+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cotton fever?! - Help - Urgent

Opiophorum Member pegasys has a spectacular aura about pegasys has a spectacular aura about pegasys has a spectacular aura about pegasys has a spectacular aura about pegasys has a spectacular aura about pegasys has a spectacular aura about pegasys's Avatar

Default Cotton fever?! - Help - Urgent

I did a shot, i also did many shots the night before, this morning and my temp spiked up to 100.1. I felt hot, then cold, and got a headache. I drank some water and took a vitamin. It's been only about half an hour and the fever has subsided, but I still have a headache. My temp is now 98.5, it's usually 97.x so I still have a bit of a fever, for me. Can cotton fever end this quickly, or is it just pausing to come kick my ass later.

Is it even cotton fever? i mean I know it could have been some random bacteria, I shot up cold, several times in the last few days. I've been shooting for months and months and have never had something like this happen. I'm thinking about going to the doctor first thing in the morning, but do i even need to if my fever has come down. I have good insurance so it pays to be better safe than sorry.

I'm basically wondering if this is something I need to go to the Dr. for. Also I'm starting to feel kind of nauseous too.

Now I am back to 100.5, I'm really getting worried. I don't like how my temp seems to swing up and down please respond quick I'm super scared.

Edit: Now at about 45 min after the shot my temp has gone up to 101.
    Edit #2: about 1 hr in I started puking, this is getting worse and worse Does anyone have experience with this?

Junky goagirl23 is a glorious beacon of light goagirl23 is a glorious beacon of light goagirl23 is a glorious beacon of light goagirl23 is a glorious beacon of light goagirl23 is a glorious beacon of light goagirl23 is a glorious beacon of light goagirl23 is a glorious beacon of light goagirl23 is a glorious beacon of light goagirl23 is a glorious beacon of light goagirl23 is a glorious beacon of light goagirl23 is a glorious beacon of light goagirl23's Avatar

Default Re: Cotton fever?! - Help - Urgent

If it was cotton fever you would know it...starts with the shakes/chills...then the worst throbbing headache you have ever had, then your freezing, nauseous, etc. You can almost always get rid of cotton fever by sticking an asprin under your tongue till it dissolves and after that it usually goes away within 30-45 min. oh and cotton fever rarely lasts more than a few hours im pretty sure...
    An addiction is merely having a passion for something. As a kid I was always told to find something I was passionate about....

-Goagirl23

Occasionally Opiated Buriduh is an unknown quantity at this point Buriduh's Avatar

sounds like it. you should be ok within a few hours. it sucks i know =(

Opiophorum Member pegasys has a spectacular aura about pegasys has a spectacular aura about pegasys has a spectacular aura about pegasys has a spectacular aura about pegasys has a spectacular aura about pegasys has a spectacular aura about pegasys's Avatar

I think thats what it is, I don't have the shakes as described in so many descriptions of it. I have all the other symptoms u mentioned, puking is getting worse, headache is pretty bad. I don't know if i have cotton fever from that bacteria that lives on cotton, or just bacteria in general from the shot, but i feel pretty awful right now. How many hours does it usually take to run its course?

Edit: Thanks for the quick responses, idk what I would do without the community that this forum provides. The crazy thing is that i still can't wait to do another shot, even though it is what got me here. Junk is no joke.

Junky goagirl23 is a glorious beacon of light goagirl23 is a glorious beacon of light goagirl23 is a glorious beacon of light goagirl23 is a glorious beacon of light goagirl23 is a glorious beacon of light goagirl23 is a glorious beacon of light goagirl23 is a glorious beacon of light goagirl23 is a glorious beacon of light goagirl23 is a glorious beacon of light goagirl23 is a glorious beacon of light goagirl23 is a glorious beacon of light goagirl23's Avatar

Seriously stick an asprin under your tongue..it works almost every time....
    An addiction is merely having a passion for something. As a kid I was always told to find something I was passionate about....

-Goagirl23

Junky Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough

I have had cotton fever about 6 times, now maybe im slightly immune to it but i never found it to be to bad, aspirin and im pretty much good, I will get very very hot, and then have massive chills for about 20min so bad if someone came in it would look like i was having a seizure, but putting a few blankets on and i warm up in 15 and the chills subside. If you can try and fall asleep, maybe that's why i think its not so bad, every time ive had it, i was able to fall asleep within 40 minutes. Also i can tell about a half hour before its going to hit, because my skin will get VERY sensitive it almost hurts to rub it so i am able to pop some pills like aspirin and prepare for it. Anyway it should be gone within a few hours, good luck lay down in bed and just try to drink fluids and ride it out.

Opiophorum Member Eric5989 is fresh on the scene. Eric5989 is fresh on the scene. Eric5989's Avatar

I've had it a few times too. Thanks for the tip about aspirin, I wish i would have known that a week ago.

I usually just lay in bed and ride it out. It really sucks cause I usually get it from cotton shots when I'm broke and desperate. More opiates always help, just make sure you use sterile gear.

I have had slightly different symptoms every time though. theres always the headache, and chills. The last time though I was shaking so bad I thought I was having a seizure. I was able to fall asleep about an hour in thankfully. The time before that I didn't have the shakes that bad, but every time I stood up my vision would fade to white and I felt like I was about to faint if I didn't sit back down.

It can be a truly terrifying experience If you don't know whats going on. It definitely sounds like you got the fever though. Just try to sleep it off as best you can. I'm by no means a medical professional, but I would give it at least 8 hours before going to a doctor. Thats just me though, if you feel like something is really long its better to be safe then sorry

I worry most about getting endocarditis and having my heart valves get eaten away. I can't believe I've gotten myself into this situation.

Granny Nurse Moderator
    PLATINUM MEMBER
    SUPER FUCKING SOLID GOLD MEMBER
    Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pegasys View Post
    I worry most about getting endocarditis and having my heart valves get eaten away. I can't believe I've gotten myself into this situation.
    Hey love, let this be a warning to you - BE CAREFUL.
    Now that I've scolded you gently how are you feeling?
    If your fever persists for more than 24 hours or if you start feeling really crappy - weak, chest discomfort, fever goes higher than 102 or so - get thee to a doctor and despite the doctor's potential judgement tell him/her what you have done. They need to use your input and if you are afraid of endocarditis you need to tell them why.
    Don't worry, it won't be the first time they've heard it.
    Good luck and please keep us posted!
    Nurse Popplvr

Dopiophile Moderator jdub needs no introduction jdub needs no introduction jdub needs no introduction jdub needs no introduction jdub needs no introduction jdub needs no introduction jdub needs no introduction jdub needs no introduction jdub needs no introduction jdub needs no introduction jdub needs no introduction jdub's Avatar

God last time I got cotton-fever, I had taken a shot right before I was going out to lunch with my family. As soon as they picked me up, I knew it was going down. Started getting cold sweats etc. Just rode out the lunch and went home to bed.

Hope you are feeling better. I'm like the others here in that,once I feel it coming on, I pop some advil and benzos and go to bed.
    “Sleep late, have fun, get wild, drink whiskey and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind but falling in love and not getting arrested.”― Hunter S. Thompson

I've always lived by the creed that you're never a failure in life if you fall as long as you try and get back up.

-Evel Knievel

Thanks for the support, I'm feeling alot better, it went away after about 8-10 hrs. The experience inspired me tofinally actually get subs from a doctor who will test me for opiates oI can't cheat, maybe do it right this time. Though Swim was able yo get raw for the first time today so he had to get that, swim figured its a good way to, finish off while my scrip gets filled. And really thanks for the support and kind words, I've been battling a crushing depression lately, g/f of 4 years left, etc. and haven'thad any supportat all. It's amazing how a forum can put a smile on your face.

Occasionally Opiated deathmau5 is fresh on the scene. deathmau5 is fresh on the scene. deathmau5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pegasys View Post
    Thanks for the support, I'm feeling alot better, it went away after about 8-10 hrs. The experience inspired me tofinally actually get subs from a doctor who will test me for opiates oI can't cheat, maybe do it right this time. Though Swim was able yo get raw for the first time today so he had to get that, swim figured its a good way to, finish off while my scrip gets filled. And really thanks for the support and kind words, I've been battling a crushing depression lately, g/f of 4 years left, etc. and haven'thad any supportat all. It's amazing how a forum can put a smile on your face.
    Waaaah. "I do dope because my daddy didn't hug me"
    "I have made a very big decision
    That I'm goin' to try to nullify my life
    'Cause when the blood begins to flow
    When it shoots up the dropper's neck
    When I'm closing in on death"

"Heroin" - Lou Reed (Velvet Underground)

True Opiophile duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deathmau5 View Post
    lol

And then I'm reminded that there are just as many assholes on the internet as there are in real life. You must do dope because you are happy and well adjusted .

مغادرة حكايات للأطفال chopstix has disabled reputation chopstix's Avatar

...but apparently fucked you in the ass everynight instead.

Why would you bother to write that reply? Do you have Tourette's or are you just a total prick for no reason all the time?
    All posts made under the user account 'Chopstix' are exercises of creative fiction and in no way represent fact or truth. The user account 'Chopstix' is open to multiple authors with a common interest in lawful research and authoring fiction; and as such, no single user is responsible for the entirety of the post content of this account. No content may be reproduced in any form or fashion via any medium whatsoever unless specified with written and notarized permission of the original post author, without exception. Got that? Good! Have a bitchin' day.

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society"
    Krishnamurti

True Opiophile Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s's Avatar

i think this falls under the
    'assholery' clause of the rules thread...

i did dope in part because of my personal probs...

is that a prob with you, dude?

"...i paid a visit to Schrodinger in his vienna apartment before his death... There were no cats. I was told he did not like cats."
    -quantam leaps, bernstein.

(thanatos)

[
    'thiscapriciouswhim'
    ]

'grass is greener
    over here'

True Blockhead Administrator Fat Pie is an Opiowizard! Fat Pie is an Opiowizard! Fat Pie is an Opiowizard! Fat Pie is an Opiowizard! Fat Pie is an Opiowizard! Fat Pie is an Opiowizard! Fat Pie is an Opiowizard! Fat Pie is an Opiowizard! Fat Pie is an Opiowizard! Fat Pie is an Opiowizard! Fat Pie is an Opiowizard! Fat Pie's Avatar

I've had cotton fever a fair few times. Shakes, headaches, fever (high temp.), cramps...it sounds like it to me. I once shook so bad and for so long I had the worst cramps of my life for hours. Get to bed and sleep it off; also you should take a painkiller (aspirin, nurofen, whatever). It isn't lethal, or anything to get worked up about, just a nasty little infection that comes from a bacteria that grows in the cotton plant. Needless to say, don't reuse any old wads of cotton you have (where the bacteria is most prevalent, and most likely to be found). Throw 'em out to resist the temptation and always have clean, sterile ones on standby.

It'll pass, you just need to wait it out. Btw, I'm not accusing you of reusing your old cotton buds (I did. I'm an idiot. I regretted it); you may have just caught a normal bacterial infection, like a cold or something. However, it does sound like cotton fever to me. You may have just caught it by accident; the bacteria can grow in cotton regardless of whether it has been used or not, and can be passed through used water, syringes etc. It's simply more prevalent in used cotton than unused cotton.

Anyway, whatever the circumstances/causes/effects, just sit it out. If things get really bad, you could call an ambulance, but I assume they'd just give you an aspirin and make you sit it out. Something you'd probably prefer to do in the comfort of your own home, as opposed to an A&E waiting room.
    Blockhead: "Um, what's a conscience?"

Conscience: "Someone who hates you, but...can't do anything about it.

Occasionally Opiated deathmau5 is fresh on the scene. deathmau5 is fresh on the scene. deathmau5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chopstix View Post
    ...but apparently fucked you in the ass everynight instead.

Why would you bother to write that reply? Do you have Tourette's or are you just a total prick for no reason all the time?
    No, no, no. I am simply stating that we all have turned to opiates to self-medicate ourselves for some sort of psychological discrepancy in our lives. I just feel like since we ALL can take out our violins and sing our sad songs about why we turn to dope... nobody's sob story is going to strike a tear in any of our eyes.

It wasn't meant to be an asshole comment. More like a black comedic response to a tired statement.

"I am so depressed so I shoot heroin."

Aren't we all?

Heroin - The cause and solution to all junkie's problems.

No offense. Simply babbling. Sorry y'all.

One Love Choppy & Thanny.

Opiophile JTDuffet is just really nice JTDuffet is just really nice JTDuffet is just really nice JTDuffet is just really nice JTDuffet is just really nice JTDuffet is just really nice JTDuffet is just really nice JTDuffet is just really nice JTDuffet is just really nice JTDuffet is just really nice JTDuffet is just really nice JTDuffet's Avatar

i have found that the dope itself can be a means of cotton fever. i bought a finger about 1.5 months ago, and it was dirty. its strong ass shit.. sniffed theres no problem. but each and ever time i shot it, i got the fever. and I am adament about cleanliness. alcohol preps. wash hands 3 times with soap and water. in between tasks.. as needed, etc. yet, after the shot i got a major headache, nauseous, fever, etc. so i tried a week later, and same shit.. really makes me not want to use anymore...

-jt
    In for a penny in for a pound...

Never Looked Back Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly's Avatar

It wasn't meant to be an asshole comment. More like a black comedic response to a tired statement.
    Stick to your fucking day job.
    "Fifteen cents for the morphine, and twenty-five cents for the beer.
    Fifteen cents for the old morphine, now carry me away from here."
    "Soldier's Joy"
    (Traditional Scottish fiddle reel with lyrics added during the American Civil War)

Tsukiyomi-no-mikoto JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM's Avatar
    In a suburban town with nothing to do, patiently waiting for something to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by douchemau5
    I am simply stating that we all have turned to opiates to self-medicate ourselves for some sort of psychological discrepancy in our lives. I just feel like since we ALL can take out our violins and sing our sad songs about why we turn to dope... nobody's sob story is going to strike a tear in any of our eyes.
    Sure there are really good reasons to be an ass and really you didn't have even one, I assume you thought "Im cool because Im an asshole".

Grow fucking up.

if you are going to be a douche then get the fuck out of here, seriously.. do it some more and I'll show you the door myself.

Never Looked Back Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyMohawk View Post
    Sure there are really good reasons to be an ass and really you didn't have even one, I assume you thought "Im cool because Im an asshole".

Grow fucking up.

if you are going to be a douche then get the fuck out of here, seriously.. do it some more and I'll show you the door myself.
    I'll help you hold it open!
    "Soldier's Joy"
    (Traditional Scottish fiddle reel with lyrics added during the American Civil War)

I apologize guys. I really wasn't trying to be an asshole. I have a very sarcastic and cynical sense of humor but I truly wasn't trying to offend or upset anybody. I received an infraction for it and I will take it as a learning experience. I cherish my membership here and assure you I will not make any more postings of such a douchebag nature. Seriously, I apologize for it. Don't hold it against me.. I'm really not an asshole. I am actually a nice guy. I just tend to say stupid things but I will think before I speak..err..type.

I appreciate you mods doing your job and I'll take my public beating.

Sorry everyone!

On topic: Yeaaaah... cotton fever sucks!

Token ★ Phenethylaminophile Chipper has disabled reputation Chipper's Avatar

Pegasys, please don't think we're all like deathmau5 - in fact, I can't remember ever reading a more heartless, nasty reply when someone (you, in this case) was reaching out for help and support.
    Last edited by Chipper; 05-14-2010 at 03:23 AM. Reason: EDIT: deathmau5, I didn't read your appology since we posted at the same time ... but you sound sincere.
    "Less is More"

Never Looked Back poppy has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. poppy has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. poppy has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. poppy has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. poppy has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. poppy has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. poppy has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. poppy has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. poppy has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. poppy has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. poppy has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. poppy's Avatar

I assume this thread is the reason for Deathmau's other thread regarding how to change his name.
    Hopefully we're all tolerant enough to give him another chance, like Chipper's edit says he sounds sincere.

Never Looked Back Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy's Avatar

Wow dude. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you were trying to make a joke and it came out wrong. Cuz otherwise you are a complete fucking asshole.

To the OP...Sorry about the whole situation. That is really tough. I know I would have a hard time coping if my GF left, so I feel for you. Glad you are feeling better physically. As time passes, it will get easier, but it is tough no matter what.

Hang in there.

Edit: Well Deathmau5.... I entered the statement above before getting to page 2 of this thread. I am going to leave it in it's original state cuz I mean it. Since I am giving you the benefit of the doubt and you were at least big enough to apologize I don't think you are a complete fucking asshole. I know you have already taken a lashing for it, so I will keep it short. think of how you would feel if you just suffered a loss- someone leaving or dying in your life and someone threw that your way. It would probably hurt you. I am sarcastic as hell in real life. But not when someone is hurting. That is just really mean. Even to joke at someone in that state is mean spiritted.

I am going to figure you are young. At least you apologized. But really try to think before you rake someone who is hurting over the coals for a laugh.

But you apologized and I think you meant it. So you are still ok in my book. But damn bro....

Jr. Opiophile george123 has a spectacular aura about george123 has a spectacular aura about george123 has a spectacular aura about george123 has a spectacular aura about george123 has a spectacular aura about george123 has a spectacular aura about george123's Avatar

I apologize guys. I really wasn't trying to be an asshole. I have a very sarcastic and cynical sense of humor but I truly wasn't trying to offend or upset anybody. I received an infraction for it and I will take it as a learning experience. I cherish my membership here and assure you I will not make any more postings of such a douchebag nature. Seriously, I apologize for it. Don't hold it against me.. I'm really not an asshole. I am actually a nice guy. I just tend to say stupid things but I will think before I speak..err..type.

I appreciate you mods doing your job and I'll take my public beating.

Sorry everyone!

On topic: Yeaaaah... cotton fever sucks!
    A pretty decent apology, but please refrain from "assholery of any kind" in the future, as stated in the opiophile rules. Next time youll get more than an infraction, Id think.

Departed Opiophile TigerFan has much to be proud of TigerFan has much to be proud of TigerFan has much to be proud of TigerFan has much to be proud of TigerFan has much to be proud of TigerFan has much to be proud of TigerFan has much to be proud of TigerFan has much to be proud of TigerFan has much to be proud of TigerFan has much to be proud of TigerFan has much to be proud of TigerFan's Avatar

Actually, I have some questions on this...

Is it true that the symptoms hit about 20 mins after the shot?
    Cotton fever has nothing to do with actually getting cotton in the blood stream, but rather the bacteria?
    Is there any way to know if the cotton has bacteria on it?
    Is it true that drinking large amounts of sugar helps?

I know that's a lot but I want to know the facts from the urban legends
    [I]Seemed like a good idea at the time...[/I]

Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFan View Post
    Actually, I have some questions on this...

Is it true that the symptoms hit about 20 mins after the shot?
    Cotton fever has nothing to do with actually getting cotton in the blood stream, but rather the bacteria?
    Is there any way to know if the cotton has bacteria on it?
    Is it true that drinking large amounts of sugar helps?

I know that's a lot but I want to know the facts from the urban legends
    1.It can come on anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour.

2.No,nothing to do with cotton.Yes it's bacteria.

3.No-just be as hygienic as possible with your prep and injection.

4.No,but it won't do you much harm either.Better take an aspirin and go to bed for a few hours.Although there is some truth to the theory that the best cure is another hit.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Nick, Opio is the first place I've ever heard it called, "Cotton Fever." We always called it Dirt Fever and it would appear that's a more accurate description.
    "Soldier's Joy"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast