Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: corydalis

Never Looked Back Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid's Avatar

Default corydalis

has anyone experimented with corydalis? I asked about this a long time ago on the old version of the board but I don't think anyone had actually used it. now there seems to be more information and a lot more people selling it if you do a google search. the only problem is that 90% of the pages say basically the same thing. allegedly it's a member of the poppy family and 40% (or some say equal) the strength of morphine and is a sedative and analgesic. also there are claims that it acts "the same way as opiates." I also read that the chinese used it to treat opium habits.

has anyone tried this? is it any good? better than kratom?
    "The magnitude of pleasure reaches its limit in the removal of all pain. When such pleasure is present, so long as it is uninterrupted, there is no pain either of body or of mind or of both together." -Epicurus
    The Sick Life | OpioWiki |
    http://lp.org http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

jacky

Default Re: corydalis

yes corydalis is very good. it acts as a dopamine antagonist, so it may have some affinity for the opioid receptors through the "opioidopamine" connection in the brain .corydalis may have other active compounds than tetrahydropalmitine. the herb extract is bitter, and yellow, the purified tetrahydropalmitine or 89% pure THP has a slightly different effect than the whole herb and is nearly tasteless. the whole herb or 5 x extract is better in my opinion, or the two combined even better . there are a HOST of other alkaloids and isoquinolines that may be active in corydalis, so THP while a nice product may actually be a bit milder at some dosages. the chinese use it for opiate addiction among other things, many times combined with salvia millitirrozia, this salvia species has a compound called tanshinone, a diterpene that acts as a partial BENZODIAZEPINE agonist/antagonist. the combination of the two is called yellow bells........corydalis is a good thing to have laying around.combined with salvia m, and ziziphus jujubu (chinese dates, that contain nuciferine and other alkaloids) corydalis is a good withdrawl or potentiation product. PM me if you want to talk about it. it is not like kratom, but might be alright combined.

Occasionally Opiated peacefulwarrior is an unknown quantity at this point peacefulwarrior's Avatar

jacky...you're the fuckin shit. you should give a lecture or something at a university. haha We talk about opiates all the time in neuro classes here at berkeley and what better way to talk about it then bring in a former junky with the real experience. like that chappelle show episode when they bring in tyrone biggins the crackhead for DARE. HAHAHA Fuckin professors think they're soo damn smart...such academic arrogance.
    The Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman

All contents posted are completely fictional, for educational and research purposes only.

New Opiophile Endorph is an unknown quantity at this point Endorph's Avatar

i'm interested in this also, but i've read a lot of conflicting reports on it and not much info lately. i wish i could get some solid info from someone that has actually used it. if anyone knows of anything, please post at some point.

jacky

yes I have used it. It acts as a pain releiver/relaxant when I use it in doses of around 2 grams of the 5x extract, so 10 grams raw root. apperantly THP the active ingredient(tetrahydropalmitine) is a dopamine antagonist.

OpioNoMo Peripat is an unknown quantity at this point Peripat's Avatar

Re: corydalis

Quote Originally Posted by peacefulwarrior
    jacky...you're the fuckin shit. you should give a lecture or something at a university.
    I second that. Jacky, you're a veritable mine of information, that's for damn sure!

Never Looked Back SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky's Avatar

How would it be best to make an extract from the raw corydalis herb. Alchahol, ether, acidic water etc. I'm going to go dig out my merk and see if it list any of the active compounds from the corydalis. Same question for the salvia. I also agree with peripat and peacefulwarrior jacky's very knowledgable.

Never Looked Back SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky's Avatar

Jacky do you have any idea of the dosage on the salvia m, I ordered some off of Ebay, I got a 1/4 pound of root for $7.

Opiophorum Member katomic is an unknown quantity at this point

i have30 grams of thp 90% never had much from it i think ther is other good stuff in the tuber than just thp, for rec value anyway. i think i have done up to 200mg cant quite rember tho, i had i over a year now. its defiently good for sleep i have used it when i wanted to come down of meth and i gave me a head acke never done it since, might be a good naturil antipshcotic i think 80% or lower might be better as i think thaer are other alokoids that are responsible for its action i have never used it with opoids but will i think 70mg with a good cuppa and some putty sould be a good dose?
    there are loads of papver species that are still quite unexplord it is definatley an interesting subject. out of the isoqualons (excuse spelling) i have found protopine to be the best candidate for being a reasionbule opoid ther are meny scorse for this i will have a look thro my archive to find the best plant with could be a turkish poppy i will report back

jacky

I find that the 5x extract of corydalis is stronger in ways than the 90% or 80 % thp extract of corydalis, the extract of THP is almost tasteless, but the 5x extract is pretty bitter, there are alot of other isoquinoline alkaloids in corydalis other than the THP, so it is possible that the bitter part of the corydalis extract has some effect on pain or other,.....................I used extracts of salvia m, the 5x extract, and I would take anywhere from 2-5 grams of that, so, in actuallity I used anywhere from 10 to 25 grams of salvia m.
    I am going to try corydalis mixed with these picralima nitida seeds. the report says that the mixed agonist antagonist alkaloids in picralima reduce the efficacy of opioid effects to the point of not causing euphoria, but I wonder if this is really true, they are used as painkillers in africa, and it may be possible to create extracts that have different effects due to some of the antagonist alkaloids dropping out of the solution or such. Like using different extract solutions, methanol and then evaporate, just H2O, or ethanol, naptha, etc. From what I felt off of the picralima seeds I think they potentiate other opiates obviously, and have some mild effects on their own.
    I used to mix corydalis and salvia m, this is a traditional blend called golden bells, probably named for the many flowers that corydalis sports..........
    I have mixed the 80% THP with the 5x crydalis extract to create a fortified blend, and think that this is one of the best forms of corydalis that I have used.
    Corydalis has given me some very intense and strange dreams, mystical in nature at times....
    Chinese medicine has a few other herbs used for opiate detoxification, I will try and find them again, I know that corydalis and dan shen might be prescribed in this situation of opiate detox by chinese medicine practitioners.......

Occasionally Opiated miosis is an unknown quantity at this point miosis's Avatar

legal status of corydalis? how easy is it to get in the US?

jacky

completely legal, one of the active compounds can be purchased in a 80% pure form, it is called tetrahydropalmitine, it is an isoquinoline.
    The extract form of the entire plant is what I use, I might add the 80% product to that extract, but I get the fullest effects from the 5x extract as compared to the 80% tetrahydropalmitine extract (THP stands for tetrahydropalmitine)
    Corydalis has antagonist dopaminergic effects......which may affect the opioid receptors some way where dopamine and opioid receptors are bound.....
    I have felt a nice glow from the material, especially mixed with Dan Shen.
    the product can be purchased from most chinese medicinal stores, online websites.

Never Looked Back hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod's Avatar

Check out WeiniCom. This works great for WD's!!!

OpioNoMo blutuesday is a glorious beacon of light blutuesday is a glorious beacon of light blutuesday is a glorious beacon of light blutuesday is a glorious beacon of light blutuesday is a glorious beacon of light blutuesday is a glorious beacon of light blutuesday is a glorious beacon of light blutuesday is a glorious beacon of light blutuesday is a glorious beacon of light blutuesday is a glorious beacon of light blutuesday is a glorious beacon of light

I never reply to old threads, but I looked it up and found this interesting:

http://www.zihuatanejo-rentals.com/drugs.htm

Never Looked Back hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod's Avatar

Seems really cool. I'm trying to brew an herbal withdrawal remedy with around 20 herbs. No Kratom or poppy. Some Corydalis and about 18 other herbs Will let you know how it goes. Basing it on TCM.

Occasionally Opiated stymie is an unknown quantity at this point

I have some herbal capsules that combing 10:1 extract of corydalis combined with salvia miltiorrhiza 8:1 and boswellia extract. They honestly work well for pain and I keep a bottle on hand as I suspect they could come in handy in a WD situation (God forbid). :sickinbed

I am making an herbal WD cure with no opiates except some corydalis. It has about 20 chinese herbs in it. It helps reduce tolerance and I believe it may cure percipitated naloxone WD's.

+ Reply to Thread