+ Reply to Thread

Thread: l-desoxyephedrine, l-methamphetamine Vicks Inhaler

QUEEN B MODERATOR roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust's Avatar

l-desoxyephedrine, l-methamphetamine Vicks Inhaler

Just something I thought I would bring to the attention of Opiophile who use Vicks Vapor Inhalers or store brand vapor inhalers. The active ingredient in these inhalers is marked on the packages as either l-desoxyephedrine or Levmetamfetamine when in reality it is l-methamphetamine, the "L" form of methamphetamine. They use those other names on the packages to discourage abuse.

The truth of the matter is that heavy use of these inhalers can cause a positive drug screen for methamphetamine. Before you think of using this as an excuse for testing positive for methamphetamine, stop. Most street methamphetamine is either d-methamphetamine of a combo of both l-methamphetamine and d-methamphetamine and positive results can be confirmed with GC/MS.

Thought I would make all Opiophiles who may use these inhalers aware because most likely your PO or PM Doctor isn't going to believe you if this happens to you because as I mentioned above, illicit street methamphetamine CAN contain l-methamphetamine too. I would hate to see anyone lose their meds or possibly go to jail over this. It isn't something that happens all the time or to everyone using these inhalers but it can happen.

http://www.informapharmascience.com/...13?cookieSet=1
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2002...icgames.health

..... found that when it got *really* bad, I'd cop, and fuck all that detoxing, whether I'm eating carrots and brown rice, or vodka and cough drops, I've learned only one sure thing about detoxing:
    There Ain't No Free Lunch!.......Originally posted by Duckfeet

True Opiophile Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy's Avatar

Default Re: l-desoxyephedrine, l-methamphetamine Vicks Inh

Benzedrex inhalers i believe are more enjoyable in general than the L-metamfetamine (weird spelling, like you said to discourage abuse), but people underestimate both of them. I'm not a fan of stimulants though (pseudephedrine i enjoy when i do use it, which is almost never, but that's about as strong as i'd like to get) so i don't really use them.

Would using the product as directed even be enough to fail a drug test? I would imagine they would know from the levels of metabolites in your sample that if it WAS from an inhaler, you would still have been abusing it. not sure about this, could you clarify this a bit? Or anyone, really.
    "Live on coffee and flowers"

OpioNoMo rockbottom is just really nice rockbottom is just really nice rockbottom is just really nice rockbottom is just really nice rockbottom is just really nice rockbottom is just really nice rockbottom is just really nice rockbottom is just really nice rockbottom is just really nice rockbottom is just really nice rockbottom is just really nice

i knew a guy with a mobile speed lab who used the inhalers to extract some type of speed from them--so they have some type of speed in them i also ate a benzedrix inhaler cause someone on here said it was a good speed high --gave me a massive migraine nausea and a pounding heart so there is some potent shit in those inhalers

OpioNoMo Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction

Regarding the "odd" spelling of L-methamphetamine (on the Vics inhalers, it's called L-metamfetamine, like Roxy said).

I understand why they're doing it: because the manufacturers know that people in the general public know now what methamphetamine is. They know it's a very harmful and addictive drug. HOWEVER, I don't think they shoule be allowed to change the spelling just to try to fool the public into thinking it's something different. It's methamphetamine, just like the stuff that drug dealers sell, aside from the fact that this is LEVO-methamphetamine. A completely different isomer. Whereas street meth is all DEXTRO-methamphetamine or (like Roxy said) a combination of the L- and D- kind.

Basically, what they're doing is counting on the stupidity of the general public, or I guess ignorance would be a better term in this sense. I mean, that's all it is. They know that if the label said "L-methamphetamine" and some soccor mom read it, or just anyone in general I guess, that those people wouldn't likely buy the inhalers anymore, and they'd loose money.

The more ethical / educational / better thing to do, in my opinion, would be to put a leaflet in the packaging and something small on the packaging explaining that while Methamphetamine is a dangerous drug, it's only really dangerous when it's the Dextro isomer. I mean, I do think the Levo isomer has minor CNS acitivity, but I think it primarily exerts more effects on the body, like dilating respiratory passages, acts as a decongestant, and raises blood pressure. It doesn't get you high in the same way regular dextro-methamphetamine would (i.e., crystal meth, crank, ice, etc.).

They're basically sort of breaking the law in my mind. I mean, doesn't the FDA require that the manufacturers of products (food, medication, whatever) put the exact contents of ingredients, and active and innactive components to medicines? Spelling it differentl is basically implying it's not the same thing, which it isn't, because it's levo-methamphetamine, and not dextro-methamphetamine, but rather than making that as the distinction, they're changing the name of methamphetamine to metamfetamine to try to fool / confuse people. Doesn't seem right / legal to me.

I understand the majority of the public will be ignorant, closed-minded, and even stupid about drugs, but I think this is going too far. They're basically counting on them being stupid to sell product. They should be made to label the name correctly and then, if they don't want to loose customers, print something small on the packaging about how it's not the same as regular methamphetamine and, possibly, put a leaflet inside the packaging explaining in more detail about the difference between the isomers. Nothing too technical, but just an accurate, simple explanation.

But, other than that, good job on the info to make Opiophiles informed so they know how to best react in this type of situation if they ever encounter it.

Also, I've noticed that the manufacturers of Vyvanse do this exact same thing. The real chemical name is lisdexamphetamine, but they spell it lisdexamfetamine. And I feel it's the same thing as what the Vics people are doing. Trying to sell product by keeping the public stupid / ignorant.

Why in the hell can't they put morphine in water and spell it as Vitamin B. Morphine (er, I mean Vitamin B) enhanced water. Hell, I'd buy that.

QUEEN B MODERATOR roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Benzedrex inhalers i believe are more enjoyable in general than the L-metamfetamine (weird spelling, like you said to discourage abuse), but people underestimate both of them. I'm not a fan of stimulants though (pseudephedrine i enjoy when i do use it, which is almost never, but that's about as strong as i'd like to get) so i don't really use them.

Would using the product as directed even be enough to fail a drug test? I would imagine they would know from the levels of metabolites in your sample that if it WAS from an inhaler, you would still have been abusing it. not sure about this, could you clarify this a bit? Or anyone, really.
    Indy from what I ahve read positives tests were dependent on the which cut-off was used for determing a positive. If the higher cut-off test was used (1000ng/ml) the tests normally came back negative. If the lower cut-of test (300ng/ml) is used it is likely to trigger a positive on the test. I should also add that this is based on heavy use of these inhalers not a single use. Below are some links with some info. The links in my first post had some denet info too.

https://www.firstlab.com/resources1.asp#Amphetamines

It should also be mentioned the l-methamphetamine is a much weaker isomer than d-methamphetamine but it still has some mild CNS stimulant effects.

..... found that when it got *really* bad, I'd cop, and fuck all that detoxing, whether I'm eating carrots and brown rice, or vodka and cough drops, I've learned only one sure thing about detoxing:
    There Ain't No Free Lunch!.......Originally posted by Duckfeet

Occasionally Opiated tao2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by roxi*stardust View Post
    The active ingredient in these inhalers is marked on the packages as either l-desoxyephedrine or Levmetamfetamine when in reality it is l-methamphetamine, the "L" form of methamphetamine. They use those other names on the packages to discourage abuse.
    I had a circle of friends that used to buy quite a few of these inhalers in the early 90's. It seems at that time they were all labled 'l-desoxyephedrine'. I guess this was around the beginning of the most recent speed 'epidemic'. At the time I figured this was to fool people, ephedrine was a common cold med whereas amphetamine was known to be a 'dangerous drug'. I bought one of these a few years ago and noticed the name change to 'levmetamfetamine'. I guess now that ephedrine is also considered to be a 'dangerous drug' they are trying to distance the product from that as well. Changing the spelling of methamphetamine doesn't really seem to achieve that. All you have to do is say 'metamfetamine' out loud and you'll know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom View Post
    i knew a guy with a mobile speed lab who used the inhalers to extract some type of speed from them--so they have some type of speed in them i also ate a benzedrix inhaler cause someone on here said it was a good speed high --gave me a massive migraine nausea and a pounding heart so there is some potent shit in those inhalers
    l-methamphetamine, extracted, and in the right doses can certainly be used recreationally, but with more unwanted side affects and less euphoria than the d.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkotikon View Post
    Basically, what they're doing is counting on the stupidity of the general public, or I guess ignorance would be a better term in this sense. I mean, that's all it is. They know that if the label said "L-methamphetamine" and some soccor mom read it, or just anyone in general I guess, that those people wouldn't likely buy the inhalers anymore, and they'd loose money.
    It surprises me that people wouldn't figure it out, it's so close as to be nearly identical. 'l-desoxyephedrine' seems much more ambiguous to me.

tao2

Jr. Opiophile oxydose is fresh on the scene. oxydose is fresh on the scene. oxydose's Avatar

Default Re: l-desoxyephedrine, l-methamphetamine Vicks Inhaler

I saved my cousin from a parol violation with this before

Prohibition cannot be enforced for the simple reason that the majority of American people do not want it enforced and are resisting its enforcement. That being so, the orderly thing to do under our form of government is to abolish a law which cannot be enforced, a law which the people of the country do not want enforced.
    New York Mayor, 1944
    Fiorello La Guardia

High-Functioning Drug Addict Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops's Avatar

Default Re: l-desoxyephedrine, l-methamphetamine Vicks Inhaler

Man, one time, about 1992, I ate the oily, camphorated mentholated pellet inside one of those Vicks inhalers, got all sorts of jacked up from it. I turned a couple buddies on to it and they loved it too. Only thing was, coming down offa that stuff was horrible. I didn't have any benzo's or anything to come down with, so it pretty much sucked. Oh and the burps it would give you were horrid too.

The little pellet inside is just like a cigarette filter. I found it in my poo about a day later. I mean I could see it in my poo, I wasn't like digging through it looking for it or anything...

Back in the 50's they used to sell Benzedrine inhalers (which is straight up racemic amphetamine), with the same type of preparation. There was folded up paper inside the inhalers coated with menthol and camphor, and the hip kids used to crack open the inhalers and put the paper in coffee, for a night of crazy insane jazz and grass and talking a mile a minute all night long.

All in all, something I'd do once, but never repeat it. It was sorta enjoyable.
    "I have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

- Mark Twain

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

- Yogi Berra

Si non pro pharmacae, me infelix fore.

+ Reply to Thread