Can you snort valium?

Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can you snort valium?

Never Looked Back OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen's Avatar

Can you snort valium?

sorry if this is old news... i don't know much about vals except that i went thru a period of eating lots of them when i was working, and tried injecting the liquid a few times - but it stings like a bastrd...I'm talking about valium(diazepam). midazolam doesn't sting so much...

anyway - long story short is i had another fit a couple of days ago and the cops came around (my friend on the other side of country rang them and said he was worried i was gonna kill myself?!) so the cops came around - i opened the door - then had a grand mal seizure - and they tipped out all my methadone cos they thought that was what i was gonna try kill myself with... - 3 bloody days worth!!

so i ended up at the hosp cos my heart was doin funny things too - and after alot of messing around they said they couldn't do anything about my methadone and that i would have to work it out with my dr etc - which i can't do on the weekend (this all happened friday night) and basically that id be fucked! And i bet my chemist/dr is not very obliging on monday either.. i want the bloody cops to admit that they tipped it down the sink thinking it was my suicide plan or whatever... but they weren't that interested... and noone is gonna believe me are they?? anyway so in the end the dr said she would give me some vals to try and get me thru the weekend with no 'done - until i could see my dr on monday.

So can they be crushed and snorted?? its just 10 of the 5mg diazepam. is it worth it?? or just as good to swallow...?

Tsukiyomi-no-mikoto JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM's Avatar
    In a suburban town with nothing to do, patiently waiting for something to happen.

Default Re: CAN U SNORT VALS?

They aren't very soluble in water, so no snorting/shooting isn't a good idea.

Your best bet is sublingual (letting them dissolve under the tongue), or just swallowing them!

Best of luck!

Never Looked Back bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpiateQueen View Post
    and tried injecting the liquid a few times - but it stings like a bastrd...I'm talking about valium(diazepam).
    You're damn right about that. I've never IV'd that burned like that....not even promethazine burns like liquid valium.

And they're not worth snorting, just eat them

True Opiophile duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck's Avatar

yeah snorting them sucks, eat em.

Jr. Opiophile skeezerjohns22 is a glorious beacon of light skeezerjohns22 is a glorious beacon of light skeezerjohns22 is a glorious beacon of light skeezerjohns22 is a glorious beacon of light skeezerjohns22 is a glorious beacon of light skeezerjohns22 is a glorious beacon of light skeezerjohns22 is a glorious beacon of light skeezerjohns22 is a glorious beacon of light skeezerjohns22 is a glorious beacon of light skeezerjohns22 is a glorious beacon of light skeezerjohns22 is a glorious beacon of light skeezerjohns22's Avatar

Imo valium and xanax both have a terrible/bitter taste when they are only sitting on the back of your tongue before swallowed.

I could only imagine how shitty a drip would be from snorting. :vomit:

undercover cop harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik's Avatar

Watch out, if your done clinic frowns on benzo usage, they might drug test you after this incident 'just to be safe'..

Gives No Shits chopstix has disabled reputation chopstix's Avatar

I was about to say no because it's not very water soluble, but lipid (fat) soluble drugs can apparently cross mucous membranes pretty easily, and Diazepam is apparently very fat soluble, it's one reason why it has such a long half-life (~200hrs).

So yeah, I guess you can, I wouldn't though - no reason to wreck your nose sniffing shit that's more effective orally, I've read the bio-availability is higher orally, although if you sniff it, it's gonna wind up in your gut anyway..
    All posts made under the user account 'Chopstix' are exercises of creative fiction and in no way represent fact or truth. The user account 'Chopstix' is open to multiple authors with a common interest in lawful research and authoring fiction; and as such, no single user is responsible for the entirety of the post content of this account. No content may be reproduced in any form or fashion via any medium whatsoever unless specified with written and notarized permission of the original post author, without exception. Got that? Good! Have a bitchin' day.

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society"
    Krishnamurti

Occasionally Opiated blaze1 is an unknown quantity at this point blaze1's Avatar

Default Re: Can you snort valium?

I've snorted valiums before and it wasn't that bad at all like someone said above the taste is disgusting but it isn't that bad, but you probably did it anyways because usually when I ask someone if I can snort something I always do it regardless. For future reference though NEVER SNORT METHADONE omg I did it for the first time yesterday and had to pull over because my nose was burning so bad it feels like a million ant sized smurfs are punching the inside of your nose.

Never Looked Back bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blaze1 View Post
    I've snorted valiums before and it wasn't that bad at all like someone said above the taste is disgusting but it isn't that bad, but you probably did it anyways because usually when I ask someone if I can snort something I always do it regardless. For future reference though NEVER SNORT METHADONE omg I did it for the first time yesterday and had to pull over because my nose was burning so bad it feels like a million ant sized smurfs are punching the inside of your nose.
    OMG which ones did you snort? I snorted the rectangle 5771's one time and i've never had anything burn that bad when snorted either! It had my eyes watering for 2 hours

Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar

Sure,you can snort valium-you can also hit yourself over the head with a brick,if you really want to.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

OpioNoMo DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA's Avatar

Valium isnt going to save you from WD in this weekend. If you go that bad go to the ER again and tell the truth.

Never Looked Back underide has much to be proud of underide has much to be proud of underide has much to be proud of underide has much to be proud of underide has much to be proud of underide has much to be proud of underide has much to be proud of underide has much to be proud of underide has much to be proud of underide has much to be proud of underide has much to be proud of underide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chopstix View Post
    I was about to say no because it's not very water soluble, but lipid (fat) soluble drugs can apparently cross mucous membranes pretty easily, and Diazepam is apparently very fat soluble, it's one reason why it has such a long half-life (~200hrs).

So yeah, I guess you can, I wouldn't though - no reason to wreck your nose sniffing shit that's more effective orally, I've read the bio-availability is higher orally, although if you sniff it, it's gonna wind up in your gut anyway..
    Finally! -chopstix agrees on this (even if only somewhat) still - cheers, chops
    And I further agree with Chopstix in that I'd much rather swallow the benzo's, especially valium

But can it work? Yes it can
    Chopstix IS right - you can snort valium (and Xanax, and most likely most other benzo's ther are) to gain full but presumably 'shortened' (in duration) effects from doing so
    but you cannot inject it in tablet/powder form (you can but first you have to use a certain solvent instead of water as they are NOT water soluble

And it has been proven that a substance doesn't have to be water soluble in order for it to be snorted and gain sufficient effects from it
    The best proof of this is here - we only get heroin base (i.e -not water soluble), but if you snort our base heroin, it still works, and NOT becuse of the drip....i repeat NOT becuse of the drip like some people theorized

There are very real people here who get properly strung out by snorting dope
    I knew girl here who would ONLY snort her heroin (base) and who got very strung out and even OD'd on what appeared to be a very small amount after she came out of rehab, so the placebo/drip theory just doesn't cut it here.

oh, and refer to this thread here - http://forum.opiophile.org/showthrea...t=11584&page=3
    there is a good theory/explanation from somone on how snorting water-insoluble substanses can work: (AS WELL AS: real-life testimonials from respected members like WC and others that snorting non water-soluble benzo's does work)

Or alternatively, just read the most interesting part of it:

At physiological pH means at the pH in your body, it's varies depending on the body part and diet and things, but in the sinuses I think it's around pH 6. Ionised means the water soluble form, and non-ionised means the freebase form. This article interests me for several reasons, firstly because I never knew the pKa of heroin, and and as it's only 7.6, it surprises me how mild this is. Now mescaline and methamphetamine IIRC both have pKa's above 12, which means if you snort the freebase form of those you'll get chemical burns. So this means that snorting heroin freebase shouldn't really burn at all.

Now in order to pass the blood-brain barrier the non-polar compounds get transported, but ionised compounds don't make it across. In order to be water soluble the heroin has to be in it's ionised form. But then your body strips off the acid part and transports the freebase part into your brain. When the article states: "At physiologic pH on average 40% of heroin will be in a nonionised form and therefore accessible for membrane-transport", it means that when you snort heroin freebase, you'll be able to directly absorb 40% of it.

This is surprising to me, because it's water soluble substances that get absorbed rapidly. But it makes sense because smoked freebases are extremely rapidly absorbed by the lungs. And if they can absorb freebases, the sinus should be able to. But theres a difference, in that smoked stuff consists of microscopic sized particles spread over a very wide surface area in the lungs. But snorted stuff is very clumpy and spread over a relatively tiny surface area.

Also if 40% of the heroin is non-ionised, that doesn't necessarily mean that the other 60% is water soluble and instantly absorbed. What happens is when you snort it 40% is capable of being transported across the membranes, the other 60% will have to find a hydrogen ion in the area, become ionised which makes it water soluble and be absorbed the same way your nose absorbs water. There's not a large amount of free hydrogen ions in your nose, because if there were, then your nose would be extremely acidic, and not around a mild pH 6. So all of the free hydrogen ions would bind onto the heroin, then it would take a while for more free hydrogen ions to get transported to that area.

If you snort heroin hydrochloride, 100% of it is ionised, so it doesn't have to wait for a free hydrogen ion to bind to before it becomes water soluble and absorb along with any water. So it's complicated and you can't really say that because heroin hydrochloride is 0% non-ionised, therefore 0% gets membrane transported into the body. Because it does get absorbed, and rapidly at that, but heroin hydrochloride just needs to gets absorbed before the hydrochloride molecule gets stripped off, and the heroin freebase get transported across membranes into your brain. But heroin freebase can be absorbed directly.

But again, transport across the membranes work a bit like a ferry, it proceeds at a set rate and has a limited capacity. So if you inject heroin, it's shot into the blood and there's a huge number of sites for the hydrochloride to get stripped off. But if you snort it, it still will get absorbed, but because the local transport sites are swamped, there's a queue and it takes time for everything to get absorbed. Which is why smoking or rectal administration is far more efficient then snorting, because there's a much greater surface area and blood supply.

Anyways, I learned here that even heroin freebase is snortable
    props to WB for the above^^

oh and i myself have snorted both heroin base and xanax and can say that it definitely works
    (and if you knew anything about heroin base, you'd know that even a very large amount of it orally does NOTHING, so the 'drip' theory flies out he window here again)
    Last edited by underide; 09-14-2009 at 07:40 AM. Reason: found that link
    "All i gathered together is all i've lost..."

Opiophorum Member wizardofoz80 is fresh on the scene. wizardofoz80 is fresh on the scene. wizardofoz80's Avatar

Ive snorted vallies but they were from mexico. Me and the crew got pretty fucked up off of it. I dont think it was placebo bc i passed out and missed dinner on this cruise i was on. my buddy made it to dinner and when the waitress asked him what he wanted to eat he pointed at the menu and said this one.. she took the menu out of his hand and placed it right side up.
    I dig my toes into the sand
    The ocean looks like a thousand diamonds
    Strewn across a blue blanket
    I lean against the wind
    Pretend that I am weighless
    And in this moment I am happy, happy- incubus

Opiophorum Member b00ty_m4n is fresh on the scene. b00ty_m4n is fresh on the scene.

why would you even want to snort a valium? swallow it like it is supposed to be administered!
    b00ty_m4n

Never Looked Back OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen is a name known to all OpiateQueen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DCBA View Post
    Valium isnt going to save you from WD in this weekend. If you go that bad go to the ER again and tell the truth.
    what do you mean tell them the truth?? i did tell them the truth in the beginning!

OpioNoMo DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpiateQueen View Post
    what do you mean tell them the truth?? i did tell them the truth in the beginning!
    didnt say you didnt... just saying that if you went again to the er you should tell them again..
    Did you get thru the wd without trouble?

+ Reply to Thread