Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IV morphine vs Oral

Junky Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough

Default IV morphine vs Oral

Ok so morphine was the first opiate ive had, well that i abused so ive been taking it for about 2 years now daily with pretty much no breaks no longer than a 4 day break id say. No i have experienced every ROA Oral, IV, IM, Plugging, and snorting, well i haven't smoked it and im not stupid enough to waste it by doing so. Now my question i have been iving the drug for the past week because i have to conserve and while i love that rush it lasts for about 3 min, leaving me with a slight glow for another hour or so. Now if i take it orally like i usually do i get a very very similar rush that lasts for at least an hour that starts to taper off during the second hour and then im glowing for the next 4-5 hours at least. And i dont need to dose again for atleast 24hours. If i ived more would i get a similar experience like when i dose orally or is this as good as it gets?

Never Looked Back dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum's Avatar

Default Re: IV morphine vs Oral

Well if you are trying to be conservative with the morphine and you say that orally lasts longer, then I would just take it orally. Is it MSIR or ER? Plugging it would also be a good compromise that falls somewhere in between oral and iv...
    What kind of man talks to the DEA? No man. No man at all.----Gus

Junky Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough

Funny i have been thinking the same thing especially now. I was banging the ER version and damn those are much easier to prep, i just got my MSIR yesterday and they are so fucking big there is so much powder left over when i filter it, they are 10mg pills and i think im getting like 4mg out of each pill not to mention its impossible to filter out all that powder ever after 4 fucking tries. With the ER version the ones in canada they are little beads ive been using the 60mg ones, all i do is crush filter and look under a lite and the water is crystal clear. I think ill try to plug the MSIR its to much work to try and get them to fit into a little insulin syringe. The one upside is i know for a fact ive got like 4 more of those MsContin 60 kicking around in my room somewhere.

Never Looked Back Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear's Avatar
    South East, UK about 1 hour out from London.

I've got both 10 mg Sevradol morphine tablets (IR's) and 10 mg modified release morphine capsules (with the beads). Which I use by plugging.

The modified release capsules have a tiny, tiny amount of beads inside, but the morphine tablets are pretty chunky. I crush them up in a mortar and pestle and I have been able to filter out all of the powder by filtering through cotton pads placed in a syringe barrel. But it takes 3 rinses to get every through, so for 2x tablets, I'm left with 6 mL water.

So for the morphine tablets, there is absolutely no way that I'd be able to extract the morphine and get all the liquid into a 1 mL syringe. But for the modified release capsules, this would not be a problem.

Opiophorum Member AGV10 is fresh on the scene. AGV10 is fresh on the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellin View Post
    Ok so morphine was the first opiate ive had, well that i abused so ive been taking it for about 2 years now daily with pretty much no breaks no longer than a 4 day break id say. No i have experienced every ROA Oral, IV, IM, Plugging, and snorting, well i haven't smoked it and im not stupid enough to waste it by doing so. Now my question i have been iving the drug for the past week because i have to conserve and while i love that rush it lasts for about 3 min, leaving me with a slight glow for another hour or so. Now if i take it orally like i usually do i get a very very similar rush that lasts for at least an hour that starts to taper off during the second hour and then im glowing for the next 4-5 hours at least. And i dont need to dose again for atleast 24hours. If i ived more would i get a similar experience like when i dose orally or is this as good as it gets?
    Start IV'ing and your tolerence is going to fast climb sky high. Judging by what you have said regards rush/afterglow and that you have tolerated 4 days break, my guess is that you are close to the turn around point - which is now going to rush up on you (excuse pun) with your IV'ing.

MO is a pure agonist - there is no upper level: the more you take it the more you need to take to achieve the same effect. MO also has a pretty piss poor effect taken oraly - your body actualy absorbs only around 1/3rd the total amount taken orally. Contrast this with orally taken Oxy - which has around 3/4 avaliability when taken orally.

My advice to anyone who has just started IV'ing - back off now while you can: in a years time you are going to find it a lot more harder to back off, and a year after that it will be even harder.

Stay with the oral stuff - yes, even if that means moving on to oral Oxy: and there are a 1001 plausible and very genuine excuses one can give the doc to change from MO to OXY - most folk sleep better on Oxy, they eat better, they have a clearer head, don;t suffer as much constipation blah blah, blah blah ....

Oxy does have one down side: its effect profile is steeper and a lot of folk complain about greater psychological stress associated with Oxy withdrawal in the early part of cold turkey, than the "stress" associated with coming down from MO - though at the end of the day the physical side of it tends to be much the same after 24hrs or so.#

Whatever you do, my personal advice - stay away from the needle if you can: from the needle and MO it's such a short hop to Heroin - and things only go downhill fast from there.

I wish you all the best.

AGV

+ Reply to Thread