+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Solubility of heroin in water?

Opiophile dieselbaby is a name known to all dieselbaby is a name known to all dieselbaby is a name known to all dieselbaby is a name known to all dieselbaby is a name known to all dieselbaby is a name known to all dieselbaby is a name known to all dieselbaby is a name known to all dieselbaby is a name known to all dieselbaby is a name known to all dieselbaby is a name known to all dieselbaby's Avatar

Default Solubility of heroin in water?

I have been looking online for some info but can't find directly what I'm looking for. Normally I do a 1/2 gram shot between my gf and I -- split into 2 x 1 cc syringes. Lately though we have been using the 1/2 cc syringes since that was all they had at the pharmacy. Is all of our dope getting into the solution?

Thanks for any help.

Love,
    Dieselbaby
    Rest in Peace LALifer 7/20/2011. Hope you are entertaining all the good folks in the afterlife my amigo. You shall be very missed.

Never Looked Back pharmboy is a jewel in the rough pharmboy is a jewel in the rough pharmboy is a jewel in the rough pharmboy is a jewel in the rough pharmboy is a jewel in the rough pharmboy is a jewel in the rough pharmboy is a jewel in the rough pharmboy is a jewel in the rough pharmboy's Avatar

Default Re: Solubility of heroin in water?

I was reading an old Merck manual from the 1890s and it listed Morphine

as barely soluble in water . That was surprising to me cuz I thought

Morphine was real soluble in water. It also listed caffine and tannic acid

as morphine antidotes. So a cup of tea may be screwing with your Morphine.

I have been looking into changing morphine Sulphate to Morphine Hydrochloride

so it will have better bioavailability. Any ideas on that would be appreciated.

Later fellow addicts and CPP's

All you need is LOVE and a 134 D Mini - Gun.

** Bring back the 6O's Raise some Hell.**

Opiophile SynthMorph is just really nice SynthMorph is just really nice SynthMorph is just really nice SynthMorph is just really nice SynthMorph is just really nice SynthMorph is just really nice SynthMorph is just really nice SynthMorph is just really nice SynthMorph is just really nice SynthMorph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dieselbaby View Post
    I have been looking online for some info but can't find directly what I'm looking for. Normally I do a 1/2 gram shot between my gf and I -- split into 2 x 1 cc syringes. Lately though we have been using the 1/2 cc syringes since that was all they had at the pharmacy. Is all of our dope getting into the solution?

Thanks for any help.

Love,
    Dieselbaby
    The solubility of heroin is over 500mg per 1ml, it is extremely water soluble. So you could do 250mg in a 1/2 cc syringe no problem as long as its pure and no cuts. Morphine solubility on the other hand is about 50mg-60mg/ml for sulphates and hydrochloride salts. However, the hyrdrochloride has the advantage because solubility goes way up with high temperatures found when cooking up.
    "Who lives longer? The man who takes heroin for two years and dies, or a man who lives on roast beef, water and potatoes 'till 95? One passes his 24 months in eternity. All the years of the beefeater are lived only in time."
    — Aldous Huxley

مغادرة حكايات للأطفال chopstix has disabled reputation chopstix's Avatar

Without any googling, I'd say: is there anything left in the spoon, do you see precipitate as the shot cools? And I assume you rinse your cottons..

Seems common sense to me..
    All posts made under the user account 'Chopstix' are exercises of creative fiction and in no way represent fact or truth. The user account 'Chopstix' is open to multiple authors with a common interest in lawful research and authoring fiction; and as such, no single user is responsible for the entirety of the post content of this account. No content may be reproduced in any form or fashion via any medium whatsoever unless specified with written and notarized permission of the original post author, without exception. Got that? Good! Have a bitchin' day.

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society"
    Krishnamurti

Opiophile Moderator SeVeN has disabled reputation SeVeN's Avatar

Yeh I mean either it all gets sucked up or it doesn't I think. Of course I've been wrong before.
    Tiocfaidh ar la

Trust No One

“It is one of the great joys of home ownership to fire a pistol in one's own bedroom”
    ― Alfred Jarry

“People who boast about their IQ’s are losers.” Stephen Hawking

Never Looked Back pharmboy is a jewel in the rough pharmboy is a jewel in the rough pharmboy is a jewel in the rough pharmboy is a jewel in the rough pharmboy is a jewel in the rough pharmboy is a jewel in the rough pharmboy is a jewel in the rough pharmboy is a jewel in the rough pharmboy's Avatar

Re: Solubility of heroin in water?

Heat and stir , that might help things to dissolve.
    All you need is LOVE and a 134 D Mini - Gun.

** Bring back the 6O's Raise some Hell.**

Occasionally Opiated TusmackAZ will become famous soon enough TusmackAZ will become famous soon enough TusmackAZ will become famous soon enough TusmackAZ will become famous soon enough TusmackAZ will become famous soon enough

Hey choptix, i cold-cook my shots and if i let it sit for a bit, there is A LOT of precipitate in the rig. I still get off no problem, but would warm-cooking do any difference as far as the high goes? I use cottons too, so that isnt the problem, and ive been doin it this way for a year and a half or longer.

So yea, will there be any big difference when i get off?

Jr. Opiophile pinn3d is just really nice pinn3d is just really nice pinn3d is just really nice pinn3d is just really nice pinn3d is just really nice pinn3d is just really nice pinn3d is just really nice pinn3d is just really nice pinn3d's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pharmboy View Post

I was reading an old Merck manual from the 1890s and it listed Morphine

as barely soluble in water . That was surprising to me cuz I thought

Morphine was real soluble in water. It also listed caffine and tannic acid

as morphine antidotes. So a cup of tea may be screwing with your Morphine.

I have been looking into changing morphine Sulphate to Morphine Hydrochloride

so it will have better bioavailability. Any ideas on that would be appreciated.

Later fellow addicts and CPP's

I find caffeine to have a positive- synergistic effect with morphine, IME.....I guess it could be an antidote to nodding off.... but I feel like it helps the morphine .....

"But now a great thing in the street
    Seems any human nod,
    Where shift in strange democracy
    The million masks of God."
    -G.K. Chesterton

Opiophile simfromstoke is a glorious beacon of light simfromstoke is a glorious beacon of light simfromstoke is a glorious beacon of light simfromstoke is a glorious beacon of light simfromstoke is a glorious beacon of light simfromstoke is a glorious beacon of light simfromstoke is a glorious beacon of light simfromstoke is a glorious beacon of light simfromstoke is a glorious beacon of light simfromstoke is a glorious beacon of light simfromstoke is a glorious beacon of light simfromstoke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TusmackAZ View Post
    Hey choptix, i cold-cook my shots and if i let it sit for a bit, there is A LOT of precipitate in the rig. I still get off no problem, but would warm-cooking do any difference as far as the high goes? I use cottons too, so that isnt the problem, and ive been doin it this way for a year and a half or longer.

So yea, will there be any big difference when i get off?

*joke-

give ME all your dirty spoons and cottons mate. i'll personally go thru them all and make sure that there's no heroin left in them....

-sim

oh and fyi..in europe we have to use citric acid to cook up a shot. theres never any precipitate left on the spoon. it all magically dissolves into the lovely liquid...mmmmmm, nice..

I fucking hope you're not cold shooting tar - a lot of people cold shoot SA/SEA #4 but not cooking tar is dumb: it's part donkey poop and pinto beans.

I've had tar shots that start to separate out in the rig if you let them sit - is that what you're talking about? If the sediment/precipitate doesn't re-dissolve by shaking the rig, I would re-filter it.

Use big cottons, you're not gonna lose any dope..
    All posts made under the user account 'Chopstix' are exercises of creative fiction and in no way represent fact or truth. The user account 'Chopstix' is open to multiple authors with a common interest in lawful research and authoring fiction; and as such, no single user is responsible for the entirety of the post content of this account. No content may be reproduced in any form or fashion via any medium whatsoever unless specified with written and notarized permission of the original post author, without exception. Got that? Good! Have a bitchin' day.

Krishnamurti

Occasionally Opiated TusmackAZ will become famous soon enough TusmackAZ will become famous soon enough TusmackAZ will become famous soon enough TusmackAZ will become famous soon enough TusmackAZ will become famous soon enough

it re-dissolves after shaking, and i use big cottons.

And no, theres NO precipate left in my spoons, i get it all. I dissolves nicely without heat and theres nothing left but the cotton.

I usually get the mex-brown powder and occasionally tar, but it all dissolves fine just seperates in the rig. like i said, NOTHING BUT COTTON left in the spoon

Cook that shit - you never know how many different assholes that shit has been in - no pun intended..

Krishnamurti

Ive been doing it cold for damn near two years, with no abcesses or what not, but ill give it a whirl again. I started out hot cooking but i found veins dissapeared faster if i hot cooked. Weird huh?

Opiophile simfromstoke is a glorious beacon of light simfromstoke is a glorious beacon of light simfromstoke is a glorious beacon of light simfromstoke is a glorious beacon of light simfromstoke is a glorious beacon of light simfromstoke is a glorious beacon of light simfromstoke is a glorious beacon of light simfromstoke is a glorious beacon of light simfromstoke is a glorious beacon of light simfromstoke is a glorious beacon of light simfromstoke is a glorious beacon of light simfromstoke's Avatar

@ Tusmack..

how can you let smack sit for a while while it dissolves..?
    about 2 seconds after purchasing any ammount of gear, im fucking ITCHING to get it up my arm (clucking or not).

i could never sit there and just leave it, and oh go watch a bit of tv, then go out and clean the car then come back in and go on-line for a bit..then whatever..

it'd drive me insane!

The second i got that foil wrap or ball or whatever in my sweaty palm, my heart is racing and im lookin for somewhere to cook it up quick and get it up my arm ASAFP..

gosh you must be patient..

i go on hyper-alert looking for a place to shoot-up immediately after buying anything from half a bag to half an oz..(but i love it cause its all part of the fun of being a junky innit..)

LOL! Well, actually im the most impatient person in the world. I dive into my gram as soon as its in my works area, make the shot for me and my girl, and get right. Then, after im a bit more coherent i make the rest and set them aside so i can just grab and go, so to speak.

That, is why they sit around for maybe... 12 hours tops? 5 nice dark shots for me and 5 for my girl from a G. And shes on 80mg, and im on 60mg methadone a day, and we still feel ALL of them. I guess i got lucky with my mexicans. I firmly believe that the stuff i get is probly the best mexican stuff in town, seeing as how it breaks through all that done and my massive tolerance EVERY time. Between me and my woman, we spend 50 bucks a day and are happy and high all day and night. I feel kinda lucky

sorry to go off topic, just kinda had to explain WHY i can leave loaded rigs aside for a bit.

LOL! Well, actually im the most impatient person in the world. I dive into my gram as soon as its in my works area, make the shot for me and my girl, and get right. Then, after im a bit more coherent i make the rest and set them aside so i can just grab and go, so to speak.

That, is why they sit around for maybe... 12 hours tops? 5 nice dark shots for me and 5 for my girl from a G. And shes on 80mg, and im on 60mg methadone a day, and we still feel ALL of them. I guess i got lucky with my mexicans. I firmly believe that the stuff i get is probly the best mexican stuff in town, seeing as how it breaks through all that done and my massive tolerance EVERY time. Between me and my woman, we spend 50 bucks a day and are happy and high all day and night. I feel kinda lucky

sorry to go off topic, just kinda had to explain WHY i can leave loaded rigs aside for a bit.

i do the same -with leaving loaded pins around. lol
    however its normaly when ive got like under half a G left. i'll split it in to 2 or if im broke, 3 shots and have one there and then, one after tea, and one to go to bed on...
    you gotta hav a nightcappa..
    and if ive got like a load of gear ill cook my morning shot up, the night before, im SO impatient its saves me all of 2 minutes in the morning.. but its SO nice to wake up first thing, and see your shot already prepped and ready for action...
    its betta than morning sex sometimes..LOL!!

Lol yeaap, those two minutes of cold, shaky, bowel bursting hell are well avoided every morning on this side of the pond as well. Its been at least a year since i didnt have a fat wake up for myself and me lady.

We usually score around 4-5 pm, do our afterworks, have a little snack, watch the tube and snooze, wake up, take another, snuggle up and talk or watch our shows, maybe snooze again, then our bedtime darkie (dark ass shot, what we call it) and then our wake up darkie and off to work. Score, and repeat process. Oh, were also on methadone, so after our morning darkness its off to the clinic, lol...

+ Reply to Thread