Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dry Fentanyl Patch

Occasionally Opiated alexnt is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Dry Fentanyl Patch

Swim is prescribed 100mcg fent patches. She prefers non gel and has trouble with pharmacys answering if there brand is gel or dry. What generic brands are dry? She knows Mylan is but isnt sure of other brands. Can anyone out there help with this.

OpioNoMo OPIcunningham is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Dry Fentanyl Patch

Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    Swim is prescribed 100mcg fent patches. She prefers non gel and has trouble with pharmacys answering if there brand is gel or dry. What generic brands are dry? She knows Mylan is but isnt sure of other brands. Can anyone out there help with this.
    mylan is the only non gel brand. the reason they dont know is because they cannot oppen the box and then open a patch to look inside and still sell or give to a customer. i know i wouldnt want that box.

there is, i hear a new brand out. i dont know the name, in fact i know nothing about it at all, except my insurance said they would no lnger give me mylans because of the cost. i was given the choice to pay the difference and it was only 20 dollars for all 3 boxes. so i did pay the difference.

Opiophile God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light

i've had 5 different brands of patches, and mylan is the only non-gel i know of. i've never heard one of my pain docs say anything positive about mylan, other than it sticks better.

to each their own, i guess. actually WANTING non-gel patches, jeez...
    So you wanna build an altar on a summer night
    Wanna smoke the gel off a fentanyl patch
    Ain't you heard the news? Adam and Eve were jews
    I always loved you to the max

-silver jews-

Jr. Opiophile shoybs is just really nice shoybs is just really nice shoybs is just really nice shoybs is just really nice shoybs is just really nice shoybs is just really nice shoybs is just really nice shoybs is just really nice shoybs is just really nice shoybs is just really nice shoybs is just really nice shoybs's Avatar

only one's i know of are Mylan, Teva, and PriCara

Never Looked Back limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria's Avatar

Sandoz patches left in the head that some fuckhead tries to sell you can be very dry. I should've known when it was 1/$20, 2/$40 it was "too good to be true."

I know that's a very random, non sequiturial comment but when I saw this thread that's what I thought it was going to be about.
    LiMiTLeSS
    * My posts have been produced for entertainment value only.

New Opiophile Shasta is an unknown quantity at this point

I liked wearing the 'dry' patches, I didn't even know it was there....the ex ( hmm, that's weird to say.. :eyebrow: ) liked the gel to get high.

insomniac port rhombus has disabled reputation port rhombus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    I think the problem is Swim's unwillingness to admit to the internet that she is in fact prescribed fent patches at all. One she gets past this, things will begin to improve... things will begin swimming in the right direction, so to speak.

Occasionally Opiated U4Euhhhhh... is an unknown quantity at this point U4Euhhhhh...'s Avatar

I think the problem is Swim's unwillingness to admit to the internet that she is in fact prescribed fent patches at all.
    Rite O. And what adds to the problem is the preference of glue over gel (which is so much better in every way...)
    oh..except the mylans tend to stick a lil better to your ass.

Never Looked Back Dhedmo has much to be proud of Dhedmo has much to be proud of Dhedmo has much to be proud of Dhedmo has much to be proud of Dhedmo has much to be proud of Dhedmo has much to be proud of Dhedmo has much to be proud of Dhedmo has much to be proud of Dhedmo has much to be proud of Dhedmo has much to be proud of Dhedmo has much to be proud of Dhedmo's Avatar

Mylan and Teva are both "dry" patches. Tevas resemble nicotine patches, from what I hear.
    "I itch with sentences that never appear. What a heavy oar the pen is."

From a letter to Louise Colet prior to 1856

Gustave Flaubert
    Photo c. 1880

Never Looked Back bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by limitless_euphoria View Post
    Sandoz patches left in the head that some fuckhead tries to sell you can be very dry. I should've known when it was 1/$20, 2/$40 it was "too good to be true."
    SWIM pays $25 for 100mcg Sandoz's. Is this an awesome price for them? Swim thinks it is because hydro and oxy are $.50/mg in swim's area.

How much are the patches from the pharmacy if you don't have insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by bigNasty View Post
    SWIM pays $25 for 100mcg Sandoz's. Is this an awesome price for them? Swim thinks it is because hydro and oxy are $.50/mg in swim's area.

How much are the patches from the pharmacy if you don't have insurance?
    i can tell ya in socal, the mylans, w/o ins. at *VS PHARMACY are about $160 a box. with yer AAA disount and some other CA discount*VS PHARMACY gives. my actiqs however were $1700 a box, and i got 4 boxes... that lasted all of 4 months till the insurance didnt wanna pay anymore.

got a few buddys sell there 100mcgs 10 a patch. ive never paid more that that. i saw a recent thread here on fent patch prices and i was fuckin flabbergasted! at what ppl had to pay.

Never Looked Back bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OPIcunningham View Post
    i can tell ya in socal, the mylans, w/o ins. at *VS PHARMACY are about $160 a box. .
    how many are in a box?

True Opiophile duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck's Avatar

ten .

Quote Originally Posted by bigNasty View Post
    how many are in a box?
    only 5 in my boxes of mylans

True Opiophile duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck's Avatar

strange, the boxes of 10 I've seen are mylan also....which makes sense b/c it is a 3day patch.

Quote Originally Posted by duck View Post
    strange, the boxes of 10 I've seen are mylan also....which makes sense b/c it is a 3day patch.
    maybe different MCG ive never seen a box of 50mcg 0r 25's

mine are written for every 48 hours, i get 3 boxes a month

Jr. Opiophile rosebud is just really nice rosebud is just really nice rosebud is just really nice rosebud is just really nice rosebud is just really nice rosebud is just really nice rosebud is just really nice rosebud is just really nice rosebud is just really nice

There are actually at least 3 brands that I know of in the line of what are called matrix patches (IE non-gel) now: Mylan, Teva and then just recently Sandoval changed to a matrix patch-no more gel patches from them according to my pharm.

Best of Luck!
    Rosebud

Quote Originally Posted by rosebud View Post
    There are actually at least 3 brands that I know of in the line of what are called matrix patches (IE non-gel) now: Mylan, Teva and then just recently Sandoval changed to a matrix patch-no more gel patches from them according to my pharm.

Best of Luck!
    last time i had SANDOZ they were gel, so if they have changed id like to see em, i know the pharm wont let me tho

Jr. Opiophile rosebud is just really nice rosebud is just really nice rosebud is just really nice rosebud is just really nice rosebud is just really nice rosebud is just really nice rosebud is just really nice rosebud is just really nice rosebud is just really nice

Oooops, yes I meant Sandoz-all the names run together after a while! And yes, this just happened literally in the last 30 days. Some places may have some stock left of the old gel ones, but they have gone to a dry, matrix patch now. So people who are expecting gels for.....whatever the reason, be forewarned!

Another company bought them out (possibly Mylan?) according to my pharm.....They do stick better than Mylans, I will say that for them. I got them the last time I picked up my scrip. Box looks exactly the same on the outside so there is no way you would know they changed until you opened them......

And that my fent friends, is my latest fent patch update!
    Rosebud

Never Looked Back Dhedmo has much to be proud of Dhedmo has much to be proud of Dhedmo has much to be proud of Dhedmo has much to be proud of Dhedmo has much to be proud of Dhedmo has much to be proud of Dhedmo has much to be proud of Dhedmo has much to be proud of Dhedmo has much to be proud of Dhedmo has much to be proud of Dhedmo has much to be proud of Dhedmo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OPIcunningham View Post
    only 5 in my boxes of mylans
    That's right.

Quote Originally Posted by duck View Post
    I haven't seen that; when I got Myalns I got three boxes per month ( x48 hrs).
    "I itch with sentences that never appear. What a heavy oar the pen is."

From a letter to Louise Colet prior to 1856

Gustave Flaubert
    Photo c. 1880

Occasionally Opiated fieldgoal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Dhedmo View Post
    Mylan and Teva are both "dry" patches. Tevas resemble nicotine patches, from what I hear.
    Also as of 6/1/10 The sandoz and the Duragesic Brand are both dry, or aka matrix patches.
    I may be wrong but as of 6/1/10, only the watson and activas generic patches are the only gel patches.I have heard that the Teva matrix patch is different in both color and texture compaired to the other matrix patches.

Occasionally Opiated fizzled428 is an unknown quantity at this point fizzled428's Avatar

Most brands I know come in 5 in a box whether you get 2, 3, or more boxes. Self labeled also
    "Now I'm of prison, I've got me a friend at last
    He don't steal or cheat or lie
    His name is codeine, he's the nicest thing I've seen
    Together we're gonna wait around and die
    Together we're gonna wait around and die." - TVZ

+ Reply to Thread