Neurontin (Gabapentin)

Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Neurontin (Gabapentin)

Opiophorum Member nhop has a spectacular aura about nhop has a spectacular aura about nhop has a spectacular aura about nhop has a spectacular aura about nhop has a spectacular aura about nhop has a spectacular aura about

Default Neurontin (Gabapentin)

I recently got scripted this stuff for my neuropathy, & have heard different things about it. I have friends that love this stuff & will buy it on the street & even trade dope for it. Ive also seen it as a salable item in county jail & heard it was popular in prison too. To any philes with chem/pharm knowledge, does this stuff work on GABA receptors like benzos? So far, I notice nothing recreational/pleasurable about this, though maybe I'm not taking enough. Im scripted 300mgs twice a day, and have so far tried tking a max of 900mgs at once, to no noticeable effect. IME there is nothing benzo-like about it. To those who know, whats the deal with this stuff?

Thanks in advance, NHOP

Departed Opiophile southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle's Avatar

Default Re: Neurontin (Gabapentin)

My husband takes this for diabetic foot pain. It works really well, but there's no recreational potential there...
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Jr. Opiophile trainwrecker is a jewel in the rough trainwrecker is a jewel in the rough trainwrecker is a jewel in the rough trainwrecker is a jewel in the rough trainwrecker is a jewel in the rough trainwrecker is a jewel in the rough trainwrecker is a jewel in the rough trainwrecker's Avatar

I agree, this stuff is trash. Not only does it not make you feel good, my experience is that is makes you feel super strange. I think there are lawsuits going on right now against the pharm company who makes it.

Occasionally Opiated Fentx12 will become famous soon enough Fentx12 will become famous soon enough Fentx12 will become famous soon enough Fentx12's Avatar

i took this for a few months. i was probably 13 years old or so when i started on it. All i kno is that that shit knocked me out. i was sleeping probably 15 hours a day (12 at night, 3 hr nap during day) and this was everyday. it was nothing like a benzo knock out tho, nothing recreational about it, just made me sleep all day.

Never Looked Back Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl's Avatar

I guess I'm in the minority on this issue. I love it! I take it for nerve pain in my lip. At low doses it makes me sleepy, at high doses I get a feeling of being intoxicated... I get silly, my limbs feel all loose, my vision gets a little blurry.

It takes hours for me to feel anything... at least two hours which is odd, and I feel it for a long time. When I was first prescribed it, I hated it. It made me dizzy and exhausted.

I've also found that it practically stops wds symptoms for me. But most people that I've talked to either hate it or get no recreational value from it.
    BDG

“We gain the strength of the temptation we resist.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Departed Opiophile southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trainwrecker View Post
    I agree, this stuff is trash. Not only does it not make you feel good, my experience is that is makes you feel super strange. I think there are lawsuits going on right now against the pharm company who makes it.
    Really?? What kind of lawsuits? He's been on it for a couple years....
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Never Looked Back Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid's Avatar

to me it seems to help with neuropathic pain and very mildly a sedative. I haven't tried a massive dose in a long time, but I don't recall it ever producing the psychoactive (clear drunkeness) that lyrica does. lyrica (pregabalin) is an analog of neurontin and is easily twice as potent and is abusable. lyrica is schedule V, while neurontin is not a controlled substance. in my opinion lyrica is way more effective at killing neuropathic pain than neurontin. but neurontin is definitely worth trying if you suffer from neuropathic pain. not sure of its anticonvulsant/antiseizure effects but apparently it works well for some people for that. lately the pharmaceutical companies have been trying to pass neurontin off as a treatment for cocaine, methamphetamine, and cannabis "dependence"/"withdrawal." it has its uses but I can't see how people seriously desire to buy it for recreational effects, especially with lyrica being available now. I can take a decent amount of neurontin and not notice any side effects, except maybe slight drowsiness; but if I take 3-4 lyrica I can definitely start to feel it. when I take too many lyrica it can be VERY overwhelming and unpleasant and dizzy and cause vomiting, something I've never felt from neurontin. the weird thing is that so much information suggests that neurontin should be very similar in effects at equipotent doses.
    am I doing something wrong, I mean what is the minimum dose for psychoactive effects?
    "The magnitude of pleasure reaches its limit in the removal of all pain. When such pleasure is present, so long as it is uninterrupted, there is no pain either of body or of mind or of both together." -Epicurus
    The Sick Life | OpioWiki |
    http://lp.org http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

Jr. Opiophile trainwrecker is a jewel in the rough trainwrecker is a jewel in the rough trainwrecker is a jewel in the rough trainwrecker is a jewel in the rough trainwrecker is a jewel in the rough trainwrecker is a jewel in the rough trainwrecker is a jewel in the rough trainwrecker's Avatar

I think most of the lawsuits concerned the company pushing doctors to use it for 'off label' uses, I think that is the term; using it for something other than what it is actually for. Just google nurontin gabapentin lawsuits and you'll come up with a bunch of hits.

Here is just one site http://bipolar.about.com/cs/neuronti...ontin_suit.htm

I'm really surprised some people like these things. We used to call them 'rottens'... nasty stuff.

Never Looked Back dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum's Avatar

Gabapentin helped me tremendously during benzo w/d and as a mood stabilizer/lifter. If you take it daily you won't feel the effects nearly as much...

GABA GABA GABA...the only fraternity I would ever be in...
    What kind of man talks to the DEA? No man. No man at all.----Gus

Never Looked Back insaneike will become famous soon enough insaneike will become famous soon enough insaneike will become famous soon enough insaneike will become famous soon enough insaneike's Avatar

I've had so many docs try and put me o the shit before(with opioids) and the stuff is completely worthless to me. and there is deff no recreational effects in the stuff for me, at any dose. I took like 1800mg throughout the day along with lortab one day when I was out of my meds(fent,oxy) to try and help with WDs and I didn't get the slightest releif. At most it gave me a very strange feeling, like made WDs way weirder and just put more stress on me if anything.
    I've also been scripted Lyrica countless times, and I find it completely worthless recreationally aswell. It didn't potentiate my opioids(oxy and methadone at the time) like the Dr. prescribed it for, it didn't give any extra pain releif either, and deff didn't help with WDs.
    If I had to choose one I'd say Lyrica is 'easier going' though, and didn't seem as 'bad' for you. As in not as many side effects, like the 'weird' feeling I got with really high doses of gabapentin.

I personally don't see how anyone could get any recreational effects from either one of these meds, but again everyone reacts differently to diff chems

later

Later

Junky DreamSellerInc will become famous soon enough DreamSellerInc will become famous soon enough DreamSellerInc will become famous soon enough DreamSellerInc will become famous soon enough

I've talked to a lot of people regarding this. And I've only talked to one who can take the stuff and get a pretty good buzz, Lyrica specifically. So somepeople can get high off the stuff, there's one person on this thread reporting that. But since I don't understand how this medicine works (because i wouldnt take it) it seems like it could be dangerous. Look at the lawsuits.
    Join the I <3 OC social group! It's the most populous group on opiophile,
    with nearly 4 dozen members and counting.

Opiophile Weanie More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen's Avatar
    Don't Stare at Flashing Brain (may cause seizures)

From personal experience, 400mg (half of an 800mg caplet) or a whole 800mg caplet can cause a slight floating feeling, even a fair level intoxication (walking/feeling like I've drunk 4-7 beers).

It isn't supposed to work like benzo-D tranqs, but on another system. The effects really remind me of alcohol intoxication. For pain relief (of certain types of pain) it works quite well. When I drink beer/hard liquor, i can get to a point where my skin feels numb, maybe even tingly, this is really close to the effects I've noticed with gabapentin.

If you're having trouble sleeping, it will make you sleepy. If you have trouble STAYING asleep, it will help with that as well.

I think it is useful for the treatment of certain types of drug withdrawal (methamphetamine, alcohol, benzo-D tranqs). I haven't heard much of using it for opi wd, but I would think it could help with sleeping and aches/pains. It might even calm the "jimmy-legs" a bit.

Some people definately get a high from it, especially in higher doses. If you take it infrequently, you shouldn't need to up the dose. If you take it daily, you will develope a tolerance to it like with most other meds.

According to Wiki, the US is thinking of scheduling gabapentin as C-V (at least with the higher-dose versions).

M F

legal disclaimers:
    - More Feen is a fictitious character and an Opiophile Weanie
    - All posts are a work of fiction; the result of a diseased mind, and are intended for entertainment purposes only
    - More Feen does not condone any illegal activities; know the laws of your community, and abide by them

Opiophile Larry is just really nice Larry is just really nice Larry is just really nice Larry is just really nice Larry is just really nice Larry is just really nice Larry is just really nice Larry is just really nice Larry is just really nice Larry is just really nice Larry is just really nice Larry's Avatar

The few times Ive done Lyrica at high doses I found it really pleasant (I would take 7 x 300mg capsules), Which is a pretty high dose. I remember reading a study regarding overdosing on lyrica and in the clinical study I believe the one guy was doing 9000mgs and he didnt overdose. If taken with opiates I did notice an increase, Like everyone said the buzz is kinda like a drunk floating feeling. I also noticed music sounded GREAT while on it. Tolerance is pretty crazy with this stuff though I would do it once every 3-4 months and the few times I used it more then once a week the effects were EXTREMELY DIMINISHED. I would say you either love lyrica or you completely hate it and by the way this thread is going it seems no one really like it.

Never Looked Back Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid's Avatar

I like lyrica as long as I don't take too much. it gives me a clearheaded drunkeness and it definitely potentiates opiates/opioids. when I take too much lyrica I get really dizzy, nauseous, sick, and throw up a lot. but at the right dose its good. I think its best uses are for neuropathic pain and to potentiate opioids and sedatives/depressants.
    neurontin and lyrica have GABAergic effects, they are GABA-T inhibitors and activate glutamic acid decarboxylase, increasing the amount of GABA. for these reasons neurontin and lyrica potentiate benzodiazepines, barbiturates, and alcohol. neurontin and lyrica also acts on voltage-gated N-type calcium ion channels.
    "The magnitude of pleasure reaches its limit in the removal of all pain. When such pleasure is present, so long as it is uninterrupted, there is no pain either of body or of mind or of both together." -Epicurus
    The Sick Life | OpioWiki |
    http://lp.org http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

Never Looked Back dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum has much to be proud of dharma bum's Avatar

I must have burned out those channels because I hardly feel it anymore. This thread had me looking into Neurontin w/d...it's repeated numerous times how neurontin w/d is as bad or similar to benzo w/d..it was quoted in wiki without sources...I fucking hope not. That's the last thing I need. To w/d from two drugs I don't feel anymore (subs and gabapentin).

True Opiophile upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dharma bum View Post
    I must have burned out those channels because I hardly feel it anymore. This thread had me looking into Neurontin w/d...it's repeated numerous times how neurontin w/d is as bad or similar to benzo w/d..it was quoted in wiki without sources...I fucking hope not. That's the last thing I need. To w/d from two drugs I don't feel anymore (subs and gabapentin).
    The withdrawal from Neurontin really really sucks. A slow taper can help, but it also kinda drags it out. Seizures are a risk if attempting cold turkey.

When I first started on Neurontin, my doctor kept telling me how great it was because there were no dependence issues. What a crock of shit.
    it's up or out and the ladder's on fire

Opiophorum Member Dirt McGirt will become famous soon enough Dirt McGirt will become famous soon enough Dirt McGirt will become famous soon enough Dirt McGirt will become famous soon enough Dirt McGirt will become famous soon enough Dirt McGirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by upstate_007 View Post
    The withdrawal from Neurontin really really sucks. A slow taper can help, but it also kinda drags it out. Seizures are a risk if attempting cold turkey.

When I first started on Neurontin, my doctor kept telling me how great it was because there were no dependence issues. What a crock of shit.
    +1

I once told a detox dr. about my neurontin withdrawal experiences and they thought it was bullshit. He was convinced I was talking about opiate withdrawal.

I've been on and off neurontin (scripted and bought off the street) for about 5 years. The withdrawal for me is similar to opiate withdrawl, sleeplessness/anxiety, but with less severity. And without the RLS and muscular shit. That said, its no picnic. As with anything, taper down before you jump.

Junky PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN's Avatar

Re: Neurontin (Gabapentin)

Got this shit for aniexty fucking SUCKS! at low doses unless I have no remedies for my aniexty i will pop about 5 of the red ones 300mg i think w//e the reds are but 5 do me right feels almost like a hit of a physchadelic drug almost like a slight mushrooms or a light light lsd dose some ppl take like 12 of them and they say its betterr than an LSD trip these fucks also tried to give it to me for pain im like no thanks went with codeine #4 which was OKAY thank god im off those oxycodone and hydromorphone is way better and way better MY pain
    Disclaimer:Anything that is typed or said by user"PiLL CLiNToN" is straight one hundred percent pure works of fiction. Therefore, everything ever written by PiLL CLiNToN is aimed to please housewifes dressed in EMT costumes. You might as well believe pigs are flying and hugs are deadly as drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt McGirt View Post
    +1

I once told a detox dr. about my neurontin withdrawal experiences and they thought it was bullshit. He was convinced I was talking about opiate withdrawal.

I've been on and off neurontin (scripted and bought off the street) for about 5 years. The withdrawal for me is similar to opiate withdrawl, sleeplessness/anxiety, but with less severity. And without the RLS and muscular shit. That said, its no picnic. As with anything, taper down before you jump.
    Quote Originally Posted by upstate_007 View Post

This makes a lot of sense to me now. I moved to another state once and never went back to the doc that always gave me the neurontin. I thought "no problem" but the entire time I was there I was extremely anxious all the time. Barely slept. I thought the anxiety came from the new town I was in and some other shit I was going through at the time. But I never attributed those feelings to the gabapentin. I came back 2 months later and immediatley started back.

This fucking sucks. I feel like a fool.

Opiophile God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light

the dumb unpleasant drugged stupor of heavy anti-psychotics, unable to function, even at low doses. WOOOO. i've had so many old hood rat bitches try to unload these on me while buying other pills from them, always "hey man, i got these new ones too, they get you fuuucked up.".

plus they made my pain worse (they were scripted for pain). everyone's got different metabolism blah blah, i don't know anyone who actually tolerates these much less enjoys them, but i never thought seroquel would ever have any kind of street value, so who knows.
    So you wanna build an altar on a summer night
    Wanna smoke the gel off a fentanyl patch
    Ain't you heard the news? Adam and Eve were jews
    I always loved you to the max

-silver jews-

I don't know...i never thought of neurontin as a psych drug at all. As a side effect it does have some mood-stabilizing properties but that is off label. But it never gave me that stupor feeling that drugs like trazadone, seroquel, tricyclic anti-depressants gave me. I honestly enjoyed neurontin at first. Now I take it out of obligation but i'm going to fix that soon. I take 1500 mg's a day. I am not gonna be hooked on another drug i can't feel.

Never Looked Back Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine's Avatar

I don't know...i never thought of neurontin as a psych drug at all. As a side effect it does have some mood-stabilizing properties but that is off label. But it never gave me that stupor feeling that drugs like trazadone, seroquel, tricyclic anti-depressants gave me. I honestly enjoyed neurontin at first. Now I take it out of obligation but i'm going to fix that soon. I take 1500 mg's a day. I am not gonna be hooked on another drug i can't feel.
    You're not crazy D-Bum, I used to feel Gabapentin too. Then I upped the dose and my tolerance never really recovered. But, at first I enjoyed them. In large doses they felt like alcohol, kind of. And I've also gone through withdrawals without knowing it too. That first time with benzos. I didn't even realize it until the second or third time I kicked them what was going on.

Opiophorum Member Dirt McGirt will become famous soon enough Dirt McGirt will become famous soon enough Dirt McGirt will become famous soon enough Dirt McGirt will become famous soon enough Dirt McGirt will become famous soon enough Dirt McGirt's Avatar

This makes a lot of sense to me now. I moved to another state once and never went back to the doc that always gave me the neurontin. I thought "no problem" but the entire time I was there I was extremely anxious all the time. Barely slept. I thought the anxiety came from the new town I was in and some other shit I was going through at the time. But I never attributed those feelings to the gabapentin. I came back 2 months later and immediatley started back.

This fucking sucks. I feel like a fool.
    I had the same experience. Stopped taking it one day, barely slept for about a week before I realized it was probably from the neurontin.

Considering how frequently they prescribe it off-label, there's probably thousands of sleep deprived, anxiety ridden zombies walking around, wondering what the f just happened to them.

+ Reply to Thread