Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swollen Hand, and Immense Pain

Occasionally Opiated B-Diesel-More is fresh on the scene. B-Diesel-More is fresh on the scene. B-Diesel-More's Avatar

Swollen Hand, and Immense Pain

So the other day I was fixing up a shot put about 3 $10 viles in it and did my normal thing. Cooked it let it cool off a bit threw a cotton in and sucked it up the rig. Shot it in my left arm in a spot that I know i have used before it wasn't the crook of my elbow but if you can imagine your looking at your left arm now it was about an inch to the right. Now almost instantly i felt a surge go down my arm to my hand (very painful) and through my fingers. it was a burning sensation and I had no fucking clue what it was other than it could not be anything good. I couldnt have been the dope i was shooting cuz the past couple days nothing like this had happen. But about 15 minutes or less after I felt all the burning and pain my hand started to swell like crazy and it got to the point where i could barely move my digits and I was seriously thinking of going to the ER. I called up a buddy of mine I shoot with sometimes and he said it has happen to him before and that it would go away with an hour or 2. Sure enough several hours later my hand was starting to look normal again. Does anyone have any clue what could have caused this to happen? I was scared i was going to lose my hand or let alone half my left fucking arm at the time. If this has happened to you before and you can relate to what i described feel free to shine some light on the issue. Thanks

insomniac port rhombus has disabled reputation port rhombus's Avatar

Default Re: Swollen Hand, and Immense Pain

Sounds like you hit an artery.

Hopefully someone with better info will post more...

Never Looked Back Spork is a name known to all Spork is a name known to all Spork is a name known to all Spork is a name known to all Spork is a name known to all Spork is a name known to all Spork is a name known to all Spork is a name known to all Spork is a name known to all Spork is a name known to all Spork is a name known to all Spork's Avatar

Or a nerve. Or both.
    Spork. Not a Sp(F)o(rk)on

Opiophile Weanie More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen's Avatar

Agreeing with others, there are two major arteries around that area, and two major nerves.

From the sound of it, you hit the Ulnar nerve (and possibly the artery).

reverse this image for the left arm anatomy

MF

legal disclaimers:
    - More Feen is a fictitious character and an Opiophile Weanie
    - All posts are a work of fiction; the result of a diseased mind, and are intended for entertainment purposes only
    - More Feen does not condone any illegal activities; know the laws of your community, and abide by them

Departed Opiophile Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s's Avatar

prob artery, ive hit that one by going too deep.
    first time you ever hit an artery??
    wow.
    ive hit lots of em.
    sucks to waste the dope.
    and that mickey mouse hand that means you cant fix another shot right away.
    dropped my dope all over a golden gate bus trying once...
    heh.
    [SIZE=2][B]
    "...i paid a visit to Schrodinger in his vienna apartment before his death... There were no cats. I was told he did not like cats."[/B][/SIZE][B][SIZE=1][B] -quantam leaps, bernstein.[/B][/SIZE][/B]

(thanatos)

[
    'thiscapriciouswhim'
    ]

'grass is greener
    over here'

Occasionally Opiated endemicOpio is fresh on the scene. endemicOpio is fresh on the scene. endemicOpio is fresh on the scene. endemicOpio's Avatar

If it's not looking better in a few hours, I'd go to the ER to be on the safe-side.

True Opiophile duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck's Avatar

Yikes!! Seeing how close that Ulnar is to my old poking grounds makes me queezy.

True Opiophile upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thanat0s View Post
    and that mickey mouse hand that means you cant fix another shot right away.
    dropped my dope all over a golden gate bus trying once...
    heh.
    Haha. Defiinitely.

Trying to wedge the needle between two swollen fingers and trying to push the plunger with my knee. Did not end well.
    it's up or out and the ladder's on fire

Opiophorum Member Bluemagician is fresh on the scene. Bluemagician is fresh on the scene. Bluemagician's Avatar

Yeah, I had this happen when I was first learning to shoot up. I was rushing because someone came for a surprise visit, and boy oh boy did I learn from that mistake. Stuck the pin in near my usual spot, the inside vein (closest to my body) in the crook of my left arm. I kinda wondered to myself as I registered, "hey, that blood looks really bright", Instantly I knew it was bad. I could feel my heart pounding in my head as my entire left arm completely stiffed up and started throbbing. Most of my left arm, hand including, swelled like a balloon. I hid in my room for about an hour for it to go down (didn't want my visitor to see my balloon arm). Not to mention the dope was completely wasted. I got a rather painful "rush", but nothing I'd ever want to repeat.

I'm much more careful now, I take my time, and if I see bright red blood, I immediately abort my shot.

Never Looked Back Nate is just really nice Nate is just really nice Nate is just really nice Nate is just really nice Nate is just really nice Nate is just really nice Nate is just really nice Nate is just really nice Nate is just really nice Nate is just really nice Nate is just really nice Nate's Avatar

Sorry to change the subject, but when I register usually the blood is dark and many times its also bright red, but ive never had such a problem...is the blood in some veins lighter? Actually id have to say 50% of the time my register is brighter... glad ive been lucky not to hit an artery/nerve.
    :confused:

"How much pain one feels is not something the government should be deciding"
    Smoke weed everyday!

1 year+ clean on methadone.

Opiophorum Member Bluemagician is fresh on the scene. Bluemagician is fresh on the scene. Bluemagician's Avatar

Blood from an artery is extremely bright red. When you poke an artery, there is usually some pain and the blood from the register is extremely forceful.. I've noticed that, depending on where I hit, the blood color can be different brightness, but that artery shot was shockingly light, and bright. It's kind of hard to explain, but it's noticeably different from the color of a usual vein register blood color. I believe the color difference has something to do with the oxygen in the blood, or something like that.. someone with better knowledge could probably explain it better =P

Never Looked Back Nate is just really nice Nate is just really nice Nate is just really nice Nate is just really nice Nate is just really nice Nate is just really nice Nate is just really nice Nate is just really nice Nate is just really nice Nate is just really nice Nate is just really nice Nate's Avatar

Thanks for clearing that up, wondered why the colour differed from shot to shot.
    :confused:

"How much pain one feels is not something the government should be deciding"
    Smoke weed everyday!

1 year+ clean on methadone.

+ Reply to Thread