Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: diphenoxylate - Lomotil (opiate)

True Opiophile Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy's Avatar

Default Re: diphenoxylate - Lomotil (opiate)

Well....i probably wouldn't feel anything off 10 either, but i figured you had a lower tolerance than me. I was wrong, i only use poppy seed tea most of the time, i got some percs and 30 mg actually had me really high, so my tolerance is still pretty damn low. Next time take 20 if you didn't feel anything from 10. I take 30: 20 off the bat, then once i feel it kicking in a lot (around an hour or two later usually) i take the other 10.

Sorry i misjudged tolerance on that one, but trust me you CAN get a buzz off it.
    "Live on coffee and flowers"

Never Looked Back bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Narkotikon View Post
    I've taken Lomotil a long time ago when I really had no tolerance, and I've taken oral Demerol (150mg) when I had a mild tolerance, and I can say the Demerol was a lot better. The Lomotil was nice, but I wouldn't say it was as euphoric as Demerol. They're both speedy though. I could see Lomotil being compared to Demerol-lite, but it's not as euphoric or good as Demerol. I can say this about Lomotil, it always made my pupils dilate (I'm assuming from the Atropine) then constrict. It wasn't really a bad thing, except my eyes were also bloodshot, like I had smoked pot or something. I'm assuming that was from the Atropine too. But yes, you can take a lot of these pills without worry of the Atropine. I'm not advising this of course, but I've safely taken 30 before and been fine with no tolerance. And that was 30 throughout the day, not all at once.
    you thought demerol was speedy? i've nodded like crazy both times i've had shots of it at the ER. I think it had promethazine in it one time though, but the other time i know it was only demerol and i always figured that must be how people that IV H feel when they nod out.

Everybody's different though. Alot of people on here say morphine sedates them but i'm the complete opposite. I can't sleep at all on morphine

HRH The Princess Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigNasty View Post
    you thought demerol was speedy? i've nodded like crazy both times i've had shots of it at the ER. I think it had promethazine in it one time though, but the other time i know it was only demerol and i always figured that must be how people that IV H feel when they nod out.

Everybody's different though. Alot of people on here say morphine sedates them but i'm the complete opposite. I can't sleep at all on morphine
    Well, I wouldn't say it's non sedating, I just meant speedier. Kind of like how people say Oxy is speedier than morphine. That's all. It's not like coke or anything like that if that's what you thought I meant. I've never IV'd Demerol, so I can't speak on that. I do know that's the best way to do it, as the bioavailability of oral Demerol is low, but I wasn't IV'ing at that point when I did it, and I only did it that one time. Took 3 of the 50mg pills. All in all, I think I built it up too much in my mind. I was expecting extreme euphoria and a "heroin-like" high like you said. Maybe it is like that IV'd, but orally it was comparable to the hydro that I was doing at the time. But, I do think 150mg was enough to know what it was going to do, because I had a really low tolerance then (30-40mg of hydro would get me nodding). But yeah, I think it's speedier like oxy than I do morphine, although I think morphine is somewhat speedy too, but that's probably because I usually get it from Pods. When I do morphine pills (Kadian), they're definitely more sedating than pods. I'm assuming it's the synergistic effects of the other alkaloids on the morphine that makes pods feel speedy to me. I get so much donw when I'm on pods, and I have a hard time sleeping too.

Departed Opiophile chemboy7 has disabled reputation chemboy7's Avatar

Default Lomotil - Diphenoxylate and Atropine

I had a question about this antidiarrheal I was hoping might get cleared up. I was prescribed 10 of these tiny little Lomotil pills not too long ago and really wanted to get high on them but was worried about the Atropine they stuff in them to stop people from abusing or shooting them. I believe that they were 2mg Diphenoxylate with 0.25mg Atropine. I know that this is not a whopping dose of Atropine orally... I think effects begin somewhere in the 2mg range orally but I have know idea where the curve is IV. Anywho, I shot 2 of them... got alittle something (I have no tolerance right now) but was afraid to go higher due to the Atropine and swallowed the rest of the script. Does anyone know just how the Atropine in the pills effects the high and how much you can shoot before getting sick or delirious? I am sure I could get these little devils any time I wanted and although they may not be the best high, if they were ok to shoot it would be nice to know.

--The Sock Puppet Pervert--

True Opiophile Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy's Avatar

Default Re: Lomotil - Diphenoxylate and Atropine

Hm...well if you eat them you don't have to worry about it, as you've probably noticed. Diphenoxylate takes a LONG time to kick in (think methadone), whereas atropine wears off quickly. If you shoot a couple pills every 2 hours or so, eventually the diphenoxylate will start building up, but the atropine SHOULD have enough time to wear off in between. If not, add an extra hour between shots.

I would always swallow 15-30 of those little micro pills, and i would feel a LITTLE bit of the atropine i think: slightly less dilated pupils than they should be, and dryer mouth than should be, but i was fine, nothing bad really happened.

I was really hoping for booting a bunch of them at once to get that rush though... I hear that Diphenoxylate is tits w/o additives.

HRH The Princess Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon's Avatar

You can safely take them in larger doses, at least orally. I don't have any knowledge of shooting them. I had them back in 2001, and I remember taking around 20-25 at once. I want to say that the Atropine isn't very effective orally, but I think that would go out the window if you IV'd it. I wouldn't IV a large amount. I will say that yes, you can get a decent opiate high from them if you have a low tolerance, but they will dilate your pupils. The Atropine in them is an anticholinergic, related to belladonna. Belladonna was used by noble women in the renaissance to dilate their pupils. Dilated pupils were (and sort of still are, if you go by psychological studies of babies responding more favorably to dilated pupils as opposed to constricted ones) a sign of beauty. I believe the form was in an eye drop / solution made from bella donna. Bella donna means beautiful lady in Italian. It does take a while to kick in. Also, your pupils will probably be a little bloodshot.
    Taceant colloquia; effugiat risus.
    Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.

You could always try extracting it, maybe?

Never Looked Back Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Narkotikon View Post
    You can safely take them in larger doses, at least orally. I don't have any knowledge of shooting them. I had them back in 2001, and I remember taking around 20-25 at once. I want to say that the Atropine isn't very effective orally, but I think that would go out the window if you IV'd it. I wouldn't IV a large amount. I will say that yes, you can get a decent opiate high from them if you have a low tolerance, but they will dilate your pupils. The Atropine in them is an anticholinergic, related to belladonna. Belladonna was used by noble women in the renaissance to dilate their pupils. Dilated pupils were (and sort of still are, if you go by psychological studies of babies responding more favorably to dilated pupils as opposed to constricted ones) a sign of beauty. I believe the form was in an eye drop / solution made from bella donna. Bella donna means beautiful lady in Italian. It does take a while to kick in. Also, your pupils will probably be a little bloodshot.
    Belladonna (Atropa Belladonna)contains Atropine. And Scopolamine and Hyoscapine. I might of spelled that last one wrong but these are the 3 main tropane alkaloids.

LARGE doses are NOT good. I made that mistake twice... (yeah twice, bone headed huh?)

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    You could always try extracting it, maybe?

I suppose if I already had a few scripts, I only get like 10 per. I don't know what the solubilities of Diphenoxylate and Atropine in different solvents are, wouldn't be too hard to find out but I suspect that they would be very similar looking at it from a manufacturers standpoint... they really get off on gunking up junkies pills.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Verine View Post
    LARGE doses are NOT good. I made that mistake twice... (yeah twice, bone headed huh?)
    Well, yeah, not large doses. But you can take more than it says on the script. It probably varies with each person too. But, yeah, too much and you could die. Atropine and scopalamine and things like that are fatal in large doses. That's true with most things though.
    Taceant colloquia; effugiat risus.
    Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.

They (Belladonna alkaloids) will make you hallucinate wildly and go into a very bad nasty place way before they will kill you... that's what I'm worried about. What a way to ruin a perfectly good high. I believe it has been disputed as to whether Atropine actually does this like Scopolomine (which I am pretty sure is the same thing as Hyoscamine) but I would rather not guinea pig it IV'ing unknown amounts.

Never Looked Back Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chemboy7 View Post
    They (Belladonna alkaloids) will make you hallucinate wildly and go into a very bad nasty place way before they will kill you... that's what I'm worried about. What a way to ruin a perfectly good high. I believe it has been disputed as to whether Atropine actually does this like Scopolomine (which I am pretty sure is the same thing as Hyoscamine) but I would rather not guinea pig it IV'ing unknown amounts.
    That's exactly what I was talking about. I've smoked a hallucinogenic dose of Jimsonweed seeds on 2 occasions. Jimsonweed contains the same tropane alkaloids as Belladonna. Although I'm pretty sure the levels of different alkaloids vary between the 2 plants both are considered very poisonous.

I had a terrible, terrifying experience both times. That's why I laugh about having done it twice. For some reason I thought I'd be able to control it better or somehow learn to like it after the first time so I did it again a few years later. The second experience was the worse of the 2... Terrible!

I believe Mandrake root also contains the same alkaloids but they are usually referred to as Belladonna alkaloids... not cool stuff to mess around with.

Never Looked Back Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid's Avatar

how would you compare diphenoxylate in terms of potency to something like tramadol, propoxyphene, or codeine? is difenoxin, brand name Motofen, prescribed in the US still?
    by the way, there is a cold water extraction for lomotil. atropine is soluble in water and diphenoxylate is not very so you eat what settles to the bottom and throw out the atropine water. that is what I remember reading anyways.
    another interesting thing is I've heard it doesn't have any analgesic effects.
    "The magnitude of pleasure reaches its limit in the removal of all pain. When such pleasure is present, so long as it is uninterrupted, there is no pain either of body or of mind or of both together." -Epicurus
    The Sick Life | OpioWiki |
    http://lp.org http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

Opiophile ryan is a glorious beacon of light ryan is a glorious beacon of light ryan is a glorious beacon of light ryan is a glorious beacon of light ryan is a glorious beacon of light ryan is a glorious beacon of light ryan is a glorious beacon of light ryan is a glorious beacon of light ryan is a glorious beacon of light ryan is a glorious beacon of light ryan is a glorious beacon of light ryan's Avatar

If diphenoxylate isn't soluble in water then everyone who IV's these pills are IVing pure atropine..
    Not good, lol..

A "reverse CWE" would seem to be the best way to get the good stuff.
    Fuck signatures.

Opiophorum Member blenderqueen is an unknown quantity at this point

ok but so the bottom line is that they are good or at least adequate for staving off withdrawals? I'm way way low on meds and have to work all the rest of this week. saw this thread & remembered have a bunch of lomotils. (like 20 maybe?) from an old script myself. this could be a life saver for me as dread the thought of having to work sick.....

another question I am wondering is would it be better to use them to try to stretch or potentiate what few meds I do have left? or wait til run out of all of em & then just use the lomotil? sorry just not thinking too clearly right now. so thanks for the input!

glad I stumbled across this thread
    BQ
    -Nothing left to do but smile smile smile

Quote Originally Posted by blenderqueen View Post
    ok but so the bottom line is that they are good or at least adequate for staving off withdrawals? I'm way way low on meds and have to work all the rest of this week. saw this thread & remembered have a bunch of lomotils. (like 20 maybe?) from an old script myself. this could be a life saver for me as dread the thought of having to work sick.....

another question I am wondering is would it be better to use them to try to stretch or potentiate what few meds I do have left? or wait til run out of all of em & then just use the lomotil? sorry just not thinking too clearly right now. so thanks for the input!

glad I stumbled across this thread
    Yes, it's an opioid but passes the BBB poorly, so you have to take quite a few to get a buzz off them. Just to keep the withdrawals away, you probably need to take at least 10 of those. (I'm making an assumption about your tolerance now)

I'd wait as long as you can after your meds run out and start then. I don't think there's any reason to mix with your regular stuff. But now that I think about it, it seems like 6 of one half a dozen of the other. Whatever you can do to make things last.

Good luck!

Never Looked Back hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod's Avatar

Careful of the atropine added to lomotil to prevent abuse!

The atropine really only matters if you IV. The oral dose is so low, I've taken 30 one day, another 30 the next with only a bit of extra dry mouth to worry about. I've read accounts of people taking upwards of 100 at once. I wouldn't recommend it at all, the atropine will probably make you pretty sick, but primarily it's there so people don't IV it. IV diphenoxylate must be pretty good...heh. Or not.

Never Looked Back Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid's Avatar

I believe it is anything under 1-2mg of atropine shouldn't be too much of a problem if taken orally. I guess if you were going to IV diphenoxylate you would have to do a CWE (if using lomotil) and then use glycerine or alcohol as diphenoxylate is pretty much insoluble in water.
    "The magnitude of pleasure reaches its limit in the removal of all pain. When such pleasure is present, so long as it is uninterrupted, there is no pain either of body or of mind or of both together." -Epicurus

OpioNoMo DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA's Avatar

the atropine is an opioid antagonist, without atropine is an opiate with opiate effects, and was abused in my country by IV when it was sold without atropine on them and at larger doses for pain.
    But with atropine you get the atropine effects that counteract the opiates effects and like i said atropine is a mu opioid antagonist at high doses.

like i said junkies around here used to shot that stuff mixed wih valium ampoules.. thats why atropine was latter added

OpioNoMo DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA is just really nice DCBA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paregoric Kid View Post
    I believe it is anything under 1-2mg of atropine shouldn't be too much of a problem if taken orally. I guess if you were going to IV diphenoxylate you would have to do a CWE (if using lomotil) and then use glycerine or alcohol as diphenoxylate is pretty much insoluble in water.
    So if you do a CWE and only ingest the leftovers on top of the coffefilter from the CWE.. if you do that then you can ingest all the diphenoxylate you can get without atropine! Too bad lomotil is not available in here anymore, diphenoxylate is weak but its an opiate and all opiates are good to have around.. at least is way better than loperamide (imodium) and many ppl use loperamide to alleviate WD and some even try it at very high doses for a very low opiate effect.. i would do diphenoxylate if no other opiates were possible to get and i wanted to get opiate high!

where did you get your info about atropine being an opioid antagonist? it is a muscarinic receptor antagonist but I've never heard of it having any opioid antagonist effects. wikipedia says the dose of atropine in lomotil is 1/40th the theraputic dose so I imagine you could take quite a bit without significant effects from atropine. but it couldn't hurt to do a cwe. also has anyone tried motofen (difenoxin with atropine)? when diphenoxylate is metabolized it produces difenoxin and other active metabolites. the strange thing about difenoxin is that if it is mixed with atropine it is schedule IV but difenoxin by itself is schedule I. the only other thing I've heard like that was maybe etorphine or dihydroetorphine being schedule I unless it was used by veterinarians to knock out elephants, then it was schedule II. with diphenoxylate it is schedule II unless it is mixed with atropine then it is schedule V but requires a prescription.

Atropine isn't an opioid antagonist, at least not in any serious regard. It's one of the tropane alkaloids, and when i take a lot of lomotil, i can feel the atropine, but it doesn't block the lomotil at all. I'd like to see a source that says it's an antagonist. Unless it's an antagonist in the same way that coffee is an antagonist: it technically is a little bit (or in the case of coffee, it contains trace antagonists), but won't have any real effect on an opioid dose.

atropine isn't an antagonist, it just fucks you up in a bad way if you IV it in a decent dose.

edit: in some states, lomotil can be dispensed without a script, the same way codeine can. i.e. the pharmacist informs you of it, and you sign your name, and show ID. but it's even rarer to find a pharmacy that actually does it than it is with codeine syrup.

I've heard people claim its OTC but in the US I've never seen any proof of that to be true. anyone ever actually get or try to get it OTC? there are many CV medicines that are not available OTC anywhere, like lyrica for example. though I wouldn't doubt if one or two states technically allowed it but no pharmacy actually sells it.

It's definitely not OTC in the US, I think it might be in Canada. I don't claim to be an expert on anything, but if there's one thing I have experience, both firsthand, and in research, with, it's lomotil, and it's definitely not over the counter. I don't think there are any C-V that are over the counter. Or do you count pharmacist-dispensed as over the counter? Like codeine, where you have to sign and show ID. I don't consider that over the counter, but in some states it's legal to dispense lomotil like that, but I've never heard of it being done. my guess would be because not many pharmacists would want to do that, and if one of "us" is gonna do it, we'd probably just go for codeine anyway (though i wouldn't).

Never Looked Back The Paregoric Man is a glorious beacon of light The Paregoric Man is a glorious beacon of light The Paregoric Man is a glorious beacon of light The Paregoric Man is a glorious beacon of light The Paregoric Man is a glorious beacon of light The Paregoric Man is a glorious beacon of light The Paregoric Man is a glorious beacon of light The Paregoric Man is a glorious beacon of light The Paregoric Man is a glorious beacon of light The Paregoric Man is a glorious beacon of light The Paregoric Man is a glorious beacon of light

Lomotil is very cheap and OTC here, by itself it seems to compare favorably to buprenorphine in that it gives you motivation and energy but no "warmth". A 10 pill dose (25mg diphenoxylate) felt a lot like .5-1mg buprenorphine.

I find the best use for it is boosting and extending the high of other opiates.

Oh and if anyone is curious even at 10 pills the atropine was undetectable, no dry mouth or anything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2