Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Official Opiophile.org Narcotic Withdrawal Survival Guide

Never Looked Back Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack's Avatar

Official Opiophile.org Narcotic Withdrawal Survival Guide

Hi Folks, I'm going to start putting this together and I'd like your input, just add a post and I'll add your info to the main post then remove your post...

I have a heavy habit - equal to approx: 400mg ORAL Morphine if taken as directed - but equal to 600mg ORAL Morphine if taken orally; Even higher since it's taken intranasally. These two medications (DXM & Loperamide) resolved at least 90% of my withdrawal symptoms - this is a viable solution for quitting or taking a break from dope at done at home, I only wish I was aware of this sooner.

OTC Medications:
    Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide (Dextromethorphan Polistyrex)
    Loperamide HCL
    Polyethylene Glycol 3350
    Diphenhydramine HCL
    Doxylamine succinate
    Ibuprofen
    Naproxen Sodium

Prescription Medications:
    Benzodiazepines
    Clonidine HCL (Catapres)
    Marijuana

Day 0 last day with narcotic medication:
    Begin taking Loperamide HCL
    Initial 50mg dose
    wait 1 hour, then if needed re-dose 50mg
    wait 2 hours, and if withdrawal symptoms persist, re-dose an additional 50mg

Dose 17g per day Polyethylene Glycol 3350 (Miralax) with AT LEAST 8 ounces of water or Gatorade/Powerade.

Each day without narcotic medication:
    Take approx: 180mg to 250mg (sub-anesthetic doses) of Dextromethorphan Polystyrex when you wake up that morning. This will take approx. 2 hours to 'kick in'. This will ease the bone chill and RLS, as well as lower your blood pressure rather significantly - In my case, from 150/110 to 110/70.
    Repeat every 10 - 12 hours if needed - not recommended for long peroids of time.
    I have noticed that with a small dose of a narcotic that wouldn't help withdrawal seems to increase the effectiveness of Dextromethorphan - but this may have been placebo.

Continue taking Loperamide HCL
    Initial 50mg dose
    wait 1 hour, then if needed re-dose 50mg

Dose 17g per day Polyethylene Glycol 3350 (Miralax) with AT LEAST 8 ounces of water or Gatorade/Powerade.

For aches and pains, you can use Ibuprofen or Naproxen as needed.

At night, if you can't get to sleep you can dose Diphenhydramine HCL or Doxylamine succinate (or another sleep aid) at the recommended dose if you don't normally take these medications.

After day 3 to 5 - I'd recommend stopping the dextromethorphan to prevent toxicity issues and/or physical harm.

If you're quitting I'd recommend tapering down your Loperamide dose to prevent withdrawal symptoms - which I believe (but have no first hand experience with) should be less severe than a centrally acting full mu agonist.

Taper it down however you feel will work for you.

NOTE: High doses of Dextromethorphan over several days can be dangerous and are not recommended - please dose at or below 250mg per 12 hours.
    NOTE: If you dose with Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide - split this 180mg to 250mg dose over 2 or 3 doses evenly spaced.
    NOTE: If you dose Dextromethorphan above 250mg, you may feel the anesthetic effect of the medication - this feels numb, similar to laughing gas (N2O) - this can be dangerous if you bite your tongue or lip while eating.
    NOTE: Dextromethorphan is also a dissociative at high doses, so be aware of this.
    NOTE: The half-life of Loperamide is 9.1 to 14.4 hours with an average of 10.8 hours
    NOTE: It is important to stay hydrated during this process as Loperamide will constipate the hell out of you in these doses.
    NOTE: Lower Loperamide doses can still help, especially if you don't have a very large habit. As always, start slow and wait for the effects - I'm not sure of the full effects of these mega doses so be cautious and do this at your own risk!

Soon, I'll add prescription medications to this guide.

Do you have anything else to input?

edit: Also note that even though I took about 250mg of Loperamide in two days, my stool was still loose... my guess is tolerance to the actual effects - I don't know for sure though. I'll be taking 34 grams/day of Polyethylene Glycol 3350 for the first 3 days after that, then just 34g/every other day, or less, per day or EOD... just until I figure out what loosens me up without flushing me out. I'll update the guide to ensure you don't get stopped up to death.
    Last edited by Synack; 05-21-2010 at 07:40 PM.
    Wanna play Halo 3, COD: MW2(B BP's too) or Read Dead Redemption via Xbox 360 Live - VM me your account info...

"if youre seeing a sub doctor, are explanations really necessary? " - fauxflavored
    "We just clean up the mess these people make when they shit the bed..." - Brony reguarding banning solicitors
    "I was not at all leery about trying coke. However, I knew something was up when I couldn't smell Thanksgiving dinner one year. " - Dhedmo
    "We still do that? Yeah, the sad thing is [that] we don't even use real people anymore, just socks with buttons sewn on" - In Plain Sight: Season Finale (S02E15)
    "Let's see. Hose clamp = legal. Scripted Oxy = legal. Oxy on hose clamp = jail." - sofitel
    "DO NOT CHEW OR CRUSH & TRY TO INJECT EMBEDA UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT INSTANT ONSET UNTREATABLE WITHDRAWALS.
    You have been forwarned......"-PoppyLvr
    "And when I see the red bloom -- fuck, I'm practically foaming at the mouth. Pavlov would be proud."-dugwylor
    "I don't care how hot the woman is, an asshole has one purpose- and it's not a pretty purpose, LOL! urghh..." - goodgirlgonebad
    "my man fuzzy slippers told me da word on da street is that plugging oxy in your urethra will get you super duper fucked up man. i'm gonna try it as soon as i get the chance...can't wait to penis plug!!! -FiendMan

Opiophorum Member maycausedrowsiness is a jewel in the rough maycausedrowsiness is a jewel in the rough maycausedrowsiness is a jewel in the rough maycausedrowsiness is a jewel in the rough maycausedrowsiness is a jewel in the rough maycausedrowsiness is a jewel in the rough maycausedrowsiness is a jewel in the rough maycausedrowsiness is a jewel in the rough maycausedrowsiness's Avatar

Default Re: Official Opiophile.org Narcotic Withdrawal Survival Guide

This is extremely helpful. Great post Synack, great contribution.

Never Looked Back Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid's Avatar

I'd add cannabis to that list, that is if the person doesn't get bad reactions from cannabis. loperamide is great but I don't use it much because, in my experience, continued use constipates me way too much.
    "The magnitude of pleasure reaches its limit in the removal of all pain. When such pleasure is present, so long as it is uninterrupted, there is no pain either of body or of mind or of both together." -Epicurus
    The Sick Life | OpioWiki |
    http://lp.org http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

Never Looked Back Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paregoric Kid View Post
    I'd add cannabis to that list, that is if the person doesn't get bad reactions from cannabis. loperamide is great but I don't use it much because, in my experience, continued use constipates me way too much.
    It does constipate you pretty bad, but I would take this over full blown WD. 150mg of Lope will keep me able to go to work (albeit miserably) even if my habit is full blown (1-2g of good tar daily). I don't think that lower doses would. I am not saying to take that much cuz it probably is dangerous..... Fecal impaction, bowel obstruction, etc.... But when I dose lope like this I take max dose of stool softener and bulk forming fiber laxitive starting from day one. Even with that, forget about taking a real shit for a few days (up to a week) . I have added stimulant laxitives on that when needed, but I hate the severe cramping that comes with that territory.

Really I think the lope forms the backbone of this recipe. If you have a sizeable habit, I don't think you would get much relief from this without the high dose loperamide, unless maybe you go for a second or third plateau DXM ride (I have never tried this in WD but hear it helps. I am afraid to trip while in WD.). If you are able to get relief from just the other stuff and bud, awesome! But to me that would indicate that the habit is small enough that you could ride it through un-aided with little assistance to stay somewhat human feeling. Not that that's a bad thing!

Good guide though Synack.

Never Looked Back opi8 has conned a lot of people to get this much rep opi8 has conned a lot of people to get this much rep opi8 has conned a lot of people to get this much rep opi8 has conned a lot of people to get this much rep opi8 has conned a lot of people to get this much rep opi8 has conned a lot of people to get this much rep opi8 has conned a lot of people to get this much rep opi8 has conned a lot of people to get this much rep opi8 has conned a lot of people to get this much rep opi8 has conned a lot of people to get this much rep opi8 has conned a lot of people to get this much rep opi8's Avatar

I know some people don't find smoking herb during w/d, and it probably wouldn't for people who aren't normal smokers, but it really helps me when I'm in w/d's.

Jr. Opiophile KoDeInaaaae has a spectacular aura about KoDeInaaaae has a spectacular aura about KoDeInaaaae has a spectacular aura about KoDeInaaaae has a spectacular aura about KoDeInaaaae has a spectacular aura about KoDeInaaaae has a spectacular aura about

aww good shit,its like a worst case scenario guide for WD (u know the book?)

OpioNoMo SHELLEY is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) SHELLEY is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) SHELLEY is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) SHELLEY is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) SHELLEY is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) SHELLEY is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) SHELLEY is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) SHELLEY is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) SHELLEY is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) SHELLEY is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) SHELLEY is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome)

counterpoint: this may not be for everyone
    personally, when i took DXM while in withdrawal (mainly because i needed fucking ANYTHING at that moment)
    it just made every little symptom 1000x worse, especially nausea and twitching/needing to move
    and on top of that i was seeing shit which just made the normal anxiety into all-out fear
    i'd rather kick CT than with DXM

not saying it can't work for a lot of people, because i've heard this from a few folks that it works
    but still, be careful
    brain chemistry is a funny thing...

Never Looked Back Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEY View Post
    personally, when i took DXM while in withdrawal (mainly because i needed fucking ANYTHING at that moment)
    it just made every little symptom 1000x worse, especially nausea and twitching/needing to move
    and on top of that i was seeing shit which just made the normal anxiety into all-out fear

not saying it can't work for a lot of people, because i've heard this from a few folks that it works
    but still, be careful
    Shelly, how much did you take? I found 180-200mg to be the perfect dose for me - it's about 1.3mg/lb for me - and this was delsym... I never tried the instant release and I hated anything over sub-anesthetic doses since they made me feel shitty, but at least it took away the bone pain and skin crawling/melting/burning sensations.

I imagine the delsym worked better since it was milder, and longer in duration - and I only needed it to lower my BP since the loperamide helped a ton.

Thanks for your input.
    Last edited by Synack; 05-19-2010 at 05:25 PM.
    Wanna play Halo 3, COD: MW2(B BP's too) or Read Dead Redemption via Xbox 360 Live - VM me your account info...

"if youre seeing a sub doctor, are explanations really necessary? " - fauxflavored
    "We just clean up the mess these people make when they shit the bed..." - Brony reguarding banning solicitors
    "I was not at all leery about trying coke. However, I knew something was up when I couldn't smell Thanksgiving dinner one year. " - Dhedmo
    "We still do that? Yeah, the sad thing is [that] we don't even use real people anymore, just socks with buttons sewn on" - In Plain Sight: Season Finale (S02E15)
    "Let's see. Hose clamp = legal. Scripted Oxy = legal. Oxy on hose clamp = jail." - sofitel
    "DO NOT CHEW OR CRUSH & TRY TO INJECT EMBEDA UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT INSTANT ONSET UNTREATABLE WITHDRAWALS.
    "And when I see the red bloom -- fuck, I'm practically foaming at the mouth. Pavlov would be proud."-dugwylor
    "I don't care how hot the woman is, an asshole has one purpose- and it's not a pretty purpose, LOL! urghh..." - goodgirlgonebad
    "my man fuzzy slippers told me da word on da street is that plugging oxy in your urethra will get you super duper fucked up man. i'm gonna try it as soon as i get the chance...can't wait to penis plug!!! -FiendMan

Occasionally Opiated Logistics is fresh on the scene. Logistics is fresh on the scene. Logistics is fresh on the scene. Logistics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEY View Post

but still, be careful
    Damn, sounds like you took wayyy too much DXM, that or you're one of the rare people with extreme sensitivity to it.

Junky austinslacker will become famous soon enough austinslacker will become famous soon enough austinslacker will become famous soon enough austinslacker will become famous soon enough austinslacker will become famous soon enough

Besides saving on my computer, I am actually going to print it and put under withdrawal tips in my file cabinet. Very good info Synack!

Never Looked Back Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Synack View Post
    These two medications (DXM & Loperamide) resolved at least 90% of my withdrawal symptoms - this is a viable solution for quitting or taking a break from dope at done at home, I only wish I was aware of this sooner.

Do you have anything else to input?
    Good post Synack!

I was aware of the loperimide effect to ease 90% WD symptoms since the late 1990's. I had NOT told a lot of people lately because:

1. They accused me of lying

2. Sources for anything but tiny boxes of Lope are drying up AND raising price. It used to be available from Walmart (box of double bottles with 192 tablets) for about $9. First the price went up, then Walmarts near me are NOT carrying anything but the 24 to 48 blister packs.

If I think I am going to need it, I buy it from the mail order store I told you about for $5 for 400 tabs way ahead of time.

With LOPERIMIDE the liquid form of it will be absorbed more quickly than the tablets. The difference is noticeable to me, but the cost difference is huge. NOT the multi-product liquid, just liquid Loperimide drunk on an empty stomach.

Will

Jr. Opiophile lespaulpower is a name known to all lespaulpower is a name known to all lespaulpower is a name known to all lespaulpower is a name known to all lespaulpower is a name known to all lespaulpower is a name known to all lespaulpower is a name known to all lespaulpower is a name known to all lespaulpower is a name known to all lespaulpower is a name known to all lespaulpower is a name known to all lespaulpower's Avatar

Great info here.

But personally, I hope I NEVER again have to use something like this..
    Ever since the last few times I've endured this shit, I've made a pact to myself to never have to experience it again. Don't get me wrong, I've been full-blown SICK plenty of times, but it just wears on me after a while and DESTROYS MY SOUL. Hell, I'm surprised I haven't blown my brains out.

Quote Originally Posted by austinslacker View Post
    Besides saving on my computer, I am actually going to print it and put under withdrawal tips in my file cabinet. Very good info Synack!
    Hey AS, you may want to wait a week or two before printing it out since I'll be updating this to include additional OTC medications, as well as prescription medications.

Quote Originally Posted by lespaulpower View Post
    Great info here.

But personally, I hope I NEVER again have to use something like this..
    Ever since the last few times I've endured this shit, I've made a pact to myself to never have to experience it again. Don't get me wrong, I've been full-blown SICK plenty of times, but it just wears on me after a while and DESTROYS MY SOUL. Hell, I'm surprised I haven't blown my brains out.
    Yeah, I read on one of the ban oxycontin websites that someone actually did blow his brains out during withdrawal... that ungodly depression just consumes me too...
    Last edited by Synack; 05-19-2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Merge

If someone could test this out, and verify that you're getting the same results that me, Uncle Wiggly, JMohawk and RestHarrow did, that'd be great... a testimonial from some other members will definitely help.

Tsukiyomi-no-mikoto JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM's Avatar
    In a suburban town with nothing to do, patiently waiting for something to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Synack View Post
    If someone could test this out, and verify that you're getting the same results that me, Uncle Wiggly, JMohawk and RestHarrow did, that'd be great... a testimonial from some other members will definitely help.
    It would be cool to know who else gets the effects of loperamide, for me if I take a large dose 80-100mg it will completely stop my withdrawals, a miracle over the counter drug for me.

I'm doing this again for a few days... it really works... it's not perfect, but other than more meds - this is the best solution I've found so far...

Never Looked Back hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod's Avatar

Completely stopped my WD every time I tried.

hovadagod is not any kind of professional and anything he posts should be assumed fictional.

Opiophile Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell's Avatar

Bored today, had a bottle of 100 loperamide, this has had me so curious
    I had to try.

Been at between 100mg and 130 mg(present dose) of methadone maint.
    for 6yrs. now. I get 2 weeks worth of takehomes and just picked up yesterday
    so I have 13 botttles of "juice" sitting in my lockbox right here but I dont
    believe that compromised this mentally for me at all.

I am a complete wuss when it comes to W/D, I wake up every morning
    at 5am in "slight" W/D and dose right away. I cannot make it until 9am,
    already sneezing, yawning, skin crawling, hot/cold . Bad quick.

Anyway long to short I dosed 60mg lope. at 5a.m., 50mg lope. at
    7a.m. and 40mg. at noon. Ibuprofen at 600mgs. 3x today. No methadone
    It is 9:30pm here and I have not felt ANY signs of W/D at all today
    except a little achy, just a little.

I realize I just dosed Fri. a.m. and this is just Sat. but if it wasnt
    for the lope. which at this point I am 95% good, I would have been
    drinkin my dose by 8am tops , my skin is already crawlin and I have
    the cold sweats by then if I dont.
    So in crisis Loperamide is an A+ in my book. Just my experience judge
    it how you will. Dolo...

Opiophorum Member NOLA is just really nice NOLA is just really nice NOLA is just really nice NOLA is just really nice NOLA is just really nice NOLA is just really nice NOLA is just really nice NOLA is just really nice NOLA is just really nice NOLA is just really nice NOLA's Avatar

So what OTC thing can you buy for the DXM?

Never Looked Back Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum's Avatar

^ Lot's and lots of stuff....Robotussin, Delsym, Dimetapp, Coricidin, generic store shit and lots of other places Im sure.

Though it's been a long time since I've needed it or used it I still remember Lope being a huge help at least a dozen times.
    In somnifera veritas
    In somnifera aequitas

OpioNoMo DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA's Avatar

never used loperamide in that doses but since 15 years i never go coldturkey... I usually use codeine every 2 to 4 hours and thats enought because the ceiling of codeine is "over" in a couple hours allowing to take more and increase the quantity of morphine inside you.
    When my codeine is running low i add tramadol and kratom to it and stops me my WDs almost completly.
    Also if my smack habit is large enought for the codeine (and the others above) to improve my emotional WD, so when i need more than just "not be in WD" then i would use poppies tea and maybe methadone, that will keep me not WDing and felling normal.

But its good to know loperamide works... But the thing is... In my country loperamide costs a lot more than codeine so i would buy codeine instead.. Codeine is not OTC but i got my ways to easy get it!

Opiophile Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell's Avatar

Just wanted to update that I went to bed at about 11:30pm sat. night.
    Slept like a baby until 7am this morning, dosed my regular methadone dose.
    I metabolize my 'done very fast and am just absolutely shocked at how
    well the Lope. worked. I have never missed a day of dosing methadone
    in 6 years, cant make it past 24 hours without the onset of some W/D.

Made it 48hrs. without a dose and felt 90-95% fine. Unbelievable!
    Just FYI, judge me how you will.

Dopiophile Moderator jdub is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) jdub is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) jdub is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) jdub is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) jdub is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) jdub is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) jdub is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) jdub is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) jdub is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) jdub is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) jdub is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) jdub's Avatar

This thread is great. I haven't W/D in a long time because I take done. I wanted to add that this stuff may work for making it through short term withdrawal, but for me to put together any long term sobriety, I need some sort of rehab. Just throwing that in.
    “Sleep late, have fun, get wild, drink whiskey and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind but falling in love and not getting arrested.”― Hunter S. Thompson

I've always lived by the creed that you're never a failure in life if you fall as long as you try and get back up.

-Evel Knievel

on lope again... fucking hell, since I found out lope could help this much (more than tramadol)- I'm absolutely CARELESS with my meds... ouch.

Jr. Opiophile erica is a name known to all erica is a name known to all erica is a name known to all erica is a name known to all erica is a name known to all erica is a name known to all erica is a name known to all erica is a name known to all erica is a name known to all erica is a name known to all erica is a name known to all erica's Avatar

Loperamide is a godsend. It does not even nearly get rid of all my withdrawal symptoms, but it does well enough to make it where I can sit still and not want to smash my brains out with a mallet. I would really recommend it...I take about 40 mgs every few hours for the first few days, and taper from there. I'm about 11 days out from my last shot of heroin and I'm still taking about 20 mgs a day. It helps a ton.

And really, I could care less about being able to shit. That's like the last thing I am worried about. It comes out eventually.
    I come and go, but I'm trying to stay.

Went to the doctor, and I asked her to make this stop
    Got medication, a new addiction, fucking thanks a lot
    Had a relapse, went back to rehab, ruins everything
    So point your finger, at the singer, he's in the pharmacy

Never Looked Back limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria's Avatar

I've noticed that there's been plenty of drug names thrown around but has anyone addressed what to do let's say you're home kicking and you aren't able to get all of those things (maybe only a partial list)?

We're all adults here so I'll just say it. An "auto-erotic release," can provide a nice little respite from some of the symptoms. I've found for me it provides anywhere from 10-30 minutes of lowered symptom levels and perhaps a tiny bit of pleasure (as if most of us haven't burned out our pleasure centers already). It's helped me in the past so I figured why not share it, even at the risk of being laughed at. I'd imagine it might help women too but I couldn't say for certain as I have external plumbing. Has anyone else ever done this, if, for nothing else than to pass time?

That's another good point: passing time. If you have a DVR or a DVD collection, save up a whole bunch of your favorite shows or movies. When I was in severe w/d in the past with a monster habit about all I could do was lie on the couch or in my bed and watch the tube. Actually, Trainspotting just made me think of combining idea #1 with idea #2 except a content change (x-rated DVD, net porn, whatever you've got).

Doing those two things has helped, albeit maybe 10%, but then again every little bit helps, right?

P.S. Per someone else's post about lopermide, what, are they cracking down on that (DEA)??? I mean, now you need ID to buy pseudofed, benedryl and DXM products. What a friggin' world, eh?
    LiMiTLeSS
    * My posts have been produced for entertainment value only.

Jr. Opiophile FiendMan is just really nice FiendMan is just really nice FiendMan is just really nice FiendMan is just really nice FiendMan is just really nice FiendMan is just really nice FiendMan is just really nice FiendMan is just really nice FiendMan is just really nice FiendMan is just really nice FiendMan's Avatar

several doses of lope (about 100mg) throughout the day does wonders for me. however, it does not get rid of the chills/sweats. i have to add a few doses of about 200mg of dxm to help w/ the chills. even while on subs i still have to use the dxm to get rid of the chills. dxm and mdone seem to be the only thing that will help this annoying little aspect of the w/ds.

Opiophorum Member DanTilly is a jewel in the rough DanTilly is a jewel in the rough DanTilly is a jewel in the rough DanTilly is a jewel in the rough DanTilly is a jewel in the rough DanTilly is a jewel in the rough DanTilly is a jewel in the rough DanTilly is a jewel in the rough DanTilly's Avatar

I've always been lucky in the sense that very low doses of loperamide (20mg or so) work wonders for me.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but here in VA we have a store called "Dollar General" they sell bottles of 48 for $3 -- screw walmart/walgreens prices
    Officer, officer, tell me the truth
    How many times can I get in trouble with you
    Before they lock me up for all the bad things that I do?

10 more days of lope maintaince... ugh.

Sams' club has a bottle of 350 2mg pills for $5.24 after tax..

edit: With high dose lope, my withdrawal is 100% allevoated - I'm approx. 40 hours since my last dose of oxym. This is from a habit of intranasal 300mg oxym with a 5 day piss-poor excuse for a taper at 100mg intranasal per day.
    Last edited by Synack; 07-06-2010 at 02:22 AM.

Opiophorum Member hansardo is just really nice hansardo is just really nice hansardo is just really nice hansardo is just really nice hansardo is just really nice hansardo is just really nice hansardo is just really nice hansardo is just really nice hansardo is just really nice hansardo's Avatar

Synack -

Can you sleep when using the lope maintenance? I find that the lope helps every symptom but the insomnia... nothing helps that short of benzos/seroquel and way too much diphenhydramine. I've accidentally sort-of tripped on benadryll trying to get to sleep in hardcore WD. Kept losing my balance and shit.. it was a nightmare.

Just curious because everyone seems to be very different when using lope for WD.

PS sorry to hear that you're short on meds that sucks and happens to me a lot lately, as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast