Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can Suboxone Block the effects of Xanax?

New Opiophile ipodpence is an unknown quantity at this point ipodpence's Avatar

Default Can Suboxone Block the effects of Xanax?

I just took about 6mg of Xans on top of about 4 mg's of sub, and I can barely feel the xanax. Noramlly 6 mg of xan does me great. The bars were the white rectangle with G3722. Any advice? Thanks

Never Looked Back Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine's Avatar

Default Re: Can Suboxone Block the effects of Xanax?

No. Buprenorphine acts on opioid receptors, Xanax on GABA.

Maybe you got some bunk pills?

Opiophorum Member 405FREEWAY is fresh on the scene. 405FREEWAY is fresh on the scene. 405FREEWAY's Avatar

Damn, 6 mg's would have me on tha floor. But like papa stated above, the suboxone should not effect the xanax at all. If anything, it should increase the effects slightly.

Never Looked Back Suboxstitute is a splendid one to behold Suboxstitute is a splendid one to behold Suboxstitute is a splendid one to behold Suboxstitute is a splendid one to behold Suboxstitute is a splendid one to behold Suboxstitute is a splendid one to behold Suboxstitute is a splendid one to behold Suboxstitute is a splendid one to behold Suboxstitute is a splendid one to behold Suboxstitute is a splendid one to behold Suboxstitute is a splendid one to behold Suboxstitute's Avatar

Nope. Xanax (or kpins for that matter) are NOT blocked by sub. In fact, I just took some xanax (substituting for my kpins which I cannot pickup until Friday) and also sub, and both are working just like they are supposed to be working.

Is your xanax scripted, from a pharmacy or street? If street, maybe you got some really old stuff or something..... sorry if you answered this already, I just read the thread real fast.

Sue

P.S. If it is legit, you COULD go back to the pharmacy and tell them that they aren't working. It isn't unheard of to have a "bad batch" get shipped out.
    -------------------------
    "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
    Jiddu Krishnumrti

Never Looked Back Suboxstitute is a splendid one to behold Suboxstitute is a splendid one to behold Suboxstitute is a splendid one to behold Suboxstitute is a splendid one to behold Suboxstitute is a splendid one to behold Suboxstitute is a splendid one to behold Suboxstitute is a splendid one to behold Suboxstitute is a splendid one to behold Suboxstitute is a splendid one to behold Suboxstitute is a splendid one to behold Suboxstitute is a splendid one to behold Suboxstitute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 405FREEWAY View Post
    Damn, 6 mg's would have me on tha floor. But like papa stated above, the suboxone should not effect the xanax at all. If anything, it should increase the effects slightly.

6mgs of xanax would also knock me to the floor real fast and hard..... yet I can take close to that dose of kpins and function just fine. Just relazed and worry-free.... Not that I SHOULD take that much at once.

Except for how long they last/duration and the half-life (xanax much shorter than kpins) I thought their STRENGH (from a benzo equialency table that I thought was reliable) was 1mg xanax= 1mg clonazepam (kpin).

Am I really off there in my assumption? I have a tolerance to kpins and not xanax but I thought a benzo is a benzo, basically, exept for the half life and duration of effect. So why does xanax (even 2mg) make me so dame tired when 2-3 times that much kpins DOESN"t.

anyone know?
    Jiddu Krishnumrti

Never Looked Back Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum's Avatar

Those pills were obviously bunk. 6 mg's of Xanyx would floor even a benzo tolerant person. By the way. Mixing benzos and Suboxone can be fatal. It's because of people who have OD'ed on the combo that a lot of sub doctors are hesitant to prescribe benzos with suboxone.
    In somnifera veritas
    In somnifera aequitas

Never Looked Back Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suboxstitute View Post
    6mgs of xanax would also knock me to the floor real fast and hard..... yet I can take close to that dose of kpins and function just fine. Just relazed and worry-free.... Not that I SHOULD take that much at once.

Except for how long they last/duration and the half-life (xanax much shorter than kpins) I thought their STRENGH (from a benzo equialency table that I thought was reliable) was 1mg xanax= 1mg clonazepam (kpin).

Am I really off there in my assumption? I have a tolerance to kpins and not xanax but I thought a benzo is a benzo, basically, exept for the half life and duration of effect. So why does xanax (even 2mg) make me so dame tired when 2-3 times that much kpins DOESN"t.

anyone know?
    I may be mistaken but I believe that K-pins have a different property than your average benzo. If I hadn't ate so many damn benzo's then maybe I would remember what it is I think Im talking about.
    After looking around a bit I think I am mixing memories or something. In other words. I have no idea what Im talking about.
    In somnifera veritas
    In somnifera aequitas

Quote Originally Posted by Opiyum View Post
    I may be mistaken but I believe that K-pins have a different property than your average benzo. If I hadn't ate so many damn benzo's then maybe I would remember what it is I think Im talking about.
    After looking around a bit I think I am mixing memories or something. In other words. I have no idea what Im talking about.

Well that was helpful! J/K - teasing ya.

But no, I don't think kpins have any vastly different "properties" than other benzos - they just have a long-half life and therefore they don't wear off quickly. Someone dependent on kpins might well go 3-4 days without feeling sick from benzo w/ds. I've gone 5 - I was jumpy on days 4-5 and I was crazy on day 6.

With xanax, you'd have w/ds (again, if you took them every day and were dependent/addicted) the next day since their half-life is short and the onset is so quick that you need to take them much more often than kpins.

I am very very HAPPY to have the xanax though (thanks to a dear friend who took pity on me) - otherwise I'd have gone nearly 2 weeks without ANY benzo, and I would have been very very sick; I'd be cowering in a corner, paranoid, crying and probably having a seizure or two.

And finally, large quantities of benzos and bupe (injected) was what caused some users in France to go into respiratory failure - that is why so many sub docs won't allow and certainly won't SCRIPT a benzo. But those folks over the pond REALLY OVER DID and were not representation of the "normal" bupe and benzo user. I was using benzos long before sub, and no way could I go cold turkey like the sub doc recommended - yeah, he doesn't know much about benzo w/d.
    Jiddu Krishnumrti

Never Looked Back Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess's Avatar

Thank goodness for great friends who understand our *situations*. Those are hard to come by!

Has this ever happened to you? Where you've had full blown benzo w/d's? I can't imagine going through that. Fentanyl w/d's are the worst I've experienced.

I am very very HAPPY to have the xanax though (thanks to a dear friend who took pity on me) - otherwise I'd have gone nearly 2 weeks without ANY benzo, and I would have been very very sick; I'd be cowering in a corner, paranoid, crying and probably having a seizure or two.

Departed Opiophile rolln7s will become famous soon enough rolln7s will become famous soon enough rolln7s will become famous soon enough rolln7s will become famous soon enough rolln7s's Avatar

I have had benzo w/d seizures...........SCARY shit....... i was taking at least 12mg xanax a day then quit cold turkey. oops. big mistake. It really was ha huge pain in the ass because I was taken to the hospital by ambulance and they have to report all seizure patients to DMV so they revoke your liscense on the spot. that was in january and TODAY I was finally able to get it reinstated. they took it away for like 6 months! I think thats really what made me learn the hard way.....

Never Looked Back Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess's Avatar

Fuck that shit. I'd hug ya if I could. I can't even imagine.......
    I suppose you'll never do that again

Quote Originally Posted by rolln7s View Post
    I have had benzo w/d seizures...........SCARY shit....... i was taking at least 12mg xanax a day then quit cold turkey. oops. big mistake.

What a seizure like exactly? Were you alone? Had I not gotten hold of the xanax, I would have been alone (hubby traveling for work) for a week at part of the worst time..... Did you have any warning that it was about to happen?

I CT'd for 6days from a healthy - too healthy - long-term dose of kpins, up to maybe 8mg at the time, has been on 3mgs for years. the higher dose for maybe 4-5 months.

I got thru it luckily and vow NEVER to let myself get into that situation again; I know, that's what they all say.

Can you tell me more about it?

Sue
    Jiddu Krishnumrti

Quoting poster before PTO Mom... forgot to quote.

I CT'd for 6days from a healthy - too healthy - long-term dose of kpins, up to maybe 8mg at the time, has been on 3mgs for years. the higher dose for maybe 4-5 months.

I got thru it luckily and vow NEVER to let myself get into that situation again; I know, that's what they all say.

Sue[/quote]
    Jiddu Krishnumrti

Gives No Shits chopstix has disabled reputation chopstix's Avatar

Ya, kinda like mentioned above, the xanax actually potentiates the bup but @ 6mg most people would be too fucking zonked to really know it, or in respiratory distress and in bad bad shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Suboxtitute
    The difference in action is I think also similar to opiates in that there are multiple GABA receptors and the different molecules of the drugs each trigger different receptors, or combinations of receptors; something like that.. Kinda like how some consider oxy speedier than some other opis..

I'm another one that can't remember shit thanks to my lil pill issue..
    All posts made under the user account 'Chopstix' are exercises of creative fiction and in no way represent fact or truth. The user account 'Chopstix' is open to multiple authors with a common interest in lawful research and authoring fiction; and as such, no single user is responsible for the entirety of the post content of this account. No content may be reproduced in any form or fashion via any medium whatsoever unless specified with written and notarized permission of the original post author, without exception. Got that? Good! Have a bitchin' day.

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society"
    Krishnamurti

Never Looked Back RxQueen is one bad motherfucker RxQueen is one bad motherfucker RxQueen is one bad motherfucker RxQueen is one bad motherfucker RxQueen is one bad motherfucker RxQueen is one bad motherfucker RxQueen is one bad motherfucker RxQueen is one bad motherfucker RxQueen is one bad motherfucker RxQueen is one bad motherfucker RxQueen is one bad motherfucker RxQueen's Avatar

yep, i'm with chop on this'n. some benzos feel more sedating than others for this reason. the ones classified as hypnotics sedate me more than the ones that are primarily anti-anxiety pills.
    "On my gravestone, I want to say 'I told you I was sick.' Achievement is for senators and scholars. At one time I had ambitions but I had them removed by a doctor in Buffalo." ~Tom Waits

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else!

I hate people who think it's clever to take drugs -- like customs officials.

Departed Opiophile rolln7s will become famous soon enough rolln7s will become famous soon enough rolln7s will become famous soon enough rolln7s will become famous soon enough rolln7s's Avatar

What a seizure like exactly? Were you alone? Had I not gotten hold of the xanax, I would have been alone (hubby traveling for work) for a week at part of the worst time..... Did you have any warning that it was about to happen?

Sue
    Well, i really dont know what my seizures were like considering i was Unconcsious, but i was at my boyfriends house and me and him were chillin in the room and his mom heard some noise she thought we were either having some really really wild sex or something was wrong, so she came in there and had to pound on my chest or something i woke up they said with a big smile on my face and they were saying YOU HAD ASEIZURE, YOU HAD A SEIZURE and I said with a big smile "WHO had a seizure (lookin around the room)...... The next day I could barely talk or walk because i had almost bitten my tongue right off and all my muscles had been so contracted that they were sore for a week. I have had other ones but no one was around I just kinda woke up out of a fog like WTF just happened.... apparently people turn into like superman when they are seizing because there is NO stopping the movements and thrashing about of the limbs and body. That is my 2cents on a seizure and my experience.

Opiophorum Member HMMM... is an unknown quantity at this point HMMM...'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ipodpence View Post
    I just took about 6mg of Xans on top of about 4 mg's of sub, and I can barely feel the xanax. Noramlly 6 mg of xan does me great. The bars were the white rectangle with G3722. Any advice? Thanks

To the original poster..... I was wondering the same exact thing. I take 4mg sub and 4mg of xanax a day. I don't really have a barb habit at all.

For the last couple of days I tryed i.v. the subs ( I know, stupid) and take the xanax orally. No feeling from the xanys at all. No drowsiness. So the next day I eat 1 1/2 and snort the other half, have a beer. Just felt a little tired. So I don't know...... guess I'm gonna have to take a few shots the next time around cuz this is pissin me off..

Never Looked Back Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rolln7s View Post
    Well, i really dont know what my seizures were like considering i was Unconcsious, but i was at my boyfriends house and me and him were chillin in the room and his mom heard some noise she thought we were either having some really really wild sex or something was wrong, so she came in there and had to pound on my chest or something i woke up they said with a big smile on my face and they were saying YOU HAD ASEIZURE, YOU HAD A SEIZURE and I said with a big smile "WHO had a seizure (lookin around the room)...... The next day I could barely talk or walk because i had almost bitten my tongue right off and all my muscles had been so contracted that they were sore for a week. I have had other ones but no one was around I just kinda woke up out of a fog like WTF just happened.... apparently people turn into like superman when they are seizing because there is NO stopping the movements and thrashing about of the limbs and body. That is my 2cents on a seizure and my experience.
    A friend of mine had a seizure last week after abruptly quitting 200 mgs serax a day (+ a shitload of beer to go with it). His connect didn't pick up the phone for a few days so he ran out.
    He knocked himself to a concrete wall several times during the attack and has a concussion now.
    Fuck that scared me, I'm NOT going to up my benzo dose...

Junky PantyShot9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Opiyum View Post
    Fucking hilarious I think ur rite tho. It usually isn't even prescribed for anxiety just panic disorder. Or at least lableing wise.

Opiophile xxanxx is fresh on the scene. xxanxx is fresh on the scene. xxanxx is fresh on the scene. xxanxx's Avatar

^^You sure? I have a bottle of K-pins that says take 1-2 pills as needed for anxiety....

JESUS NAILED TO WOODEN T'S
    CANNOT COMPETE WITH MY DISEASE

OpioNoMo oxymoronluvr is an unknown quantity at this point

be careful with stoppping any benzo cold turkey. not to mention the extreme amount of feeling like shit that benzo w/d brings on i just want that to go away during it. i have never had a seizure.

and no suboxone does not block xanax. it may potentuate it.

Jr. Opiophile paroxetina is just really nice paroxetina is just really nice paroxetina is just really nice paroxetina is just really nice paroxetina is just really nice paroxetina is just really nice paroxetina is just really nice paroxetina is just really nice paroxetina is just really nice paroxetina is just really nice paroxetina is just really nice paroxetina's Avatar

Sue

Sue, I'm not sure if your question about what seizures are like was general or directed to rolln7s, but I had epilepsy as a child so I can address the general question as to what a grand mal seizure feels like.

The first one is the one I remember most clearly. I had only a couple, as it was quickly controlled on medication. As the believed (correctly) that it was a childhood form of epilepsy, when I was taken off medication after 7 years, I had no subsequent seizures.

I was on the couch alone in the living room on thanksgiving morning. I remember my face stared to feel weird, like it was numb and I couldn't move my jaw. I couldn't talk. I could walk at first, and I walked into the kitchen where my mom was. I believe I was shaking uncontrollably then or soonafter, and my mom held me up while she called 911. My brother shoved a book in my mouth (to keep me from biting my tongue). It wasn't painful, I just had no control of my body and everything felt numb. At some point I was back on the couch and it was over. I don't know if I walked on my own or was carried.

In the ER, I had a CT scan and blood draws and they sent me home. I had another seizure while I was asleep two days later and fell out of bed, which is what alerted my parents. I don't remember that one at all. Back to the ER, and they placed me on anticonvulsants. I've also come to believe that several years earlier I had at least a partial seizure. My mom was in the shower and no one else was home. I was playing connect 4 (yeah, by myself, dorky) and suddenly I felt very strange. This time, I was able to walk. I ran upstairs into the bathroom where my mom was. I guess I thought perhaps I had to throw up, and I pointed at the toilet because I was unable to talk. Then it was over, and I didn't tell my mom about what had really happened, just that I had felt "sick" but it passed.

Whew, I rambled a bit, but I hope I answered your question as to what a seizure is like. I'm told that mine were grand mal.
    but this dream has become an obsession
    cause I've held it inside for so long
    all my friends say I should use discretion
    but I know I'm just not that strong
    ~tom petty

Departed Opiophile Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HMMM... View Post
    To the original poster..... I was wondering the same exact thing. I take 4mg sub and 4mg of xanax a day. I don't really have a barb habit at all.
    no, but you prob do have a benzo habit... if youve been taking xan everyday for longer than a week or two, and 4mg is a rather significant dose. i rarely take benzos but have in the past and 1/2mg will usually be all i need and/or safely take.

but back kinda to the topic... offhand anyone know anything about the compare contrast of mu receptor endorphins and dopamine release and reuptake? i, uh, know this guy, yeah... well, he has been using cocaine in his tar taper and by gosh he seems to able to manage on less thana quarter if his prior daily dose, and use h only one time a day to stay well. seems to do more than just satisfy psychologically, though that is a huge part of it. and he was doing only acouple or one white shot a day.

dont mean to highjack or anything, could move it elsewhere or whatever...
    [SIZE=2][B]
    "...i paid a visit to Schrodinger in his vienna apartment before his death... There were no cats. I was told he did not like cats."[/B][/SIZE][B][SIZE=1][B] -quantam leaps, bernstein.[/B][/SIZE][/B]

(thanatos)

[
    'thiscapriciouswhim'
    ]

'grass is greener
    over here'

OpioNoMo Consumed. is just really nice Consumed. is just really nice Consumed. is just really nice Consumed. is just really nice Consumed. is just really nice Consumed. is just really nice Consumed. is just really nice Consumed. is just really nice Consumed. is just really nice
    somewhere way down south on the banks of the Nile

you got ripped probably and where sold buspar.

+ Reply to Thread