Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can Benadryl be IV'd??

Never Looked Back krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov's Avatar

Default Can Benadryl be IV'd??

Obviously, this is a hypothetical question that would never be tried.

I once overheard some one saying that at the hospital, they got a shot of Benadryl via IV. They said that they got a pleasant rush from it.

So, is there any truth to it? Can OTC stuff give you a buzz?

Krin
    He scores! He shoots!!!

I HATE PEOPLE THAT TAKE DRUGS!
    Like Cops, DEA Agents, and Customs Officials.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.

FREE ROBOJUNKIE!!!

Opiophorum Member phaedros is fresh on the scene. phaedros is fresh on the scene. phaedros is fresh on the scene. phaedros's Avatar

Default Re: Can Benadryl be IV'd??

Well benadryl can be I.Ved.In michigan prisons they use benadryl to cut dope.I would say Yes you can get high on OTC.I shot part of a 357 speed pill once.It worked for what I wanted it to work for.I even got a rush from it.Ive read since that caffeine can be fatal a certain amounts,so I wouldnt do that again.

QUEEN B MODERATOR roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust's Avatar

Benadryl is given IM alot in the ER for allergic reactions and bee stings. Of course the is an pharmaceutical IV solution, I don't have to go into whyyou shouldn't shoot pills, you know the risks.

..... found that when it got *really* bad, I'd cop, and fuck all that detoxing, whether I'm eating carrots and brown rice, or vodka and cough drops, I've learned only one sure thing about detoxing:
    There Ain't No Free Lunch!.......Originally posted by Duckfeet

Opiophorum Member phaedros is fresh on the scene. phaedros is fresh on the scene. phaedros is fresh on the scene. phaedros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roxi*stardust View Post
    Benadryl is given IM alot in the ER for allergic reactions and bee stings. Of course the is an pharmaceutical IV solution, I don't have to go into whyyou shouldn't shoot pills, you know the risks.

We know,but they feel SO GOOD....lols.

Hey when we gonna be able to attach sound files on OPI?Ive got a donation so I can attach GIGGLES...lols

OpioNoMo tch2296 is a glorious beacon of light tch2296 is a glorious beacon of light tch2296 is a glorious beacon of light tch2296 is a glorious beacon of light tch2296 is a glorious beacon of light tch2296 is a glorious beacon of light tch2296 is a glorious beacon of light tch2296 is a glorious beacon of light tch2296 is a glorious beacon of light tch2296 is a glorious beacon of light tch2296 is a glorious beacon of light tch2296's Avatar

Yes, Benadryl (diphenhydramine) can be injected, and it does give a slight rush, even by itself. There are people who buy the 50 mg Sleepinal capsules (with just the powder inside), and dump the powder in a mg of water, mix, filter, and draw up into solution.

They then use this solution to dissolve their DOC. When antihistamines (diphenhydramine, cyclizine, a couple others, not all antihistamines work) are mixed with opiates in the same shot, they intensify the rush significantly. This has partly to do with the fact that they fight the histamine release that dulls the intensity of the rush, but also because they amplify the effects of opiates in many other ways.

There was a drug called Diconal, made up of the opiate Dipipanone (related to methadone) and cyclizine (an antihistamine). It was said to have one of the best rushes ever. It was quickly taken off the market due to abuse. Ever since then people have been mixing cyclizine with drugs like methadone to re-create this effect. This has led to strict control of cyclizine in many countries.

Some people on buprenorphine maintenance claim that mixing their bupe with an antihistamine and injecting is able to give them a rush.

But, given all the fillers in that shit it's a dumb idea and I recommend staying as far away from this practice as possible

Junky PrisonHer is just really nice PrisonHer is just really nice PrisonHer is just really nice PrisonHer is just really nice PrisonHer is just really nice PrisonHer is just really nice PrisonHer is just really nice PrisonHer is just really nice PrisonHer is just really nice PrisonHer is just really nice PrisonHer's Avatar

haha..ahhh. I had an allergic reaction to some antibiotics the other night in the ER and they IV'd benadryl...it was nice and I believed I even laughed at myself trying it at home..which I really wouldn't do..but it did feel pretty darn pleasent.
    Most people don't know how they're gonna feel from one moment to the next. But a dope fiend has a pretty good idea. All you gotta do is look at the labels on the little bottles. ~Bob~

Jr. Opiophile KiloByte will become famous soon enough KiloByte will become famous soon enough KiloByte will become famous soon enough KiloByte will become famous soon enough KiloByte's Avatar

I wouldn't do it.

True Opiophile duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roxi*stardust View Post
    If I am not mistaken, I had Benadryl in my IV @ the hospital once...

Jr. Opiophile Nonphixion has a spectacular aura about Nonphixion has a spectacular aura about Nonphixion has a spectacular aura about Nonphixion has a spectacular aura about Nonphixion has a spectacular aura about Nonphixion has a spectacular aura about

I've had it a bunch of times, i'm allergic to banana's, yes i know kinda odd just found it out my self after 4 or 5 BAD allergic reacations witch landed me in the hospital... I think it's more needle fever than a Good rush tho...

-T

OpioNoMo tch2296 is a glorious beacon of light tch2296 is a glorious beacon of light tch2296 is a glorious beacon of light tch2296 is a glorious beacon of light tch2296 is a glorious beacon of light tch2296 is a glorious beacon of light tch2296 is a glorious beacon of light tch2296 is a glorious beacon of light tch2296 is a glorious beacon of light tch2296 is a glorious beacon of light tch2296 is a glorious beacon of light tch2296's Avatar

It is only pleasant mixed with an opiate, but mixing an antihistamine like diphenhydramine in with a shot of an opiate, even a relatively nonrecreational one, like buprenorphine, gives a very pleasant rush. Again, only pleasant if mixed with an opiate, no good by iteself. It DOES give a small rush when injected by itself, but it is not very pleasant, and rather sedating and boring.

Granny Nurse Moderator
    PLATINUM MEMBER
    SUPER FUCKING SOLID GOLD MEMBER
    Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KiloByte View Post
    I wouldn't do it.
    Ditto.
    If you have the liquid IV prep of Benedryl, shoot away. Do not shoot pills into your veins unless you really enjoy clogging up the teensy capilaries in your lungs and ruining the fuck outta your lungs in your later years.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppylvr View Post
    Ditto.
    If you have the liquid IV prep of Benedryl, shoot away. Do not shoot pills into your veins unless you really enjoy clogging up the teensy capilaries in your lungs and ruining the fuck outta your lungs in your later years.
    Yeah, good advice. The problem is that the rush is only good when the antihistamine is combined in the same shot as the opiate, so shooting IV Benadryl and then shooting an opiate doesn't do the trick.

That's why Diconal was so good; it was a strong opiate combined with cyclizine, and it had an amazing rush.

Shooting pills is always bad though.

Tsukiyomi-no-mikoto JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM's Avatar
    In a suburban town with nothing to do, patiently waiting for something to happen.

got a little needle fever going on?

Well i think you should weigh the pros and cons before shooting benadryl.

Possible fuck up some good veins for some benadryl that may not even do more then make you a little sleepy.

Never Looked Back resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol's Avatar
    NY(State), US, Earth (in 4 dimensions [length, width, depth, time]; maybe more beyond perception)

Sure it can (not that I'd recommend it).

It DOES supposedly dramatically increase the pleasure of the rush when combined with heroin, morphine, hydromorphone, oxycodone, etc in one rig (25 mg diphenhydramine + typical shot of dope = stronger rush). This has been verified by many seasoned IV opioid users on Bluelight. It's even been said by some that certain antihistamines have slight abuse potential all by themselves (they are downers, after all.... and if that sedation hits hard and fast it could feel "rushy" ... that might be behind the enhancement of opioid rushes, although there's probably something more going on there). Look at Diconal ... antihistamine + opioid combo that was "better than heroin" to most people.

Edit: Shooting pills is NEVER a good idea, though. If you MUST try a diph + opioid shot, there's a particular brand of diph capsule that's the safest since it doesn't contain talc. I'd research that if you just have to try this.
    What, is there a pharmacy down there? -- Mia to Babi in Golden Sun while retrieving his Lemurian draught in Altmiller Cave

Never Looked Back oxy kid is a jewel in the rough oxy kid is a jewel in the rough oxy kid is a jewel in the rough oxy kid is a jewel in the rough oxy kid is a jewel in the rough oxy kid is a jewel in the rough oxy kid is a jewel in the rough oxy kid's Avatar

I'm sure it could be done, but it doesn't sound like something I'd want to do.

I'm glad we have a lot of really smart people on the board that can answer our questions. I would never have been able to give good advice on IV Benadryl!!!! ha

Quote Originally Posted by resorcinol View Post
    Sure it can (not that I'd recommend it).

It DOES supposedly dramatically increase the pleasure of the rush when combined with heroin, morphine, hydromorphone, oxycodone, etc in one rig (25 mg diphenhydramine + typical shot of dope = stronger rush). This has been verified by many seasoned IV opioid users on Bluelight. It's even been said by some that certain antihistamines have slight abuse potential all by themselves (they are downers, after all.... and if that sedation hits hard and fast it could feel "rushy" ... that might be behind the enhancement of opioid rushes, although there's probably something more going on there). Look at Diconal ... antihistamine + opioid combo that was "better than heroin" to most people.

Edit: Shooting pills is NEVER a good idea, though. If you MUST try a diph + opioid shot, there's a particular brand of diph capsule that's the safest since it doesn't contain talc. I'd research that if you just have to try this.
    Yep, that was what i was talking about. It's fairly common practice among some opiate users to add antihistamines to their shot. The best brand is the Sleepinal capsules (so the diphenhydramine is already in powder form), which contains no binders, but still has a lot of fillers and bullshit, it's still not safe to shoot, but it works.

Dump half a sleepinal capsule into 1 cc of water, filter, and use that solution to prepare your DOC. The rush will definitely be more intense.

Never Looked Back irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish's Avatar

A lot of powder dope is cut with benadryl. Chicago had a number of posts where he talked about dope with little pink/purple flecks from the coating of the crushed pills.
    irish
    "too many doses and i'm starting to get an attraction" avenged sevenfold
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.
    Violence is rarely the solution, but when it is, it is the only solution.
    If it's worth shooting, it's worth shooting twice.

Opiophorum Member Angelwolf13 is a jewel in the rough Angelwolf13 is a jewel in the rough Angelwolf13 is a jewel in the rough Angelwolf13 is a jewel in the rough Angelwolf13 is a jewel in the rough Angelwolf13 is a jewel in the rough Angelwolf13 is a jewel in the rough Angelwolf13's Avatar

i had a particularly bad reaction to that horrible reglan while in er once, so they iv-ed benedryl (the antidote) right before they iv-ed morphine. i felt the benedryl more than i felt the morphine but, then again, iv morphine does absolutely NOTHING for me.
    Seems so sick to the hypocrite norm, running their boring drills.
    But we are an elite race of our own- the stoners, junkies, and freaks.

Whats my drug of choice? Well, what have you got?
    I don't go broke and I do it a lot!

You can't understand a users mind, but try, with your books and degrees.
    If you let yourself go and opened your mind, I'll bet you'd be doing like me.
    And it aint so bad...

"JunkHead" - Alice In Chains

Departed Opiophile Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s's Avatar

I used it iv for over a year, can be a great rush but really the dangers are beyond the gain. Plus everyone will laugh at you. Not worth it...
    [SIZE=2][B]
    "...i paid a visit to Schrodinger in his vienna apartment before his death... There were no cats. I was told he did not like cats."[/B][/SIZE][B][SIZE=1][B] -quantam leaps, bernstein.[/B][/SIZE][/B]

(thanatos)

[
    'thiscapriciouswhim'
    ]

'grass is greener
    over here'

O.K...Im gonna ask a stupid question.This seems to be the place to get this stupid question answered so here goes..Would there be any benefite to adding benadryl to P.T.?I was just reading this thread and it seems that there is something of a synergistic(sp?) effect.Is that only attainable through I.V. or is it just the combination of the drugs.
    WE HAD A DEATH
    PACT
    I HAVE TO KEEP
    MY HALF OF THE
    BARGAIN.
    PLEASE BURY ME
    PTO

NEXT TO MY BABY.
    BURY ME IN MY
    LEATHER JACKET,
    JEANS AND MOTOR
    CYCLE BOOTS

GOODBYE

Junky libertine will become famous soon enough libertine will become famous soon enough libertine will become famous soon enough libertine will become famous soon enough libertine will become famous soon enough libertine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tch2296 View Post
    Dump half a sleepinal capsule into 1 cc of water, filter, and use that solution to prepare your DOC. The rush will definitely be more intense.
    http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=347773

interesting

Never Looked Back resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol's Avatar
    NY(State), US, Earth (in 4 dimensions [length, width, depth, time]; maybe more beyond perception)

Quote Originally Posted by libertine View Post
    I was gonna mention that but decided not to because I'm afraid people won't practice safe injection procedures while doing this, but the cat was gonna come out of the bag eventually.

It does seem from several BL threads that combining diphenhydramine with buprenorphine via IV injection almost sorta replicates a rush from a real shot of a short-acting full agonist opioid.

Please use a wheel filter if you intend to do this (especially if more than once), don't exceed 200 mg diph in a day, and beware of the law of diminishing returns: I have no doubt it applies DOUBLY to this "bupe workaround" of sorts.

I personally believe it "works" because diph gives a rush via IV all by itself, while the bupe's subtle opioid feel kinda "tricks" one into believing it to feel similar to an opioid only rush.

Certain antihistamines that cross the bbb very effectively are known to be euphoric when introduced into the bloodstream QUICKLY.
    What, is there a pharmacy down there? -- Mia to Babi in Golden Sun while retrieving his Lemurian draught in Altmiller Cave

+ Reply to Thread