Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How can you tell if your dope is cut with fentanyl?

Funky D Man is just really nice D Man is just really nice D Man is just really nice D Man is just really nice D Man is just really nice D Man is just really nice D Man is just really nice D Man is just really nice D Man is just really nice D Man is just really nice D Man is just really nice D Man's Avatar

How can you tell if your dope is cut with fentanyl?

Hey all. I utfse for my buddy Jim, but I didn't find what I was looking for.

In fact, I got the following message: the following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: cut

Anyway, Jim does about a bag a day of tar, and recently acquired some powder in a stamp bag. It was pure white. After 30 hours of going without, Jim was about to jump out of his friggin' skin, and couldn't wait for that incredible feeling of relief as he depressed the plunger. He did half the stamp...

Slowly the sickness went away, but there was no rush of euphoria. After about 20 minutes, Jim actually felt pretty decent. Not like he'd done heroin, though... More sedated, less euphoric. 12 hours later, when Jim woke up to go to work, he still felt ok, jonesing just a little, but definitely not dopesick. He did the other half of the bag just so he'd be ok at work for the rest of the day.

Jim is wondering if this crap is cut with fentanyl. He's never done fent before, so he doesn't know what it feels like, or how long it lasts. However, he's done plenty of dope, and knows that whatever the fuck is in this crap, it certainly isn't heroin, although it does knock the sickness away for a pretty good while.

Any information or experiences that I could pass along to my buddy would be greatly appreciated...

True Opiophile upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007's Avatar

Default Re: How can you tell if your dope is cut with fentanyl?

Often times when dope is cut with fent you know it when you wake up from a Narcan blast in the hospital. If you make it that far.
    it's up or out and the ladder's on fire

Floyd the Barber blackman has disabled reputation blackman's Avatar

You know it only after you wake up dead.
    Your milk is my shit. My shit, it is your milk.

Opiophorum Member Opuim4TheMasses is fresh on the scene. Opuim4TheMasses is fresh on the scene. Opuim4TheMasses's Avatar

Dont sound like fent to me. Fent has NO LEGS, doesn't last half as long as dope.......

I got some of the famous chi-town fent/dope......I thought it was a horrible high....a little rush, kept the WD's at bay for all of 4 hours.....
    Take all these strings - They call my veins - Wrap them around - Every fucking thing......:musik010:

Opiophile 30_Units is just really nice 30_Units is just really nice 30_Units is just really nice 30_Units is just really nice 30_Units is just really nice 30_Units is just really nice 30_Units is just really nice 30_Units is just really nice 30_Units is just really nice 30_Units is just really nice 30_Units is just really nice 30_Units's Avatar

With fent you'da said daaaayum that's a good rush and wouldn'ta been back to ask us if it was fent.

This stuff sounds like a little bit of heroin and a lot of something like diphenhydramine.

Don't forget that powder/coumbian dope is also supposed to have a lot less 6-mam in it, which is responsible for a lot of the rush you notice with tar.

Opiophorum Member Opuim4TheMasses is fresh on the scene. Opuim4TheMasses is fresh on the scene. Opuim4TheMasses's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 30_Units View Post
    With fent you'da said daaaayum that's a good rush and wouldn'ta been back to ask us if it was fent.

This stuff sounds like a little bit of heroin and a lot of something like diphenhydramine.

Don't forget that powder/coumbian dope is also supposed to have a lot less 6-mam in it, which is responsible for a lot of the rush you notice with tar.

Exactly....If u had it, I'd prolly know it.......I mean I did, but I actually tried to get the infamous fent/dope.....stupid. IF you find it stay the fuck away, thats my advice...
    Take all these strings - They call my veins - Wrap them around - Every fucking thing......:musik010:

Funky D Man is just really nice D Man is just really nice D Man is just really nice D Man is just really nice D Man is just really nice D Man is just really nice D Man is just really nice D Man is just really nice D Man is just really nice D Man is just really nice D Man is just really nice D Man's Avatar

Okay, so it's definitely NOT cut with fentanyl.

Jim says this shit has legs, and little to no euphoria, but it does make the sickness go away for quite a while.

Jim is quite familiar with tar heroin, but has had little experience with powder. He is aware of the higher 6 monoacetylmorphine content of tar, but without having had good powder, he has no frame of reference or any way to compare good powder to good tar. This lack of experience leads to some more questions...

What does a blast of good powder feel like compared to a blast of good tar?

Is a higher 6mam content responsible for the euphoria Jim is familiar with? If so, Jim would like to know what a shot of pure 6mam would feel like. I would too, for that matter...

Btw, it is great to be able to get intelligent answers here at opie. The information I've gathered here I couldn't have found anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by D Man View Post
    Okay, so it's definitely NOT cut with fentanyl.

Jim says this shit has legs, and little to no euphoria, but it does make the sickness go away for quite a while.

Jim is quite familiar with tar heroin, but has had little experience with powder. He is aware of the higher 6 monoacetylmorphine content of tar, but without having had good powder, he has no frame of reference or any way to compare good powder to good tar. This lack of experience leads to some more questions...

What does a blast of good powder feel like compared to a blast of good tar?

Is a higher 6mam content responsible for the euphoria Jim is familiar with? If so, Jim would like to know what a shot of pure 6mam would feel like. I would too, for that matter...

Btw, it is great to be able to get intelligent answers here at opie. The information I've gathered here I couldn't have found anywhere else.
    I've never had tar, so can't chime in on that, but I do know that a higher 6-mam content means a better rush. Your body converts Heroin into morphine, then to the metabolites of morphine (including 6-mam). Just makes ur body skip a step or to, so the rush hits u harder, and faster....

I hope thats right anyway......

//no comment chopstix has disabled reputation chopstix's Avatar

Been using tar for years and I didn't have any complaints about the good powder I was getting during a trip out there. Sounds like good dope that's just been stepped on a lot..
    All posts made under the user account 'Chopstix' are exercises of creative fiction and in no way represent fact or truth. The user account 'Chopstix' is open to multiple authors with a common interest in lawful research and authoring fiction; and as such, no single user is responsible for the entirety of the post content of this account. No content may be reproduced in any form or fashion via any medium whatsoever unless specified with written and notarized permission of the original post author, without exception. Got that? Good! Have a bitchin' day.

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society"
    Krishnamurti

Censorship is the domain of tiny minds

Never Looked Back Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear's Avatar
    South East, UK about 1 hour out from London.

I've heard on here that fentanyl cut heroin will leave a purple residue in the spoon and the water will be slightly purple tinted.

Your body converts Heroin into morphine, then to the metabolites of morphine (including 6-mam).
    Actually, your body converts the heroin into 6-MAM, and the 6-MAM gets converted into morphine.

The faster the drug gets into your brain, the better the rush, this depends on how lipophilic it is. When acetyl molecules attach to morphine, they make it more lipophilic. If morphine only has 1 acetyl molecule attached, depending on the position it's attached to, you would get either 3-MAM or 6-MAM. If morphine has 2 acetyl molecules attached, you'd get diacetylmorphine aka heroin.

Out of all three, morphine is the least lipophilic, 6-MAM is more lipophilic and heroin is the most lipophilic. So when it comes to how fast the drug is absorbed into the brain it goes:
    Heroin > 6-MAM > Morphine

Heroin doesn't have much action on the mu-opioid receptors itself, but 6-MAM and morphine do. So heroin itself won't get you high, it needs to have at least 1 of it's acetyl groups broken off first. This happens relatively quickly but it's not instantaneous, but in a couple of minutes all of the heroin would have broken down. After about an hour or so the level of 6-MAM in the urine is so low, that drug tests can't tell if you've used heroin, 6-MAM or morphine.

So because of the delay time for the heroin to break down into 6-MAM in the brain, although it gets into your brain quicker than 6-MAM, it's not clear which would have a better rush; heroin or 6-MAM. You'd have to do a trial with pure compounds to find out.

But because some of the heroin gets broken down to 3-MAM in your brain, and 3-MAM isn't as active at the mu-opioid receptor as 6-MAM is, 6-MAM is thought to be slightly more potent then heroin.

Although heroin is much more water soluble than 6-MAM, as you can recrystalise 6-MAM hydrochloride in water, so if injecting 6-MAM it would take more water then you'd need for heroin. I'm not sure if 6-MAM hydrochloride is more or less water soluble than morphine.

Hey Woody Bear, thank you for such a detailed explanation. I've been wondering how the presence of 6mam effects the euphoric rush of heroin, but I think your explanation cleared things up a bit for me.

I have a rudimentary knowledge of chemistry, but if I understand correctly:

Morphine plus 1 acetyl group = 3mam, or 6mam, depending on the position of the acetyl group. Morphine plus 2 acetyl groups = diacetylmorphine, or heroin. After crossing the blood brain barrier, heroin is metabolized into 6mam and 3mam, and then into morphine.

Since heroin itself has little, if any, action on the mu- opioid receptors, it is the metabolization into 6mam, and to a lesser extent, 3mam, that accounts for the intense euphoria associated with heroin.

Now, since heroin is more lipophilic (more soluble in fats/lipids) than 6mam, and thus, crosses the blood brain barrier faster than 6mam does, it isn't really clear whether 6mam by itself would yield more of a rush than heroin. This is because the rate at which heroin is metabolized into 6mam could potentially be greater than the rate at which 6mam could cross the blood brain barrier by itself.

Have I got this right?

Never Looked Back Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear's Avatar
    South East, UK about 1 hour out from London.

Yes, that's it, D Man.

There were a few articles I read about 6-MAM being considered for medical use in America, where I learned quite a bit about it. The article said that heroin would never be considered for medical use in America because of politics, but 6-MAM potentially could, so the authors studied it a bit.

I wish I would have saved the link, but I think I found it by searching for 6-MAM on google scholar and going through the links.

Departed Opiophile Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by upstate_007 View Post
    Often times when dope is cut with fent you know it when you wake up from a Narcan blast in the hospital. If you make it that far.
    i shot the residue from a smoked fent foil tube once, just rinsed it.
    woke up hours later, needle in the back of my hand.
    hard as fuck rush,
    short half life.
    12hrs, yeah, not fentish...

note: diphenhydramine isnt a bad addition to dope really.
    i used to shoot the brand name benadryl caps by themselves,
    very sedating and stretches out the high it seems,
    also due to the moderation of histamine response,
    seems to lessen the perceived 'rush' of dope...
    [SIZE=2][B]
    "...i paid a visit to Schrodinger in his vienna apartment before his death... There were no cats. I was told he did not like cats."[/B][/SIZE][B][SIZE=1][B] -quantam leaps, bernstein.[/B][/SIZE][/B]

(thanatos)

[
    'thiscapriciouswhim'
    ]

'grass is greener
    over here'

Quote Originally Posted by Thanat0s View Post
    i used to shoot the brand name benadryl caps by themselves,
    very sedating and stretches out the high it seems,
    also due to the moderation of histamine response,
    seems to lessen the perceived 'rush' of dope...
    This sounds about right. I appreciate the responses- sounds like the dope my buddy got was heroin cut with a lot of diphenhydramine.

In retrospect, I don't know why fentanyl even crossed my mind. Simple lack of experience, I suppose...

Never Looked Back The_Chef is a splendid one to behold The_Chef is a splendid one to behold The_Chef is a splendid one to behold The_Chef is a splendid one to behold The_Chef is a splendid one to behold The_Chef is a splendid one to behold The_Chef is a splendid one to behold The_Chef is a splendid one to behold The_Chef is a splendid one to behold The_Chef is a splendid one to behold The_Chef is a splendid one to behold The_Chef's Avatar

If you head out to the hood to score your next batch of dope and Biggie Smalls and Pablo Escobar are slinging on the corner then your previous hit was probably fentacular. If not then life is a nice consolation prize. As other posters have claimed, you probably got stuff heavily cut with an antihistamine.

Never Looked Back odd has much to be proud of odd has much to be proud of odd has much to be proud of odd has much to be proud of odd has much to be proud of odd has much to be proud of odd has much to be proud of odd has much to be proud of odd has much to be proud of odd has much to be proud of odd has much to be proud of odd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D Man View Post
    Hey all. I utfse for my buddy Jim, but I didn't find what I was looking for.

In fact, I got the following message: the following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: cut

Anyway, Jim does about a bag a day of tar, and recently acquired some powder in a stamp bag. It was pure white. After 30 hours of going without, Jim was about to jump out of his friggin' skin, and couldn't wait for that incredible feeling of relief as he depressed the plunger. He did half the stamp...

Slowly the sickness went away, but there was no rush of euphoria. After about 20 minutes, Jim actually felt pretty decent. Not like he'd done heroin, though... More sedated, less euphoric. 12 hours later, when Jim woke up to go to work, he still felt ok, jonesing just a little, but definitely not dopesick. He did the other half of the bag just so he'd be ok at work for the rest of the day.

Jim is wondering if this crap is cut with fentanyl. He's never done fent before, so he doesn't know what it feels like, or how long it lasts. However, he's done plenty of dope, and knows that whatever the fuck is in this crap, it certainly isn't heroin, although it does knock the sickness away for a pretty good while.

Any information or experiences that I could pass along to my buddy would be greatly appreciated...
    sounds like the "china white" that is going around the Bay Area. No rush, no euphoria, does not feel like dope, gets you right and has some long lasting legs.

I don't know what the shit is either.

+ Reply to Thread