Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soma + Hydro first time

Junky jerets is fresh on the scene. jerets is fresh on the scene.

Default Soma + Hydro first time

Hello there,
    I have read every single thread on Soma and the Soma/Hydro combination. I am picking up my scripts of both tomorrow. I have 10mg/500 Lortabs (120) and 350mg Somas (30). I haven't had any vikes in a couple weeks, but it usually takes 15-20mg of hydrocodone to get me a nice opiate buzz; I can only notice slight affects from 10mg. I am starting this post b/c I have never tried Soma. I have taken a lot of different benzos (valium, xanax, klonopin, etc). All of which just make me slightly more relaxed, very lathargic, and tired and usually seem to take away from my opiate buzz. I have heard how ever that Soma (in some people) can greatly add to the affects of opiates. I plan on working tomorrow and don't want to be completely knocked out. Will 1 Soma make me real tired when mixed with a 10mg hydro? Will 1 Soma (for the first time) make the 10mg hydro seem like a 20-25mg dose. I can work very well on hydro, I am just nervous about adding Soma to the combination. Any last minute experiences would be appreciated.
    Thank you
    jjng5

p.s. does Soma make one real tired (like benzo's); or not as much?

Opiophorum Member soulman is fresh on the scene. soulman is fresh on the scene.

Default Re: Soma + Hydro first time

from my experience the soma+hydro cocktail is great as long as you dont overdo it. what youre talking about dosage wise seems totally acceptable to me, but you are your own man, you know your limits and so forth, but no i dont think a soma + 20-30mgs of hydro will hurt ya at all.
    peace- da soulman
    "sorry about every kiss, and every kiss you wasted back
    think that thing you said was true, I'm gonna die
    ALONE AND SAD"
    -Ryan Adams "Dear Chicago"

Jr. Opiophile orangejuice is an unknown quantity at this point orangejuice's Avatar

soma+hydro was one of the first things i had ever tried when my using began ( i had low tolerance)...soma doesnt actually increase the effects of hydro i think...but in my eyes its an awesome combination... i dislike soma alone but with hydro its excellent...i would try one soma first....they kick in fast so watch out but with you tellin us what ur used to of hydro it seems like 2 wouldnt "HURT" you but i understand ur concern u dont wanna be too fucked at work... try one....30 mins later try another and so on its really up to u but Caution! if u take too many somas youll have a serious slur that u cannot help lol its kinda funny but u dont wanna be around a boss talkn bout " hey bosssssssssssss man.. i fuckin LOve you dude !! lol (slurring) anyways yeah its an awesome combo just be safe

Never Looked Back devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice

shit dont add the somas till end of work day

Jr. Opiophile freedomclub is fresh on the scene. freedomclub is fresh on the scene. freedomclub's Avatar

I believe these two break down into Mepergan? which always eventually put me to sleep. But not positive. Somas took me awhile to appreciate. I don't really like them by themselves but they did go with hydrocodone nicely. Soma by itself kinda made me drunkish for a little while then nasty feeling. I did wait until after work until I brought the Soma onboard, as I enjoyed the speedyness of a pure hydro buzz.

Jr. Opiophile jab will become famous soon enough jab will become famous soon enough jab will become famous soon enough jab's Avatar

Soma breaks down into Meprobomate (Milltown), not mepergan. The deal with soma, and I've said this a million times, is that tollerance builds quicker than pretty much any other drug on the market. Your best bet is to keep the dosage low. Also, high doses of soma will give you petit mal siezures; I've had them and it's not fun.

Just be safe and keep the doses sane and you'll be just fine. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by freedomclub
    I believe these two break down into Mepergan? which always eventually put me to sleep. But not positive. Somas took me awhile to appreciate. I don't really like them by themselves but they did go with hydrocodone nicely. Soma by itself kinda made me drunkish for a little while then nasty feeling. I did wait until after work until I brought the Soma onboard, as I enjoyed the speedyness of a pure hydro buzz.
    ..jab

Jr. Opiophile freedomclub is fresh on the scene. freedomclub is fresh on the scene. freedomclub's Avatar

I know that Soma breaks down into Meprobromate. I was asking if hydrocodone and Soma taken simultaneously break down into Mepergan (Demerol)?

Jr. Opiophile jab will become famous soon enough jab will become famous soon enough jab will become famous soon enough jab's Avatar

Ahh, I see.

Mepergan is not Demeral. Mepergan is Meperidine (demerol) with some phenergan added for nausea.

I can't see how the two could break down to be that, but I guess anything is possible in vivo.

Now, I've had both (mepergan and soma/hydro), and they feel qualitatively different. I'll research further, but from what I'm finding, this isn't the case. I'll see what I can dig up though.

Quote Originally Posted by freedomclub
    I know that Soma breaks down into Meprobromate. I was asking if hydrocodone and Soma taken simultaneously break down into Mepergan (Demerol)?
    ..jab

Junky jerets is fresh on the scene. jerets is fresh on the scene.

So soma takes from the speediness of a hydro buzz? does it make it more euphoric? Will the soma just make me tired?
    also. take the soma first or the hydro first?

Soma will relax you and take some of the speediness away. It does increase euphoria for me, and many others, but results are allways subjective. It won't make you overly tired though. I usually take my pain meds about 20 minutes before the soma. Soma hits very fast, so that way they hit together, and you end up with a nice little "rush" of sorts. YMMV with timing, of course.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by jerets
    So soma takes from the speediness of a hydro buzz? does it make it more euphoric? Will the soma just make me tired?
    also. take the soma first or the hydro first?
    ..jab

Occasionally Opiated _rlpsd. is an unknown quantity at this point _rlpsd.'s Avatar

codones + soma = great mix.
    codones, alone, give me a pulse of energy.
    codones with somas give me the nods.
    (nods are hard to come by these days)

Junky PantyShot9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by jab
    Soma breaks down into Meprobomate (Milltown), not mepergan. The deal with soma, and I've said this a million times, is that tollerance builds quicker than pretty much any other drug on the market. Your best bet is to keep the dosage low. Also, high doses of soma will give you petit mal siezures; I've had them and it's not fun.

I just had a seizure on Saturday and I thought there was no way it could have been the Soma. And it's the new generics which seem a lot stronger to me. But what I was wondering was way earlier in the day I had IV'd some Tagamet just being stupid and reckless could this have made it so the 6 Soma caused this seizure because I've taken 6 before with no problem. And if not could taking benzos along with Soma (although probably being a very drowsy mess) eliminate the risk of seizures?

Never Looked Back Curio is fresh on the scene. Curio is fresh on the scene. Curio's Avatar

Re: Soma + Hydro first time

Quote Originally Posted by PantyShot9
    I just had a seizure on Saturday and I thought there was no way it could have been the Soma. And it's the new generics which seem a lot stronger to me. But what I was wondering was way earlier in the day I had IV'd some Tagamet just being stupid and reckless could this have made it so the 6 Soma caused this seizure because I've taken 6 before with no problem. And if not could taking benzos along with Soma (although probably being a very drowsy mess) eliminate the risk of seizures?

benzos are an antidote (emergency care) FOR seizures, so in a round a bout way, yes....but I would be more concerned with WHY or WHAT caused your seizure....was it a grand mal seizure? because the "petit mal" seizure the other poster mentioned is a whole different kind of seizure than I believe most people would think of when the term "seize" is brought up....

wait, you IV'd tagamet??? from a pre-made IV solution or pills you "made" into a solution?
    Curio/comaTOES

I wasn't sleeping ! I was IN A COMA!

Quote Originally Posted by comaTOES
    benzos are an antidote (emergency care) FOR seizures, so in a round a bout way, yes....but I would be more concerned with WHY or WHAT caused your seizure....was it a grand mal seizure? because the "petit mal" seizure the other poster mentioned is a whole different kind of seizure than I believe most people would think of when the term "seize" is brought up....

wait, you IV'd tagamet??? from a pre-made IV solution or pills you "made" into a solution?
    As I said I was being dumb so I did it from pills. But it could have very well been a petit mal because at the hospital they weren't sure if I had a seizure or not they said they thought I had one. But would the cimitidine afffect the Soma because I've taken 6 with no problem before. And they actually gave me IV Ativan funny story he told me he was gonna give me some and who knows how much later because everything was hazy I go "I thought you were gonna give me IV Ativan" and he said I already did do you want some more and in my head I'm thinking why but said yes at the same time. They didn't tell me I may have had a seizure until the next day.

Absentee Landlord Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony's Avatar

ahh, soma+hydro. my advice: more hydro, less soma in the combo. first time I did it i took too much soma and ended up passing out on my couch for 12 hours. but it is truly an awesome combo. great way to potentiate hydrocodone.

Quote Originally Posted by bronyraur
    but it is truly an awesome combo.

to quote Lynyrd Skynyrd, "You sure...got that right".

That's funny, because 6 is what seized me out, and I've taken 6 many times before and since. I think it has something to woth how much of it is converted to Meprobomate in vivo.

Now I never really take more than 5, unless special situations occur, and don't have this problem.

BTW, I also feel the generics are stronger, so it's nice to see I'm not alone on two fronts.

comaTOES, one time when I got these petit mal seizures I took some benzos (xany) and it was ALL BAD. High dose Soma and Benzos can be lethal, and aren't fun at all (as in passed the fuk out). I would suggest if someone has seizures to go to the ER and not try to self-medicate with benzos; at least when taking Soma. But for generalized siezures, yes, benzos are given to help alleviate the symptoms and agitation; usualy IV though as it's hard to get some siezing to swallow a pill. Luckily, the petit mal seizures from Soma are usually minor, and require only a little time for the drug to evacuate the system.

Anyway, I'm rambling..

Be safe all!!

Quote Originally Posted by PantyShot9
    ..jab

Sorry, I just was this.. You would KNOW the difference between grand mal and petit mal if you have ever had either. Unfortunately I've had both, as a result of personal medical issues, and petit mal is VERY different.

If you sized to the point you lost consciousness, or where unaware for any period of time as to what was happening, accompanied by beating yourself silly and waking up in serious pain it was likely grand mal. Petit mal siezures are nothing like that.

Grand Mal : A grand mal seizure ? also known as a tonic-clonic seizure ? is a type of seizure characterized by loss of consciousness, falling down, loss of bowel or bladder control, and rhythmic convulsions. Seizures result from an abnormal electrical discharge in the brain. Other types of seizures include petit mal seizure and temporal lobe seizure.

Petit Mal : Petit mal seizure ? also known as absence seizure ? is a type of seizure that most often occurs in children. An abnormal electrical discharge in the brain causes seizures. Other types of seizures include grand mal seizure and temporal lobe seizure.

Usually, a petit mal seizure involves only a brief, sudden lapse of conscious activity. Each seizure lasts only seconds or minutes, but hundreds may occur each day. During a petit mal seizure, small jerks sometimes occur involving the facial muscles or hands. A person who experiences a petit mal seizure can usually resume normal activities immediately after the seizure ends.

Soma has only ever given me petit mal.. NEVER grand mal. If you had grand mal see a doctor ASAP!!

Quote Originally Posted by comaTOES
    was it a grand mal seizure? because the "petit mal" seizure the other poster mentioned is a whole different kind of seizure than I believe most people would think of when the term "seize" is brought up....
    ..jab

Sorry, I just was this.. You would KNOW the difference between grand mal and petit mal if you have ever had either. Unfortunately I've had both, as a result of personal medical issues, and petit mal is VERY different.

If you sized to the point you lost consciousness, or where unaware for any period of time as to what was happening, accompanied by beating yourself silly and waking up in serious pain it was likely grand mal. Petit mal siezures are nothing like that.

Grand Mal : A grand mal seizure ? also known as a tonic-clonic seizure ? is a type of seizure characterized by loss of consciousness, falling down, loss of bowel or bladder control, and rhythmic convulsions. Seizures result from an abnormal electrical discharge in the brain. Other types of seizures include petit mal seizure and temporal lobe seizure.

Petit Mal : Petit mal seizure ? also known as absence seizure ? is a type of seizure that most often occurs in children. An abnormal electrical discharge in the brain causes seizures. Other types of seizures include grand mal seizure and temporal lobe seizure.

Usually, a petit mal seizure involves only a brief, sudden lapse of conscious activity. Each seizure lasts only seconds or minutes, but hundreds may occur each day. During a petit mal seizure, small jerks sometimes occur involving the facial muscles or hands. A person who experiences a petit mal seizure can usually resume normal activities immediately after the seizure ends.

Soma has only ever given me petit mal.. NEVER grand mal. If you had grand mal see a doctor ASAP!!
    Well I saw a doctor I was in the hospital because I was looking for a Dilaudid I lost in the street and I guess I fell and started convulsing. And neighbors saw and called 911. The thing is now I'm wondering why I had a seizure at all if Soma causes petit mal seizures do they sometimes cause grand mal seizures? As I said all I had otherwise the whole day was I IV'd a Tagamet pill. So when you had a petit mal seizure on 6 was it the generics also. And what those aren't that dangerous or something so you wo't need to go to the ER? I'm just freaked out because I thought I had finally found out why I had a seizure and now I have no idea. And do you have to lose bladder and bowel control for it to be a grand mal seizure because that didn't happen with me thankfully?

Never Looked Back shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about

I know you answered this Pantyshot, you said it was just dumb, but why would you want to shoot a tagament in the 1st place? Is there something I am not reading about these things?

Just curious is all, I know I have done some pretty stupid shit too, but I guess this one just makes me scratch my head.
    Like taking the hair off a monkey.........dont try this at home

Quote Originally Posted by shaunclo
    I know you answered this Pantyshot, you said it was just dumb, but why would you want to shoot a tagament in the 1st place? Is there something I am not reading about these things?

Just curious is all, I know I have done some pretty stupid shit too, but I guess this one just makes me scratch my head.
    I get really retarded when sober no reason at all to try and shoot it I guess I just really wanted something in my veins that day.

Absentee Landlord Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony's Avatar

shit dont add the somas till end of work day
    devilsdrug is seriously correct. it should say that on the f*ckin' bottle. (even though it probably does in some ass-backwards way)

So I just am wondering was this seizure I had not related to the Soma because I was convulsing from what that said and that doesn't happen in petit mal seizures? Could it be the combo of the Tagamet and Soma which still doesn't seem likely since it would only raise the Soma blood levels and if Soma doesn't cause said seizures it wouldn't matter what the blood levels were? There is also the possibility I was hit by a car while on the Soma could that have caused the seizure?

Never Looked Back devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice

i like that the phantom car assault theory works for me

Never Looked Back shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about

Those goddamn phantom cars hittin people all the time, I use that one all the time
    Like taking the hair off a monkey.........dont try this at home

Opiophorum Member gnat is an unknown quantity at this point gnat's Avatar

Shit, I have to comment on this one!

Great combo, hands down. They are made for each other, especially when you learn how to take them - timing wise. Like others said, take the hydro, a normal dose for you and when you feel it good(20-30mins), take the soma(s). One or two will do the trick for someone who doesn't take them normally(one if you're at work for a first time).

I was to the point where I could take 10-15 a day just to feel it twice, maybe three times in a 16hr day. So watch your level of intake... take breaks.

I have no problem taking them at work really either - as long as I'm taking hydro with them. If I take them without hydro the effects seem to linger much longer and slowly bring you down. If I have a really bad muscle spasm at work I'll take a 10, then wait a min and take 3 somas. 3-4 is my normal dose to feel what others would feel with one.

Somas give me a rush at their onset. But when taken like we've said... staggered, the rush is enhanced quite a bit. The hydro kinda takes over after the rush of soma. In other words, you don't continue to get more tired. The stimulating properties of hydro carry you through what would normally make you tired.

So I say go for it, and enjoy. 20-25mg of hydro then take two somas if you're at home. You'll get the feeling. Somas can actually make me see completely double, which is something special

OpioNoMo HeidiW is an unknown quantity at this point HeidiW's Avatar

What the hell is Milltown? An old -time tranquilizer?

Never Looked Back Curio is fresh on the scene. Curio is fresh on the scene. Curio's Avatar

I had a pretty good opiate tolerance when I took one whole soma ~ it kicked my ass and even scared me! Mostly because at first, it kinda felt like I might head off on an LSD type trip as it came on....

I would recommend people new to soma try taking a half the first time and then another half a little later after giving it time to judge the effects, esp. if combining it with ANYTHING opiate or benzo aka sedating medicines....
    (always, always remember you can definitely take MORE of a drug, you just can't take away a drug once it's given!!)

also, you can quickly develop rebound muscle spasms taking the soma tabs....I wait until I can't stand it before taking a half tab, then if it doesn't loosen, take another half. Even with this method I can still differentiate / sometimes notice that the next day I will start to get a spasm simply as the rebound from a tab the day before wearing off!!

I really can't believe it's not scheduled...compared to other stuff I've taken it is up there as far as "intensity".
    Curio/comaTOES

I wasn't sleeping ! I was IN A COMA!

OpioNoMo HeidiW is an unknown quantity at this point HeidiW's Avatar

I get prescrobed 90 Soma's/month, but I never take them. I assumed they were bullshit. After reading these posts about soma chemically changing into Milltown, I decided to take some. When I dosed this morning, (My regular morning dose of 4-10mg. methadone,2-30mg Morphine Sulphate IR, 1-2mg Xanax, and 1 soma. I have a decent buzz going now. Thanks for the info!!!

HeidiW:

Miltown / meprobamate

Adult Dosing:
    anxiety [400 mg PO tid-qid]
    Max: 2400 mg/day (to D/C, taper dose gradually 1-2wks)
    Metabolism:
    liver; CYP450: unknown
    Excretion:
    urine (8-19% unchanged); Half-life: 10h
    DEA/FDA:
    Schedule IV
    Class:
    Anxiolytic/Hypnotic,Non-Benzodiazepine
    Mechanism Of Action:
    exact mechanism of action unknown;
    acts at multiple CNS sites to produce anxiolytic and sedative effects
    Contraindications/Cautions