Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone know how to convert GBL -> GHB?

Never Looked Back Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy's Avatar

Default Anyone know how to convert GBL -> GHB?

I've been reading that GHB is less addictive and a more managable high than GBL, ie a less steep dose/response curve, meaning that there's less chance of inadvertantly putting yourself to sleep with GHB.

I've read that all you need to do is add the correct ammount of Sodium hydroxide to the GBL and it will react much like the old baking soda / vinegar we all did back at school. My question is how much Sodium hydroxide would one use? I'm geussing one could add it slowly until the visable reaction stops but this is obviously a pretty crude way of doing it. Has anyone tried this? I hope to have an answer in the next 4 hours so thanks in advance.

Never Looked Back resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol has much to be proud of resorcinol's Avatar
    NY(State), US, Earth (in 4 dimensions [length, width, depth, time]; maybe more beyond perception)

Default Re: Anyone know how to convert GBL -> GHB?

Well first, you'd want to put the GBL you're gonna react in aqueous solution. Then, it's simple hydrolysis, as you said. Thing is, the reaction is invisible, and I'm not sure of the stochiometry of the reaction. Somebody with that knowledge will need to step in.

Preferably use reagent grade NaOH if you choose to make NaGHB. Keep in mind KOH or MgOH can be substituted to create KGHB or MgGHB, respectively. I think it's also possible to use carbonates of those metals as the base, but the ratio would be different. Again, I'm not sure of the stoichiometry of this reaction. And if you're using a strong base as the hydrolysis agent... believe me, you DON'T wanna use too much! It'd be better to use too little and leave some GBL unreacted than use too much and have causic soda in your product.

After hydrolysis is done, you'd evap to get your metal GHB salt.
    What, is there a pharmacy down there? -- Mia to Babi in Golden Sun while retrieving his Lemurian draught in Altmiller Cave

Never Looked Back Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy's Avatar

Thanks. Someone's gone ahead & tried it, bought some 98% pure NaOH with no problems & some litmus paper. GBL is in aqueous solution (only exists in soln. I think) - added equal (6ml) parts GBL & tap water and approx .5g NaOH. The resulting solution was approx PH9. Would this be safe to take diluted with orange juice?

My experiment was a success. I managed to score some more G to neautralise my concoction. Didn't have the time or patience to evaporate it to a powder but dosing liquid hits faster I guess. Just tasted salty, I can handle that. And the effect was noticibly different to GBL, more subtle and less nausia. So easy!

robojunkie

GBL is an industrial solvent available at up to 99% purity. It is a lactone, quite stable and as was said easily base hydrolized.

However this is utterly unnecessary as it is rapidly hydrolized anyway to the salt in vivo.

Never Looked Back Tea Time is one bad motherfucker Tea Time is one bad motherfucker Tea Time is one bad motherfucker Tea Time is one bad motherfucker Tea Time is one bad motherfucker Tea Time is one bad motherfucker Tea Time is one bad motherfucker Tea Time is one bad motherfucker Tea Time is one bad motherfucker Tea Time is one bad motherfucker Tea Time is one bad motherfucker Tea Time's Avatar

There really isn't much of a reason to convert GBL to GHB. GBL is more fat soluble so it is absorbed much more quickly and it also has a better availability than GHB. It is also very strange in that even though GBL is a pro-drug of GHB, it has a faster onset. It is more potent than GHB when compared weight-to-weight, it has a faster onset, and lasts just as long as GHB.

As easy as it is to convert GBL to GHB, I never really saw a reason to do so. Just my opinion though...
    Morals get flexible like gymnastics
    Especially when you're after that next fix...

RIP Chemboy 06/12/2013
    See you on the other side...

Never Looked Back SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tea Time View Post
    There really isn't much of a reason to convert GBL to GHB. GBL is more fat soluble so it is absorbed much more quickly and it also has a better availability than GHB. It is also very strange in that even though GBL is a pro-drug of GHB, it has a faster onset. It is more potent than GHB when compared weight-to-weight, it has a faster onset, and lasts just as long as GHB.

As easy as it is to convert GBL to GHB, I never really saw a reason to do so. Just my opinion though...
    i"ve had both and have to agree other than the novelty of doing it i see no reasosn to bother< they"re definatly different but GBL not particularly hard to over do it w/ unless you start adding in lots of benzos or barbs Just dose a ml every half hour or so ( maybe fortyfive mins or an hour if your really worried about it) untill your as zombied as you want to be

FREE RoboJunkie

/Broken and battered/

Never Looked Back Tea Time is one bad motherfucker Tea Time is one bad motherfucker Tea Time is one bad motherfucker Tea Time is one bad motherfucker Tea Time is one bad motherfucker Tea Time is one bad motherfucker Tea Time is one bad motherfucker Tea Time is one bad motherfucker Tea Time is one bad motherfucker Tea Time is one bad motherfucker Tea Time is one bad motherfucker Tea Time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJunky View Post
    i"ve had both and have to agree other than the novelty of doing it i see no reasosn to bother< they"re definatly different but GBL not particularly hard to over do it w/ unless you start adding in lots of benzos or barbs Just dose a ml every half hour or so ( maybe fortyfive mins or an hour if your really worried about it) untill your as zombied as you want to be
    Yup. I agree completely. Whether you use GBL or GHB, you should be very careful and try to avoid benzos, barbs, alcohol, etc. just to be on the safe side. I can't remember if this applies to both GHB and GBL or just GBL, but a person can be even more susceptible to OD'ing if they drink while taking GBL. Obviously that goes for both GHB and GBL, but I think that alcohol affects the way that GBL is metabolized more than it affects GHB.

For those that don't understand how it all works, both GBL and alcohol are metabolized by the same enzymes. When those enzymes are preoccupied by alcohol, they can not break down the GBL...causing the effects to be slightly stronger and last longer. It is similar to the way that grapefruit juice (or cimetidine) affects opiates or benzos.

It can also take longer for a person to feel the effects of GBL. This delayed onset can be dangerous and deceptive because it could cause the person to think that their dose of GBL was too low...if they redose there is the possibility of ingesting too much and OD'ing. It really is best to try to avoid alcohol when taking GHB and/or GBL.
    Morals get flexible like gymnastics
    Especially when you're after that next fix...

RIP Chemboy 06/12/2013
    See you on the other side...

Quote Originally Posted by robojunkie View Post
    GBL is an industrial solvent available at up to 99% purity. It is a lactone, quite stable and as was said easily base hydrolized.

However this is utterly unnecessary as it is rapidly hydrolized anyway to the salt in vivo.

I've been doing plenty of research on this stuff and the general consensus is that ghb is easier on the body, harder to OD on, less addictive, and has less severe withdrawals. Swim's a druggy, and with such easy access to this drug swim wants to make it as safe as possible as he has a tendency to go overboard on things. With an abundance of a good thing he's likely to want to give it a good thrashing every day until it's gone so I've advised swim to use the less addictive salt version (as price and quantity arent a concern), rather than the more toxic solvent version.

+ Reply to Thread