Buprenorphine UA Detection

Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Buprenorphine UA Detection

Junky LongKissGoodNite will become famous soon enough LongKissGoodNite will become famous soon enough LongKissGoodNite will become famous soon enough LongKissGoodNite's Avatar

Default Buprenorphine UA Detection

So I have a UA coming up and I've been a bad boy. Not going into details lets just say it is my second UA for my sub program and having relapsed I don't think I will pass the test by the time I have to go in. I have an option to reschedule and an already legitimate reason why my script wont be out by now. So I am probably going to have to end up doing that. However while searching around on the net I found a suggestion by someone that got me thinking.

I know that these drug tests monitor for the metabolites of the drug in the urine. So just mixing the drug into the sample isnt going to cut it if you, for whatever reason, want to be positive. However, someone had said that they had tried getting synthetic urine and mixing in 1/8 of a pill and tested positive just fine. From wikipedia I know that buprenorphine is not a metabolite of itself, rather the metabolites are:

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Buprenorphine is metabolised by the liver, via the CYP3A4 isozyme of the cytochrome P450 enzyme system, into norbuprenorphine (by N-dealkylation), glucuronidation and other metabolites
    So that said, mixing it probably isnt going to work. But on the off chance this bit of 'lore' I picked up has any truth to it, I'd thought I'd ask anyway. Has anyone had any experience doing this or pulling this off? Given my story is there any way to actually go as scheduled by maybe getting pre-contaminated urine? I'm not watched so using a substitute or adulterant is not an issue.

Thanks!

Opiophorum Member Thai_Stick has a spectacular aura about Thai_Stick has a spectacular aura about Thai_Stick has a spectacular aura about Thai_Stick has a spectacular aura about Thai_Stick has a spectacular aura about Thai_Stick has a spectacular aura about Thai_Stick's Avatar
    Just west of the norther middle east. In the south side

Default Re: Buprenorphine UA Detection

I remember a thread where the same question was posed and the general consensus was that, with respect to bup, that you couldn't simply put the pill into the urine to pass. Theoretically you could dilute your own urine with synthetic urine to get the DOC below threshhold and keep the bup metabolites above... but that's just getting foolish.

Unless you find that what I said first is wrong, I would suggest you reschedule. The major question here is what YOUR clinic's tests test for. It's very possible that it isn't standard, and the only way to be fully safe would be to not take a chance at all.
    Nothing I post on this website is true, everything posted was fabricated while under the influence of illicit drugs.

Junky LongKissGoodNite will become famous soon enough LongKissGoodNite will become famous soon enough LongKissGoodNite will become famous soon enough LongKissGoodNite's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thai_Stick View Post
    I remember a thread where the same question was posed and the general consensus was that, with respect to bup, that you couldn't simply put the pill into the urine to pass. Theoretically you could dilute your own urine with synthetic urine to get the DOC below threshhold and keep the bup metabolites above... but that's just getting foolish.

Unless you find that what I said first is wrong, I would suggest you reschedule. The major question here is what YOUR clinic's tests test for. It's very possible that it isn't standard, and the only way to be fully safe would be to not take a chance at all.
    Sorry if this has been covered already, but I wanted to ask specifically if anyone had just gone ahead and tried it. Wasn't sure if anyone had asked that - maybe I could have added this onto that one, my bad ;0)

Very good point on the standardization issue - It looks like a regular 8-12 panel with a dualchamber key type design, but it could be custom - especially if its testing for all the majors, plus oxycodone, plus bupe. I had no idea they made combos like that, but if I'm to believe the doc, this is the case.

Deep down I suspect that the test inst looking for bupe cause he doesnt want to waste an extra test on me, but then like I mentioned maybe hes got some custom deal.

Evoke Blacker Nod port rhombus has disabled reputation port rhombus's Avatar

The bupe immunoassay tests that I've seen (i.e. the rapid "dip stick" type that usually require confirmation of positive results in a lab) check for buprenorphine and norbuprenorphine, meaning either would trigger a positive result.

If you dissolved part of a sub[oxone|utex] tablet in clean pee, managed to fool any adulteration checks, and then for whatever reason had the results quantified via GC/MS or similar, you'd wind up with buprenorphine values that are off the charts.

That sort of testing is expensive. Speaking of dual chambers, have you seen this? This company does urine screen outsourcing, marketed to pain and bupe maintenance clinics: callowaylabs.com/services-splitspec.html

I removed the leading http:// from the URL above so it wouldn't get a bunch of hits from us. Are there any forum rules regarding links to external sites? I couldn't find anything...
    Last edited by port rhombus; 09-22-2009 at 08:25 PM. Reason: mod question

Quote Originally Posted by port rhombus View Post
    The bupe immunoassay tests that I've seen (i.e. the rapid "dip stick" type that usually require confirmation of positive results in a lab) check for buprenorphine and norbuprenorphine, meaning either would trigger a positive result.

If you dissolved part of a sub[oxone|utex] tablet in clean pee, managed to fool any adulteration checks, and then for whatever reason had the results quantified via GC/MS or similar, you'd wind up with buprenorphine values that are off the charts.

That sort of testing is expensive. Speaking of dual chambers, have you seen this? This company does urine screen outsourcing, marketed to pain and bupe maintenance clinics: callowaylabs.com/services-splitspec.html

I removed the leading http:// from the URL above so it wouldn't get a bunch of hits from us. Are there any forum rules regarding links to external sites? I couldn't find anything...
    Hehehe Yea man I dont even need to visit the site, yes its a calloway labs UA sample cup. Small world!

And now that I can see the back panel thanks to you (really thanks!) I can see they DO in fact test for all the drugs I mentioned. Good catch!

+ Reply to Thread