What makes Scramble...Scramble??? ***NE Heads***

Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What makes Scramble...Scramble??? ***NE Heads***

Departed Opiophile Citrus is a jewel in the rough Citrus is a jewel in the rough Citrus is a jewel in the rough Citrus is a jewel in the rough Citrus is a jewel in the rough Citrus is a jewel in the rough Citrus is a jewel in the rough Citrus's Avatar

Default Re: What makes Scramble...Scramble??? ***NE Heads***

I still would like to know the difference, if anyone knows.
    I'm currently incarated as of 8/4/11 for a maxium of 5 months but more than likely less... for now; peace out my brothers and sisters at the phile, I will be back-- sober but I will be back." ~ citrus.

Never Looked Back krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov's Avatar

Scramble is H that is cut down so much that you have to shoot it just to feel it. You wouldn't feel it if you snorted it.
    He scores! He shoots!!!

I HATE PEOPLE THAT TAKE DRUGS!
    Like Cops, DEA Agents, and Customs Officials.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.

FREE ROBOJUNKIE!!!

True Opiophile Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy's Avatar

I bet rachamim would know. i have a hunch that there's something else than the fact that it's cut to shit and put in gel caps, but i don't know, so krinkov might be right.

I was going to say that it's cut with OTC sleeping pills, but then i remembered that no, that's "cheese" heroin (that still makes me laugh).
    "Live on coffee and flowers"

Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I bet rachamim would know. i have a hunch that there's something else than the fact that it's cut to shit and put in gel caps, but i don't know, so krinkov might be right.

I was going to say that it's cut with OTC sleeping pills, but then i remembered that no, that's "cheese" heroin (that still makes me laugh).
    Is tylenol used for sleep? I thought it was a cold med-I guess it could be used for sleep.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Opiophorum Member nhop has a spectacular aura about nhop has a spectacular aura about nhop has a spectacular aura about nhop has a spectacular aura about nhop has a spectacular aura about nhop has a spectacular aura about

Scramble is a Baltimore specific word that denotes "cut" dope. In Bmore, one can purchase either scramble or raw. Whatever they cut the dope with (i'm not sure what they use, maybe quinine.?) tends to give a better 'rush' when injected than raw dope alone.

[QUOTE]Is tylenol used for sleep? I thought it was a cold med-I guess it could be used for sleep./[QUOTE]

Tylenol is a us brand name for acetaminophen, what you in Europe know as paracetamol.

Opiophile StackBundles has much to be proud of StackBundles has much to be proud of StackBundles has much to be proud of StackBundles has much to be proud of StackBundles has much to be proud of StackBundles has much to be proud of StackBundles has much to be proud of StackBundles has much to be proud of StackBundles has much to be proud of StackBundles has much to be proud of StackBundles has much to be proud of StackBundles's Avatar

I already explained it, bro. It's just hacked to shit dope. Simple. I think even a B-More head broke it down.

Nikki Barnes coined the term, and it's what he used to refer to weak ass street dope, even beat bags. It is cut with either diphenhydramine or B-12.

Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar

[QUOTE=nhop;399054]Scramble is a Baltimore specific word that denotes "cut" dope. In Bmore, one can purchase either scramble or raw. Whatever they cut the dope with (i'm not sure what they use, maybe quinine.?) tends to give a better 'rush' when injected than raw dope alone.

[QUOTE]Is tylenol used for sleep? I thought it was a cold med-I guess it could be used for sleep./

Tylenol is a us brand name for acetaminophen, what you in Europe know as paracetamol.
    Sure,we actually have tylenol brand as well,but it's only marketed for colds not as a sleep aid.I was interested in it being used/sold as a sleep aid.Maybe a different formula?
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Jr. Opiophile Morphus is a glorious beacon of light Morphus is a glorious beacon of light Morphus is a glorious beacon of light Morphus is a glorious beacon of light Morphus is a glorious beacon of light Morphus is a glorious beacon of light Morphus is a glorious beacon of light Morphus is a glorious beacon of light Morphus is a glorious beacon of light Morphus is a glorious beacon of light Morphus is a glorious beacon of light

There are a plethora of multi ingredient OTC formulations, often containing tylenol, diphenhydramine, for taking care of cold/flu symptoms. "cheese" as I understood is extremely dilute smack cut with diphenydramine (benadryl) or tylenol PM, which contains diphenydramine. But, I have read that alot of the higher quality dope in chicago, st louis etc is cut with diphenydramine because it has a sedative effect and makes an effective cut. This "cheese" shit is just stepped the fuck on dope, good to introduce opio naive youngsters to, I guess without being marketed as the dread HEROIN

Departed Opiophile Citrus is a jewel in the rough Citrus is a jewel in the rough Citrus is a jewel in the rough Citrus is a jewel in the rough Citrus is a jewel in the rough Citrus is a jewel in the rough Citrus is a jewel in the rough Citrus's Avatar

Nevermind... Not one person actually answered all my questions..

Stack; no shit its cut, read the earlier posts, I want to know what its cut with and why some heads PREFER it to raw...

Dude chill out, I listened to your post, but you didn't answer the right questions, I saw you bro, I see you there, chill out. Nicky Barnes? Someones been watching too much American Gangster and The Wire.
    I'm currently incarated as of 8/4/11 for a maxium of 5 months but more than likely less... for now; peace out my brothers and sisters at the phile, I will be back-- sober but I will be back." ~ citrus.

True Opiophile Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy's Avatar

[QUOTE=nick;399057][QUOTE=nhop;399054]Scramble is a Baltimore specific word that denotes "cut" dope. In Bmore, one can purchase either scramble or raw. Whatever they cut the dope with (i'm not sure what they use, maybe quinine.?) tends to give a better 'rush' when injected than raw dope alone.

Is tylenol used for sleep? I thought it was a cold med-I guess it could be used for sleep./

Sure,we actually have tylenol brand as well,but it's only marketed for colds not as a sleep aid.I was interested in it being used/sold as a sleep aid.Maybe a different formula?
    Yeah we have "Tylenol PM" - just what we need, more APAP products that people don't even know contain APAP. I always thought "cheese" was H cut with diphenhydramine containing products, like tylenol PM, or sleepinol (that one doesn't have paracetamol) but you're right, plain tylenol isn't marketed for sleep. I'm not sure if "Cheese" means cut with tylenol, tylenol AND dph, or just dph. something tells me they don't really have a set "recipe" for it, either.

Junky abner is just really nice abner is just really nice abner is just really nice abner is just really nice abner is just really nice abner is just really nice abner is just really nice abner is just really nice abner is just really nice abner is just really nice abner is just really nice abner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    Nevermind... Not one person actually answered all my questions..

Stack; no shit its cut, read the earlier posts, I want to know what its cut with and why some heads PREFER it to raw...

Dude chill out, I listened to your post, but you didn't answer the right questions, I saw you bro, I see you there, chill out. Nicky Barnes? Someones been watching too much American Gangster and The Wire.

seriously, what the fuck is up your ass half the time you post here?
    "If you can do no good, at least do no harm." - Hippocrates
    "The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated." - Mark Twain
    "I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth." — Kurt Vonnegut Jr., Breakfast of Champions
    "A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others. " - The Wizard of Oz

Opiophile StackBundles has much to be proud of StackBundles has much to be proud of StackBundles has much to be proud of StackBundles has much to be proud of StackBundles has much to be proud of StackBundles has much to be proud of StackBundles has much to be proud of StackBundles has much to be proud of StackBundles has much to be proud of StackBundles has much to be proud of StackBundles has much to be proud of StackBundles's Avatar

^^^Nicky Barnes is fictional or something? And he wasn't one of the first to start stamping bags either? Wasn't AMERICAN GANGSTER about Frank Lucas?

Anyways, FROM WHAT I HAVE READ, and I can't post a link 'cause I am on a phone, it is just what people have ALREADY told you.

A simple google check would have confirmed this. The first million hits state..."Scramble = Ready cut, low purity dope for the street."

Simple... And yeah, Nicky Barned SUPPOSEDLY coined the term. Shit, someone has to birth slang, it just don't pop up. When they used to sell weight back then, you couldn't get raw, for the most part, because those dudes wanted to keep a stranglehold on the market, so anything they pushed out to their street level dudes was "scramble" hence the term.

Why people might prefer it? Certain cuts supposedly up the rush factor. I investigated that shit myself a few times and hacked some D up with Diphen, but I didn't notice much.

There has been a long history of addicts compounding shit for the rush... T's and Blue, etc. That shit dates back to the old school way. Nowadays, our dope is so good that you don't gotta' mix it.

And Citrus, chill bro. I was just tryna' get you an answer. No need to get crazy, my man. Were boys n' shit sooo....

Did you check your VM's?

Occasionally Opiated sigma is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, im from Baltimore and had a scramble habit for a number of years. Scramble is raw heroin mixed with quinine. The final result is a substance that is fluffy and slightly resembles powdered sugar, with flecks of raw throughout. When you hit it with water the quinine dissolves immediately, and you procede to cook it up to dissolve the raw. The scramble rush is MUCH MUCH stronger than plain raw and after one catches a good scramble habit, plain raw produces a very little rush. You still get high but not realy that much of a rush. Lots of people snort scramble but its fucking nasty to me, scramble is def shooters heroin. If you enjoy a good rush, try some scramble.

Answer your question? Feel free to ask more, anything related to scramble dope or Baltimore dope, i can help you out.

Jr. Opiophile KiloByte will become famous soon enough KiloByte will become famous soon enough KiloByte will become famous soon enough KiloByte will become famous soon enough KiloByte's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sigma View Post
    Hello, im from Baltimore and had a scramble habit for a number of years. Scramble is raw heroin mixed with quinine. The final result is a substance that is fluffy and slightly resembles powdered sugar, with flecks of raw throughout. When you hit it with water the quinine dissolves immediately, and you procede to cook it up to dissolve the raw. The scramble rush is MUCH MUCH stronger than plain raw and after one catches a good scramble habit, plain raw produces a very little rush. You still get high but not realy that much of a rush. Lots of people snort scramble but its fucking nasty to me, scramble is def shooters heroin. If you enjoy a good rush, try some scramble.

Answer your question? Feel free to ask more, anything related to scramble dope or Baltimore dope, i can help you out.
    Just wondering, why not get the purer shit then add a little quinine to it yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by KiloByte View Post
    Just wondering, why not get the purer shit then add a little quinine to it yourself?
    im not sure i understand what you mean by "the purer shit". people seem to think that scramble is raw heroin thats cut to shit which lowers the quality. in fact, the quinine is added to the pure shit to increase the potency of the rush. scramble is just raw mixed with quinine right before it hits the streets. you could literally pick through the dope and seperate the raw from the quinine if you wanted to and had a little patience. also, im not sure how the laws are elsewhere, but in maryland quinine is considered a precursor chemical and is just as illegal as the actual heroin, not to mention its extremely hard to find by itself. i think the word im looking for would be synergism. raw by itself is great, but add a little quinine to your shot and the potency of the rush is increased by a factor of 3 (in my opinion ). also, this may help you guys understand a little better. the size of a dime of scramble is much bigger then a dime of raw because the quinune is so fluffy. a dime of scramble is about as big as a standard cigarette filter.

Never Looked Back Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine's Avatar

That makes A lot of fuckin' sense. I didn't know anybody was still using quinine as a cut. I've always heard about it, but don't know if I've ever had it. Around here almost all the RAW is cut with Dormin (Diphenhydramine).

I used to be able to buy Quinine tablets in local stores. They were sold as water purification tablets for camping in the outdoors. I can't find them any more. They are no longer available. I guess they went the way of Potassium Nitrate. Ha...

Thanks for the info dude.

I am wondering though... If I shot just straight up quinine, would I get a rush? Just as equal to, if not better than heroin? Since that shit multiplies the rush threefold?

I think you might be mistaken about quinine being illegal as a precursor, since the legal definition of a precursor is "the raw material to create a new substance". Quinine might be illigal and considered an adulterant if it is discovered in CONJUNCTION with heroin, and you would be charged accordingly, as the law allows.

Adulterant = Pharmacoligically active

Diluent = Filler/quantity extender with no pharmacological activity

Have you ever actually done just straight quinine and if so, what happened?

Oh yeah, Who was the real "Barksdale" who birthed the H trade in B-More back in the day. He came from NY as a teenage, maybe associated with Barnes or Lucas?? His real last name was Barksdale... He was actually cast in The Wire as the old black priest or something that mentored Cutty I think? I'm gonna' have to check up on that shit.
    My uncle and cousins have lived all over Maryland and Virginia. Never had B-More D even though my cousins get around down that way. They lived in the city for years... Which, Citrus, is why I dig The Wire so much.

Thank you sigma for the extremely helpful and insightful post, just exactly the type of post I was looking for when making this thread...

Stack, I'm just busting your balls, bro!

stacks, ive never personally injected straight quinine but i have been told that it does produce a rush by itself. im told its kind of unpleasant and has no real euphoria associated with it. and yes i think you may be right about quinine not being considered a precursor chemical. but i know it is illegal. as for barksdale, i have never heard of him.

Quinine isn't illegal, hell it's in tonic water, but any preparation of it for human consumption requires a prescription because it's controlled by the FDA. You can still buy just plain quinine i think as long as it's not sold for human consumption, and it's not illegal just to possess, but most of those chem supply places don't really deal with the public (i.e. - "minimum order required - 500 kg")

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Quinine isn't illegal, hell it's in tonic water, but any preparation of it for human consumption requires a prescription because it's controlled by the FDA. You can still buy just plain quinine i think as long as it's not sold for human consumption, and it's not illegal just to possess, but most of those chem supply places don't really deal with the public (i.e. - "minimum order required - 500 kg")
    in maryland, quinine IS illegal to have in your possession. if they catch you with a baggy of quinine in powder form you will get arrested.

Just found this on google:

Its an excerpt from Maryland Criminal Law Section 5-620

§ 5-620. (a) Unless authorized under this title, a person may not:

(1) obtain or attempt to obtain controlled paraphernalia by:

(i) fraud, deceit, misrepresentation, or subterfuge;

(ii) counterfeiting a prescription or a written order;

(iii) concealing a material fact or the use of a false name or address;

(iv) falsely assuming the title of or representing to be a manufacturer, distributor, or authorized provider; or

(v) making or issuing a false or counterfeit prescription or written order; or

(2) possess or distribute controlled paraphernalia under circumstances which reasonably indicate an intention to use the controlled paraphernalia for purposes of illegally administering a controlled dangerous substance.

(b) Evidence of circumstances that reasonably indicate an intent to use controlled paraphernalia to manufacture, administer, distribute, or dispense a controlled dangerous substance unlawfully include the close proximity of the controlled paraphernalia to an adulterant, diluent, or equipment commonly used to illegally manufacture, administer, distribute, or dispense controlled dangerous substances, including:

(1) a scale;

(2) a sieve;

(3) a strainer;

(4) a measuring spoon;

(5) staples;

(6) a stapler;

(7) a glassine envelope;

(8) a gelatin capsule;

(9) procaine hydrochloride;

(10) mannitol;

(11) lactose;

(12) quinine; and

(13) a controlled dangerous substance.

(c) Information that is communicated to a physician to obtain controlled paraphernalia from the physician in violation of this subtitle is not a privileged communication.

(d) (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, a person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 4 years or a fine not exceeding $25,000 or both.

(2) A person who violates this section involving the use or possession of marijuana is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 1 year or a fine not exceeding $1,000 or both.

So its not a precursor chemical, its considered "controlled paraphernalia"

Never Looked Back Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum's Avatar

I know that the kids nowadays are buying dope they call "cheese" which is supposedly cut with Tylenol PM. Whether this is true or not and whether it maybe is what this scramble shit is I can't say for sure. I prefer (ed) my heroin to have the normal cutting agents in it.
    In somnifera veritas
    In somnifera aequitas

Opiophile InfectedMushroom is a glorious beacon of light InfectedMushroom is a glorious beacon of light InfectedMushroom is a glorious beacon of light InfectedMushroom is a glorious beacon of light InfectedMushroom is a glorious beacon of light InfectedMushroom is a glorious beacon of light InfectedMushroom is a glorious beacon of light InfectedMushroom is a glorious beacon of light InfectedMushroom is a glorious beacon of light InfectedMushroom is a glorious beacon of light InfectedMushroom is a glorious beacon of light InfectedMushroom's Avatar

The cheese thing was big in TX and I think that was just about it. The cheese was all Tylenol PM with a tiny amount of H mixed in. Really wouldn't even qualify as "starter" heroin. It was marketed to young kids who are dumb enough to buy the stuff.

Occasionally Opiated Sweater Ruin is an unknown quantity at this point Sweater Ruin's Avatar

It only took three pages to get a legit answer for scramble.

Well done Sigma! That was very informative. This thread was giving me a headache and I had no clue what scramble was after reading everything. But now I know thanks to you!

Jr. Opiophile China white is a jewel in the rough China white is a jewel in the rough China white is a jewel in the rough China white is a jewel in the rough China white is a jewel in the rough China white is a jewel in the rough China white is a jewel in the rough China white is a jewel in the rough

i was under the impression that scramble was B-12 plus H...??????

Opiophorum Member Leave it ta Beaver will become famous soon enough Leave it ta Beaver will become famous soon enough Leave it ta Beaver will become famous soon enough Leave it ta Beaver's Avatar

Re: What makes Scramble...Scramble??? ***NE Heads***

Bing from B-more myself,it's usually ya get raw dope on the west side& scrable on the east side( scrable comes in gel caps/pills and is cut w/ B&Q forget the B word but the Q Quadine) An when ya fire da scramble you have ta cook it basically 'till the cut disappears! When I first started doing dope I sniffed mainly raw, but on occassion sniffed some scramble wich is possible unlike what somone said as a reply ,& ya get high as well (i've had better scramble than some raw @ time's) When I was a newbie to doing dope my only contact was on the westside wich sold raw anywhere from 10$, 20$ up to 50$?100$$ Long story short I moved on to firing first raw ( an had to have my friend get me on wich get's old quick cuz ya allways haveto hook 'em up, so I quickly learned w/ pratice cotten shots)Well my ex-girlfriend@ those times lost her car, & we were closer to eastside in wich ya could buy a fellow fiend a 10$ pill of scramble for a hack to get ours so we started only shooting scramble & if you gotta hold of some good stuff it was cheaper& better high/rush then some of the raw! Because after a couple of years of doing raw I woul put atleast 2 twenty's up in da cooker if not more! It also became the same w/ putting 2 up in da cooker w/ da scrambele ( ya have to add more water to scramble so 2 is usually the most ya can do @ once, all though I've occassionally have gottencloseto 3!!!) You get addicted to the cut as well & it usually has better rush then raw. Nowget a 20 of raw & pill of some good scramble and it's great together!!! Throw in a nickle of powder coke & you'd be set!!!! Now a days God only knows what they cut some of the scramble w/!! Raw down this way comes in 'lil baggie'sor vile's & scramble comes in gel gaps (nomore wax packs I've heard thats how it all came 'bou t20 some years, ago before my time!! Take care, everyone!!!

Thanks B, straight from the horses mouf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2