morphine --> heroin

Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: morphine --> heroin

Occasionally Opiated asaqwert is an unknown quantity at this point

Default morphine --> heroin

Hi all, i have a few questions
    Someone Who I Met (SWIM) has procured a small amount of acetic anhydride and has some morphine sulphate pills
    he has a few questions, which i will ask
    does the morphine sulphate need to be converted to HCL or Citrate or the free base or anything else? if so, what one? can i free base morphine sulphate by using sodium hydroxide? is there any chance of the morphine free base being soluble in the sodium hydroxide solution, i have read that morphinate "salts" (right word?) are soluble in high pH solutions, i'm not sure if it is true, and if sodium morphenate counts for that (if sodium morphenate is even made)
    can the morphine sulphate pills just be crushed and soaked/cooked with acetic anhydride before getting rid of the fillers? i would think it wouldn't matter and that things would work just fine, then afterwards you can filter it out (the heroin is more soluble in water anyways, so it should filter better)
    if they can't be just acetylated, how can one extract the morphine from M Eslon pills (time relase gelcaps with little beads inside, they are NOT the MS CONTINS)? is there any relatively easy way? i have a few stronger bases and sodium bicarbonate, as well as hcl acid, H2SO4, citric acid, acetic acid, and a few other chemicals....nothin too crazy exect the AA (swim, of course, has all of this stuff)
    any hints or tips or anything as far as converting my stuff to good stuff, and any easy ways?
    what i've done already once is i made a normal morphine solution like i do (i use some hcl in hopes that i'm converting some/lots of the moprhine to the hcl salt, i know when i do this, the solution is much clearer after filtering, and it can dissolve in much less water (morphine hcl is much more soluble in water than h2so4) and then dried this out. the problem is, it took like 2 days to dry out.....
    i then put in some aa, let it sit for a while after stirring then cooked it for a bit till there was no liquid left, then put some water in, put some bicarbonate in to neutralize the acetic acid, then put in some citric acid to make heroin citrate, then filtered twice and shot half of what i got (i started with about 180 mg of morphine....)
    after shooting half of half, i astarted feeling a pretty good warm feeling (much better than morphine ever has) so i put some more in, but saved just under half, pulled out and sat back, felt fuckin great but decided iw asn't gonna od myself so i went to put in the rest, which wasn't as easy getting a vien (mine are kind of fucked, just hard to hit naturlaly so when they get fucked its gay) and when i finally did in my hand, it didn't seem to even work that wlel (i assume cuz iw as already high...) and i didn't feel alot, but my hand got sore for an hour
    anyways, any hints or tips? i'm sure i made some heroin there, if not a fair bit....i want to try something different though to get a better yeidl (i shoudl be able to get at least two GOOD shots from acetylating 200 mg of morphine....definetly)
    thanks all for your help

Occasionally Opiated kiwistoner is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: morphine --> heroin

this is how we do it in new zealand...

crush the morphine pill on a spoon add a little water and baking soda
    mix and cook off on the element till its brown and let it cool
    add the AA and cover the spoon with tin foil and cook off slowly occasionally cooling the spoon on a wet cloth
    when u cant smell any AA put a little white vinegar in the spoon and boil
    then add water enuff to extract into syringe....and the rest is history...
    happy kooking..

Opiophile superman is a jewel in the rough superman is a jewel in the rough superman is a jewel in the rough superman is a jewel in the rough superman is a jewel in the rough superman is a jewel in the rough superman is a jewel in the rough superman is a jewel in the rough superman's Avatar

Default Re: morphine --> heroin

"does the morphine sulphate need to be converted to HCL or Citrate or the free base or anything else?"

I don't remember, but this information is readily available in rhodium's archive which is on erowid.org.
    ---
    "can i free base morphine sulphate by using sodium hydroxide?"

yes but keep in mind hydroxides can destroy morphine.
    ---
    "is there any chance of the morphine free base being soluble in the sodium hydroxide solution"
    no, morphine base is water insoluable. but there is a sweet spot, 9.1 or something(check this to be sure). both above and below this is will form salts and dissolve. it's ability to dissolve in alkaline conditions allow you to separate it from other alkaloids such as codiene.
    ---
    "can the morphine sulphate pills just be crushed and soaked/cooked with acetic anhydride before getting rid of the fillers?"
    maybe but probably not. if you're going to go through the trouble of this synth you may as well do it right and get some good yields without wasting a bunch of AA.
    ---
    "how can one extract the morphine from M Eslon pills"?
    first make a list of inactive ingredients in the pills. then remove the ingredient from this list that constitue the gel cap such as the gelatin and coloring. now google each ingredient to find out it's solubility data. now with this data in hand you can decided on the easiest process and solvent to use in order to separate the morphine. try to remove all the ingredient using the knowledge that you can first wash the powdered pill mass with non polar solvents, then precipitate the morphine base so that you can remove any water soluble components.
    If you post the solubility data for the inactives i could help you if you would like
    A separatory funnel will make this a lot easier. precision(that is narrow range) pH papers should be used for the precipitation step
    ---
    "hints or tips or anything as far as converting my stuff to good stuff, and any easy ways?"
    check rhodium for h synths. the files there all state precise examples of proceedures, along with thier yeilds so you can choose a synth that would satisfy you.
    ---
    adding hcl to morphine sulphate solution will not convert it to the hcl salt, but it will create NaCl later on when you basify this solution(not helpfull). also when you evap an over acidified solution it takes a very long time to dry out. if at some point you over acidify, a rinse with a small amount of COLD acetone will remove the excess hcl. however make sure the morphine hcl isn't too soluble othewise you'll be washing away the goods with the hcl.
    --

I suggest crushing the beads, cooking in plain water, cooling in the fridge, filtering(through a pre-wetted filter of course), and now drying this will give you a cleaner and faster drying product that your initial experiment did. but if you want pure morphine to react, more work is required.

IIRC after acetylation there shouldn't be an acetic acid smell, or very little. in this case you don't need to neutrilize.

-----

do not use citric acid or any fruit juice containing it for anything that's going in your veins. stick to acetic and hcl as they aren't likely to contain bacteria.

to consider: the fillers and shit from the beads might be converting into a different, possibly unsafe chemical in this process. or maybe they're unsafe on thier own. these eslon caps have been quite hard on my veins before.

+ Reply to Thread