+ Reply to Thread

Thread: large hard lump after missed shot?

Occasionally Opiated mess4opana is fresh on the scene. mess4opana is fresh on the scene.

large hard lump after missed shot?

i think i accidentally missed a shot about 4 days ago. at the time i used hot water to help the area absorb what may have leaked out. my whole arm was very red swollen and painful for first couple days. swelling has gone down, redness is going away but i still have a very large lump like a little larger than a quarter on my inner elbow. i havent shot anywhere near it since but i have used a sterile needle to pierce the lump a couple times to try to drain it becasue i thought it might have been an abcess i let it bleed out a little with slight pressure. but as of today no pus or other signs of infection but i could be wrong i am not familiar with iv related skin problems. i am keeping it very clean but it could have been caused by some filth!?

help? please? what should i do? i will go to er IF this could cause any serious damage if its not treated. How should this be treated?
    ive been using a heating pad and taking ibuprofen to help with swelling. it doesnt itch and it really doesnt ' feel' like an infection but maybe its a really bad case of phlebitis. i have only been iv'ing filtered 'opana' pills for like a month

thank you health professionals in advance!

True Opiophile Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s's Avatar

Default Re: large hard lump after missed shot?

abscess time!
    if you see red area increasing in circumfirence,
    (that 'lump' is a colony of bacteria and their waste, growing ever larger)
    notice red streaking
    or a fever
    go to ER.

sometimes they lyse on their own.
    dont try to lance it yourself or squeeze it btw.
    bad deal.

at worst, a clinic will lance and drain and pack it until it heals.

let us know...

EDIT:
    this IS very serious, depending on what the abscess is near. endocarditis can result.

"...i paid a visit to Schrodinger in his vienna apartment before his death... There were no cats. I was told he did not like cats."
    -quantam leaps, bernstein.

(thanatos)

[
    'thiscapriciouswhim'
    ]

'grass is greener
    over here'

Granny Nurse Moderator
    PLATINUM MEMBER
    SUPER FUCKING SOLID GOLD MEMBER
    Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr's Avatar

Default Re: large hard lump after missed shot?

Quote Originally Posted by mess4opana View Post
    i think i accidentally missed a shot about 4 days ago. at the time i used hot water to help the area absorb what may have leaked out. my whole arm was very red swollen and painful for first couple days. swelling has gone down, redness is going away but i still have a very large lump like a little larger than a quarter on my inner elbow. i havent shot anywhere near it since but i have used a sterile needle to pierce the lump a couple times to try to drain it becasue i thought it might have been an abcess i let it bleed out a little with slight pressure. but as of today no pus or other signs of infection but i could be wrong i am not familiar with iv related skin problems. i am keeping it very clean but it could have been caused by some filth!?

help? please? what should i do? i will go to er IF this could cause any serious damage if its not treated. How should this be treated?
    ive been using a heating pad and taking ibuprofen to help with swelling. it doesnt itch and it really doesnt ' feel' like an infection but maybe its a really bad case of phlebitis. i have only been iv'ing filtered 'opana' pills for like a month

thank you health professionals in advance!
    Hi mess4opana, welcome to opiophile.
    Thanat0s has given you some good advice. Let me add to it.
    I believe what you have is an inflammation reaction to the injected stuff in your arm. It's sitting there like a lump and the body is walling it off.
    Usually if it is an abscess and bacteria is growing it in, the red spot will get larger and more painful over time. You may develop a flu like feeling and a fever. If that happens you need medical care.
    Best way to treat these chemical/inflammatory reactions is to warm pack the area several times a day, as you have been with your heating pad.
    STOP POKING NEEDLES INTO IT!! (Poppylvr jumping up and down yelling like a banshee!)
    This is the point where I say yet again that IV'ing pills is a really bad idea unless you have wheel filters to get the crud out.
    Good luck, if thinks change, call back

+ Reply to Thread