How long to wait to take oxycodone after subutex?

Advertise on Opiophile
Closed Thread

Thread: How long to wait to take oxycodone after subutex?

Opiophorum Member njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525's Avatar

Default How long to wait to take oxycodone after subutex?

I have been taking subutex for about 3 months and am down to one 8mg pill every morning. I feel like shit all the time and suffer from OCD and anxiety and nothing makes me feel right except opiates (I've tried like every antidepressant, mood stabilizers, benzos, etc., and nothing helps). Anyway I'm sure this has been asked before but how long do I have to wait after taking 8mg of subutex for me to be able to take oxycodone and not get sick or anything and actually feel the effects? Also how long do I have to wait after taking the oxycodone to take my subutex? Also how long does oxy take to get out of my system for the monthly UA at my doctor's office? My last question is, how much (approximately) should I have to take to feel good? I was thinking like 15-30mgs oxy (Roxy's) since I havn't taken any oxy in three months. Thanks and sorry for all the questions

Opiophorum Member HMMM... is an unknown quantity at this point HMMM...'s Avatar

Default Re: How long to wait to take oxycodone after subut

Quote Originally Posted by njp2525 View Post
    I have been taking subutex for about 3 months and am down to one 8mg pill every morning. I feel like shit all the time and suffer from OCD and anxiety and nothing makes me feel right except opiates (I've tried like every antidepressant, mood stabilizers, benzos, etc., and nothing helps). Anyway I'm sure this has been asked before but how long do I have to wait after taking 8mg of subutex for me to be able to take oxycodone and not get sick or anything and actually feel the effects? Also how long do I have to wait after taking the oxycodone to take my subutex? Also how long does oxy take to get out of my system for the monthly UA at my doctor's office? Thanks

Well for your anxiety have you tried alazopram(xanax). This should work for your anxiety if taken in proper doses.

As for waiting for the subs to wear off before you can enjoy any opiate buzz mostly depends on your body chemistry. The all around rull of thumb is after your last dose of your sub, which is 8mg in your case which is a good amount, I would suggest waiting maybe 24-36 hours. Maybe even 48 hours. But then maybe you can even dose the next day...just depends on your bodys metabolism.

And when your high on opiates but coming down and are about to dose on your subs you have to wait until your withdrawls are almost fully onset. But that depends on many people too. For me I dose when I'm just starting to feel a lil shitty. But best advice for you is too wait for as long a possible. you don't want those precipitated withdrawls to kick your ass. Because from what I've heard from they are like living in hell for a few hours.

OpioNoMo jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all

if youve been taking bupe for 3 months, then like he said take it like 24-48 hours after the sub. but if its a one time thing, then you can take the bupe the next morning like nothing happened. remember, precipitated withdrawls are caused by the bupe kicking out the oxy and putting you into withdrawls, if you only use the oxy one time, then there are no wds to precipitate.

Opiophorum Member njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525's Avatar

Ya I've been prescribed xanax as well as klonopin, ativan, and valium. I currently take valium (5mgs three times a day) and it helps the most out of all the benzos I've tried, but still, it only helps a tiny little fucking bit. Like I said I really have tried like EVERY medicine possible for my problems, but nothing even touches the helpfulness of opiates. And damn thats a long time to have to wait, I thought it was a lot shorter since I take subutex and not suboxone which has nalaxone in it. Good thing I asked. That sucks tho so its like nearly impossible to get high and be on subutex unless your willing to get sick, (and I happen to get really bad withdrawal symptoms). DAMN

Never Looked Back bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by njp2525 View Post
    Ya I've been prescribed xanax as well as klonopin, ativan, and valium. I currently take valium (5mgs three times a day) and it helps the most out of all the benzos I've tried, but still, it only helps a tiny little fucking bit. Like I said I really have tried like EVERY medicine possible for my problems, but nothing even touches the helpfulness of opiates. And damn thats a long time to have to wait, I thought it was a lot shorter since I take subutex and not suboxone which has nalaxone in it. Good thing I asked. That sucks tho so its like nearly impossible to get high and be on subutex unless your willing to get sick, (and I happen to get really bad withdrawal symptoms). DAMN
    its not the naloxone that blocks the effects of the oxy, its the bupe itself. I'd try to wait 48 hours after 8mg of bupe if you wanna feel 15-30mg of oxy. What was your habit like before you got on sub? 8mg of bupe seems like alot to me if 15-30mg of oxy gives you a buzz

OpioNoMo jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all

you dont have to wait to be sick to take it, just long enough so that the 16 or so mg of bupe that you have built up in your system drops down low enough that its not gonna block it too well. also like said above it depends on your body chemistry. for instance i was talking to someone on here who hadnt taken bupe for a week and didnt feel the percocet she took. but last friday i took my normal dose in the morning (3mg, i take 3mg in the morning and 3 in the evening) and got high on heroin that afternoon, i had to do more than i normally would have after not having taken it in over a month, but i still got pretty high and nodded out. so it really depends.

Never Looked Back Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear's Avatar
    South East, UK about 1 hour out from London.

8 mg buprenorphine is a LOT. If you've been on it for a while, your tolerance might be jacked up so high, that you don't even feel 30 mg Oxy even if you've been off the bupe for a couple weeks. If you want to get high on low doses of opiates, you should really drastically reduce your bupe as soon as possible.

Is there any reason you need to be on that much bupe? Because if you're taking it for withdrawals, you could safely drop it way down pretty quickly and still keep them away.

OpioNoMo Consumed. is just really nice Consumed. is just really nice Consumed. is just really nice Consumed. is just really nice Consumed. is just really nice Consumed. is just really nice Consumed. is just really nice Consumed. is just really nice Consumed. is just really nice
    somewhere way down south on the banks of the Nile

I cant believe this is even be talked about AGAIN.

Never Looked Back Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum's Avatar

yeah it's been covered to death.
    http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=4333

This should help you with any further questions.
    In somnifera veritas
    In somnifera aequitas

Closed Thread