Advertise on Opiophile

View Poll Results: If you miss, what do you do?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • I fix another and shoot again

33 48.53%
  • I wait for it to kick in and enjoy it like that.

20 29.41%
  • I do..... (other. please explain)

15 22.06%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: If you shot and miss, do you.....

Jr. Opiophile Raisin is a glorious beacon of light Raisin is a glorious beacon of light Raisin is a glorious beacon of light Raisin is a glorious beacon of light Raisin is a glorious beacon of light Raisin is a glorious beacon of light Raisin is a glorious beacon of light Raisin is a glorious beacon of light Raisin is a glorious beacon of light Raisin is a glorious beacon of light Raisin is a glorious beacon of light Raisin's Avatar

Default Re: If you shot and miss, do you.....

Somewhere I crossed a line in my addiction that I don't know if I'll ever be able to get back on the other side of. Whenever I pick up now I'm eventually going to end up at that point that Chopstix nailed with the remark about diminished returns. I've always had nice veins and usually try to rotate where I'm hitting but eventually the shots get closer and closer together and I get more and more careless as the returns diminish until I'm at a point where I start having to poke around and next thing you know I'm pissed off and trying not to waste a shot. This is usually where I get frustrated and say fuck it and end up tearing myself up. I'm always telling myself that every shot is my last and when it gets to the point that I can no longer bullshit myself about it I can feel pretty hopeless. Just gotta keep getting up and getting back on the horse...or not.
    "You’ll never be able to truly gauge any of the biases you might be operating under since it’s not possible to accurately observe a system you’re part of"

Departed Opiophile Citrus is a jewel in the rough Citrus is a jewel in the rough Citrus is a jewel in the rough Citrus is a jewel in the rough Citrus is a jewel in the rough Citrus is a jewel in the rough Citrus is a jewel in the rough Citrus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djbrutis View Post
    i'm not a shooter, but how can one miss if one pulls back on the plunger to register blood?? i just figured that was a required step before a shot? that's what I would do! but obviously it happens, so there must be a reason behind this!

anyone care to answer?

I wanted to point out.. For me anyways, most of the time I miss a shot, its when Im nearing the end of the road. And what I mean by that is, I am pretty much on the brink of W/Ding. Also, normally when I'm at this point, and trying to fix up a shot, my hands will sweat and SHAKE profusely, making it hard to cook the shot in general, as well as register into your vein.

Just thought I should point that out.

[QUICK VERSION: Sick individuals may miss a shot because they are sick & shakey, or nervous/excited to get the shot IN, therefore shaking a little bit. Its hard to be precise with cold clamy sweaty hands as you are shaking, parkinsons syle, no offense.]
    I'm currently incarated as of 8/4/11 for a maxium of 5 months but more than likely less... for now; peace out my brothers and sisters at the phile, I will be back-- sober but I will be back." ~ citrus.

Opiophorum Member Nu Jerzey Devil will become famous soon enough Nu Jerzey Devil will become famous soon enough Nu Jerzey Devil will become famous soon enough Nu Jerzey Devil will become famous soon enough Nu Jerzey Devil will become famous soon enough Nu Jerzey Devil's Avatar

It depends on how much I have left... If i have a lot left and can afford to than obviously I am going to lock and load for another shot, this also applies if I am sick, if I am sick I am going to get well and it is going to happen as quick as it can.

If I do not have a lot left and have to wait to cop again, I can generally exercise enough will power to wait. I will tell myself the rush won't be as good, or i'll only have to wait a little while more to do the next one, that sort of thing.

Whether or not I am low on dope or have just gotten a bundle, missing the shot sucks no matter how you look at it.
    "If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
    If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
    If all men count with you, but none too much..."

Occasionally Opiated sweetheat is an unknown quantity at this point sweetheat's Avatar

Re: If you shot and miss, do you.....

It depends on what shot of the day it is. If it's the morning shot, I always fix up another one that's not as big as the one I missed, but enough that I will get a decent rush. I will also re-do if it's my bedtime shot, that is my biggest one besides the morning shot so it will last me through the night so I can sleep and not wake up 4 hours later sick. I hate when I have to fix up mid sleep just so I can get some rest, it always makes me feel pretty damn low and junkie like.

Opiophorum Member Dirt McGirt will become famous soon enough Dirt McGirt will become famous soon enough Dirt McGirt will become famous soon enough Dirt McGirt will become famous soon enough Dirt McGirt will become famous soon enough Dirt McGirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetheat View Post
    I hate when I have to fix up mid sleep just so I can get some rest, it always makes me feel pretty damn low and junkie like.
    Been there and fuck yes it does!

Opiophorum Member FlapJack is just really nice FlapJack is just really nice FlapJack is just really nice FlapJack is just really nice FlapJack is just really nice FlapJack is just really nice FlapJack is just really nice FlapJack is just really nice FlapJack is just really nice FlapJack is just really nice FlapJack's Avatar

Generally no not if it's not that bad and I only missed part of the shot. But if it's a really bad miss with a mountain of wasted dope under my skin and I missed the rush completely I'll go nuts trying to fix another before too much gets absorbed and I wont be able to get a rush. I went through a bit of a period where I was missing alot and didn't have many veins to choose from but I got a proper tourniquette from the needle exchange and it works much much better I miss very rarely now and never the whole shot. before it just took me so long to find a vein when I would and miss I'd be so frustrated I'd want to lie to myself that I'm in when I'm really not. which of course just led to more frustration.

Never Looked Back Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly's Avatar

When I shoot and miss I immediately chamber another round and take another shot before the fucker can get out of range. j/k
    "Fifteen cents for the morphine, and twenty-five cents for the beer.
    Fifteen cents for the old morphine, now carry me away from here."
    "Soldier's Joy"
    (Traditional Scottish fiddle reel with lyrics added during the American Civil War)

Occasionally Opiated zer0sleep is an unknown quantity at this point zer0sleep's Avatar

If I have more dope I will immediately fix another shot. If I don't rush, I don't get anything out of it anymore (I just feel normal).

OpioNoMo ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice
    Right ther right ther (aka midcoast Maine)

Possible misses are why I like using almost a full .5 cc rig. I know some people like to use the smallest amount of water <30ml, but when you've got 60-80 in there and you miss 10ml that's a far less percentage of the total dope than if you had used a tiny bit of water.

OpioNoMo euphoricontin17 is a name known to all euphoricontin17 is a name known to all euphoricontin17 is a name known to all euphoricontin17 is a name known to all euphoricontin17 is a name known to all euphoricontin17 is a name known to all euphoricontin17 is a name known to all euphoricontin17 is a name known to all euphoricontin17 is a name known to all euphoricontin17 is a name known to all euphoricontin17 is a name known to all

I've never missed, considering I just started shooting about 3 weeks ago. But in the event that I did, If it was dope I'd probably just enjoy the skin pop. On the other hand if it was dilaudid, I'd be scrambling like no-other-mother-fucker to load that spike and get it home, before the rush would be unattainable. The reason for that is 1. because the dilaudid rush is what I live for ( literally, it's my reason for waking up everyday although i don't shoot everyday, the memories keep me going during the mean time ) and 2. because I don't really get anything BESIDES the rush with dilaudid unless I shoot rediculous amounts at least over 40mgs and I just can't afford regular 40mg+ shots of D.

On a side note though, not to steal the thread, I find it interesting that I can attain a rush w/ no legs for only about 16mg's but I can actually get a high ( yes a real high which dilaudid is infamous for NOT having ) if I shoot anything over 40mgs. It's strange because after that threshhold, I'll get a full 6 hour high whereas under it, after the rush, I feel normal no sedation or anything.

EDIT: just for the record I want to let everyone know ( not being sarcastic or trying to be a troll at all, I promise ) It is indeed possible for one's life to improve by starting to shoot up. I know people say " no one has ever said " the day i picked up the needle, my life got a whole lot better " well, I am saying that. Maybe not from a subjective stand point, but since I started shooting, I have NEVER in my life been more happy just to be alive, on a planet where anything is possible, where it is possible to sing with angels and escape the pain of everyday even if it's just for one small moment. i have never experienced that before and the needle showed me that. I know many will say that I just have not had my fair-share of pain from addiction yet, and yes I am sure I will have much more. But in my opinion shooting up opened my mind to a whole new set of POSSIBILITIES and I am thankful for that. I just don't shoot very frequently so as to keep it this way. I don't want it to lose that magic and I restrain myself to make sure it does not. Sorry to get off topic but I just wanted to get that off my chest.

OpioNoMo LovemRx is an unknown quantity at this point

When I first started using I'd just fix another then shoot again, but shit man, how do you miss an ENTIRE shot? You gotta be plunging that needle down FAST to do that...try doing a lil bit to see if your in then pull back make sure your still in then drive it home. Probably not gonna do anything telling you what to do I'm sure you know by now but I'm just saying for the sake of saving you some money (I've noticed you got quite a fucking habit ). Take it easy, krinkov.

Opiophorum Member Nu Jerzey Devil will become famous soon enough Nu Jerzey Devil will become famous soon enough Nu Jerzey Devil will become famous soon enough Nu Jerzey Devil will become famous soon enough Nu Jerzey Devil will become famous soon enough Nu Jerzey Devil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by euphoricontin17 View Post
    I've never missed, considering I just started shooting about 3 weeks ago. But in the event that I did, If it was dope I'd probably just enjoy the skin pop. On the other hand if it was dilaudid, I'd be scrambling like no-other-mother-fucker to load that spike and get it home, before the rush would be unattainable. The reason for that is 1. because the dilaudid rush is what I live for ( literally, it's my reason for waking up everyday although i don't shoot everyday, the memories keep me going during the mean time ) and 2. because I don't really get anything BESIDES the rush with dilaudid unless I shoot rediculous amounts at least over 40mgs and I just can't afford regular 40mg+ shots of D.

On a side note though, not to steal the thread, I find it interesting that I can attain a rush w/ no legs for only about 16mg's but I can actually get a high ( yes a real high which dilaudid is infamous for NOT having ) if I shoot anything over 40mgs. It's strange because after that threshhold, I'll get a full 6 hour high whereas under it, after the rush, I feel normal no sedation or anything.

EDIT: just for the record I want to let everyone know ( not being sarcastic or trying to be a troll at all, I promise ) It is indeed possible for one's life to improve by starting to shoot up. I know people say " no one has ever said " the day i picked up the needle, my life got a whole lot better " well, I am saying that. Maybe not from a subjective stand point, but since I started shooting, I have NEVER in my life been more happy just to be alive, on a planet where anything is possible, where it is possible to sing with angels and escape the pain of everyday even if it's just for one small moment. i have never experienced that before and the needle showed me that. I know many will say that I just have not had my fair-share of pain from addiction yet, and yes I am sure I will have much more. But in my opinion shooting up opened my mind to a whole new set of POSSIBILITIES and I am thankful for that. I just don't shoot very frequently so as to keep it this way. I don't want it to lose that magic and I restrain myself to make sure it does not. Sorry to get off topic but I just wanted to get that off my chest.

No offense, but you're an idiot for starting on the needle (as was I when I started), and NOT listening to people on this board. Now I don't even know why I am bothering to tell you this because it is OBVIOUS that you aren't going to listen, but as you said you are only shooting up once in a while so you keep these magical mystical possibilities or whatever, but I will bet you that in a month or so you will be shooting up all of the time and it will be the only ROA that you use. You may FEEL like you have never been more happy to be alive, but when you are in serious withdrawal from a hard IV diluadid or dope haibt, you are going to wish you were dead. I am sorry to come off as a dick, and I do realize it is absolutely pointless to try to get you to stop or warn you, but there is a reason that almost every person that IVs opiates tells you this! It is not some glorious magical club that you opened a door too or that we try to keep secret, NO it will only lead to bad things.

Why did you start doing this!?!? Wow the drugs have you by the balls if you are saying things like you're life is sooo much better because you started using opioids intravenously. Just give it time buddy jut give it time.
    Oh and BTW heres a little advice, even though that's great that you can feel some legs off of 40mgs of Dilaudid, I would not recommend continuing this because it will jack your tolerance up sooo high that you will not be able to enjoy the opioids you once were able too unless you spend a shitload of money to buy large amounts to get high. I speak from experience.

Well like I said, I am sorry to sound like a dick, but it just bothers me when people start using the needle and especially when they don't see how it could be harmful. It's pretty fucking naive (n00b) to think that this is going to better your life, because unless you have an unlimited supply of free opioids or are filthy rich... it's probably going to do the opposite at some point. But hey, what do we know right???? We aren't you and we aren't invincible or immune to negative aspects of drug addiction like some people. Right?
    "If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
    If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
    If all men count with you, but none too much..."

Opiophorum Member farmpkm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by euphoricontin17 View Post
    since I started shooting, I have NEVER in my life been more happy just to be alive, on a planet where anything is possible, where it is possible to sing with angels and escape the pain of everyday even if it's just for one small moment..
    I don't doubt that you genuinely feel that way... we all did. And if you stop now, that sentiment would probably hold true.

But... if you continue using I assure you that your miserable life before dope was better than your miserable life on dope. I'm in the process of finding this out. Pretty soon those angels start singing the "Macarena" and you'd do anything just to get them to stop.

Opiophorum Member Oakleyskier is a jewel in the rough Oakleyskier is a jewel in the rough Oakleyskier is a jewel in the rough Oakleyskier is a jewel in the rough Oakleyskier is a jewel in the rough Oakleyskier is a jewel in the rough Oakleyskier is a jewel in the rough

just did this, and i'm doing my wake up now because im a greedy fuck. oh well more reason to take my suboxone in the morning.

oh yeah, i trusted a friend and got beat for it today, first time in mad long i've been beat since i usually see my hooks or go to my own corners oh well thats what you get for trusting a fellow junky, even if its your boy. not fucking cool, i got beat but it was free anyway (pinched bags) but my friend got 10 of these bitches for 100 bucks through my buddy (not sure were gonna be budies after this)

but what can i say, in the junky life, we all have our ups and downs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Elai, Elai, lama sabachthani'

before i die, i will have seen it all

the mountains i have climbed

help me enjoy the fall.

oh the webs i weave, i am caught in this game this life i've led has drown me in shame

Opiophile 30_Units is just really nice 30_Units is just really nice 30_Units is just really nice 30_Units is just really nice 30_Units is just really nice 30_Units is just really nice 30_Units is just really nice 30_Units is just really nice 30_Units is just really nice 30_Units is just really nice 30_Units is just really nice 30_Units's Avatar

man, back in the day, I'd do so much stupid shit-really wrecked my left arm for it...muscling crack and white vinegar cuz my veins were so constricted I was just doing the through+through, getting frustrated and just saying fuckit and pushing dialudid tablets under my skin (backloaded), fuckin having horrible technique just all around.

Anymore, I don't miss. Tar lets you know if it's leaking, and I find that the patience in finding the flag, staying with it, and finding it again when it fucks up, is much much more worth the time and desperation than just saying fuckit, and ruining my arms and dope. My right arm is happy for it. And I've got the median cubital and cephalic and basilic veins whereas the median and basilic in my left arm are totally gone.

Opiophorum Member RifRaf will become famous soon enough RifRaf will become famous soon enough RifRaf will become famous soon enough RifRaf will become famous soon enough RifRaf's Avatar

If I miss my shot I keep going until I hit again. If, for some reason, I registered and then slipped out of the vein or punctured through it and I continue to miss until I can barely see the shot anymore and my entire rig is filled with blood I either put a tiny air bubble in the rig or what I have been doing lately when I have the time to wait is to put the cap back on, tip my rig so that after an hour or two the blood pools up at the bottom and then try and shoot out any of the clots and save as much of the drug as I can and then dig in again. When I first started banging I would miss 5 or 6 times in a row before I could get anything and I never understood why some people just give up, what do you do after that? Put the liquid into a baby feeder and stick her up your ass, I guess?
    93 "Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law" 93

Never Looked Back Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy's Avatar

If it is dope only, I just go with it and wait for it to kick in. I like shooting coke, so the rush from dope is not all that impressive to me.

If I am shooting coke, I prep another one right away. I VERY RARELY miss. I can tell with dope almost right away cuz usually it stings and I always watch- if you see a bump, just stop.

Coke is a little easier to miss with cuz it doesn't sting...

The last shot I missed was a speedball. What a waste of good coke. I knew the dope would kick in the same, btu I needed that coke rush... So I immediately prepped a shot of just pure coke. While doing so, I could feel the coke from the other shot start to kick in. It was much like doing a line....

Occasionally Opiated Schwip is an unknown quantity at this point

.......usually involves a lot of cursing.

Then, if I have enough, I fix another one up. After putting a warm compress on the missed shot for a bit to help it 'soak' in.

The worst is when you miss your ONLY shot and you really really wanted instant relief.........

Opiophorum Member RifRaf will become famous soon enough RifRaf will become famous soon enough RifRaf will become famous soon enough RifRaf will become famous soon enough RifRaf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schwip View Post
    .......usually involves a lot of cursing.

Then, if I have enough, I fix another one up. After putting a warm compress on the missed shot for a bit to help it 'soak' in.

The worst is when you miss your ONLY shot and you really really wanted instant relief.........
    Missing your only shot is a bitch, one of the worst feelings especially if you're sick and you cooked up a lot of $$$ worth. If I miss I can either feel it so I stop (just missed with Suboxone about 5 minutes before posting this and that shit itches worse than OC) or if I am not sure I take it out and go again until I hit, I usually never just push off if I feel like I am not in or don't register/vacuum pull.
    93 "Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law" 93

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2