Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: promethazine as potentiator for methadone

Junky clonaze-whammed is just really nice clonaze-whammed is just really nice clonaze-whammed is just really nice clonaze-whammed is just really nice clonaze-whammed is just really nice clonaze-whammed is just really nice clonaze-whammed is just really nice clonaze-whammed is just really nice clonaze-whammed's Avatar

Default promethazine as potentiator for methadone

Hey all,

Just have a query regarding promethazine (Phenargan) as a potentiator for a recreational dose of methadone. I have a low tolerance, and 15mls of juice should get me high, im not on done for maintenance.

Ive read that Diconal(dipipanone + cylclizine) led to quite a powerful high - I know this led to a spate of abuse and diconal being taken off the market, and further problems when people tried to recreate the rush by IVing methadone (a close relative to Dipipanone) mixed with cyclizine(crushed up valoid tablets). So any attempts to recreate this combo rings massive alarm bells.

But I do also recall in the trainspotting the book, Swanea (Mother Superior) raving on about the buzz from his daily methadone dose taken orally, along with an oral dose of valoid (cyclizine) which he blags from some cancer patient. He tells Renton, who happens to be clean at the time, to try this combo if he tries naut else.

So just wondering would a recreational oral dose of juice, mixed with a couple of Phenargan tablets lend to a better high, as Promethazine is also a first generation antihistamine and extremely similar to cyclizine.

Info or experience appreciated as always,

Thanks.

OpioNoMo halfalien_s4 will become famous soon enough halfalien_s4 will become famous soon enough halfalien_s4 will become famous soon enough halfalien_s4 will become famous soon enough

Re: promethazine as potentiator for methadone

yea, promethazine (Phenergran), is in the phenothiazine family. the medication that Phenergran is derived from is chlorpromozine - which is Thorazine (an anti-psychotic a u know). This family also includes such other drugs as Compazine (also called prochlorpromazine, which is for nausea), & Reglan (also called metachlopromide, which is also for nausea, or is also used to treat migraines & acid petic ulcer disease). Anyhow, Phenergran is a great potentiator for opiates, as is Compazine & reglan also. But Phenergran is also an antihistamine which is interesting. Which is why it is in a lot of cough/cold syrups & usually combined w/ either hydrocodone or codiene to suppress a cough. Most of the time, wheneve people r given any kind of pain med via IM injection or IV form in the ER and/or hospital setting (such as Demerol, Dilaudid, Morphine, Nubaine, ect.), they almost always combine it w/ Phenergran, Compazine, or Reglan. But in my opinion, i think Phenergran is a great potentiator...:cool:

Never Looked Back underide has much to be proud of underide has much to be proud of underide has much to be proud of underide has much to be proud of underide has much to be proud of underide has much to be proud of underide has much to be proud of underide has much to be proud of underide has much to be proud of underide has much to be proud of underide has much to be proud of underide's Avatar

Default Re: promethazine as potentiator for methadone

I used to get Phenergan at my clinic. (25mg twice daily)

It was still at the start of my program and what happened was that i was testing positive for benzo's.
    So the doc there asked me why i was taking them. I just told him i was having trouble sleeping.
    He said, well you can have these (phenergan) but you have to stop taking benzo's.

First time i tried them i took a couple of them a few hours after taking my 'done, and in about an hour i was stumbling very drowsily at work. I probably could have been fired for that, just for the way i looked.
    I know i was supposed to take them if i had sleeping problems, so that you don't have to do anything that requires fluid mobility and thought.

After that time, i did the phenergan again a few times, but honestly i wasn't very impressed by it.
    It just feels WAY too heavy on top of the 'done (and not in any good kind of way), so i didn't find them very enjoyable at all.
    So for the most part i was just stockpiling those blue little pills until the doc took me off them.
    I ended up trading about 30 of them that i saved up for a small lump of hash to some guy who really liked to get obliterated, i guess.

I think Tagamet (cimetidine) is actually a better potentiator and it feels much more pleasant, in my opinion.
    "All i gathered together is all i've lost..."

Never Looked Back insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike's Avatar

Re: promethazine as potentiator for methadone

They do indeed potentate opiates, but not in the way you want I'm sure. AS it just potentates the drowsy effects, not the euphoric effects.. I always keep my scripts of prometh because when you get REALLY high on opis and get really naseuaes those promethazine tabs are AMAZING! Everytime I was at the ER, and got multiple opiate IV's, they would almopst alw2ays give me phenergen to help with naseua.
    They are very sedating though, and NOT euphoric.

Later

Opiophile Moderator SeVeN has disabled reputation SeVeN's Avatar

Promethezine either doesnt work or I wanna pass out. I do take 50 mgs sometimes to potentiate and try to catch a nod. Usually doesnt work though.
    Tiocfaidh ar la

Trust No One

“It is one of the great joys of home ownership to fire a pistol in one's own bedroom”
    ― Alfred Jarry

“People who boast about their IQ’s are losers.” Stephen Hawking

Never Looked Back Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy's Avatar

I found out the hard way that too much promethazine (i took 75mg over about 3-4 hours with a decent dose of PST) actually causes RLS! So i was all stoned & drowsy but with nasty jumpy legs - not pleasant!

I've also found out that here in NZ you can but prometh's more potent cousin Prochlorperazine OTC (actually BTC - behind, that is). I'm thinking this stuff could be extremely useful at the end of a night on acid (being very similar to thorazine), along with a benzo or 2.

OpioNoMo DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seedy View Post
    I found out the hard way that too much promethazine (i took 75mg over about 3-4 hours with a decent dose of PST) actually causes RLS! So i was all stoned & drowsy but with nasty jumpy legs - not pleasant!

I've also found out that here in NZ you can but prometh's more potent cousin Prochlorperazine OTC (actually BTC - behind, that is). I'm thinking this stuff could be extremely useful at the end of a night on acid (being very similar to thorazine), along with a benzo or 2.
    Prochlorperazine is a fucking neuroleptic, and a strong one, 10 times stronger than thorazine (chlorpromazine). And you get OTC??? And by the way neuroleptic are not fun... They KILL FUN, cause they antagonize the fun thru antagonizing dopamine, that's in part why they are called neuroleptic/antipsychotics..
    The fun thing is.. You get that OTC??? Shit... lol

You take antipsychotics to kill all the fun of psychedelics and stimulants.. That's why it kills your "end of a night on acid"... Thorazine, is a mental straightjacket, 10 times more powerfull than thorazine is a hell of a mental straightjacket....

Granny Nurse Moderator
    PLATINUM MEMBER
    SUPER FUCKING SOLID GOLD MEMBER
    Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr's Avatar

Seedy, as the previous poster said, be careful with Compazine (prochlorperazine). Neuroleptics can be very dangerous at prescribed doses, and are associated with some horrifying side effects, some of which are fatal.
    Not a drug that should be tried recreationally.

Never Looked Back Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy's Avatar

^^ Hmm, no shit? Prochlorperazine (Buccastem) is sold here to treat nausia. It's only 3mg per pill. I was pretty surprised to see it but I had no idea the stuff was that strong. Still, i think it could be pretty handy for emergencies, ie "damn that acid's still fucking going" type of situation.

OpioNoMo DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA's Avatar

^^ Hmm, no shit? Prochlorperazine (Buccastem) is sold here to treat nausia. It's only 3mg per pill. I was pretty surprised to see it but I had no idea the stuff was that strong. Still, i think it could be pretty handy for emergencies, ie "damn that acid's still fucking going" type of situation.

It blocks the CTZ (Chemoreceptor Trigger Zone), thats why it is used as an antiemetic, but it has strong neuroleptics properties, and shouldn't be sold OTC, acording to swim's ethics...

PS1. for me the best antihistamine for potentiating opiates is hydroxyzine.

PS2. i wouldn't take thorazine or prochlorperazine for bringing down a psychedelic experience, alltought for some it works, it can be counterproductive and create traumas and such, cause a mental straightjacket is not necessary good when experiencing psychedelic experiences.

OpioNoMo rockbottom is just really nice rockbottom is just really nice rockbottom is just really nice rockbottom is just really nice rockbottom is just really nice rockbottom is just really nice rockbottom is just really nice rockbottom is just really nice rockbottom is just really nice rockbottom is just really nice rockbottom is just really nice

they mix phenergan with dialudid--and demerol with visteril to potentiate and reduce nausea

Opiophorum Member IceCold is fresh on the scene. IceCold is fresh on the scene. IceCold is fresh on the scene.

Compazine is really good at relieving nausea from an alcohol hangover. Kinda off topic but I just thought I'd throw that out there.
    What is good? All that heightens the feeling of power in man, the will to power, power itself. What is bad? All that is born of weakness. What is happiness? The feeling that power is growing, that resistance is overcome. -Nietzsche

+ Reply to Thread