looked Back OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude's Avatar

OQ - I just don't want you to suffer or hurt yourself. I don't have what I think is the best ROA if there is one for what you've stored...going street is just too much f the wrong direction right now & your work on tapering is probably a contributor to the nausea...it is the best thing for you to get what you want & need.

Immediate solution? Maybe Lopermide dosign - Caution for constipation issues,,, some other comfort meds like Benzo to help you with anxiety over circumstances & to get some rest.

Lots of fluids.

xo
    OL
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

everything I say is completely or mostly fiction and made up - basically the ramblings of an aging moron that has seen too much, felt too much & heard too much -
    See me, feel me, touch me....healing...slo 'n ez get's there.

Never Looked Back danny is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) danny is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) danny is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) danny is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) danny is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) danny is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) danny is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) danny is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) danny is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) danny is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) danny is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) danny's Avatar

oq - in the uk for people in the same situation as you sometimes the doctors write for methadone concentrate 10mg to 1ml, i believe youre on quite a high dose (im sure i read you saying your on 230 a day)
    imagine instead of having to gag down nearly a half pint of that sickly shit, enough to make anybody sick i woulda thought, just getting down 23 ml instead, cant be bad can it?
    i think its called methadose or epatadone but check that with your doc.
    obviously it might be different in oz of course.

Never Looked Back poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danny View Post
    oq - in the uk for people in the same situation as you sometimes the doctors write for methadone concentrate 10mg to 1ml, i believe youre on quite a high dose (im sure i read you saying your on 230 a day)
    imagine instead of having to gag down nearly a half pint of that sickly shit, enough to make anybody sick i woulda thought, just getting down 23 ml instead, cant be bad can it?
    My boyfriend has just said the same thing exactly!! I don't know what to say about the sick you've got, but maybe getting a stronger concentrate will prevent future problems. Sorry I can't be more helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Seriously, OQ -- you're on a huge dose. There is nothing you can buy or use via all sorts of ROA, excluding fentanyl maybe, that will get you stoned.

Please forget scoring H for now and forget buying extra 'done (IV or not).

First embark on a slow taper and slowly get yourself down to 10 mgs; and then find yourself a little bit of good dope.

I hate to give you this sad news but this really is the best way to find that mostly elusive high that we all seek.

It's going to take time to lower your tolerance .... many months. I see that you've made a start.

One more time, forget about getting stoned for now and you will get there at the end.
    I'm certainly not trying to get high. I know that is a distant dream and wouldn't even bother trying until, as you say, i was down to less than 50mg.
    I'm already a couple of days short on my 'done and i have just found out some stuff that means i really need to get my shit together and have a stable dose with minimal fluctuations... so i think i'm gonna have to do something with it...yuk.

ps.just read your VM. Thanks for that.

DANNY/POPPY - ours is 5mg/ml. The red methadose one here is also 5mg/ml. But they put a whole lot of water in it. Its usually not too much of a problem, esp if they don't put stacks of water in it, but if I'm hanging and in 'done wds just the smell of it makes me gag and i just can't keep it down - until some of it kicks in...
    Emily Dickinson

Never Looked Back Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine's Avatar

I know exactly how you feel right now OQ. I hate being sick. Hate it, hate it, hate it... and I'd do just about anything to keep it from happening. I'm just not sure this stuff you puked up is safe or not.

Here's my idea...

Boil it down. You don't have to cook it real hot and fast, just put it in a saucepan on low heat. Let it simmer down to a thick concentrate.

Then, put the concentrate on a metal sheet in the oven for a couple hours on low heat. Get this liquid down to a solid, you could then eat or mix with food, or something.

Most of what you have is water. Get rid of it, and in the process you might kill any bacteria off as well.

Good luck.

Tapering up!

Token ★ Phenethylaminophile Chipper has disabled reputation Chipper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danny View Post
    We're 5mg to 1ml here. That high dose is a total show stopper. It's not that it doesn't work - in fact, it's working too well. There is no room for the odd chip. Even double dosing (reaching close to 500 mgs) doesn't work because the law of Methadone's diminshing returns applies once you're over 300-400 mgs (,IME).

Of course, dropping down low often needs to relapse but at least the problem is far more manageable with less side-effects.

Less is more.
    "Shoot drugs not people"

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    We're 5mg to 1ml here. That high dose is a total show stopper. It's not that it doesn't work - in fact, it's working too well. There is no room for the odd chip. Even double dosing (reaching close to 500 mgs) doesn't work because the law of Methadone's diminshing returns applies once you're over 300-400 mgs (,IME).

Of course, dropping down low often needs to relapse but at least the problem is far more manageable with less side-effects.

Less is more.
    hey guys, come on, I'm only on 220 now...
    And it sounds and works much better if you say 110mg twice a day. I know you prob all think I'm full of shit but I'm not - look it up - If you're on as much epilepsy meds as me it just chews thru your done, as well as proven extremely fast metab in that area - when i was on 90mg (which i was for a long time and NEVER stabilised) it used to hold me for about 8 hrs max. Plus there are about 5-10 other people i have spoken to on this site that are on more than 200mg methadone daily... its just they're all in the US.. My old chemist said they had someone on 300mg once...
    It does work well as in no chipping... but it sux arse - i agree less would be much better - I'm trying...but how will it ever work? I asked my dr this and he just muttered something like we'll see when we get there...its a matter of changing the mind, or some shit....WTF?? I'm just hoping that a really slow taper will somehow work... My other worry is getting pregnant... if i do then i will have to jack up my dose for the latter part of preg, like everyone does, and shit, it would be better if i had some room to do that... That was really my mistake last time. I should've dropped down more after i had the baby, rather than staying on it cos it finally made me feel smashed...bad idea. It only lasted a few days after baby came out... the feeling stoned i mean...and i mean stoned as in drowsy/easy to fall asleep, not like euphoria stoned.. But at the time i was just so happy i had gotten thru the preg and had a healthy baby - i just couldn't give a shit about my methadone as loong as i felt ok - i just kept thinking I'll deal with it later...and the drs all wanted me to stay on it too for breast feeding etc...i think they all knew i had this very anti partner who kept asking them when we could fuck off the methadone....derrrr

PAPA - I'm scared to do this only cos once before i tried to boil/simmer down methadone that was mixed with orange cordail - it was about 150mg... Anyway i left it for abit long and when i looked at it there was like one teaspoon of orange shit in the saucepan... it just tasted like orange cordial, it didn't taste like done at all...it was gone... i mean where the fuck did it go? Did i boil it away too? I mean do we know it has a higher boiling point than water?? And i did rinse the saucepan and stuff..
    Last edited by OpiateQueen; 07-02-2010 at 02:26 PM. Reason: not just me!!
    Emily Dickinson

Never Looked Back irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish's Avatar

Idk about rectal absorbtion of methadone, but there's no bacteria that's likely going to grow in it that is any worse than the bacteria already in your intestines. I seriously doubt that it could make you sick. As far as keeping that much fluid inside you, lie down, so gravity is on your side.
    irish
    "too many doses and i'm starting to get an attraction" avenged sevenfold
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.
    Violence is rarely the solution, but when it is, it is the only solution.
    If it's worth shooting, it's worth shooting twice.

Occasionally Opiated electros[h]ockpatient is an unknown quantity at this point electros[h]ockpatient's Avatar

I don't know if this has been suggested before or if it really seems like a no-brainer / stupid answer... but really, why don't you try eating a solid meal before you take your medication? It should help keep it down. Of course going the route of a split is also beneficial in more ways than one.

These are the things that help whenever in WD and taking the dose orally. Obviously the key is also not to be in WD when taking it as well... but if you can't eat try some liquid to dilute the shit when it hits your stomach.

Alternatively, if your clinic offers a clear liquid "Methadose" suspension ("sugar-free oral concentrate" as they call it) you can always IV this... which will bring an instant relief from your symptoms. FYI, it has to be the clear, bitter kind... no pills, waffers, or "kool-aid" will do, as I would stay away from anything but oral routes with these types.

Anyway, despite what conventional wisdom will tell you about Methadone can't get you high or is a waste IV, its wrong information. As methadone is just as active iv as it is orally (if not slightly more so)... and this is not only from what I've read but personal exp. as well. Of course not many clinics offer this particular variety of Methadone (I believe there is another version not titled MethadoSe but MethadoNe... its the same shit, doSe is from Mallinckrodt the other from Roxane Laboratories). Another downside is it does happen to be a bit on the excessively watery side (its a suspension of 10 mg methadone hcl per every 1 ml of sterile water... the only other ingredients are citric acid and sodium benzoate, which is relatively safe I suppose - try to avoid misses as the citric acid can be a bit irritating). If you could find a clinic that has this, you can IV it relatively safely, avoid the stomach, and enjoy a high similar to what you would have had if you were iv'ing street dope, except this is a lot safer / cheaper / logical... etc.

Quote Originally Posted by electros[h]ockpatient View Post
    I don't know if this has been suggested before or if it really seems like a no-brainer / stupid answer... but really, why don't you try eating a solid meal before you take your medication? It should help keep it down. Of course going the route of a split is also beneficial in more ways than one.

These are the things that help whenever in WD and taking the dose orally. Obviously the key is also not to be in WD when taking it as well... but if you can't eat try some liquid to dilute the shit when it hits your stomach.

Alternatively, if your clinic offers a clear liquid "Methadose" suspension ("sugar-free oral concentrate" as they call it) you can always IV this... which will bring an instant relief from your symptoms. FYI, it has to be the clear, bitter kind... no pills, waffers, or "kool-aid" will do, as I would stay away from anything but oral routes with these types.

Anyway, despite what conventional wisdom will tell you about Methadone can't get you high or is a waste IV, its wrong information. As methadone is just as active iv as it is orally (if not slightly more so)... and this is not only from what I've read but personal exp. as well. Of course not many clinics offer this particular variety of Methadone (I believe there is another version not titled MethadoSe but MethadoNe... its the same shit, doSe is from Mallinckrodt the other from Roxane Laboratories). Another downside is it does happen to be a bit on the excessively watery side (its a suspension of 10 mg methadone hcl per every 1 ml of sterile water... the only other ingredients are citric acid and sodium benzoate, which is relatively safe I suppose - try to avoid misses as the citric acid can be a bit irritating). If you could find a clinic that has this, you can IV it relatively safely, avoid the stomach, and enjoy a high similar to what you would have had if you were iv'ing street dope, except this is a lot safer / cheaper / logical... etc.
    don't worry, unfortunately i know all about iving methadone.... our water based sugar free methadose is red. I actually get the other one which is also sugar free but non water based/slightly viscous and brown in colour
    I have no problem with the take away doses, and split dose etc. It is just the dose at the clinic, and it is usually only a really bad problem when i'm also in withdrawal.
    Emily Dickinson

Never Looked Back poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy's Avatar

OQ I have to say I'm confused that as a vet you don't know the answer to these sort of questions already. You must know way more than the average junkie about doses, and how to administer them. Surely there can't be that much disparity between man and animal. My late dog Tinribs (I know everyone's sick of hearing about her, but I miss her so much...) was prescribed diazepam (spelt wrong I think but valium) for fits. I've still got a dose of 20mg (kept it in case my other dog should need it as it cost me £30 would never use it unless a vet prescribed it and if it was no longer in date, I would also ask the vet first) It came as a sort of syringe but not a syringe, basically a sort of squirty thing to stick up her bum. She had to be put down before it was ever used. My point is that surely you would know what to do in the circumstances described.
    Don't anyone jump down my throat this is just a query

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    OQ I have to say I'm confused that as a vet you don't know the answer to these sort of questions already. You must know way more than the average junkie about doses, and how to administer them. Surely there can't be that much disparity between man and animal. My late dog Tinribs (I know everyone's sick of hearing about her, but I miss her so much...) was prescribed diazepam (spelt wrong I think but valium) for fits. I've still got a dose of 20mg (kept it in case my other dog should need it as it cost me £30 would never use it unless a vet prescribed it and if it was no longer in date, I would also ask the vet first) It came as a sort of syringe but not a syringe, basically a sort of squirty thing to stick up her bum. She had to be put down before it was ever used. My point is that surely you would know what to do in the circumstances described.
    Don't anyone jump down my throat this is just a query
    in the situation described i would just dose the dog again with nice hosp grade injectable methadone. I can't do that. I don't think i've asked any questions regarding dosage..?? Besides man and animal are very different beasts when it comes to doses/kg... I was really asking if anyone had plugged oral methadone before. I didn't ask anything about IVing - that guy just thought he'd add it in. I don't really get what you're saying. yeah we use opiates, valium, heaps of the same drugs on animals as humans - oral methadone is not one of them.
    I've also mentioned before that i do way more dodgy stuff to myself that i would NEVER do to a patient. We get taught 'best practice'.For example i wouldn't even contemplate using a needle twice on a patient let alone sticking week old vomit up a dogs arse, and everything i've been tought would tell me 'NO!NO!" , but when you're desperate you're desperate - thats when some first hand esperience would come in handy.
    I know many meds can be given rectally and the rate of absorption there etc, and I'm pretty sure oral methadone would be absorbed ok there too- i was more worried about the amount to be plugged(as in the large volume of liquid) and the possible toxic effects of old vomit etc.. We very rarely dose anything rectally in dogs/cats - its so easy to give them SQ injections or oral meds. Sometimes, as you say, suppositories are given to the owners as an alternative to injections.
    Emily Dickinson

Occasionally Opiated electros[h]ockpatient is an unknown quantity at this point electros[h]ockpatient's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpiateQueen View Post
    don't worry, unfortunately i know all about iving methadone.... our water based sugar free methadose is red. I actually get the other one which is also sugar free but non water based/slightly viscous and brown in colour
    I have no problem with the take away doses, and split dose etc. It is just the dose at the clinic, and it is usually only a really bad problem when i'm also in withdrawal.
    Yeah, I thought those viscous / colored suspensions were usually the sugared or "kool-aid" kind always mentioned. Actually, the clinic I've gone to has always had the clear (water version of sugar-free) stuff but they used to add an orange tang like drink to the take home bottles, apparently to deter iv diversion... but for some odd reason they don't anymore.

Anyway, I know exactly what you mean. When in the throes of WD it is very hard to get it down at the clinic. Usually I try to have "SOME" food in my stomach, and when they give me the cup I add as much orange tang as I can and usually pour myself another 1-2 cups of the tang shit to follow up. Actually, I would prefer something less acidic but it mostly helps with diluting the horrible taste when mixing it with the 'done. Like I said, best advice... don't be in WD, but if you are try to have something in your stomach that will help dilute the dose (i.e. don't take that shit on an empty stomach).

Quote Originally Posted by electros[h]ockpatient View Post
    Yeah, I thought those viscous / colored suspensions were usually the sugared or "kool-aid" kind always mentioned. Actually, the clinic I've gone to has always had the clear (water version of sugar-free) stuff but they used to add an orange tang like drink to the take home bottles, apparently to deter iv diversion... but for some odd reason they don't anymore.

Anyway, I know exactly what you mean. When in the throes of WD it is very hard to get it down at the clinic. Usually I try to have "SOME" food in my stomach, and when they give me the cup I add as much orange tang as I can and usually pour myself another 1-2 cups of the tang shit to follow up. Actually, I would prefer something less acidic but it mostly helps with diluting the horrible taste when mixing it with the 'done. Like I said, best advice... don't be in WD, but if you are try to have something in your stomach that will help dilute the dose (i.e. don't take that shit on an empty stomach).
    I'm in Australia so the methadone is abit different here. They used to put cordial (or orange juice)in ours too but they have been told to stop doing it cos apparently peoples take aways were 'going off' and producing gas etc... I think its stupid they put anything in it - unless you ask for it, even just for harm reduction reasons. As in many people will just IV it anyway, whatever is in it.
    Emily Dickinson

that is true. I've had orange juice added to the pure water oral conc. i was telling you about and what happened after 2 days sitting in the refrigerator was that the mass of the orange juice pulp and sugar and stuff settled to the bottom.

Of course, what do i do? Carefully siphoned off the top and managed to get a somewhat safe IV hit. Of course, many of the times I've done this, too much "shit" got sucked up into the barrel and the hit gave me a funny, slightly numb feeling on the back of my tongue and slight tightness in the neck... and later I had the pleasure of enjoying varying degrees of "cotton fever" like symptoms. I learned to combat this with sleep and curling up under 10 lbs of blankets and long underwear or going in a hot tub or sauna until the symptoms pass... but pretty brutal on the nervous system. You end up feeling like a drunken hangover for 24 hours after the symptoms dissipate.

Anyway, this was years ago and I would NEVER... EVER be that fucking stupid again.

+ Reply to Thread