+ Reply to Thread

Thread: methadone potentiators

New Opiophile saint john is an unknown quantity at this point

Default methadone potentiators

i've read the older posts on different substances that potentiate methadone. cat's claw, grapefruit juice, magnesium. i'm taking 100 mg. methadone daily. i tried dxm and didn't care for the way it made me feel. i have two questions:

1. are there any other substances that potentiate and won't test positive on a drug screen?

2. what are the suggested doses for the three listed above?

thanks everyone and great forum you have here. i just discovered it last week.
    Last edited by saint john; 04-13-2006 at 07:18 PM.

jacky

Default Re: methadone potentiators

I have heard that cats claw herb slows the release of methadone and buprenorphine from the body, thus some effects of potentiation might be observed...appears that a compound with nmda antagonist activity is associated with the plant.

I lately have noticed when taking 3-4 big calcium magnesium pills that the next day I am not constipated, this is with an opiate habit. the effect is similiar to what I experience with dxm, almost completely normal bowel movements when the day before I was constipated. I dont use a standardized opiate however at the current moment, so any potentiation effects from the calcium and magnesium that I think I have noticed could just as easily be a variation in alkaloid content. Ill have to see when I come into a stash of pills.

I think that there are health warnings about mixing grapefruit and methadone. I know there was for LAAM, and since the are similiar compounds I would geuss that grapefruit and methadone works for potentiation. probably a highly variable effect considering personal pharmacology. I have read that the active compound in grapefruit is mostly in the rind and the white part of the rind..so cheap grapefruit juices that are frozen might be even more potent that high cost quality stuff. I have also read that the effect from consuming grapefruit can last up to 24 hours, so if you are doing potent opiates like fent. hydromorphone you want to be aware of your grapefruit intake.

I would also look into the herb supplement catuama, the material is supposed to be cross tolerant with morphine. this is regarding data was supported with testing with antagonists.

Opiophorum Member THEPAINTER1960 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by saint john
    i've read the older posts on different substances that potentiate methadone. cat's claw, grapefruit juice, magnesium. i'm taking 100 mg. methadone daily. i tried dxm and didn't care for the way it made me feel. i have two questions:

1. are there any other substances that potentiate and won't test positive on a drug screen?

2. what are the suggested doses for the three listed above?

thanks everyone and great forum you have here. i just discovered it last week.
    Yes tagamet [cimetidine] does some what of a job of boosting methadone levels in your body the only problem is that when you decide to stop taking the tagamet you might need to increase your methadone . I think what happens is your body retains the methadone becuase you dont biuld up any if at all stomach acids to desolve the methadone.

Occasionally Opiated gene44 is an unknown quantity at this point gene44's Avatar

Default Re: methadone potentates

You may be interested in knowing that you can take meperidine (Demerol) on top of dolophine (methadone) For some reason methadone does not block this drug. I would assume that it would show up on a drug screen but I do not know for sure.

Never Looked Back Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid's Avatar

Default Re: methadone potentates

"The magnitude of pleasure reaches its limit in the removal of all pain. When such pleasure is present, so long as it is uninterrupted, there is no pain either of body or of mind or of both together." -Epicurus
    The Sick Life | OpioWiki |
    http://lp.org http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

New Opiophile saint john is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the replies everyone. appreciate it. any suggestions for dosages on cat's claw or grapefruit juice to potentiate methadone? thanks.

saint john

Never Looked Back Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid's Avatar

grapefruit is highly acidic, lots of vitamin c. a lot of vitamin c increases the rate methadone is eliminated from the body. a lot of grapefruit juice would be counterproductive for potentiating methadone. quinine and/or tagamet is probably more efficient.
    "The magnitude of pleasure reaches its limit in the removal of all pain. When such pleasure is present, so long as it is uninterrupted, there is no pain either of body or of mind or of both together." -Epicurus
    The Sick Life | OpioWiki |
    http://lp.org http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

+ Reply to Thread