Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Methadone kill effects of Lortab after 1-2 days of use??

Never Looked Back HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates's Avatar

Default Methadone kill effects of Lortab after 1-2 days of use??

Ok, I took a 40mg wafer at about 2pm one day and 20mg at about 10pm. The next 2-3 days I felt nothing off my regular dose of Lortab 10's. Does Methadone stay in your system that long and block Lortab effects that long?? That totally sucks ass man.... Like a waste of tabs.

Never Looked Back shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Methadone kill effects of Lortab after 1-2 days of use??

Quote Originally Posted by HandMeSomeOpiates
    Ok, I took a 40mg wafer at about 2pm one day and 20mg at about 10pm. The next 2-3 days I felt nothing off my regular dose of Lortab 10's. Does Methadone stay in your system that long and block Lortab effects that long?? That totally sucks ass man.... Like a waste of tabs.
    FUCK YEAH!!!!

Methadone comapred to hydrocodone is like comparing a butchers knife to a butter knife. Methadone is so much stronger and longer lasting than plain ol hydrocodone. I seriously cant even feel hydro's any more, unless I take about 15 of em. I would stick to the hydro and get as much pleasure outta it as you still can. Dont move from hydro to methadone, your jumping over all the fun stuff and moving to dangerous ground.
    Like taking the hair off a monkey.........dont try this at home

Never Looked Back HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates's Avatar

But how long until the Methadone gets outta your system??? I mean I don't take Methadone regularly just every now and then. When will I be able to feel euphoria from the Vicodin???

Thanks

Health Professional candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy's Avatar

For severe pain, the usual dose of methadone is 2.5 to 10mg every 4 hours. While it's duration is about 4-6 hours, when taken in higher doses as you did, 60mg in one day, the duration can be more than 24 hours and even in some folks as long as 48 hours. That is not saying that after 48 hours one can still feel the effects of the drug.
    You may want to give it another day.

Never Looked Back shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about

But how long until the Methadone gets outta your system??? I mean I don't take Methadone regularly just every now and then. When will I be able to feel euphoria from the Vicodin???

Thanks
    I havnt felt euphoria from vicodin since the first day I decided to move onto bigger opies. Literally, the day after I first tried black, I took a couple of vics like I always did, and I felt them, but no euphoria. Euphoria is a feeling of pleasure, and methadones euphoria is a lot stronger than hydrocodones euphoria. Once you climb up that ladder of euphoria, the lower rungs dissapear never to be seen again............

Never Looked Back ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by candy
    For severe pain, the usual dose of methadone is 2.5 to 10mg every 4 hours. While it's duration is about 4-6 hours, when taken in higher doses as you did, 60mg in one day, the duration can be more than 24 hours and even in some folks as long as 48 hours. That is not saying that after 48 hours one can still feel the effects of the drug.
    You may want to give it another day.
    Shit, when I kicked in December, my last few doses of opiates were methadone wafers (40mg), and I took my last one on a Wednesday morning (our habit then was 100-140mg oxy daily, now we dig heroin more).
    Well, we were both 'sposed to go in on Friday morning for Suboxone induction IN WITHDRAWAL. So Fri morning rolls around and I was not in any withdrawal at all. My wife was, but barely. She got the Sub, I did not.

I felt good the whole day, and by about 8 o'clock that night, I'm figuring I got off scot free somehow. So I took a Xanax and got ready to have a night of Xbox.

So then about 10:30: Like a fucking TON OF BRICKS. First my gut started aching, then I felt myself getting clammy. My midnight I was in full-blown W/D. Puking, shitting, shaking, fever...the whole fucking deal. I ended up using Percocet and tapered to zero in about a week. I couldn't handle the cold-turkey. My wife was and is doing great with her Sub.

I guess my point in relation to this thread is that the goddamn methadone had a half-life of close to 72 hours for me. I shoulda known something was up, because I knew damn well that I would w/d from the oxy habit that we had. I w/d'd many times during the course of our addiction, so there had to be a reason, and there was: the methadone. I'm gonna stay away from it, I think it's some weird shit, but that's just me....I'm sure it's useful for those who use it as intended, but as a recreational thing, uhuh, not me.

ZodiacKiller

edit: oh, shit....44th post. The number 44 is a magic, satanic number (all you Crowley fans out there, open your textbooks, hah). I think this could be a good week...I've seen the number 44 at least 4 times now in the last 3 days.
    Last edited by ZodiacKiller; 04-18-2006 at 07:45 PM.

Never Looked Back ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller's Avatar

Oh, yeah...in relation to this thread and Lortab/Hydro/Vicodin......I too stopped feeling any effect from it somewhere along the way during my two year daily oxy addiction. It just stopped doing anything at all, except giving me a gut ache from the APAP.

IMO, going from Lortab to Methadone is a HUGE leap, as Shaunclo said. Try some Percs and a few OCs or something. Methadone is no joke, man, and it's some tricky shit. Just my humble opinion, tho...

ZodiacKiller

Thanks guys. I appreciate the replies. I really like this board and all the info I get from experienced people. I have about 10 Oxycodone 5mg pills so I'll try those and see what happens. I think I'm just gonna wait another 2 days and then start my daily dosage of Vicodin again. I am rxed them so I will have them every month. Thanks again.

HMSO

Edit: Question for yall. What/Who is swim?? I see this all over the board and I have no idea what that means? Thanks. PM me if you have to.

^Someone Who Isn't Me

Thanks guys. I appreciate the replies. I really like this board and all the info I get from experienced people. I have about 10 Oxycodone 5mg pills so I'll try those and see what happens. I think I'm just gonna wait another 2 days and then start my daily dosage of Vicodin again. I am rxed them so I will have them every month. Thanks again.

HMSO

Edit: Question for yall. What/Who is swim?? I see this all over the board and I have no idea what that means? Thanks. PM me if you have to.
    Its just a safe way posting, the moderators and opiophounders appreciate it when you use SWIM.

Thanks yall. I appreciate it.

Opiophorum Member Tar_Baby is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by shaunclo
    FUCK YEAH!!!!

Methadone comapred to hydrocodone is like comparing a butchers knife to a butter knife. Methadone is so much stronger and longer lasting than plain ol hydrocodone. I seriously cant even feel hydro's any more, unless I take about 15 of em. I would stick to the hydro and get as much pleasure outta it as you still can. Dont move from hydro to methadone, your jumping over all the fun stuff and moving to dangerous ground.
    Good advice...dead on

+ Reply to Thread