View Poll Results: Ms Contin:sublingual VS. Snorting?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Snorting(intranasal)

43 68.25%
  • Sublingual(under the tongue)

20 31.75%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ms Contin: Snorting vs.sublingual ingestion?

Occasionally Opiated NARKOS is an unknown quantity at this point NARKOS's Avatar

Ms Contin: Snorting vs.sublingual ingestion?

Which would provide the longest high, snorting(intranasal) or sublingual(under the tongue)? I have 30 mg MS Contins. I have been snorting half of a pill crushed but the high doesn't seem to last very long. Oral consumption lasts 8-12 hrs, too long for me too do anything important. Smoking in a vaporizer seems to work, but there is NO drowsiness at all(but my pupils pinpoint so i know the morphine is being ingested properly)? Any ideas anyone? addition: I also take 0.5 mg of klonopin daily for panic attacks, and have noticed that my pupils stay pinpointed for long periods of time when snorting the pills.Any reason why?
    Last edited by NARKOS; 02-28-2006 at 05:33 PM.

Occasionally Opiated Bad Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Ms Contin: Snorting vs.sublingual ingestion?

Have you tried to seperate the morph from all the crap,this will leave you a more potentent yeild,thus allowing you to do much more with it.I think snorting this 'freebase' will have the desired effect.

But what I'm not sure of is how long the buzz will last.That is the controlled release is due to a compressed of the tablet?or morf thats geneticly modifyed strain designed to last longer.

Jr. Opiophile jab will become famous soon enough jab will become famous soon enough jab will become famous soon enough jab's Avatar

My vote is neither.

MSContin is best either orally, as scripted, or IV. Sublingual will not defeat the time matrix. Snorting is horrible, as it doesn't beat the time realease matrix, and once in contact with nasal liquid will gel up in your nose; making you lose some of the precious goods.

Oxycontin is good insuflated, but not MSContin. Good luck.
    ..jab

Never Looked Back Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid's Avatar

morphine is a complete waste taken orally. from the studies I've read on sublingual morphine administration it seems that most people end up swallowing the morphine solution instead of having most of it be absorbed sublingually. so if you can snort the brand of morphine you have go ahead. IV is the best and plugging is just as good as an IM injection, so I've read.
    some brands are a pain in the ass to break the time release. kadians are the best extended release I've seen, you just crush the beads to break the time release mechanism.
    "The magnitude of pleasure reaches its limit in the removal of all pain. When such pleasure is present, so long as it is uninterrupted, there is no pain either of body or of mind or of both together." -Epicurus
    The Sick Life | OpioWiki |
    http://lp.org http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

Opiophorum Member GMorris is an unknown quantity at this point

Of the two or three different brands I've encountered, all of them were perfectly snortable, and I enjoyed them just as much as an IR. If they are crushed VERY fine, it will defeat some or most of the timed-release mechanism in my experience. Of course, everyone is different so I say give it a try and if you don't like it, try some other way. Now as for sublingual, I have serious doubts that it will do much good. I've held the IR's in my mouth for a period of time, but the biggest problem I have is that I'll salivate so much that I end up with a mouth full of spit and have to swallow it eventually. Unless someone makes a formulation specifically for sub, it's not likely to be very efficient, and especially with the MSContin!

Never Looked Back exitwound is an unknown quantity at this point exitwound's Avatar
    Shoot yourself in the balls and then electrocute yourself. That's how I always feel!!!

What about crushing an MSContin, dissolving the powder in water (or in the case of the Endo mscontin, it becomes a sustained-release gel that only releases a little faster than the tablet does when solid), and plugging?

Since the Endo version I get doesn't fully dissolve in water, does rectal administration make any sense? Will the increased absorption level make up for the potential lost intake due to not being able to keep the gel in contact with the intestinal lining for its full dissolution time?
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - The Good Doctor, Hunter S. Thompson

Left the building. ontario_opiophile is an unknown quantity at this point ontario_opiophile's Avatar

Snorting is a fucking waste. I haven't snorted for years but when I was younger I used to rail shit all the time and it didn't work very well. In my opinon, oral administration is better. The amount of drug that gets wasted up the nose is too much. It always sticks to the nose and clumps up or goes too far and goes directly down your throat, orally. I just don't like it. But it seems to work well for other people so who the fuck knows? Also, the taste is shitty. I don't like the drip at all. The only drip I was ever fond of was a cocaine drip. Cocaine stands alone because it has an anesthetic effect on the nose and throat, thus giving you no shitty taste. I hate cocaine but god I have fond memories of the drip. I just can't imagine railing an MS contin or MS instant release. I just dislike the feeling you get in your nasal/throat area. I don't mind the taste of pills sublingually, I just dislike the taste when it's went up my nose. Most of the shit you sniff up your nose ends up dribbling down your throat anyways so I don't really see the points of going the nasal route. I prefer oral to sublingual but I don't mind sublingual, I think it's pretty cool. Everyone has their own preferences though, none of the routes of admin are wrong. I wonder if there is any routes of administration that we haven't talked about. There must be some weird shit. Like Subpenile lmao. Or vaginal. Oh god..imagine that.

Jr. Opiophile bogumil is a jewel in the rough bogumil is a jewel in the rough bogumil is a jewel in the rough bogumil is a jewel in the rough bogumil is a jewel in the rough bogumil is a jewel in the rough bogumil is a jewel in the rough bogumil's Avatar

Voted for snorting but only cause I had to choose one. I snorted the IR and the crushed long times and I have the feeling that the long times are working better when snorted. But somehow it makes me only tired.

True Opiophile alowishus has disabled reputation alowishus's Avatar

Gotta brown those boys!!!

Waste waste waste!!!! I hate waste, and to do anything else is a big waste.

Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.
    - Emo Phillips

Never Looked Back exitwound is an unknown quantity at this point exitwound's Avatar
    Shoot yourself in the balls and then electrocute yourself. That's how I always feel!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alowishus
    Gotta brown those boys!!!

Waste waste waste!!!! I hate waste, and to do anything else is a big waste.
    Will an MS Contin absorb well rectally compared to orally? Will the Endo variety, which gel up effectively no matter how well finely crushed, really stay in contact with the anal mucosa long enough for that to make sense?
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - The Good Doctor, Hunter S. Thompson

Swim says so....worked fine for him. He had the NAAP brand which would do the same (jell up) he just added more water.... you don't want a gooy mass

I think you'll get a couple of "here here's" from people around here on this one.

Necking is just so wasteful even if you use tag and/or grapefruit.

- Emo Phillips

Opiophile God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light God_Albino is a glorious beacon of light

my tolerance is too high for oral/snorting to do any good, but i can never get the trick to work on beating the gelly.

i thought i finally got it right last time, i got the shit to one side, but it ended up gelling back up any way.

i hate wasting them, but until i can get a clean shot out of one whatre you gonna do

True Opiophile duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck's Avatar

I've never had any brand of extended release morphine that was anything but absolute hell to snort. My nose still feels weird every once in a while from this one time I snorted a MS Contin 100. Will never do that again.

People always say it's a waste to eat it, but I have gotten off quite nicely from eating the Avinza 120's, MS Contin 60s and MS Contin 100's.

Granny Nurse Moderator
    PLATINUM MEMBER
    SUPER FUCKING SOLID GOLD MEMBER
    Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exitwound View Post
    Will an MS Contin absorb well rectally compared to orally? Will the Endo variety, which gel up effectively no matter how well finely crushed, really stay in contact with the anal mucosa long enough for that to make sense?
    Wipe the coating off the pill & let it dry.
    Grind the ms contin to a very fine powder, add water.
    Then plug that baby! If you use the search engine here you will find an excellent thread on how to plug drugs, and ms contin really absorbs best rectally. At your drug store you can purchase a 5 cc syringe with a soft silicone tube designed to give babies medicine by mouth. Trim the tube length down and this makes a world class plugging device.
    Enjoy.

OpioNoMo ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice
    Right ther right ther (aka midcoast Maine)

Quote Originally Posted by Paregoric Kid View Post
    morphine is a complete waste taken orally. from the studies I've read on sublingual morphine administration it seems that most people end up swallowing the morphine solution instead of having most of it be absorbed sublingually. so if you can snort the brand of morphine you have go ahead. IV is the best and plugging is just as good as an IM injection, so I've read.
    some brands are a pain in the ass to break the time release. kadians are the best extended release I've seen, you just crush the beads to break the time release mechanism.
    Is there any difference between kadian and avinza, I've yet to find any.

OpioNoMo sunsrequiem is fresh on the scene. sunsrequiem is fresh on the scene.

I love IV morph...u only get what...30% maybe from taking it orally? And yes...snorting burns the nose. Every time i do it, i always say i'll never do it again.

True Opiophile duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck's Avatar

I highly, highly suggest anyone using the Avinza or Kadian morphine check out my new tutorial here: http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=20893

It works incredibly well and gets rid of all those plastic balls!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppylvr View Post
    Wipe the coating off the pill & let it dry.
    Grind the ms contin to a very fine powder, add water.
    Then plug that baby! If you use the search engine here you will find an excellent thread on how to plug drugs, and ms contin really absorbs best rectally. At your drug store you can purchase a 5 cc syringe with a soft silicone tube designed to give babies medicine by mouth. Trim the tube length down and this makes a world class plugging device.
    Enjoy.

If anyone looked and saw just how old this thread was......
    Sorry Poppylvr but exitwound left this board years ago. So did everyone else in this thread besides myself and Paregoric Kid.
    Attached Images

- Emo Phillips

Never Looked Back Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid's Avatar

I haven't seen avinzas around that many times but I do remember them seeming to be practically the same as kadians. I like that it comes in 120mg as opposed to the 100mg kadians but the 200mg kadians are sweet.
    "The magnitude of pleasure reaches its limit in the removal of all pain. When such pleasure is present, so long as it is uninterrupted, there is no pain either of body or of mind or of both together." -Epicurus
    The Sick Life | OpioWiki |
    http://lp.org http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

Opiophile rachamim18 is just really nice rachamim18 is just really nice rachamim18 is just really nice rachamim18 is just really nice rachamim18 is just really nice rachamim18 is just really nice rachamim18 is just really nice rachamim18 is just really nice rachamim18 is just really nice rachamim18's Avatar

Keep in mind that the only way to really boost bio or peak is to inject, and you should NEVER inject oral meds. Orally, rectally, or intransally you will not have any different results (apart from onset).

There are ways to increase it, primarily using med-grade chitosan, but it has to be compounded correctly and is not as simple as some might think.

Occasionally Opiated ReadyMade is an unknown quantity at this point ReadyMade's Avatar

I chose snorting because it always seems to work the best for me. The little purple 30s is what led me into the world of opiates, I was 15 when I first tried it and since then, opiates have become the love of my life.

These days, when I do obtain Ms Contin, it is usually the malli 100's. If im not hurting and don't need it right away, I usually crush up the pill (or several pills for that matter) and let them sit overnight in however many mL of water I need to properly dissolve the pill(s) and defeat the time-release. In the morning, I filter out the goo that is left, and put the remaining solution in a nasal spray bottle and toot the solution of morphine.

This is the only way I use morphine if i dont have any rigs, and it seems to work alot faster and stronger than just simply snorting the powder.

Junky Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough

Good idea, im going to definitly try the nasal spray idea, ive been going through w/d for fuck i think its been like 20days of hell, and im getting 60 or maybe 120 60mg mscontin on monday and the waiting is killing me. I cant seem to keep my mind off of it not going though wd that much any more, or at all its just this mind game.

Never Looked Back Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear's Avatar
    South East, UK about 1 hour out from London.

Quote Originally Posted by rachamim18 View Post
    Keep in mind that the only way to really boost bio or peak is to inject, and you should NEVER inject oral meds. Orally, rectally, or intransally you will not have any different results (apart from onset).
    I agree that you should never inject oral medications. But stating orally, rectally, or intranasally you will not have any different results, this is simply not true. The different bio-availability of opiates by different routes is very well documented. This is a measure of how much of the drug is actually absorbed, bio-availability is not a measurement of how quickly the drug is absorbed, although they are follow the same pattern.

The Route of Administration (ROA) in order from the most effective, to least effective generally goes:
    IV > IM/SC > Rectal > Nasal > sublingual > oral

That's basically it, there are differences for different drugs, for example, with oxycodone oral is more effective than nasal. And with morphine, because the oral dose is so large, it's difficult to absorb much sub-lingually. But that's generally how drugs are absorbed.

OpioNoMo opiALOVE is fresh on the scene. opiALOVE is fresh on the scene. opiALOVE is fresh on the scene.

ive snorted, plugged, IMd, IVd all brands of MS. if you dont wanna IV, which i dont reccomend then you gotto go brown, as alow said. but fer sure IV is the best, awsome rush.. but NO LEGS, go brown you got legs... also i dont think oral is a waste. if i take 10-15 of my 30 mg MScontin, i get a good high that last hours. i love the oral high of morph. but you gotta take alot because oral bioavailabilty is only 30%.. so dose high

Occasionally Opiated luvrofopies is an unknown quantity at this point luvrofopies's Avatar

ive done morphine in every single roa. and snorting is by far the worst. fucking 10-15 percent bioavailability from snorting....thats even less than oral. iv morph is pretty good and the rush is quite unique, but it doesnt last long. now plugging is the way to go here folks. i have to agree that it is on par with IM administration but with a little longer duration. please no more snorting i hate it when people waste drugs just because they think snorting is the best way to take any drug, and when it comes to morph it certainly isn't.

Opiophile chemiKalz is just really nice chemiKalz is just really nice chemiKalz is just really nice chemiKalz is just really nice chemiKalz is just really nice chemiKalz is just really nice chemiKalz is just really nice chemiKalz is just really nice chemiKalz is just really nice chemiKalz is just really nice chemiKalz is just really nice chemiKalz's Avatar

I just tried plugging for the first time...
    60mg IR morphine I figured the best ROA would be to plug aside from injecting, and I only had 1 dirty rig. I crushed the pill to a powder and put it in some warm water that I had in an enema....

it was not fun, but I definetley feel it. I had to try 2 positions because some was leaking in the first position, so I put my legs over my head rofl and did it that way. Some orange globs are still stuck in the enema but I figure that its filler and glue etc.

edit: after looking up the pill from what I remember I guess the pill is extended release...I hope it still works ok plugged since I crushed it as fine as I could??
    Last edited by chemiKalz; 04-02-2009 at 05:09 PM. Reason: mistake

Junkies might be easy to knock down, but they're never fragile. They have souls like old leather shoes studded with steel, and they're about as much good as friends.

Junky Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough

The thing with the slow release is no matter how fine you can get the powder i find that some morphine always stays binded with the wax or what ever the time release is. I know this because if i take 200mg Mscontin i can go the next day with out feeling any w/d. If i take 200mg MS Instant release i start feeling withdrawals the next day.

Occasionally Opiated PhoenixRisen is an unknown quantity at this point PhoenixRisen's Avatar

When I've used the oblong 60 endo, if I try to chew them up and dissolve them in my mouth, the gelling effect kind if gets eliminated. Then it's just a tasty morphine juice that hits pretty fast.

Opiophile Moderator SeVeN has disabled reputation SeVeN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRisen View Post
    When I've used the oblong 60 endo, if I try to chew them up and dissolve them in my mouth, the gelling effect kind if gets eliminated. Then it's just a tasty morphine juice that hits pretty fast.
    I would call morphine juice anything but tasty lol
    Tiocfaidh ar la

Trust No One

“It is one of the great joys of home ownership to fire a pistol in one's own bedroom”
    ― Alfred Jarry

“People who boast about their IQ’s are losers.” Stephen Hawking

Never Looked Back HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates's Avatar

Yall remember that post I started about me snorting the green 30mg MScontins and it clogging my nose and for an hour green globs were running outta my nose?? haha

Well, I found out a way to do it without any problems. It might sound funny but, I Nasal spray the fuck out of desired nostril and rail it and bam I'm good haha Taking them orally just wasn't giving me that oomphh I wanted.
    Just thought I'd share that

"Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it". -Thomas Jefferson

"Not Rocka-fella, more like Mr. Cinderella, standing in the rain with a ripped umbrella"

These chemicals of Emeralds
    Last of the free tribes
    What kills your pain is what's giving me vibes

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast