Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LD50 for Methadone?

Occasionally Opiated OpiumKing is an unknown quantity at this point OpiumKing's Avatar

Default LD50 for Methadone?

Just scored a small bottle of Methadone Hydrochloride 10mg/ml. I have a pretty decent tolerance, I've been on another long opiate binge (about 4 months) and was wondering what the LD50 for Methadone is in a non tolerant person. I've looked online and most of what I've come up with is 30mg/kg in humans, which doesn't sound right at all. And also what would you guys guess would be the lethal dose for me? I weigh 56.82kg and have been doing about 60-100mg of OC daily for the past four months, along with a little H, Hydromorphone, Morphine, and Hydrocodone.

True Opiophile Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy's Avatar

Default Re: LD50 for Methadone?

First of all take it slow. Methadone takes a long time to kick in. Don't use the LD50 as a thing to say "ok i know as long as i only take that i'll be ok" because obviously its still possible to OD at less than that (i'm assuming you know what LD50 means).

That said, I don't think there is an LD50 published for HUMANS, because they can't test that kind of things on humans. And the problem with that is that rats are much more tolerant to opiates than humans. For instance, the ld50 for lab rats is 30 mg/kg. so for a 100 kg individual that would be 3 grams of methadone. Obviously nobody can take that much.

I read somewhere else that the average person dies after about 50 mg. I don't know if that's true, it seems a little high.
    "Live on coffee and flowers"

Never Looked Back youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    First of all take it slow. Methadone takes a long time to kick in. Don't use the LD50 as a thing to say "ok i know as long as i only take that i'll be ok" because obviously its still possible to OD at less than that (i'm assuming you know what LD50 means).

That said, I don't think there is an LD50 published for HUMANS, because they can't test that kind of things on humans. And the problem with that is that rats are much more tolerant to opiates than humans. For instance, the ld50 for lab rats is 30 mg/kg. so for a 100 kg individual that would be 3 grams of methadone. Obviously nobody can take that much.

I read somewhere else that the average person dies after about 50 mg. I don't know if that's true, it seems a little high.
    I think a lot of this would depend on tolerance, so an accurate LD50 would be impossible to judge. The average, opiate naive individual could likely overdose on way less than 50mg. I do know that the methadone clinics start between 30-40mg and titrate up from there, to err on the safe side, and this is for addicts, not opiate naive folks. If you're the sort of person who can bang an OC80 and still be in withdrawal, obviously that does not apply, but judgment does come into play here. Each person should know what they normally can take. There are plenty of dose converters online, and while it is NOT an exact science because of the cross tolerance issue, its a good start. Personally, when I was on 80mg of oxy and 90mg of MS a day, I could take 20-30mg of methadone and be good for most of the day. Just my two cents worth, but I would start with absolutely no more than that amount, wait a couple hours, and redose if needed. As Indy mentioned, it takes forever to have any effect, so BE CAREFUL!

OpioNoMo EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII's Avatar

The best advice is to go slow and careful.
    And keep in mind, that the LD50 is when HALF of the subjects drop dead.

Never Looked Back youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EleusisII View Post
    The best advice is to go slow and careful.
    And keep in mind, that the LD50 is when HALF of the subjects drop dead.
    Better fuckin hope he's in the OTHER half, huh? I kid, I kid.

Never Looked Back insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike's Avatar

Well it all depends on your toler... there's no set LD50 for opis I don't think... I don't see how there could be. As some non-tolerant ppl requires much higher doses than some.. Like there are lots of ppl who have never touched a pill of any kind or a recreational drug, who need at least 40mg oxycodone to get decent pain releif, while there are other ppl who get the same releif from as little as 10-20mg.. and ppl who are tolerant to opioids obviously can handle a much much higher dose.

Like already stated, m'done comes on very slow, and lasts quiet a while for most ppl. For me, it starts coming on within an hour, and peaks after 2 good hours. Back when I wasn't sure of my 'done dose and when my toler goes up and I need a higher dose, I always wait at least 2-3hrs after the initial dose to take another pill or two. But for the orange 40mg disks, they seem to fully kick in within an hour.. no more than 1hr10min before fully kicked in. but the methadose or malli 10mg tablets take atleast 2hrs to kick in fully. Maybe a lil more even.. and the red 'cough syrup' tasting m'done liquid seems to kick in within 45min..
    but either form I still say wait 2-3hrs before redosing bcause everyone is different and reacts differently to diff chems!!!

but if 100mg oxycodo gets you good I'd say start with 50mg m'done. and increase by 10mg after 2hrs or so. and then 10mg more another 2.5-3hrs or so... Then the next day you will know where to start a lil better..
    But generally if someone needs 100mg oxycodone they will need around 80-100mg M'done to get high.
    The dose just depends on if you're looking to get high, keep well, or get pain releif..
    Either way start at no more than 40-50mg to be safe, and that is if you need a good 100mg oxycodo to get good..

Just remember to start slow, as you can always take more, but you can't undo what you've done took!

Later

Occasionally Opiated 898522986 is fresh on the scene. 898522986 is fresh on the scene. 898522986 is fresh on the scene. 898522986's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by insaneike View Post
    but if 100mg oxycodo gets you good I'd say start with 50mg m'done.

i would think it would be less than that more like twenty to thirty.done is alot stronger than oxy. is this recreational use or to avoid wd's? with a two b a day habit i feel no difference between thirty and one hundred mgs other than how tired it makes me.
    Last edited by 898522986; 05-27-2009 at 10:20 AM. Reason: forgot sumptin

+ Reply to Thread