Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Percocet and Lortab being banned? Finally a possibility?

Never Looked Back insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike's Avatar

Default Percocet and Lortab being banned? Finally a possibility?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=106134002

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...063004228.html

or just type in "banning acetaminophen containing drugs" into google.

Last night I heard on TV something about trying to ban Percocet and Lortab, or acetaminophen containing prescription drugs in general. Or at least lowering the dose of acetaminophen. I'm hoping maybe they finally see what so much acetaminophen can do to a liver! Hell I have personally been prescribed 11 Norco(hydrocodo/apap) 10/325mg a day, 330 tabs a month, for well over a year! Which is a fair bit of acetaminophen! I of course didn't take that many(as if hydroco would help me in the least to start with) but the docs sure intended on me taking said amount.. I also know MANY ppl who receive scripts from their pain dr.s like this, At the moment I know at least 3ppl who receive 10 hydrocodo/apap 10/325mg tabs a day, and that is too much acetaminophen in one day, EVERY DAY to me. It would be fine for most ppl now n then, but every single day can't be good over a couple years!

I'm just praying they finally remove percs n lortab from pharmacies. Plus half the time those fucking drugs give pain docs a reason to say "well we gave you a scheduled narcotic for your pain, what more do you want". Maybe if they were banned them docs couldn't throw percs at us thinking "well we give you a narcotic for your pain, we can't do nothing else".and maybe just maybe start giving ppl who really need releif something besides a couple fucking percocet everyday! I can only hope the pharms of America could some day be ridded of acetaminophen filled 'narcotic' meds. Plus oxycodone WITHOUT acetaminophen gives me more releif than with acetaminop-hen, I've tried taking OTC tylenol on many occasions with my Roxis and didn't notice the slightest increase in analgesic effects!
    If a Dr. truely thinks that the patient would get signifigant pain releif from taking acetaminophen along with their CII opioid meds, then send them to the store and get a damn bottle of Tylenol!

Well I'm sure hoping they ban all these damn acetaminophen containing script 'narcotics' like percs and lortab. But if they're worried about the dangers, what about Darvocet/Propoxyphene??? That shit is just plain out bad if you ask me. It's literally no more effective at relieving pain than Aleve, it is quiet toxic at the doses it would take for propoxyphene to be effective, and the amount of acetaminophen is just crazy seeing as you would need multiple tabs for any real relief! This whole ban is probably more so about 'get percs off the streets and away from our kids' than they are worried about our health from too much acetaminophen over the years..

later

Later

Opiophile mikey5string is a name known to all mikey5string is a name known to all mikey5string is a name known to all mikey5string is a name known to all mikey5string is a name known to all mikey5string is a name known to all mikey5string is a name known to all mikey5string is a name known to all mikey5string is a name known to all mikey5string is a name known to all mikey5string is a name known to all mikey5string's Avatar

Default Re: Percocet and Lortab being banned? Finally a possibility?

im looking forward to blowing hydrocodone.
    I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too.
    -Mitch Hedberg

Never Looked Back Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by insaneike View Post
    If a Dr. truely thinks that the patient would get signifigant pain releif from taking acetaminophen along with their CII opioid meds, then send them to the store and get a damn bottle of Tylenol!

My first ever pain doc - when I told him I was already taking several grams of tylenol a day (I wasn't) - he agreed to switch to to a med w/o it.. he said he'd have to up it because I'd be losing the 'synergistic' effects of the combo.... that's how I went from perc 7.5s to roxi 15's...
    Wanna play Halo 3, COD: MW2(B BP's too) or Read Dead Redemption via Xbox 360 Live - VM me your account info...

"if youre seeing a sub doctor, are explanations really necessary? " - fauxflavored
    "We just clean up the mess these people make when they shit the bed..." - Brony reguarding banning solicitors
    "I was not at all leery about trying coke. However, I knew something was up when I couldn't smell Thanksgiving dinner one year. " - Dhedmo
    "We still do that? Yeah, the sad thing is [that] we don't even use real people anymore, just socks with buttons sewn on" - In Plain Sight: Season Finale (S02E15)
    "Let's see. Hose clamp = legal. Scripted Oxy = legal. Oxy on hose clamp = jail." - sofitel
    "DO NOT CHEW OR CRUSH & TRY TO INJECT EMBEDA UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT INSTANT ONSET UNTREATABLE WITHDRAWALS.
    You have been forwarned......"-PoppyLvr
    "And when I see the red bloom -- fuck, I'm practically foaming at the mouth. Pavlov would be proud."-dugwylor
    "I don't care how hot the woman is, an asshole has one purpose- and it's not a pretty purpose, LOL! urghh..." - goodgirlgonebad
    "my man fuzzy slippers told me da word on da street is that plugging oxy in your urethra will get you super duper fucked up man. i'm gonna try it as soon as i get the chance...can't wait to penis plug!!! -FiendMan

LIFETIME MEMBER Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet's Avatar

I don't know, Ike: my experience is, that they always drift towards *more* control, and *less* actual opiates...this seems like it could work hand in hand with the attempt by the dea/gov to just let us live in fucking pain, and junkies? Nobody w/any power gives a shit about us...

I came of age before tylenol was the big new wonderdrug, and most of the pills we got--other than k4's which were trickier to obtain--were either percodans (oxycodone w/aspirin) empirin 3/s (codeine + aspirin) or some sort of darvon/darvocet which they had everywhere from here to Argentina, and had propoxyphene, caffeine, and aspirin...

docshopping lowlifes--like me--usually were disappointed if we didn't get percodans, tho sometimes we'd get demerol...which sucked, IMHO...dilaudids you had to kind of know doc, etc..

Then, docs got all excited and started pushing *tylox* (same as percocets) since elizabeth taylor made a big production about being strung out on percodans, and celebrity dope fiends always fuck it up for us plebes...and then, of course, they started w/the hydros w/tylenol...then oxycontin got invented and pushed, which got all the little "nice kids" good and strung out too...

So "getting rid of tylenol" probably won't improve matters...many of us already have tried to get "less buffer" and to most docs, that is a junky tip off....
    Kick is seeing things from a special angle. Kick is momentary freedom from the claims of the aging, cautious, nagging, frightened flesh....
    -- Junky: The definitive text of "Junk" by William S. Burroughs

Opiophorum Member Mulch is fresh on the scene. Mulch is fresh on the scene. Mulch is fresh on the scene. Mulch's Avatar

^^
    You said it man, very happy to see that they are finally acknowledging the dangers of APAP, but I agree with what you said. It's just going to shift the scene a little, BUT swim won't be complaining when the "filler pills" go away . And to Mikey5string, getting some compound less hydro would be awesome.

Occasionally Opiated Sweater Ruin is an unknown quantity at this point Sweater Ruin's Avatar

I read a similar article in the New York Times this morning. I quoted the first paragraph which summarizes the situation.
    A federal advisory panel voted narrowly on Tuesday to recommend a ban on Percocet and Vicodin, two of the most popular prescription painkillers in the world, because of their effects on the liver. ~~NYTIMES

According to the article, the FDA's advisory panel has recommended the ban. Percocet and Vicodin are not outright done for, and they may never be.

This is an interesting situation. When I read the headline, my initial thought was that the ban was another attempt to exterminate opiate use. I was surprised to read that it was for a legitimate health concern. It appears that acetominophen is being reevaluated as more harmful than originally thought.

I can see this possibly working in everyone's favor, junkies and patients alike.
    Straight hydrocodone and oxycodone substitutes could materialize to fill the gap if APAP filler is banned, and consequently become more easily available.

Say goodbye to liver damage and cold water extraction.
    And if someone has a legitimate need to take these medications on a daily basis, they are at less risk of damage to the liver.

LIFETIME MEMBER Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet's Avatar

Yeah: we'll see...I know most docshoppers will be scrambling to their docs, trying to get purer opiates...but then, we've been doing that forever anyway...mostly I get depressed that we now expect/assume the FDA getting involved in *anything* is a good thing...feds need to stay out of doctor's offices, but I know, that is beginning to sound like a guy who wants to go back to horses rather than cars...all I really see is more control coming, and everybody--including docs--is under a big microscope when it comes to opiate use...and what do you *think* docs are really going to do with this one: give you pure hydrodone or pure oxycodone or pure--I hit the lottery!--hydromorphone? Nah, they'll find some new talwin like shit that supposedly gets rid of pain, but doesn't give you a buzz...probably some kind of crappy bupe combo...fuck...

Maybe some *very* lucky longterm pain patients might get a play...but I can just see the look on my doc's face when I bring this up: they've heard all this before: hell, anybody who finds out they've got hepC, immediately angles for "no buffer" dope--I know I did, way back in '95, and I got knoll dilaudids...but he was new to this country, and I could tell I was his first junky, and I rode that poor kindly buddhist indian doc right into the fucking ground and burnt him out: people like me usually do...hand in hand with this is the FDA and DEA saying docs need to prescribe *less* opiates...and that's also often in the news...good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by Sweater Ruin View Post
    I read a similar article in the New York Times this morning. I quoted the first paragraph which summarizes the situation.
    A federal advisory panel voted narrowly on Tuesday to recommend a ban on Percocet and Vicodin, two of the most popular prescription painkillers in the world, because of their effects on the liver. ~~NYTIMES

According to the article, the FDA's advisory panel has recommended the ban. Percocet and Vicodin are not outright done for, and they may never be.

This is an interesting situation. When I read the headline, my initial thought was that the ban was another attempt to exterminate opiate use. I was surprised to read that it was for a legitimate health concern. It appears that acetominophen is being reevaluated as more harmful than originally thought.

I can see this possibly working in everyone's favor, junkies and patients alike.
    Straight hydrocodone and oxycodone substitutes could materialize to fill the gap if APAP filler is banned, and consequently become more easily available.

Say goodbye to liver damage and cold water extraction.
    And if someone has a legitimate need to take these medications on a daily basis, they are at less risk of damage to the liver.
    Kick is seeing things from a special angle. Kick is momentary freedom from the claims of the aging, cautious, nagging, frightened flesh....

QUEEN B MODERATOR roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust's Avatar

..... found that when it got *really* bad, I'd cop, and fuck all that detoxing, whether I'm eating carrots and brown rice, or vodka and cough drops, I've learned only one sure thing about detoxing:
    There Ain't No Free Lunch!.......Originally posted by Duckfeet

Occasionally Opiated Sweater Ruin is an unknown quantity at this point Sweater Ruin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duckfeet View Post
    mostly I get depressed that we now expect/assume the FDA getting involved in *anything* is a good thing...feds need to stay out of doctor's offices. Nah, they'll find some new talwin like shit that supposedly gets rid of pain, but doesn't give you a buzz...probably some kind of crappy bupe combo...fuck...
    This is a good point. I could also see the situation going the other way with a lame replacement drug.

Without Viocdin or Percocet, they might just short change people after minor surgeries such as the removal of wisdom teeth or tonsils. Instead of those two medications, the doctor will politely ask the patient to stop being a punk ass bitch and toss in a cliche one liner: "no pain, no gain son!"

Never Looked Back Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid's Avatar

if they actually do get rid of them instead of just adding a black box warning, they will probably start prescribing tramadol, codeine, vicoprofen (hydrocodone+ibuprofen), and percodan (oxycodone+aspirin) instead. hydrocodone and oxycodone only products are CII so I doubt most doctors will be as willing to hand them out like they did vicodin and percocet.
    "The magnitude of pleasure reaches its limit in the removal of all pain. When such pleasure is present, so long as it is uninterrupted, there is no pain either of body or of mind or of both together." -Epicurus
    The Sick Life | OpioWiki |
    http://lp.org http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

Never Looked Back youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred's Avatar

I don't see how banning ANYTHING is ever good for us. Sure APAP sucks, but it will just be replaced by something even less fun.

Yep: the only thing this country hates more than having a bunch of junkies floating around...is having a bunch of *happy* junkies floating around...it's that old puritan ethic thing, deep within every trueblue american's guts, which just think we should be punished for our sins...I've never seen prescribed drugs get "better" only worse. With one exception in my life, and that was oxycontin, which came out well after they'd started realizing how addictive oxycodone was, and were constantly finding weirder drugs, and weirder buffers....and how *that* one slid by, I can only guess that lotsa money was at stake...but other than that, banking on this governent to "make it better" for us, is just wishful thinking...

Jr. Opiophile jersey_emt is just really nice jersey_emt is just really nice jersey_emt is just really nice jersey_emt is just really nice jersey_emt is just really nice jersey_emt is just really nice jersey_emt is just really nice jersey_emt is just really nice jersey_emt is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Paregoric Kid View Post
    if they actually do get rid of them instead of just adding a black box warning, they will probably start prescribing tramadol, codeine, vicoprofen (hydrocodone+ibuprofen), and percodan (oxycodone+aspirin) instead. hydrocodone and oxycodone only products are CII so I doubt most doctors will be as willing to hand them out like they did vicodin and percocet.
    Percocet is CII. Anything with oxycodone (including combination drugs) is CII.

Hydrocodone and codeine are the only opioids that are not CII in certain preparations.

Never Looked Back Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid's Avatar

yeah you're right about oxycodone, don't know how I ended up typing that. codeine and hydrocodone as well as dihydrocodeine, morphine, ethylmorphine, and opium are CII substances that are also CIII in certain concentrations.
    there are some other oddities in the CSA, like how the opioid difenoxin is schedule I by itself but when mixed with atropine its schedule IV!
    "The magnitude of pleasure reaches its limit in the removal of all pain. When such pleasure is present, so long as it is uninterrupted, there is no pain either of body or of mind or of both together." -Epicurus

Never Looked Back HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates's Avatar

Yeah, actually I think they are taking or have taken darvocet off the market as well ike.

The only problem I see with this, is it being harder to get rx'd pain meds since CIII's would be non existent. For situations like mine of course where my pain isn't bad enough for CII pain meds (or so my doc thinks) Right now I get 180 Norco every 25 days. Wonder what would happen if they pulled Norco. Wishful thinking comes into play and has me imagining the Doc giving me 180 roxi 15's instead.... YUMMMMMYYYYYY my favorite!! As I said.....wishful thinking

"Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it". -Thomas Jefferson

"Not Rocka-fella, more like Mr. Cinderella, standing in the rain with a ripped umbrella"

These chemicals of Emeralds
    Last of the free tribes
    What kills your pain is what's giving me vibes

darvocet is still on the market, but they were talking about adding a black box warning or discontinuing darvocet months before this. it will be a long time before these drugs actually disappear from use, the FDA hasn't even made a final decision about any of this yet.

Never Looked Back insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike's Avatar

I can see how this could turn out worse for some pain patients, if docs stopped writing meds because they don't like the idea of said patient receiving opioid only containing medications, but I honestly don't think it would be like that if the ban or whatever does go through.. I think it will be for the best if it goes through..
    If it does happen, chances are they will just reduce the amount of acetaminophen in the opioid/acetaminophen containing meds. As a lot of these ppls probably would not like the only weaker opioid medications available being opioid only meds, as it would be more tempting to fix up and thus creating more 'junkies'. So I think they will just reduce the amount of Acetaminophen, which I think would be in our, the pain patients, favor still. BUT if they just reduce the amount of acetaminophen instead of removing, then I could see some docs keeping some pain patients on these weak meds(percs, lortabs) for longer periods instead of switching them to something stronger/more effective. As there is less acetaminophen in the meds, the Dr. scan write more tabs per dose/day instead of moving the patient onto something stronger. Like now I've known so many ppl whose docs kept them on fucking percs(oxycodo-apap) n norcos(hydrocodo-apap) up until they were prescribed 10-11 tabs a day before the Dr. switched them to a more effective opioid medication! It's fucking stupid.
    Though this could also happen if the acetaminophen was removed, then I bet there would be a good bit of Dr.s keeping patients on hydrocodo and oxycodo for a very long period of time before switching to something more effective since the dangers of exceeding the max daily amount of acetaminophen is no longer there..

Though I also think if they removed acetaminophen from all the opioid/acetaminophen combination meds that would also be in we pain patients favor. Cause they would still produce oxycodone and hydrocodone in the same strengths as they did with the acetaminophen combo meds probably. I don't see docs just strait out stop writing the really weak scripts for opioids just because they are opioid only meds.. I mean yeah of course a couple will if the patient comes off as someone who could potentially abuse the meds, but in general, I don't think the removal of acetaminophen from percocets and lortabs/vicodins will result in a dramastic decrease in Dr.s prescribing said meds..

It could easily go either way though if this lil 'ban' goes through so who knows.

Hopefully it turns out in our favor(pain patients) though. Not that I'm on percs anymore, not get the least bit of releif from them, I know many ppl who are on them and do get decent releif from them as their breakthrough med with oxycodo, fent, or somethin for around the clock opioid dosing.

later

Later

Opiophorum Member Lu_cid is an unknown quantity at this point Lu_cid's Avatar

thats nuts my doc was talking about that today.

Facilis descensus Averni:
    noctes atque dies patet atri ianua Ditis;
    sed revocare gradium superasque evadere ad auras.
    hoc opus, hic labor est.

Virgil: The Aeneid; Book VI, line 126

Never Looked Back Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow's Avatar

My impression is that that taking tylenol combo products off the market, will be combined with REDUCED ACESS to the purer formula's.

I doubt this will help anyone here.

Will

OpioNoMo Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction

I think the thing on the news a few weeks ago was for APAP in general. Some doctors / agency wants to lower the maximum daily dose from 4 grams to something else. Vicodin and Percs got mentioned because they contain APAP too, but I don't think it was targeting them specifically, rather just APAP.

Personally, I think it would be foolish on their part to outlaw / get rid of Vicodin / Lorcet / Lortab or Percocet just for the APAP thing. I mean, lower the dose in the pills instead, put a black-label box warning, something.

Now, if you notice, the new commercials for Aleve (naproxen sodoium) is stating how if you take Tylenol, and take 8 pills a day (which is the maximum dose I think), you'd be taking 80 pills in a ten day period, whereas if you took Aleve it would be only 20 pills in a ten day period. I don't see the point in that. Granted, I think APAP sucks, and have never really taken Aleve before (I usually take Advil / Ibuprofen when I have a headache because I think it works better for me), but what's it matter how many pills you take?

But, yeah, I don't think it was targeting Vics or Percs specifically, but rather the APAP instead;

Never Looked Back Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum's Avatar

, which got all the little "nice kids" good and strung out too...
    I'm flattered Mr. Feet. I didn't know you thought of me that way.
    In somnifera veritas
    In somnifera aequitas

Never Looked Back Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Narkotikon View Post
    But, yeah, I don't think it was targeting Vics or Percs specifically, but rather the APAP instead;
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I think thats the real deal -- the gov. wants to reduce total APAP intake, and wants doctors to be more aware of the dangers of tylenol combo products taking a patient over the 4 gram (or lowered) maximam.
    Last edited by RxQueen; 08-11-2009 at 01:02 AM. Reason: fix quote

tylenol can be dangerous but anything can be dangerous at the right dose. I have no doubt that vicoprofen and percodan will replace vicodin and percocet if they go as far as to actually ban them. some people get nasty side effects from ibuprofen and aspirin but don't have many/any problems with tylenol. less choice is bad.

some doctors may start prescribing 5 and 10mg oxycodone IR instead of percodan but not all will. there is also the chance that darvon will hang on and darvocet will be taken off the market.

True Opiophile upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007's Avatar

some doctors may start prescribing 5 and 10mg oxycodone IR instead of percodan but not all will. there is also the chance that darvon will hang on and darvocet will be taken off the market.
    And probably more Tramadol too.
    it's up or out and the ladder's on fire

Never Looked Back HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by upstate_007 View Post
    exactly what I was thinking....Oh joy more trams.....

"Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it". -Thomas Jefferson

"Not Rocka-fella, more like Mr. Cinderella, standing in the rain with a ripped umbrella"

These chemicals of Emeralds
    Last of the free tribes
    What kills your pain is what's giving me vibes

Junky PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN's Avatar

Re: Percocet and Lortab being banned? Finally a possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by upstate_007 View Post

Yup 2 doctors recently switched me to oxycodone i.r 15's from getting the 10mg percs and switching fucking my 3 vicodin es's to 1 soma and 3 30mg codeines pssshhhh im like no no codeine nooo thanks so i lucked out and got 2 vicoprofens insted and also some tram 50mg 30 of em just for extra relief and swims buddy was getting 2x of 60mg oxycodone er and switched em to 2x 40mg oc and 5mg valiums 3x of em so i guess he aint that pissed but the 60s were way better than 40's i also know another guy who was getting like 5 80's a day and got switched to 100mg morphine 3 of em and he also got i think like 15mg oxycodone ir and a cousin got cut off from demerol to methadone so alot of changes are being made i know lots of heads on done its crazy but id def say the biggest switch is less rx'es of the ole normal percs and vicodins to vicoprofens,tramadol,differnt muscle relaxants and codeine based pills bullshit for alot of pepole....
    Disclaimer:Anything that is typed or said by user"PiLL CLiNToN" is straight one hundred percent pure works of fiction. Therefore, everything ever written by PiLL CLiNToN is aimed to please housewifes dressed in EMT costumes. You might as well believe pigs are flying and hugs are deadly as drugs.

Junky PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN is just really nice PiLL CLiNToN's Avatar

Re: Percocet and Lortab being banned? Finally a possibility?

but honestly i highly doubt they will just stop producing them i just think theyre cracking down more and want less potent pills out nowadays in light of doctors like bein in entourages with celebs n MJ shit is hitting the fan in alot of places damn i wish we could just keep it old school and get the good shit not all these back up bullshit pills
    Disclaimer:Anything that is typed or said by user"PiLL CLiNToN" is straight one hundred percent pure works of fiction. Therefore, everything ever written by PiLL CLiNToN is aimed to please housewifes dressed in EMT costumes. You might as well believe pigs are flying and hugs are deadly as drugs.

yeah I can definitely see tramadol and codeine (without tylenol) becoming more widely used. but I'm guessing that for the most part if they do end up banning them that it will cause a mass switchover of patients from being on percocet to percodan and vicodin to vicoprofen. they aren't really causing any changes that increase safety because the same types of problems are present in aspirin and ibuprofen + opioid combos. these problems aren't even an issue for people who take these medicines with tylenol (or aspirin, or ibuprofen) responsibly or follow their doctors orders. and they aren't helping people in pain and doctors, they all need as many choices as possible so that people can get the medicine that works best for them.

My fear, as I've stated, is that docs can do all this now: why are the feds getting involved? But you're right: nobody I know, even serious pain patients, ever wanted the switch from percodans (aspirin) to percocets (tylenol) but at least back then, it was *doctors* who made these decisions, and I feel they were often swayed by the pharmaceutical reps--like the oxycontin pushers--but all the freaked out parents made the feds realize there was *finally* a huge voting block they could tap into, and thus began another downward spiral...

And I won't even get started on the whole "scheduling" fiasco, that I think began around the time the DEA got created...before that it was BNDD and Class A's etc...but to a ruffian like me, that was a *good* thing, since pharmacies kept it simple by locking up all their Class A's in one easy-to-find area

Until they didn't.

yeah I can definitely see tramadol and codeine (without tylenol) becoming more widely used. but I'm guessing that for the most part if they do end up banning them that it will cause a mass switchover of patients from being on percocet to percodan and vicodin to vicoprofen. they aren't really causing any changes that increase safety because the same types of problems are present in aspirin and ibuprofen + opioid combos. these problems aren't even an issue for people who take these medicines with tylenol (or aspirin, or ibuprofen) responsibly or follow their doctors orders. and they aren't helping people in pain and doctors, they all need as many choices as possible so that people can get the medicine that works best for them.

Tsukiyomi-no-mikoto JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM is cooler than ice JonnyM's Avatar
    In a suburban town with nothing to do, patiently waiting for something to happen.

Im scared shitless that if this goes through codeine and trams are what will be available.

Doctors like the idea that they can give pain medication that isnt scedule II to people with a tooth ache, or back pain.

the abuse potential of pure hydrocodone is just as immense as that of oxycodone... and may even cause a "scare"

"Hydrocodone a powerful derivative of heroin... blah blah blah." I can see the misinformation already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast