Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: prochlorazine/prochlorperazine for nausea

Never Looked Back irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish's Avatar

Default prochlorazine/prochlorperazine for nausea

I was recently given this drug for nausea, though it is apparently also an anti psychotic.
    Has anyone else tried this?
    Does it interact with opiates or benzos in any way I should know about?
    Does it work well for nausea?

I got this drug because I don't have insurance and it is a lot cheaper than a lot of the other nausea drugs on the market. I googled it, but the info was pretty vague, so if anyone else has taken it, I would like to hear about it before I try it.
    irish
    "too many doses and i'm starting to get an attraction" avenged sevenfold
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.
    Violence is rarely the solution, but when it is, it is the only solution.
    If it's worth shooting, it's worth shooting twice.

True Opiophile Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy's Avatar

Default Re: prochlorazine/prochlorperazine for nausea

AKA compazine, an old generation anti-psychotic. I was wary of it at first too, but i was assured that the anti-psychotic doses are way WAY lower than the anti-emetic doses. Works pretty good for nausea, hard to say it if works better than antihistamines but IMO no it does not. Also used for radiation sickness.

I wouldn't worry about the anti-psychosis, and don't quote me on this, but as far as i know there aren't really any interactions you need to worry about.
    "Live on coffee and flowers"

QUEEN B MODERATOR roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust's Avatar

Default Re: prochlorazine/prochlorperazine for nausea

Good info Indy provided. Dose for nausea are around 25mg, dose for use as anti-psychotic are 100+mg. It should work really well, usually better than promethazine (phenergan). If you are not comfortable taking it you could try some Benadryl or Dramamine. Both are OTC and fairly cheap.

..... found that when it got *really* bad, I'd cop, and fuck all that detoxing, whether I'm eating carrots and brown rice, or vodka and cough drops, I've learned only one sure thing about detoxing:
    There Ain't No Free Lunch!.......Originally posted by Duckfeet

+ Reply to Thread