Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Missed my vein went through now swollen a bit

Occasionally Opiated Lucidness is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Missed my vein went through now swollen a bit

I was injecting some oxy into my arm and halfway through I guess I moved and it went through my vein and I put about 30 units into the part of arm where it bends on the inside of my elbow. Its swollen and sore about an hour after? Am I in trouble what should I do?

I've always done IM instead of IV. Because of my shaky hands. the swollen area is about the size of a quarter and about 1/4 inch high!

Thanks in advance.

And guys sorry if this thread has been done. I tried searching but I either used incorrect terminology or misspelt. IM has always treated me well, but I felt like IVing for a quicker rush. I used to do steroids so know the ins and outs of IM but not IV.
    Last edited by Lucidness; 01-01-2009 at 06:48 PM.

Opiophile Moderator SeVeN has disabled reputation SeVeN's Avatar

Default Re: Missed my vein went through now swollen a bit

Well pretty much never IM pills. Second, yup sound like you missed. Try eating or plugging OC. IV'ing OC seems so pointless to me ever since I did it and thought it sucked ass.

You should be fine but watch it nad if it gets very swollen, sore, and/or especially pussie (not pussy) you should go to the Doctor.
    Tiocfaidh ar la

Trust No One

“It is one of the great joys of home ownership to fire a pistol in one's own bedroom”
    ― Alfred Jarry

“People who boast about their IQ’s are losers.” Stephen Hawking

Opiophorum Member Kristy85 will become famous soon enough Kristy85 will become famous soon enough Kristy85 will become famous soon enough Kristy85 will become famous soon enough Kristy85's Avatar

Get some ice on that shit............... and I hope it's feeling better!!!

I've only ever missed using h or crack/coke but I bet it's pretty much the same as. Maybe if it's real bad go to the dr but defo try an ice pack first.

OpioNoMo ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice
    Right ther right ther (aka midcoast Maine)

Yup, what they said, never IM pills even if u've used a wheel filter, all that shit sits in ur body and doesn't go anywhere, practice makes perfect, u can hit a vein unless u've been bangin coke and meth for 10+ years, other than tar I've found that h isn't that rough on the veins, and I've used countless pills IV'd, it's still not good, but at least when u IV the particles hvae somewhere to go.

Opiophorum Member Raekwon is an unknown quantity at this point Raekwon's Avatar

Ive missed before when shooting Roxis it hurts like a bitch and swells up for a couple of hours before going back down. Put a hot compress on it and clean it with some alcohol and everything should be fine.

OpioNoMo SHELLEY is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) SHELLEY is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) SHELLEY is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) SHELLEY is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) SHELLEY is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) SHELLEY is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) SHELLEY is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) SHELLEY is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) SHELLEY is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) SHELLEY is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) SHELLEY is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome)

well if ya keep shooting, ya won't notice the swelling in a couple hrs

Occasionally Opiated Lucidness is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone direct me to a guide with pictures of some of the more common veins to use? feet hands and other places please? preferably somewher I can use both hands because I am naturally shaky and if I have both hands free it helps alot!!

Thanks to everyone for all your help, I was pretty scared but now feel loads better!!!

Jr. Opiophile havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok's Avatar

Put a hot compress on the area where you missed the shot. That means to get a rag and soak it in the hottest possible water you can get. Then press the hot rag onto the area where you missed. It should be so hot that you can barely stand to keep the compress on.

Also, why do you normally IM pills? First of all, its not good for you, and secondly, you don't get the rush. The only reason I ever IM is when I can't hit a vein.

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeN View Post
    Well pretty much never IM pills. Second, yup sound like you missed. Try eating or plugging OC. IV'ing OC seems so pointless to me ever since I did it and thought it sucked ass.

You should be fine but watch it nad if it gets very swollen, sore, and/or especially pussie (not pussy) you should go to the Doctor.
    In my opinion, shooting OC is way better than eating or pluggin it.

LIFETIME MEMBER Duckfeet is one bad motherfucker Duckfeet is one bad motherfucker Duckfeet is one bad motherfucker Duckfeet is one bad motherfucker Duckfeet is one bad motherfucker Duckfeet is one bad motherfucker Duckfeet is one bad motherfucker Duckfeet is one bad motherfucker Duckfeet is one bad motherfucker Duckfeet is one bad motherfucker Duckfeet is one bad motherfucker Duckfeet's Avatar

If you IM pills, tar...or even most crappy powder heroin,,,u'll eventually get abcess, and that sucks...it may *seem* safer, but muscles are worse than veins for all kinds of reasons...and yeah, it sounds like you just missed the vein, no biggee w/pills...w/tar it can be a problem...you'll probably be o.k., take a hot shower, maybe some of it'll leak into your muscles and you'll get a buzz!...well, probably not, but I"m pretty delusional when it comes to dope, and when I miss I always hope I'll get lucky..."Maybe It's Just a Skin Pop!!!" is what we used to say about misses...before most of you were born....
    And if I laugh at any mortal thing, 'Tis that I may not weep.
    --Byron

OpioNoMo litetite420 is an unknown quantity at this point

Re: Missed my vein went through now swollen a bit

i am a snorter of h and oxy but ive been slammin before and started more we got some 100 mg morphs and shit but i can never get a vein myself a friend always has to but anyway i got the morph and wanted to slam so i tryed by myself in my hand thinking that was easiest well i missed and my fucking top of hand was all swollon like weird i could totally tell the shit was there but it didnt hurt that bad and when i woke up the next morn it was gone thank god!!! i guess thats why i always have someone do it for me

Never Looked Back RxQueen has conned a lot of people to get this much rep RxQueen has conned a lot of people to get this much rep RxQueen has conned a lot of people to get this much rep RxQueen has conned a lot of people to get this much rep RxQueen has conned a lot of people to get this much rep RxQueen has conned a lot of people to get this much rep RxQueen has conned a lot of people to get this much rep RxQueen has conned a lot of people to get this much rep RxQueen has conned a lot of people to get this much rep RxQueen has conned a lot of people to get this much rep RxQueen has conned a lot of people to get this much rep RxQueen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidness View Post
    Can anyone direct me to a guide with pictures of some of the more common veins to use? feet hands and other places please? preferably somewher I can use both hands because I am naturally shaky and if I have both hands free it helps alot!!

Thanks to everyone for all your help, I was pretty scared but now feel loads better!!!
    yeah, you want to avoid IM with pills. if your hands are really that shaky, are you sure that needles are the way to go for you?

having said that, i know that you'll do what you wanna do. hell, i did. check out our harm reduction subforum... you'll be able to see other threads from folks who fucked up a shot or 3, and what they did about it. and here's a link to a thread that links you to a GREAT site for new IVer's to check out. read that, then just start googling "harm reduction" or "intravenous drug use" or stuff like that. there are guides written up out there to keep noobs from damaging themselves any more than necessary!
    http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=18550
    "On my gravestone, I want to say 'I told you I was sick.' Achievement is for senators and scholars. At one time I had ambitions but I had them removed by a doctor in Buffalo." ~Tom Waits

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else!

I hate people who think it's clever to take drugs -- like customs officials.

Opiophile Moderator Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy's Avatar

Well there was one chart i had seen a while back that was really good, but i can't find it. It might be on the boards somewhere, hell if i know where it is or what to search for though.

Still i found another one that's pretty good, though it isn't quite as detailed, that shows the veins and arteries with the veins labeled. Here you go:

http://www.needleexchange.co.nz/vein_chart.htm

i'd print it out, but if you do, make sure you it's with a decent quality, it might blur otherwise.

edit-

i'm actually reading that "getting off right" pdf, it seems really helpful.
    Last edited by Indy; 01-01-2009 at 11:22 PM.
    "Live on coffee and flowers"

Don't you generally not want to IV around your hands? A friend of mine always told me that it was a lot riskier to shoot around your hand/wrist, Because you have a bigger chance of hitting a major artery or something to that extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
    Don't you generally not want to IV around your hands? A friend of mine always told me that it was a lot riskier to shoot around your hand/wrist, Because you have a bigger chance of hitting a major artery or something to that extent.
    i dont know i seen it on some dr phil about a family on herion and im real shakey and shit i can never do it anyway my friends always do it, i will def stick to them doing it in the future and just snort if i cant shoot

Quote Originally Posted by litetite420 View Post
    i dont know i seen it on some dr phil about a family on herion and im real shakey and shit i can never do it anyway my friends always do it, i will def stick to them doing it in the future and just snort if i cant shoot
    You just gotta get the hang of it, I used to be all shakey when i first tried to shoot up but then i started calming down/not shaking so much. Make sure your not sick when your trying to shoot up either! shaky and sweaty trying to hit a vein is the worst feeling ever.

LIFETIME MEMBER Duckfeet is one bad motherfucker Duckfeet is one bad motherfucker Duckfeet is one bad motherfucker Duckfeet is one bad motherfucker Duckfeet is one bad motherfucker Duckfeet is one bad motherfucker Duckfeet is one bad motherfucker Duckfeet is one bad motherfucker Duckfeet is one bad motherfucker Duckfeet is one bad motherfucker Duckfeet is one bad motherfucker Duckfeet's Avatar

Most people I know who fix in hands, it's simply because they've lost easier to hit veins...no veins are actually *good* to inject in...it's just Harm Reduction...but no serious opiate addict is going to give a shit...if they have a vein left on their body, whether it's hands, ankles, or neck....it'll be used...

I hate fixing in hands too, but whatcha gonne do?

Worst for me, now, is when I have to give docs blood, u know: last time it tood V.A. nurse *five* times to find vein on top of my hand...it really does suck...
    --Byron

i might try again if i ever get another needle and have the shit to do it i havent had anything in like a week but i had 12 suboxones so i skipped the sickness i seem to be doing good everyday not getting sick and ive been sleeping good too , just wonder how long that will last and i still get antsy like thinking about it and posting and stuff makes me want to do some h so fucking bad but i just lost my job so im broke (part of whyh i havent done anything in a week) so when i get a new job im sure ill be scoring something with that first check hahahaha

Never Looked Back JayTrizzle is just really nice JayTrizzle is just really nice JayTrizzle is just really nice JayTrizzle is just really nice JayTrizzle is just really nice JayTrizzle is just really nice JayTrizzle is just really nice JayTrizzle is just really nice JayTrizzle is just really nice JayTrizzle is just really nice JayTrizzle is just really nice JayTrizzle's Avatar

I get thees when I miss with tar a lot, to the point of thinking i had permanently fucked up my arm. The best thing to cope with it, ice it/heat it (most people are either or, I personally like heat more than ice), and RUB THE FUCK OUT OF IT. I know it hurts, but i've had small ones where I caught it really quick and they ended up being sdmall so i left it alone, and then I've had some tar strong enough (when I first started using) that missing (skin popping more or less) "felt" kind of like I must have done it right because I got somewhat high (this is until of course i learned how to hit my good vein every time, once that happened I KNEW the difference). Anway, yeah the ones I left alone usually took about a week or so to go away, and if I went home, used the other arm, registered and got rushed, I could sit on the porch for a while with some smokes, drink a nice dark beer, and rub the fuck out of my arm, and usually with rubbing and heat, they would go away in about two-three days. I'm just assuming that these were sore spots in my arm though, I don't think I ever actually got an abscess, as nothing ever rose out of the skin/felt abnormal, it just got really stiff and hurt like hell. Hope this helps, bro, that shit sucks, I know.

Health Professional candy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) candy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) candy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) candy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) candy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) candy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) candy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) candy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) candy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) candy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) candy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) candy's Avatar

If it is a missed shot...put heat on it. It will absorb faster if it is a missed shot!
    I don't want to be no patch on no quilt
    (I just want to see...)
    Tear-stained stitching linking memories to guilt
    (I just want to see...)
    I don't want to be no hair on no wall
    (I just want to see...)
    Blood-stained note saying fuck you all
    (I just want to see what kills me)

Tommy, are you ready we better head to town
    J.D.'s box is waiting to be lowered down
    and you know how he hates to be kept waiting 'round

I don't want to be no chalk line drawing
    (I just want to see...)
    Toe-tagged question mark, until identifying
    (I just want to see...)
    I don't want to fuse with no economy seat
    (I just want to see...)
    fuel some fireball at 30,000 feet

Tommy, did you catch his face
    before they closed the lid?
    I swear I saw him wink once and flash me that old grin
    Oh, you know, that would be just like him

I don't want to face no hollow-eyed ending
    (I just want to see...)
    Loved ones buried, empty days of waiting

Tommy, darling, come to bed
    we'll try and sleep away this sadness
    These memories, too, are bound to die
    so our dreams will have to serve us
    Tomorrow may be the day that our love betrays us

OpioNoMo ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice
    Right ther right ther (aka midcoast Maine)

I don't know how generally safe it is, but top of the feet have some good veins, on me anyways, they hurt like hell tho.

Jr. Opiophile Deadfiend will become famous soon enough Deadfiend will become famous soon enough Deadfiend will become famous soon enough Deadfiend's Avatar
    Tri-State . Latitude 41.08N Longitude 85.11W (Elev.764 ft)

Pills suck more and more to shoot, I have seen more thread then ever saying shit like I shot this ill now my arm, vein, hand, is fucked up now, its not like back in the anymore when the shit woulld just brake down and thats it, it all gels and timeX's and other shit in em fucking people up, pillr hit to shit anymore. has just my 2-cents, good luck and be fucking careful.....
    Little Bill: You'd be William Munny out of Missouri. Killer of women and children!

Will Munny: That's right. I've killed women and children. I've killed just about everything that walks or crawled at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you!
    -Unforgiven

Never Looked Back I-Nod is a glorious beacon of light I-Nod is a glorious beacon of light I-Nod is a glorious beacon of light I-Nod is a glorious beacon of light I-Nod is a glorious beacon of light I-Nod is a glorious beacon of light I-Nod is a glorious beacon of light I-Nod is a glorious beacon of light I-Nod is a glorious beacon of light I-Nod is a glorious beacon of light I-Nod is a glorious beacon of light I-Nod's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
    Right on. You also stand a bigger chance of hitting nerves (possibly causing permanent damage), which are closer to the surface and tend to be relatively close to usable veins. Haven't hit a nerve yet, knock on wood... but man, that has GOT to hurt!!! :eek:
    ~Give man a mask, then he will show you his true face.~

Departed Opiophile losangeleslifer has conned a lot of people to get this much rep losangeleslifer has conned a lot of people to get this much rep losangeleslifer has conned a lot of people to get this much rep losangeleslifer has conned a lot of people to get this much rep losangeleslifer has conned a lot of people to get this much rep losangeleslifer has conned a lot of people to get this much rep losangeleslifer has conned a lot of people to get this much rep losangeleslifer has conned a lot of people to get this much rep losangeleslifer has conned a lot of people to get this much rep losangeleslifer has conned a lot of people to get this much rep losangeleslifer has conned a lot of people to get this much rep losangeleslifer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ka11ink View Post
    I don't know how generally safe it is, but top of the feet have some good veins, on me anyways, they hurt like hell tho.
    Big fat rollers.

Jr. Opiophile nycjrt is just really nice nycjrt is just really nice nycjrt is just really nice nycjrt is just really nice nycjrt is just really nice nycjrt is just really nice nycjrt is just really nice nycjrt is just really nice nycjrt is just really nice nycjrt is just really nice nycjrt is just really nice nycjrt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by losangeleslifer View Post
    Big fat rollers.
    yep- hard to get a grip on and then i always suffer the worst histamine reaction- pain/pins and needles shooting up leg, swollen foot, etc. - however very tempting when all my other veins are hiding and those suckers are popping out, and my body is begging for a hit (like when sick in the morning)

Yup: those were great veins...but they seem to disappear quickly and cause all kinds of problems when I miss or fuck, just doing tar down there causes many problems...but they are pretty much gone too, and never did seem to last as long as main ditches...
    Quote Originally Posted by ka11ink View Post
    That's right...and it *does* hurt...but u get used to that too, as u put up w/pain of hitting nerves and all kinds of shit...plus half the time, the veins are so small, that halfway into the shot...u start to miss, and like any good junky, I think "maybe it's not a miss" and waste most of it, and have a golfball on my hand...and at this point, in old days, we'd say: "Oh, this will just be a 'skin pop'" ...I'll probably *still* get high!!! Right. Tops of hands and neck veins are usually endstage junky life...and I'm sadly there....
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Nod View Post
    Right on. You also stand a bigger chance of hitting nerves (possibly causing permanent damage), which are closer to the surface and tend to be relatively close to usable veins. Haven't hit a nerve yet, knock on wood... but man, that has GOT to hurt!!! :eek:
    --Byron

Never Looked Back Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duckfeet View Post
    Yup: those were great veins...but they seem to disappear quickly and cause all kinds of problems when I miss or fuck, just doing tar down there causes many problems...but they are pretty much gone too, and never did seem to last as long as main ditches...

That's right...and it *does* hurt...but u get used to that too, as u put up w/pain of hitting nerves and all kinds of shit...plus half the time, the veins are so small, that halfway into the shot...u start to miss, and like any good junky, I think "maybe it's not a miss" and waste most of it, and have a golfball on my hand...and at this point, in old days, we'd say: "Oh, this will just be a 'skin pop'" ...I'll probably *still* get high!!! Right. Tops of hands and neck veins are usually endstage junky life...and I'm sadly there....
    Reading this I'm so glad I quit the whole IV-thing.. I mean, it was great while it lasted. Wonderful highs.. but then the first OD tiptoed into my life.. after 16 years of daily use, BANG! Out of nowhere you're in a hospital watching your own heart beat on a monitor, trying to survive.. .. and next my arms were all wasted and I got a collapsed vein - which doesn't look hot in a T-shirt..
    Then it was on to my feet and hands and I know all about those golfballs you mentioned, hated those. Hated all those moments I sat down, almost screaming in frustration as every hit was a miss.. and blood was everywhere, dope wasted, rig clogged.. all my savings gone into a dark bottomless pit.
    I relapsed a few times since I quit but never went back to IV again.
    Although I must admit that there is not one rush that is comparable to an IV-one.. sadly..

Health Professional candy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) candy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) candy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) candy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) candy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) candy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) candy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) candy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) candy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) candy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) candy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) candy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I-Nod View Post
    The top of the hands are OK to hit. Generally the rule should be to stay away from the lower extremities like the legs and feet because of decrease in circulation. The hands and arms is where you should hit. But in the real world after those veins are gone, we move on to the other veins we can find. The vein in the wrist is OK if you can see it.(That is my general rule) Arterial vein in the wrist is deeper and harder to hit, but don't go searching around if you cannot see the vein in your wrist!

If you get that bloom of blood and you think your in the vein, push slowly and see how it feels first. If nothing go for it. If you get resistance or it hurts try pulling back on the needle just a bit to see if you went through the vein or you may be up against the wall of the vein. If pulling back gets no blood bloom then pull out and find another spot. Don't waste your dope and a swollen arm or hand by injecting in that spot.

Using a dull needle will also lead to blown veins, scars, and abscesses(from fluid from a missed shot)

And hitting a nerve does hurt something fierce!

For a missed shot, use a warm compress to help your body absorb the fluid and for bruises, use cold!
    I don't want to be no patch on no quilt
    (I just want to see...)
    Tear-stained stitching linking memories to guilt
    (I just want to see...)
    I don't want to be no hair on no wall
    (I just want to see...)
    Blood-stained note saying fuck you all

Tommy, are you ready we better head to town
    J.D.'s box is waiting to be lowered down
    and you know how he hates to be kept waiting 'round

I don't want to be no chalk line drawing