+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DLPA (D-L Phenylalanine)

Opiophorum Member whiterobot122 is an unknown quantity at this point whiterobot122's Avatar

Default DLPA (D-L Phenylalanine)

DLPA is an essential amino acid that allows your body to produce more endorphins naturally, also slowing the breakdown of endorphins. It takes about 1.5 - 2 weeks for the dlpa to take full effect, but when it does it can be a successful anti-depressant, pain reliever, and opioid potentiator; increasing the potency, duration, and analgesia of opioids. I myself use DLPA, it has worked wonders for depression too, when I was dependent on Oxycodone, I started using DLPA myself because I had heard such great reviews of it. Normally 80mg of oxycodone would help take the pain away, relax me, you know, normal opioid effects. I never would have believed an amino acid could do this, by 2 weeks, 80mg Oxycodone had me floored (which never happened) the analgesia from it was doubled, if not tripled when using DLPA with this. Duration was doubled, if only I could have found out about DLPA when I first started. DLPA is no joke, this amino acid will double, if not triple the effects of _________ opioid. It is more noticeable with short acting opioids, but it works for long acting too. It allows your body to release more endorphins when you use opioids, hence stronger effects. I highly suggest this to ANYBODY who is looking for a natural way to potentiate their opioids, or as an antidepressant, or an analgesic by itself. You will be very, very surprised by this drug, I know I and everybody else I have recommended it to were overly happy with the results. It will cut your tolerance to opioids by 1/3, if not 1/2. I have never felt any effect from 20mg Oxycodone, but with dlpa it provided strong analgesia. Take a look into it!

Never Looked Back Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow's Avatar

Default Re: DLPA (D-L Phenylalanine)

In the late 1990's I used it daily for a while and always felt like it gave Oxy and Hydro a "sweet" or improved feeling when I was a moderate user.

After I got up in higher doses, I could not tell a difference. I also like Tyrosine, which is the precursor to Phenylalanine. It seemed to help the Oxy or Hydro more than the Phenyl. did.

I had to take it daily to get much good out of it.

Now that my dosing is regular and much smaller amounts, I am going to give it another try. Thanks for reminding me.

Will

Never Looked Back Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid's Avatar

yeah I really want to try this. right now I have the supplement phenethylamine right now which is what some of phenylalanine is metabolized into. I really want to try DLPA because dextro-phenylalanine is an endorphin and enkephalin reuptake inhibitor it helps kill pain and potentiates opioids. l-phenylalanine is needed for your body to produce endrophins, enkephalins, and dopamine. so DLPA is definitely an interesting supplement to check out. its not very expensive and I've heard good things about it, plan to try it soon.
    whiterobot122- what doses of DLPA were you taking?
    "The magnitude of pleasure reaches its limit in the removal of all pain. When such pleasure is present, so long as it is uninterrupted, there is no pain either of body or of mind or of both together." -Epicurus
    The Sick Life | OpioWiki |
    http://lp.org http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

Opiophorum Member whiterobot122 is an unknown quantity at this point whiterobot122's Avatar

say you've been taking DLPA for 3 months, after your last dose of it, it will still work for up to 3 months afterwards. For the past 1.5 years I've taken DLPA daily at 1 gram doses 1x daily. about 3 months ago I stopped taking it, after about 1.5 months I could notice my methadone dose just didn't feel the same. As soon as I started taking DLPA daily again, my methadone dose had longer duration, more analgesia.

Never Looked Back Larkin has disabled reputation Larkin's Avatar

is this stuff available at your normal pharms otc?

Never Looked Back Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    is this stuff available at your normal pharms otc?
    I don't know if its OK to post sources for this type stuff. Its available OTC in "vitamin stores" in my area.

Will

Never Looked Back Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid's Avatar

yeah its OTC but many chains and pharmacies don't carry it in stock. but then again most of those places have a poor selection of amino acids in general. heck even l-phenylalanine supplements are hard to find in stores. but it is available in most vitamin catalogs and all over the net and its VERY affordable. I'm sure better vitamin stores carry it but there aren't many vitamin/health stores in my area.
    "The magnitude of pleasure reaches its limit in the removal of all pain. When such pleasure is present, so long as it is uninterrupted, there is no pain either of body or of mind or of both together." -Epicurus
    The Sick Life | OpioWiki |
    http://lp.org http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

Health Professional SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue's Avatar

I posted in another similar thread about giving this a try but of course, it got lost with the hacking. So, I figured I'd resurrect this one since the first post gives a fairly decent explanation of how DLPA works.

I have been taking 1000 mg daily - with the exception of maybe twice when I forgot. I thought I felt a difference a couple weeks ago, despite reading that it takes a few weeks to build up in your system, but it wasn't consistent.

Tonite though, I really felt a big difference. I had a nice high going on for a few hours and normally I would have to take twice what I took to achieve the feeling I got, as well as the duration. I am hoping it wasn't just some weird coincidence because I was about ready to give up. I did eat something high in fat with my dose, but I usually always do that so I don't think I can attribute it to that.

I'll check in again later with more info.

Never Looked Back Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz's Avatar

I used to be quite involved with amino supplements. In my experience you can get the best prices shopping around. The 'net has some good deals.

I found free form or chelated aminos to be the best. Some of them, like 5 hydroxy tryptophan (5 HTP) to have some definite immediate effects. Quite a bit of chill. GABA sublingual tablets are also excellent for relaxation.

DLPA is an excellent adjunct to opiates, if a little expensive in the UK.

Benz

Junky pink_reaper is a glorious beacon of light pink_reaper is a glorious beacon of light pink_reaper is a glorious beacon of light pink_reaper is a glorious beacon of light pink_reaper is a glorious beacon of light pink_reaper is a glorious beacon of light pink_reaper is a glorious beacon of light pink_reaper is a glorious beacon of light pink_reaper is a glorious beacon of light pink_reaper is a glorious beacon of light pink_reaper is a glorious beacon of light pink_reaper's Avatar

I used to be pretty into aminos..especially during/after withdrawal, thats the course of action I plan to take with this detox. I'm stocking up today or tomorrow and yes shopping around is always a good idea, with anything. Walgreens online has some good deals and has a lot of BOGO (buy one get one), they do this all the time. GNC will also have some pretty good deals!

I am about to start this and some other aminos so I don't mind to report back on the depression aspect, never thought to use it for potentiating...maybe another time!

undercover cop harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik's Avatar

WHOA!

Would one think this'd be great for PAWS or in general kicking opioids for good?

I mean, shit, if I could supplement my body's endorphin producing system when endogenous opioids do jack shit for me...

The depression is fucking awful!
    "you should never be embarrassed by your trouble with living, because it's the ones with the sorest throats who have done the most singing."

Junky pink_reaper is a glorious beacon of light pink_reaper is a glorious beacon of light pink_reaper is a glorious beacon of light pink_reaper is a glorious beacon of light pink_reaper is a glorious beacon of light pink_reaper is a glorious beacon of light pink_reaper is a glorious beacon of light pink_reaper is a glorious beacon of light pink_reaper is a glorious beacon of light pink_reaper is a glorious beacon of light pink_reaper is a glorious beacon of light pink_reaper's Avatar

Harmonik- YES! it is good for PAWS and I can attest to it, I used it before on a kick in combo with the normal amino acid protocol (google it) and it helped me tremendously!

Oh and FYI- GNC is closed on sundays, UGH! Try again tomorrow!

Health Professional SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue's Avatar

Thanks for the input guys. From what I've seen, the few studies that have been done were inconclusive. But obviously there's some anecdotal evidence!

I used to buy all my supplements and vitamins from the Vitamin Shoppe but they don't have DLPA, which really surprised me. They have just about everything else. So I bought mine at my local health food store; it was $16.99 for a bottle of 60 500 mg caps, Solaray brand. GNC didn't have it either - I checked there too.

I think there's another member that uses aminos - maybe MoreNowAgain I think? Hopefully she'll pop in here soon.

EDIT: Anyone know if it causes false positives on a drug test?? I read somewhere that it can and I have an appt with a PM doc next week. Of course I plan to tell him I'm taking it, but we all know how "educated" they can be with regard to this crap.
    Last edited by SapphireBlue; 05-15-2011 at 01:53 PM.

I just found a bottle on vitacost.com for 7 bucks..I'm getting what I couldn't get today on their website, much cheaper! It's twin labs brand, but the same 60 500mg caps. My laundry list of supplements for my taper included:

L-Glutamine
    L-Tyrosine
    Calcium&Magnesium
    Zinc
    B-Complex (Sublingual kind)
    Hylands Restful Legs
    Hylands Leg Cramps w/Quinine (both hylands are a MUST imo)
    5HTP
    DLPA
    3 bottles of 72 count Lope
    St Johns Wart
    Melatonin
    and I also take Beachbody ActiVit (This is the p90x supplement, really helps me with energy!)

Sorry to derail but I thought someone might benefit since the PAWS thing came up, it has helped me that is for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Benz View Post
    I used to be quite involved with amino supplements. In my experience you can get the best prices shopping around. The 'net has some good deals.

I found free form or chelated aminos to be the best. Some of them, like 5 hydroxy tryptophan (5 HTP) to have some definite immediate effects. Quite a bit of chill. GABA sublingual tablets are also excellent for relaxation.

DLPA is an excellent adjunct to opiates, if a little expensive in the UK.

Benz
    THanks for the info Benz! ONe thing I wasn't sure of, is it necessary to take the DLPA right before your pain meds or does it matter? Because I haven't necessarily been taking it prior to dosing, but I did last night and I was wondering what the best way is. I really don't want to have to take over 1000 mg a day; I'm a bit concerned about possible side effects. I don't seem to have any at my current dose so I'd like to keep it at that dose.

From the things I've read, I didn't think it mattered, but now I'm not so sure...

Opiophorum Member axe is fresh on the scene. axe is fresh on the scene. axe is fresh on the scene.

I seem to remember a few years back there was a phenylalanine>amphetamine synth being talked about. Was this ever discredited, or does anyone have any further info on it? Boro?

axe

Never Looked Back Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axe View Post
    I seem to remember a few years back there was a phenylalanine>amphetamine synth being talked about. Was this ever discredited, or does anyone have any further info on it? Boro?

axe

You can definitely make amphetamines from phenylalanine, they are structurally very similar to start with.

I would imagine it to be a prohibitively expensive precursor when cheaper chemicals are available.

Benz

Opiophorum Member miked138 will become famous soon enough miked138 will become famous soon enough miked138 will become famous soon enough miked138 will become famous soon enough miked138's Avatar

to anyone dlpa worked for, was it taken on an empty stomach? i was taking dlpa for about 2 weeks but with meals, then i read it is much more effective on an empty stomach so going to keep trying, so far though sadly i cant say i notice any real difference.

It is an amino acid so if you eat food, the aminos in food will interfere with absorption. So yes, you definitely have to take it on an empty stomach.

My PM doc said he read it can take as long as 6 weeks to build up in your system. I am not exactly sure how long I've been taking it, but it's getting close to 6 weeks. I started at 1000 mg daily but the last week or so I've been taking 1500. I'm afraid to take much more than that. And if you drink or eat anything with Nutrasweet in it, you want to be extra careful because those products contain phenylalanine also. To be safe, I just avoid Nutrasweet altogether (and for more than one reason!!). I try to wait at least 45 min after taking the DLPA before I dose; that seems to make a difference. It hasn't really allowed me to decrease my dose all that much, but I think it's kept me from having to take more, if that makes sense. Another thing to consider is fat intake if you're on hydro or oxy. HUGE difference if I eat a bunch of nuts or bread w/olive oil - lots of fat helps you absorb those drugs better.

So miked138, don't give up yet!!

OpioNoMo borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker

If someone finds a single-step carboxylic acid -> alkane then it's a great source for AMT. Now, many people find AMT too trippy and/or long acting but (-)AMT formed by the reduction of L-phenylalinine (the natural isomer) acts more like AET i.e. much more like MDA. I have read of a couple of reductions that would seem to fit the bill but they use toxic and/or costly materials. Of course, if one KNEW it worked....

Don't forget, AMT legal in the UK!

PLATINUM MEMBER LorTabitha has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. LorTabitha has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. LorTabitha has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. LorTabitha has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. LorTabitha has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. LorTabitha has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. LorTabitha has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. LorTabitha has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. LorTabitha has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. LorTabitha has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. LorTabitha has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. LorTabitha's Avatar

It took me three weeks to build up in my system. I was told to take 1000 mg max so that's what I've stuck with.

I've found a few online sources that are MUCH cheaper than the stores around me (limited availability).

Quote Originally Posted by Restharrow View Post
    In the late 1990's I used it daily for a while and always felt like it gave Oxy and Hydro a "sweet" or improved feeling when I was a moderate user.

After I got up in higher doses, I could not tell a difference. I also like Tyrosine, which is the precursor to Phenylalanine. It seemed to help the Oxy or Hydro more than the Phenyl. did.

I had to take it daily to get much good out of it.

Now that my dosing is regular and much smaller amounts, I am going to give it another try. Thanks for reminding me.

Will
    Will what dose of tyrosine did you take?

EDIT: And LT, do you mind saying where you get it? I think that's allowed...

Phounder jacky is just really nice jacky is just really nice jacky is just really nice jacky is just really nice jacky is just really nice jacky is just really nice jacky is just really nice jacky is just really nice jacky's Avatar

I started taking for around three days...
    and found it made me feel a little shaky, similiar to regular supplemental phen.

but I think I would like to try this again, but combined with agmatine, which is an nmda antagonist dietary supplement that seems to work OK for cutting dosage or potentiation.
    I probably also need to cut the dosage down for myself, taking less than 250 milligrams.

PLATINUM MEMBER LorTabitha has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. LorTabitha has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. LorTabitha has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. LorTabitha has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. LorTabitha has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. LorTabitha has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. LorTabitha has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. LorTabitha has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. LorTabitha has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. LorTabitha has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. LorTabitha has this rep level because Ryan is a whiny bitch. LorTabitha's Avatar

I get it @ Puritan's Pride. www.puritan.com

They usually have decent prices and buy one get two free on top of it.

Opiophorum Member emmajs is fresh on the scene. emmajs is fresh on the scene. emmajs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pink_reaper View Post
    I just found a bottle on vitacost.com for 7 bucks..I'm getting what I couldn't get today on their website, much cheaper! It's twin labs brand, but the same 60 500mg caps. My laundry list of supplements for my taper included:

L-Glutamine
    L-Tyrosine
    Calcium&Magnesium
    Zinc
    B-Complex (Sublingual kind)
    Hylands Restful Legs
    Hylands Leg Cramps w/Quinine (both hylands are a MUST imo)
    5HTP
    DLPA
    3 bottles of 72 count Lope
    St Johns Wart
    Melatonin
    and I also take Beachbody ActiVit (This is the p90x supplement, really helps me with energy!)

Sorry to derail but I thought someone might benefit since the PAWS thing came up, it has helped me that is for sure!

This is almost the same things I'm taking for Paws except I have a script of requip for the RLS. The DLPA is a wonder supplement for Paws. Melatonin is wonderful for sleep. Don't take too much 5htp as it can cause serotonin syndrome. Great list though. Need to post it in paws threads. I'm dealing with paws after tapering off 6 years on methadone which is the worst paws.

+ Reply to Thread