fentanyl patch worries

Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fentanyl patch worries

New Opiophile fuzzyfriend is an unknown quantity at this point

Default fentanyl patch worries

OK so I've got these 100mcg fentanyl patches and I want to get off, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I have read that the generic ones, without the gel, can only get you off if you chew or suck on them. I'm used to like 60-80 mg ,at least,of hydrocodone at a time, how much of this stuff do I chew? Just freaked out about OD on a friggin patch! Also, I heard you can use a heating pad, but how long does that take to kick in and how long do I apply heat? Help!

Never Looked Back Curio is fresh on the scene. Curio is fresh on the scene. Curio's Avatar

Default Re: fentanyl patch worries

I could never get around the patch except got stronger effects from using a heating pad...the prob with the patches is that it takes 8-12 hours or longer for the first patch to even build up to "therapeutic" levels in your bloodstream.
    I've heard of ppl ODing from eating the gel, but I tried all kinds of things like that and never had any effect at all....of course I had a HUGE tolerance issue at the time, but I still should've felt SOMETHING...you have to consider that they know ppl screw with these patches and there's been lots of talk of changing the makeup of them so that used in an INappropriate manner, they are basically useless. I don't know if they're using naloxone, or what, but it might not be too far down the road before that happens..

Jr. Opiophile SomniGod will become famous soon enough SomniGod will become famous soon enough SomniGod will become famous soon enough SomniGod's Avatar

I've seen both... the gel is the bomb.... it is what you want... smoke the gel on foil... now... with the hard patches... i tried chewing the bastard to no real good high... not anything like how high I got off chewing the OUTER PACKAGING of a gel patch!!!!...anyway, I would definitely use heating pad method... I would slap 1 patch on the inside of one of my thighs....with the heating pad for 2 hours on...then 2 hours off until I started to feel good groove (NOT nod....once you feel nod... get that thing off!!!!!!!!!). Be careful... use all drugs as prescribed........ er uh...... yeah.

~S~
    "Ribs soooo good...make you wanna slap yo momma!":angry-smi

ssd

Never Looked Back exitwound is an unknown quantity at this point exitwound's Avatar
    Shoot yourself in the balls and then electrocute yourself. That's how I always feel!!!

Lmao!!!

;-)
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - The Good Doctor, Hunter S. Thompson

Never Looked Back antigonemuse is a name known to all antigonemuse is a name known to all antigonemuse is a name known to all antigonemuse is a name known to all antigonemuse is a name known to all antigonemuse is a name known to all antigonemuse is a name known to all antigonemuse is a name known to all antigonemuse is a name known to all antigonemuse is a name known to all antigonemuse is a name known to all antigonemuse's Avatar

i dont think that 80 mg of hydrocone could even compare to a patch... Be careful, try taking them as scripted at first... see if you can handle it, then research other, safe methods of ingestion.. this site for example has many posts on the patch...

I say becareful because I have wittnessed someone very close to me detox from fentanyl patches cold turkey. Aside from the seizures, locked muscles in her legs, vomiting and peeing out her ass... Is the high really worth it.... I loves me a good nod... but a clean one

She could have died... and now after long term abuse, she has a fucked liver and kidneys... all at 36...

I am not preaching... I am not one to throw stones... just be careful with that

peace
    Antigone
    "Living like this is a full-time business" Irvine Welsh - Trainspotting

OpioNoMo Neo is an unknown quantity at this point Neo's Avatar

They are crazy strong. I had a really good friend OD and died last summer. You need to know your bodys tolerance,,,even then. Little at a time, work from the bottom up.

RIP 08/12/2005
    Doughboy

Opiophorum Member THEPAINTER1960 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyfriend
    OK so I've got these 100mcg fentanyl patches and I want to get off, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I have read that the generic ones, without the gel, can only get you off if you chew or suck on them. I'm used to like 60-80 mg ,at least,of hydrocodone at a time, how much of this stuff do I chew? Just freaked out about OD on a friggin patch! Also, I heard you can use a heating pad, but how long does that take to kick in and how long do I apply heat? Help!
    Back about 10 years ago in his strung out state i use to watch swim take one of those 75 mcg duragesics and scrape the gell out of the patch and pack it in a syrinige and then start dancing but i think back then swim also had a habit of 300 millagrams of 100mg. ms-contin. The patches are very dangerous that way not recomended. Respitory depression will kill you. Be carefull out there people.

OpioNoMo caesee is an unknown quantity at this point caesee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEPAINTER1960
    Back about 10 years ago in his strung out state i use to watch swim take one of those 75 mcg duragesics and scrape the gell out of the patch and pack it in a syrinige and then start dancing but i think back then swim also had a habit of 300 millagrams of 100mg. ms-contin. The patches are very dangerous that way not recomended. Respitory depression will kill you. Be carefull out there people.
    becareful with fent...I was rxed the patches and only used it one time, it left a huge rash where the patch was...it was the 75 patch and it fucked me up. I also have tred the suckers, that is the only opiod I have tried that made me think I was oding...very severe resp. depression...I have not touched fent since then, and dont plan to, even though I have 4 patchs left over...it is not something to take lightly

Opiophorum Member oc80tn has a spectacular aura about oc80tn has a spectacular aura about oc80tn has a spectacular aura about oc80tn has a spectacular aura about oc80tn has a spectacular aura about oc80tn has a spectacular aura about

Keep in mind that Fentanyl is about 75 times more potent than morphine in its analgesic effect. That's a pretty strong drug, but I have found on the couple of times I used one of the patches (50 and 75 mcg) and one of the Actiq suckers (800 mcg), the effect is nothing like other opioids like oxycodone or morphine. Those drugs can give you euphoria. I didn't experience anything like that with the fent. I did get highly drowsy and had good pain control, but there was little to no high. It could be that my pain level was high enough to offset any euphoric effect, but I have had other friends who use dope recreationally say the same thing. I wouldn't recommend this shit to anyone except people who have severe chronic pain. Stick with OC and Vics if you wanna get high. Not only do you get more of a true buzz, it's a whole lot easier to control your dosage. You don't have to take much Fentanyl to be in deep shit, even if you are opioid tolerant.
    Peace!

Opiophorum Member lolleedee will become famous soon enough lolleedee will become famous soon enough lolleedee will become famous soon enough

If you are having a problem with them..send them to me!!!!!
    WELL BEHAVED WOMEN RARELY MAKE HISTORY!!!!

Never Looked Back insaneike will become famous soon enough insaneike will become famous soon enough insaneike will become famous soon enough insaneike will become famous soon enough insaneike's Avatar

I lvoe the shit so far! Just got on it 2 days ago. I get the duragesic,25/mcg/hr, 2.5mg total GEL patches Smoking the gel in a tube is BOMB!! It actualy givs HELLA euphoria compared to the sedative effects the patch and oral have.

It's TOO easy to over do it though...

and unless you've been taking 60mg+ of morphine, or 30mg+ of oxycodone daily, do NOT start using fent. It's for toelrant users only. That may be why some don't like it or get euphoria. They're not sued to such storng opioids and it knocks em out but ti doesnt have euporia(or much at all) unless that damn patch is cut open!

Someone prefers wearing ONE, taking his dialy soma and lrotab, then smoking a TNINY bit of gel form another patch. Sometimes eating some.

FOR YOU TOELRANT PPL USING FENT: Be careful eating the gel if you require huge amounts to get off, err pain free, the gel can casue SERIOUS liver probs. That gel is literaly hell on your precious liver when you get tolerant. I jsut found out someone localy died of that so watch out folks! That was using he gel patches too...

later

Never Looked Back reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668's Avatar

Seedless, who post on this forum has quite a bit of info on fentanyl on his site. (duragesic patches are not near as potent as the fentanyl discussed on the site, but its in the same family) When I first read it, it scared the hell outta me! My late sister in law had cancer and everytime she would increase her Duragesic patch, she would give me some of the old ones. I have back problems and am fairly opiate tolerant. But back then, I had no idea how dangerous those patches were for someone who did not know what they were doing.

I used to put them on my arm and run them under hot water from time to time. It seemed to work very well. At the time, I was taking Oxycontin for my back. (40mg 3x's daily) From all I have read and heard about Fentanyl since, it seems I was flirting with disaster. Being cautious with this drug is well worth it, given the dangers involved. However, the buzz is well worth it. I remember that it was an awesome buzz!

If you are used to 80-100mg of hydrocodone, then I suspect a 100mcg patch should do you just fine. Try it as prescribed first, like others here has suggested. Right now, I take 160mg of Methadone a day and 30-60mg of Morphine Sulfate Instant Release, along with 15-20mg of Valium. I am fairly opiate tolerant. I don't think I would eat any fentanyl gel. Thats me. But I think its best to err on the side of caution with this drug.
    Last edited by reddragon3668; 04-21-2006 at 07:36 PM.

Opiophorum Member blahblahblah is an unknown quantity at this point blahblahblah's Avatar

Thanks for the mention reddragon.

Try using a razor [shaving razor] and shaving the area where you plan to put in on reallly well so its red and well cut up. Apply the patch, use a blow dryer on high heat to melt the goodness into you. I have worn the patch over my heart, cut up pieces of the non-gels on my temples and pieces over my jugular.

things to think about, be safe THIS IS A DANGEROUS DRUG for people that are not habituated into opiate madness. I remeber shooting 2 100ug patches back in my heroin days and not even getting my sick off. Even now I dont like Fentanyl to much, over priced at even $10 a 100ug patch in my mind, I can score a bag of dope that will kncok my socks of compared to what that patch would do. Everyone is different what gets me off might not get you off. Joo dig mon

OpioNoMo flipside is an unknown quantity at this point flipside's Avatar

I am on the 100mcg patch for pain and when I need to boost my dose for that extra relief, I have found only one method to be effective, but that's for me, First, heed everyone's advise on caution, I won't repeat my own, but will echo thier sentiments. Firstly, I have never found a way to get an instantaneous effect from the patch , other than smoking and to me that is a waste f time and money, over too quickly and craving more. Dangerous shit for me anyway. What has worked for me though is to shave the site as previously mentioned above, apply the patch, then cover it with an occlusive dressing (this not only helps it stick-esp. if Mylan not Duragesic) but increases the heat thus increasing absorbtin, you can use a blow dryer for like 15 min, or heating pad for about 15 min on and 15 min off, once the effects kick in no more heat. If u are EXTREMELY tolerant, as I am I wear two patches when needed, heat them, leave the 2nd patch on for about 3 hous then remove and leave the other on to maintain, althugh for me sometimes 2 patches are necessary for me to obtain desired effect. Whatever u do, start with one, u can always add another, be patient, it will take at least an hour even using heat before you notice anything.blahblahblah makes an excellent point, speaking from personal experience. Good lick(oops , was that a Freudian slip?) and be safe. Unless you have ascess to the injectable solution made for IV'ing this is not a drug that wil give u an instantaneous response, it has earned it's reputation as dangerous when misused, poceed with caution....

Jr. Opiophile SomniGod will become famous soon enough SomniGod will become famous soon enough SomniGod will become famous soon enough SomniGod's Avatar

try putting it on your palms.... C.S.I. Las Vegas had an episode on last night where some kids committed suicide by putting fent patches on their hands and taking a potentiator or some kind of MAOI called ciprasol or something like that. Anyone know about this?

~S~

(I mentioned this on another thread too----sorry.)
    "Ribs soooo good...make you wanna slap yo momma!":angry-smi

ssd

Occasionally Opiated Scarlettnight is an unknown quantity at this point Scarlettnight's Avatar

They made a CSI about that? That is funny I have been doing that for at least a year. Usually I just eat the gel. No liver worries so far. As far as a rash on the site never had that happen I get one everywhere else ( legs are the worst) When I stop it goes away. My doc said it is nothing. That is usually only occurs when I wear them so normally I don't wear most of them. Makes me hyper as do most opiates. I have found that when I have had a bit too much usually 75 mg of Epherdrine helps out a lot. But that could be just me. I find they also give me Insomnia I will even go 4 days with no sleep. So I stick to the 15 on 15 off policy. W/d's SUCK BIG ONES even with percs to take the edge off.

Occasionally Opiated Maksene Delianan is an unknown quantity at this point Maksene Delianan's Avatar

From what I know, I think that the MAOI's killed the kids. With MAOI's you are not allowed to eat grapefruit, oranges, peanut butter....on and on or you will die. Those are crazy meds used only for the seriously mentally ill from what I've heard. They were what people used for anti depressents before they came out with Tricyclics and SSRI's. Anyway, I heard you cant take ANY other meds when on MAOI's.

Occasionally Opiated misfire is an unknown quantity at this point

My 2 cents. I started on generic patches this week. The doc gave me 50's, which I think was light given my oxy tolerance (four 80's/day, plus as many percs as I think my liver can handle) and size (180 lbs.)

Day one: One patch, normally applied. After six hours, applied hot pad for 15 minutes. No noticeable effect.

Day 2, yesterday: Added a second patch in the morning, to my armpit prepped with aggro shaving. By mid afternoon no noticeable effect. Applied hot pad as hot as I could stand; the discomfort from the heat was very pronounced at the location of the patch. By dinner time I was nodding and pleasantly messed up! To the point where I considered removing a patch, but didn't. I stayed nicely high throughout the evening. My wife was a bit alarmed at my drowsiness - she tends to worry excessively, and would have been pissed if she knew I had doubled up, much less applied heat.

Slept great. This morning I did the scorching heat again. I'm a little bummed knowing it'll be a month before I can argue for 100's on the patches, and I don't want to keep doubling up and run out early. But it was nice while it lasted. I may try sucking on the used patches - especially the one from my pit, mmmm, tasty. I'll let y'all know.

Regards,

Misfire

Never Looked Back Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine's Avatar

We know what MAOI's are Maksene. You won'y "DIE" if you take them with peanut butter!!!!

I used to chew the 100ug patches in pieces at a time. I really chewed the hell out of them though thinking the Fent was locked into the plastic somehow. I LOVED them. I'd chew the shit out of them and suck on them and it kicked in pretty fast. I'm real suprized to hear people don't get euphoria from them either.

The patches I had were Mylan 100ug per hour 75 hour patches. There was 10.2mg of Fent per patch. I gave a piece to a friend who was NOT opiate tolerant and he almost died on me. I did tell him to only take a half at a time but he didn't listen and chewed the whole thing. He listens to me now.

+ Reply to Thread