Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: whats your opinion on generic subutex?

Junky BigLou is fresh on the scene. BigLou is fresh on the scene. BigLou's Avatar

whats your opinion on generic subutex?

has anyone else taken generic subutex? (buprenorphine HCL) they just started coming around my small town. now ill admit, i IV subutex. and i know that alot of other people do too. i know that it is very harmful and will kill me etc etc. but i dont care, besides that i was wondering if anyone else noticed if the potency was any different with the generic subutex's? i dont know if anyone else on this forum iv's their subutex but if you do id like to know what kind of results you got from IV'ing the generic subutex. i dont know if its just in my head or what but it doesnt seem to do the same as subutex. but it definately still helps me from being sick and about the same effect. except the generic pills are rock hard and you have to crush them up. just wondering. thanks

P.S.

please dont reply about how harmful it is to inject subutex because i already know this and do plan on dying from it.

Opiophorum Member GetinLow is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: whats your opinion on generic subutex?

Are those generic Subutex or generic Suboxone ? I was under the impression that only Generic Suboxone was available ? If it is generic Subutex what is the Manufacturer and Pill Number ?

Hope you find a way to not kill yourself shootin that nasty shite !! Take care GetinLow.........

Ahh ..Forget it I had it backwards ... You are right its Subutex thats Generic... Effin Memory GetinLow
    Last edited by GetinLow; 12-30-2009 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Backwards Derrr.........

Junky BigLou is fresh on the scene. BigLou is fresh on the scene. BigLou's Avatar

they are set to have a generic suboxone soon! im hoping is white and flavorless like the original subutex although still containing the nalaoxone ofcourse! we should be seeing them soon! and the nums on the gen subutex is 54 over 411 white circle, manufactured by roxane pharms

Never Looked Back dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum's Avatar

I'm hearing that you swallow the generic subutex as opposed to the old sublingual route. Anybody know if this is true?
    What kind of man talks to the DEA? No man. No man at all.----Gus

nah they are meant to be sublingual but the temegesic's in europe are the only ones i know made for oral ingestion, and theyre only 0.2mg. i wish i could get my hands on one or two just to see if it gave me any effect

insomniac port rhombus has disabled reputation port rhombus's Avatar

^^^

Temgesic are actually sublingual tablets. It would be pointless to take 0.2mg of bupe orally.

On the other hand, taking Suboxone/Subutex orally should provide some effect due to the relatively massive dose (maybe not enough to reverse withdrawal symptoms, depending on the severity.) IIRC, bupe's oral BA is ~10%.

yeah, for some reason i thought tems were oral, i dont know though never seem them jus pics

Opiophorum Member Stonnewolf is an unknown quantity at this point Stonnewolf's Avatar

could you explain how shooting subutex will "kill" you?

Occasionally Opiated 812mny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Biglou! I am just like you, I also shoot my gen subutex and have been doing so for a very long time. I started with the Suboxone and once the generics for subutex came out I switched. I dont notice any difference though..seems to be the same to me. I do notice that I lose my veins quicker with the subs than any other drug I have IV'ed. Does that happen for you?

I normally do 16mgs at a time and I spilt it with my husband. I do notice if I bump up to 24mgs (3 pills) I get quite a bit more 'lift' and then go back to the 2 pills for awhile..then treat myself to 3..you get what I mean.

The easiest way to get them to dissolve, that I have found, is to measure your water in a container, then just break the tabs in half and put them in the water and wait just a few min. They will soften up and you can just stir it until you see its all dissolved.

I too hate when you get the shooting subs speech...It's just as dangerous as IV'ing any other pill IMO...except maybe a bit more fillers. But to each his own, right?

Later--8

Jr. Opiophile bodytec has a spectacular aura about bodytec has a spectacular aura about bodytec has a spectacular aura about bodytec has a spectacular aura about bodytec has a spectacular aura about bodytec has a spectacular aura about bodytec's Avatar

16mg shot of sub!?!?
    i do .5-1.0mg at a time max
    i heard of a guy using 2mg everytime and i thought that was a lot
    how do you afford all those subs?
    is that 60pills/mo.?

im glad i found ya . just wanted someone elses opinion. i no longer get them scripted so i have to buy them. with the brand name subutex the ones that say b8 i get 3 to 4 shots from one 8mg pill but with the generics i get about 2 mabye 3 if im lucky. i get the same effect from a half pill as i would from a whole one. the best way i found to do the generics is crush it up in a bill or paper and put it on the spoon then boil water in the microwave for about 1.5min and then squirt about 60-70 units on it and let it disolve and filter with a small piece of a cig filter. seems like when i crush the generics up first i always loose some i may just start putting a piece on the spoon and then add my hot water, thats what i normally do with the b8's but the generic 511 over 41 round white pills are alot harder then the brandname. and yes i also have the same vein problems. also the generics seem to leave alot more bunk w/out using hot water but essentially still the same effect i try to do about 2mg at a time but they dont always break as planned ya kno heh, if i was still getting them scripted id do half or a whole at once

Jr. Opiophile bodytec has a spectacular aura about bodytec has a spectacular aura about bodytec has a spectacular aura about bodytec has a spectacular aura about bodytec has a spectacular aura about bodytec has a spectacular aura about bodytec's Avatar

please use cold water for your subs
    and a big ole' cotton
    Last edited by bodytec; 01-01-2010 at 09:15 PM.

yep heh

Re: whats your opinion on generic subutex?

Quote Originally Posted by bodytec View Post
    16mg shot of sub!?!?
    i do .5-1.0mg at a time max
    i heard of a guy using 2mg everytime and i thought that was a lot
    how do you afford all those subs?
    is that 60pills/mo.?

On my insurance the generic subs are $20 per script so for the both of us its $40.00 per month. I get scripted 45 and he gets 30...so thats 75 pills for a whopping $40 bux. Before the generics we were spending a little over $200 for name brand suboxone though so its a nice break

wow u guys pay as much for a script as i do for one tab. 25 for generic 30 for brandname subutex hard to come by on the streets especially in my tiny little redneck mountain town, i need a new doctor i found one who will give me subutex but its 3 hr one way and 250 apt each month and i have no insurance cuz im collecting unemployment so they suspended my medical asistance card cuz i make 7 dollars too much a month.. ahh bs. hopefully il be able to get to that doc sometime soon

We also drive a distance for our subs but I worked it out with the Dr. she writes us our scripts with 3 refills (the max allowed) each visit so we only have to go every 4 months. Maybe your new Dr. can be persuaded to do the same if you explain your situation. My Dr. is not in it for the money aspect but rather actually CARES about helping her patients so im not sure if your Dr. would be the same or not. Its worth a try.

We only pay $60 per person at the Dr. so $120.00 total...I cant even imagine $250...ughhh

Good luck--8

yeah the receptionist told me he would most likely do that for me and oddly enough i told her i was also taking xanax for years for severe panic attacks and she said he would most likely script me those aswell and id only have to see one doc. really need to get there sounds like the best doc ive ever heard of lol

Opiophile panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLou View Post
    yeah the receptionist told me he would most likely do that for me and oddly enough i told her i was also taking xanax for years for severe panic attacks and she said he would most likely script me those aswell and id only have to see one doc. really need to get there sounds like the best doc ive ever heard of lol

just out of curiousity, you aint from a town with "st"(st, as in saint) in front of the other name? and the sub doc aint just out side of the Pittsburgh north side is he? i remember my doctor telling me, he has a bunch of people comming from that town, and its like 3 hours away. he said they must have some kind of problem up there.. the going rate for sub's around here is $3-5 each, he said up there its like $20!!

Opiophile dieselbaby is a name known to all dieselbaby is a name known to all dieselbaby is a name known to all dieselbaby is a name known to all dieselbaby is a name known to all dieselbaby is a name known to all dieselbaby is a name known to all dieselbaby is a name known to all dieselbaby is a name known to all dieselbaby is a name known to all dieselbaby is a name known to all dieselbaby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLou View Post
    please dont reply about how harmful it is to inject subutex because i already know this and do plan on dying from it.
    Wow, that's pretty lame that you plan on dying from something.
    Rest in Peace LALifer 7/20/2011. Hope you are entertaining all the good folks in the afterlife my amigo. You shall be very missed.

Opiophile panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda's Avatar

^^ i didn't even see that, i hope you are not serious......

i live 10 miles from St M**** and yes the doc is in pittsburgh

also do not plan on dying from it just did not want to hear anynmore horror stories about shooting subs lol

woke up with horrible canker sore under my tongue today ouch!!

Never Looked Back limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria's Avatar

Depending if/when it comes to my area I will try it and report back. I have yet to get any.
    LiMiTLeSS
    * My posts have been produced for entertainment value only.

Junky sexualhealing has a spectacular aura about sexualhealing has a spectacular aura about sexualhealing has a spectacular aura about sexualhealing has a spectacular aura about sexualhealing has a spectacular aura about sexualhealing has a spectacular aura about sexualhealing's Avatar

myself being in rural pa..... the sub rate, when i was doing dope steadily, was usualy 20-30 bucks per 8mg pill, be it suboxone or subutex.... didnt see tex too often though.

i too have to drive over an hour to my doc and get 50 8's a month and pay all cash..... i do have insurance but dont plan on ever using it for this purpose.... i dont need a prexsisting condition nor do i need the insurance companies knowing my private buisiness....

so i pay $60 bucks a visit (every 3 months), and the script is like just shy of $300/month... i know with my insurance the copay would be 20 a visit and 25 a script, but fuck them. lol.

my doc also gives me 4mg of klonopin a day for anxiety/sleep and i pay 20/month for 120 1's....

seems like theres just soooo much fucking dope in the PA area.... i mean, i know the shits EVERYWHERE, but it just seems crazy here, with good stamps and good quality.... i think being below NYC, above Baltimore, to the side of Philly, and above Pitt helps with that as theres always crazy sources coming to our small lil cities near me.... (i live near the capitial....like 30 some odd min away, which puts me in bum fuck really...)

i also have noticed with the subs the vein thing you mentioned, although i havent been doing that lately....trying to cool off as i know its gotta be some crazy fillers/binders when you end up tasting oranges in your mouth after a shot!!! LOL!!!

to the person who said they do like 8mg shots at a time (sorry i forget the name), how much water do you use for all that??? I was using like 50cc's for 2mg and would get that orange tinted but see through look to at least minimize damage as much as possible....

yah in my opinion an 8mg shot is kind of a waste. i mean i get the same effect from 2-4 mg as i do 8 so i try to make it last especially when paying for it but if i was getting scripted again id probly do 6-8mg shots. although i have done 8mg in one shot i generally use about 70 units of water i try not to get my rig filled to the top i like to have 50units when im done sucking it up. cause its hard when the rig is almost full ya kno what i mean

Opiophorum Member Stonnewolf is an unknown quantity at this point Stonnewolf's Avatar

how will injecting subutex "kill" you? is it any more dangerous than anything other pill?

dont think its any more dangerous than doing an oxy or a morphine pill etc. everyone has their own stance on that subject but there are always ways of harm reduction. i know idiots who shoot subutex and dont even filter it. that is stupid.

True Opiophile Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy's Avatar

Some people say that since it's a sublingual tablet is has water-soluble fillers that don't get filtered out. Whether or not that's true I can't really say.
    "Live on coffee and flowers"

ugh this sucks, i got 5 generic tex's left and they have to last me ten days. im thinking of trying to go a day without doing any at all or purposly trying to make myself sick before i do more but the stupid temptation always overrides that. ugh ill just try to only do a piece in the morning.. man.. i need to get to a doc.. life is just sux when u have to buy subs.

Never Looked Back limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria's Avatar

I'm not sure if you saw my k-pin thread today or not but I'm now on 1 mg 3x per day!

Here's the full story: http://forum.opiophile.org/showthrea...770#post457770

So, I just wanted to weigh in here... they finally have generic bupe in CT. That's right, I got my Rx filled and instead of "subutex" it said "buprenorphine."

Yes, and whomever said it was right... they kind of do look like perks but they're a little bit smaller. They're actually smaller than the subutex footballs which is cool because now it's the same dosage in a smaller concentration.

I took one this morning and here's the skinny: they taste the same as tex, they dissolve a little easier and quicker (not as fast as say a klonopin wafer but still quicker than the footballs). And yes, they are just as effective as the name-brand. I think they were $2-3 each, I don't know for sure because insurance got it.

They're now available statewide in Connecticut. The pharmacist confirmed it. He actually was the one who made me aware that they had switched me. I was like "oh yeah, I'd heard about it. Hopefully these are the same thing."

He responded, "I've not had one patient return yet to say otherwise."

I was like "Oh good," and I left the pharm.

So now, I'm hoarding those. Let's just say I got so many they couldn't even fill the Rx all at once! I've got to go back in a day or two in order to get the rest.

But yeah guys, if they have 'em, they're just as good IMO. Save yourself the bucks if you're paying out-of-pocket. More than one sub doc I've heard is willing to Rx subutex to patients just for those in that situation. He is convinced none of his patients would be "dumb enough" to try to shoot them anyway--so he says.

I just figured I'd let my fellow BMT friends know about this.
    LiMiTLeSS
    * My posts have been produced for entertainment value only.

thanks for the report. yeah i guess they do kind of look like percs lol. too small for me. i miss the b8 footballs. they are alot easier to break into 3 or 4 pieces.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast