Nasal Administration - Heroin - Burns Like Hell!

Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nasal Administration - Heroin - Burns Like Hell!

Occasionally Opiated endemicOpio is fresh on the scene. endemicOpio is fresh on the scene. endemicOpio is fresh on the scene. endemicOpio's Avatar

Default Nasal Administration - Heroin - Burns Like Hell!

Thanks in advance to those who have taken the time to read this thread...I'm sure it's a relatively stupid question that has a simple answer, but if you have a similar experience I'd like to hear it.

Former OC addict(80-100mg at a time/150 or so daily), recently(like last week) moved up(or down the ladder) to heroin. Found a street connect who hooks me up with white powder(West-Side Chicago). It certainly contains an opiate, but if I had to guess I'd say it's pretty weak(although the spot I get it from is always busy, so maybe I just don't know what is good or bad). Minimal euphoria/slight body warmth/relaxation for an hour so is the usual feeling from the 15 bags or so I've received from this spot/guy.

Anyway, after snorting the first bag of the day my nose and the back of my throat burns like all hell for around 10-15 minutes. Just terrible, and it overwhelms the miniscule rush that one gets from snorting opiates. I'm wondering what could cause that sensation and if there is anything I can do about it. I understand heroin is usually acidic, but this burning seems a tad bit over the top.

Well, that's my question...I hope y'all have a great holiday and take care of yourselves....

OpioNoMo GimpLeg will become famous soon enough GimpLeg will become famous soon enough GimpLeg will become famous soon enough GimpLeg will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Nasal Administration - Heroin - Burns Like Hell!

only heroin I've snorted has been Buttons, which around everywhere else are those bags people get, but here in st. louis its sold in clear gel caps. this dope burned like hell, also you saying its weak makes me to believe that you're getting a cut product.

I personally think that bags and buttons like this are meant for shooting as you have to do a couple to really get where you wanna be and snorting is just painful, and you have to do a bunch. ask the guy if he ever gets any "raw" or whatever you call it there.

I don't know if raw dope burns, but I'm sure its not fully pleasurable.

Opiophile Weanie More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen's Avatar
    Don't Stare at Flashing Brain (may cause seizures)

Hey Endemic-O,

There are lots of factors that will effect how much pain is caused by sniffing stuff:

1- Cutting agents (if lactose is used, probably not too painful, if diphenhydramine is used, more burning sensation).

2- pH if the stuff is acidic, it will combine with the moisture in your nose/sinuses and cause pain. The lower the pH, the more this will burn.

** One thing you can try, is: instead of snorting a powder, mix the stuff with some water. Then, use an eyedropper--or something similar--to place a few drops in your schnoz and sniff the solution all the way up your nose.

If this is also painful, you can then put a little bit of baking soda in the solution, mix, and then snort the liquid again. It should burn less.

You can experiment by adding more baking soda until you get a solution that burns very little.

WARNING: if you add too much baking soda, you can ruin (precipitate) your stuff.

I suggest that whether you are buffering a solution for injection, or sniffing, or plugging, that you TASTE a drop of this solution after adding a small amount of baking soda and mixing.

As a rough guide to pH-ing by taste:

pH 1-2 : will taste VERY sour, can burn your tongue/ mouth [add a pinch of baking soda]
    pH 3-4 : will taste quite sour (like tart lemonade) [add more baking soda]
    pH 5-6 : will taste a little sour (like weak lemonade where the ice has melted): This Is an Ideal pH !
    pH 7-8 : not sour, or tart, maybe even bland, added too much baking soda. avoid doing this.
    pH 8-9 : you will be getting close to freeing your base here, not a good idea unless you're doing chemistry.

Let me know if this helps reduce the burn!

M F

legal disclaimers:
    - More Feen is a fictitious character and an Opiophile Weanie
    - All posts are a work of fiction; the result of a diseased mind, and are intended for entertainment purposes only
    - More Feen does not condone any illegal activities; know the laws of your community, and abide by them

OpioNoMo GimpLeg will become famous soon enough GimpLeg will become famous soon enough GimpLeg will become famous soon enough GimpLeg will become famous soon enough

hmm, I don't really recall ever having sour dope. the only way I really taste mine is I will put the filter under my tongue for about 10 mins to get whatever else is in there sub-l. and it always tastes SUPER bitter.

Opiophile Weanie More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GimpLeg View Post
    hmm, I don't really recall ever having sour dope. the only way I really taste mine is I will put the filter under my tongue for about 10 mins to get whatever else is in there sub-l. and it always tastes SUPER bitter.

Well the bitterness might be from the good stuff, or it could be from the cutting agents.

You could buy some Benedryl, crush it, and then taste it/snort it, if it seems a lot like the H you have.

Many people complain about Tar burning, and that is likely due to a low pH. But IDK for sure.

M F

legal disclaimers:
    - All posts are a work of fiction; the result of a diseased mind, and are intended for entertainment purposes only
    - More Feen does not condone any illegal activities; know the laws of your community, and abide by them

I think its a little of both. because I know the "raw" around here can't be straight up pure.

I know what dormin/benadryl taste like, this is stupid, and I don't recommend it, but I used to shoot it up all by itself when I was sick to get some sleep. its got a rush to it, which is usually why you get a rush buttons, or bags. another thing you get a rush off of that one wouldn't think of is Ambien. I also don't recommend that.

Occasionally Opiated B-Willy is an unknown quantity at this point

from my experience, a torrid 3g/day habit, it comes and goes in cycles whether burns or not. i always assumed it was the cut but never knew for sure. thanks for the info. it never hurts to give your connect feedback. they expect it, and want it.

Opiophile methadoniac1972 is a name known to all methadoniac1972 is a name known to all methadoniac1972 is a name known to all methadoniac1972 is a name known to all methadoniac1972 is a name known to all methadoniac1972 is a name known to all methadoniac1972 is a name known to all methadoniac1972 is a name known to all methadoniac1972 is a name known to all methadoniac1972 is a name known to all methadoniac1972 is a name known to all methadoniac1972's Avatar

possibly cut with methadone?? its water soluble and burns like hell when snorted. just a possibility:cool::confused:

Quote Originally Posted by GimpLeg View Post
    I think its a little of both. because I know the "raw" around here can't be straight up pure.

I know what dormin/benadryl taste like, this is stupid, and I don't recommend it, but I used to shoot it up all by itself when I was sick to get some sleep. its got a rush to it, which is usually why you get a rush buttons, or bags. another thing you get a rush off of that one wouldn't think of is Ambien. I also don't recommend that.
    I've shot benedryl too, not too proud of it, but you're right: especially if you have a Needle Fixation (guilty) and need some sleep during wds.

If done properly, filtered with a 0.2um wheel filter, etc... it isn't too bad, or dangerous. In fact, they have "Injectible Bendryl" at some hospitals, I think its 25mg per mL and can be given IV. Each of the red tablets is 25mg.

Cool thing was, even after wiping-off the red coloring, the crushed-up solution was always pinkish. After filtering through a 0.2um filter, the solution was CLEAR--the filter even filtered the pink away!

M F

legal disclaimers:

oh no no, if you're gonna shoot benadryl, at least get the capsules.(also, you'd have to go brand name benadryl, or Dormin, otherwise the generics gel up) but at least you got a wheel filter, I just use q-tips. I don't know of any places around here that sell the wheel filters.

insomniac port rhombus has disabled reputation port rhombus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GimpLeg
    I don't know of any places around here that sell the wheel filters.
    You can order them online from various places.

They're a necessity if you're shooting pills and care about your health, even more so if you've got a habit.

Check out: http://forum.opiophile.org/showthrea...=wheel+filters
    Now I need a guillotine, to get you off my mind.

the only pills I've been shooting lately have been roxi 30's, and I don't feel its too often to warrant ordering something online for. especially since I have no way of ordering them. I don't currently work as I'm disabled (and not on disability yet) so I have no income. the roxi's I get are free for helping out.

Sorry man. Not being able to work on account of medical problems is such a fucking bummer. I've been there, too.

In my fantasy world, lab equipment companies would donate filters in bulk to the local exchanges...

in my fantasy world, I'd be able to go to walgreens and get me a big 'ol bottle of oxy off the shelves.

I'd be sitting at my desk (seems like all I ever do,) connected to up to a PCA pump, loaded with oxymorphone and no lockout.

I'd be super productive

mm, that reminded me of when I was at the hospital with my morphine pump, at one time they even put fentanyl in it. for morphine it was 1mg every 10 mins, believe me, it got pushed everytime I thought about it. two beeps meant no medicine yet, one beep meant I'd soon be tasting it. after a couple of hours of this, I was nodding out trying to do sudoku and ended up with a blanket that looked like a dalmation because I'd sit the pin on the blanket while I was nodding out and it'd bleed out. for the fentanyl it was 0.1mg I'm guessing every 10 mins aswell, I don't remember that one as much. for some reason, fentanyl does that to me, it kind of has amnesic properties to it.

+ Reply to Thread