Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it legal to buy syringes where you live?

Tsukiyomi-no-mikoto JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM's Avatar
    In a suburban town with nothing to do, patiently waiting for something to happen.

Default Is it legal to buy syringes where you live?

The chart below lists what states are legally allowed to prescribe and sell you syringes (as a IV drug user), and which are not.

I am personally not an shooter but I hope those that are find this helpful

The chart above was taken from hxxp://www.rwjf.org/reports/grr/037162.htm (I broke the link just to be safe)

Last edited by JonnyM; 12-17-2009 at 11:17 AM. Reason: clarification

Dopiophile Moderator jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub's Avatar

Default Re: Is it legal to buy syringes where you live?

It says pharmacy sale of prescribed syringes. Don't all states allow you to do that? In SF, CA we can buy syringes OTC but it varies by county.

Is it illegal to be diabetic in Delaware? Who lives in the dirty DE?
    Last edited by jdub; 03-03-2008 at 06:35 PM. Reason: ??

Opiophorum Member eveline will become famous soon enough eveline will become famous soon enough eveline will become famous soon enough eveline's Avatar

I believe those lists are about doctors prescribing syringes to drug users, and pharmacies dispensing them to drug users with a prescription.

There's a list of which states syringes are OTC at hxxp://www.temple.edu/lawschool/phrhcs/otc.htm.

There's another list about whether holding on to used syringes for safe disposal can get you in trouble for paraphernalia here: hxxp://www.temple.edu/lawschool/phrhcs/disposal.htm.

I was thinking that it'd be good to sticky a thread about this and locations of needle exchanges.

Yeah, Delaware sucks.
    Last edited by eveline; 03-03-2008 at 06:47 PM. Reason: add stuff

Never Looked Back blackdog is just really nice blackdog is just really nice blackdog is just really nice blackdog is just really nice blackdog is just really nice blackdog is just really nice blackdog is just really nice blackdog is just really nice blackdog is just really nice blackdog is just really nice blackdog is just really nice blackdog's Avatar

Re: Is it legal to buy syringes where you live?

http://www.temple.edu/lawschool/aidspolicy/apolicy.htm
    this should take you to where he said about list of states.
    also temple has alot of pertinent info concerning drug laws and how they effect us in general.
    chk it out. peace /respect dawg,
    Life is just what happens to you when you're busy making other plans,john lennon,

OpioNoMo OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice

i don't iv personally, but to my knowledge, in NY near the city (prob the whole state, but i am just familiar with my specific area) you can walk into any CVS and ask for a sterile "insulin syringe" or a "29 gauge" or whatever it's called, and you can buy a single wrapped sterile one, needle and all, for $1.75...only hitch is that it's behind pharmacy counter, so you have to ask, and you must be at least 18 with valid ID...

i know elsewhere it's not that easy, and in some localities i have even heard of flat out refusal without a current, valid doctor's script.

Never Looked Back strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks's Avatar

Man i live in Pennsylvania and i know if i would go to ANY drug store and be sold or given syringes with OUT a prescription from a doctor it would be illegal,most pharmasits would laugh in my face while calling the cops.

it would be like getting a script of pills for that matter cause you get the same charge here if you are caught with a pill that aint prescribed to you or needles that arent prescribed to you.

"the drug device and,cosmetic act or some shit.

i dunno were you got that list but here in pa. it is wrong ,the only over the counter needle i can go and buy is like this huge monster for shooting up horses or something and they are sold over the counter at the farm and fleet store(farm&country it is called.i think it was in the 30 or more gauge but i dunno.

and it is soo big that you almost need stitches to close up the hole,but in a pinch you could use it once.

maybe the list PA is on is mislabeled or means you can buy them but with a prescription,legally,??

okay these pa. laws are crazy long and boring,but check this out what i found in the PA>laws

The medical practice act and controlled substance act.
    A Doctor may prescribe......... 1)in good faith..2)in usual course of professional practice...3)in accords with treatment accepted by a responsible segment of the medical profession.......a prescription for sterile injection equipment ,issued to a patient who cannot and/or will not enter drug treatment,for the purpose of preventing the spread of infectious diseases during injection would seem to be well within the parameters of allowable discretion set by this standard.

holy shit i guess most of these are geared toward a known AIDS patient who is on IV drugs but there seems to be a loophole that he can prescribe it to anyone really for harm reduction.

i started a poll thread on this also and i did not copy soo i wander who did it first...it is heroin section i am going to investigate.. peace
    Last edited by strikks; 03-05-2008 at 04:50 PM.
    THE MONKEY ON MY BACK HAS A CHIP ON HIS SHOULDER!!!

FARE THEE WELL!! If we all lived by "an
    eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" we would all be blind and toothless----Mahatma Gandhi
    "You'd rather STAND KNEE DEEP in shit ,then let the world see you with a SHOVEL"----the wire

Dopiophile Moderator jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub's Avatar

^^ Higher the gauge, smaller the needle. Like a shotgun. 30 is a small needle.

Never Looked Back strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jdub View Post
    ^^ Higher the gauge, smaller the needle. Like a shotgun. 30 is a small needle.

oh i always forget that shit......then it musta been a 10 gauge or something cuz my 27 gauge seems big...no seriously i think it was like a 20 or 19 maybe then..

yeah i started a thread on this with a poll in the heroin forum a day b4 this one??mine has a poll and is super duper better......lol
    THE MONKEY ON MY BACK HAS A CHIP ON HIS SHOULDER!!!

FARE THEE WELL!! If we all lived by "an
    eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" we would all be blind and toothless----Mahatma Gandhi
    "You'd rather STAND KNEE DEEP in shit ,then let the world see you with a SHOVEL"----the wire

Never Looked Back Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy's Avatar

I have no problem getting insulin pins in CO. BD larges (i.e., 25ga 1inch 3ml) they sometimes whant prescription or at least a damn good explaination for....

Never Looked Back SurfRat is just really nice SurfRat is just really nice SurfRat is just really nice SurfRat is just really nice SurfRat is just really nice SurfRat is just really nice SurfRat is just really nice SurfRat is just really nice SurfRat is just really nice SurfRat is just really nice SurfRat is just really nice SurfRat's Avatar

Yes.

Mobile Caravan:

Thursday night in downtown SD.

Friday morning in North Park.
    I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
    Woody Allen

"I needed to talk to Jon, to tell him to make Francine drunker, madder,
    with one foot in hell, one hand yanking the corn from the stalk as death approached,
    with the nearby buildings having faces out of dreams, looking down on the sadness of existence for us all:
    the rich, the poor, the beautiful, and the ugly, the talented and the useless."
    Bukowski

Never Looked Back Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine's Avatar

Here in Illinois, I can walk into any pharmacy and buy a bag of 10 for $3, no questions asked. There may be areas in the state where the pharmacist gives junkies a hard time, but where I live it's no problem.

Jr. Opiophile Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt's Avatar

In Michigan it is legal to buy them but some pharmacies are tighter than others. Rite-Aid is one that will always sell them, Walgreens is one that is almost always going to deny them, CVS is hit or miss and the big grocery stores in the area that have pharmacies will typically sell them.

I think the grocery stores want you to look like you're actually shopping there for other things as well because they don't want every IV user around to come running through the store straight to the pharmacy for rigs, it scares the straights away. I think these stores are really the only ones with 3ml rigs.
    This is your brain on drugs. . . any questions?

OpioNoMo Consumed. is just really nice Consumed. is just really nice Consumed. is just really nice Consumed. is just really nice Consumed. is just really nice Consumed. is just really nice Consumed. is just really nice Consumed. is just really nice Consumed. is just really nice
    somewhere way down south on the banks of the Nile

In NY they have to be a part of some affiliation that lets them sell over the counter. i know some big chains can some cant. All the small pharmacies usually give you no trouble though.

Never Looked Back Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint is one bad motherfucker Saint's Avatar

I used to buy them in a medical equipment store..
    and like Surfrat says: mobile caravan.. we have those in Amsterdam, needleexchange and free condoms.

OpioNoMo jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all

in los angeles they passed a law a few years ago that if a pharmacy wants to they can sell them without prescriptions, but i have yet to come across one that does. all the ones i been to say i need a scrip. but in washington state i had no problem, every pharmacy sells them no questions asked, any size any guage. 10 BDs for $2.50.

at least LA has a kick ass needle exchange program, you dont even need to have needles to get them (for free) at the one i go to in hollywood. the first time i went there i gave them 20 and they gave me 40 back.

Junky BigLou is fresh on the scene. BigLou is fresh on the scene. BigLou's Avatar

It was illegal in pa, you had to be a diabetic, and have a card or whatever but they just changed the law and i been buyin new rigs every since, 2.99 for a ten pack of BD 1/2" 30 ga, 14.00 for 100 Terumo 29g 1/2"

Jr. Opiophile WhyCatsPaint is a glorious beacon of light WhyCatsPaint is a glorious beacon of light WhyCatsPaint is a glorious beacon of light WhyCatsPaint is a glorious beacon of light WhyCatsPaint is a glorious beacon of light WhyCatsPaint is a glorious beacon of light WhyCatsPaint is a glorious beacon of light WhyCatsPaint is a glorious beacon of light WhyCatsPaint is a glorious beacon of light WhyCatsPaint is a glorious beacon of light WhyCatsPaint is a glorious beacon of light WhyCatsPaint's Avatar

*cough*look at the date*cough

Cat Haiku
    The Mighty Hunter,
    Target Sighted....
    Butt Wiggle Engaged!

Tsukiyomi-no-mikoto JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM's Avatar
    In a suburban town with nothing to do, patiently waiting for something to happen.

yeah the imagine that , even expired so I had to find one real quick thats outdated to 2001 too.

Never Looked Back hero 1 has conned a lot of people to get this much rep hero 1 has conned a lot of people to get this much rep hero 1 has conned a lot of people to get this much rep hero 1 has conned a lot of people to get this much rep hero 1 has conned a lot of people to get this much rep hero 1 has conned a lot of people to get this much rep hero 1 has conned a lot of people to get this much rep hero 1 has conned a lot of people to get this much rep hero 1 has conned a lot of people to get this much rep hero 1 has conned a lot of people to get this much rep hero 1 has conned a lot of people to get this much rep hero 1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mallinckrodt View Post
    In Michigan it is legal to buy them but some pharmacies are tighter than others. Rite-Aid is one that will always sell them, Walgreens is one that is almost always going to deny them, CVS is hit or miss and the big grocery stores in the area that have pharmacies will typically sell them.

I think the grocery stores want you to look like you're actually shopping there for other things as well because they don't want every IV user around to come running through the store straight to the pharmacy for rigs, it scares the straights away. I think these stores are really the only ones with 3ml rigs.
    wally world will sell em buy the case about 17 bocks for a hundred but they have exchanges on both sides of the state dont know about the zoo or lansing just detroit and gr
    Meme vieille chanson

Departed Opiophile Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hero 1 View Post
    wally world will sell em buy the case about 17 bocks for a hundred but they have exchanges on both sides of the state dont know about the zoo or lansing just detroit and gr
    [SIZE=2][B]
    "...i paid a visit to Schrodinger in his vienna apartment before his death... There were no cats. I was told he did not like cats."[/B][/SIZE][B][SIZE=1][B] -quantam leaps, bernstein.[/B][/SIZE][/B]

(thanatos)

[
    'thiscapriciouswhim'
    ]

'grass is greener
    over here'

Never Looked Back Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck's Avatar

Re: Is it legal to buy syringes where you live?

It really sucks.
    Here in NJ you need an RX.
    So, as an IV drug user, I have to either get to a needle exchange (which are VERY FAR AWAY from me), or drive to NY.

"People Wouldn't Shoot Up If It Didn't Feel Good "

Opiophorum Member RaZeR has a spectacular aura about RaZeR has a spectacular aura about RaZeR has a spectacular aura about RaZeR has a spectacular aura about RaZeR has a spectacular aura about RaZeR has a spectacular aura about RaZeR's Avatar

I live in Wahington and for the most part I haven't had problems but certain neighborhoods are better, I had trouble a couple times out in the 'burbs. But what does NEP mean? Also I was wondering the difference between no legal means and no clearly legal means? I had to buy them down in Florida once or twice which is listed no clearly legal, and I had no problems getting them.

Jr. Opiophile erica is a name known to all erica is a name known to all erica is a name known to all erica is a name known to all erica is a name known to all erica is a name known to all erica is a name known to all erica is a name known to all erica is a name known to all erica is a name known to all erica is a name known to all erica's Avatar

This is quite an old thread, but I'll give my input anyway...

Here in Co, you do not have to have a Rx to purchase syringes...However, I've found that a lot of the time, they won't sell to you if they think that you're going to use them for anything but insulin. I have to make sure I look nice and definitely not sick when I go to buy them. Usually, I bring in an old box top and first ask if they have any Raspberry glucose tablets (which they don't carry), pretending that my diabetic grandfather is very picky, and has to have that specific flavor...and of course I'm doing his shopping for him...and oh, I need these syringes too.

Most of the time it works. The one time that I just went in and asked for the syringes, the pharmacist lady was really skeptical and bitchy, and said they didn't have the kind I wanted. I didn't believe her, because she said she could only give me a certain gauge/size (way smaller than I wanted), and then ended up bringing back a different kind than she originally stated 5 seconds earlier...Unless she happened to be really confused, she was just trying to trip me up. *shrug* Whatever, I used them anyway.
    I come and go, but I'm trying to stay.

Went to the doctor, and I asked her to make this stop
    Got medication, a new addiction, fucking thanks a lot
    Had a relapse, went back to rehab, ruins everything
    So point your finger, at the singer, he's in the pharmacy

Gives No Shits chopstix has disabled reputation chopstix's Avatar

I was in CO and had someone gave me some Seconal - umm, now I need a rig; way, way TOO many stories about IV seconal to pass that up. Got the points, i say they're for my cat. Anyway, modern seconal isn't the seconal of yore..

Used to feel bad about lying to my traveling partner; not anymore, not even fucking close..
    All posts made under the user account 'Chopstix' are exercises of creative fiction and in no way represent fact or truth. The user account 'Chopstix' is open to multiple authors with a common interest in lawful research and authoring fiction; and as such, no single user is responsible for the entirety of the post content of this account. No content may be reproduced in any form or fashion via any medium whatsoever unless specified with written and notarized permission of the original post author, without exception. Got that? Good! Have a bitchin' day.

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society"
    Krishnamurti

Opiophorum Member warbux is an unknown quantity at this point

easy solution buy the syringes online. also I live in Virginia,if this helps anyone, it's at the pharmacists discretion some pharmacies you goto will not sell to you and say you gotta have a prescription but others don't ask any questions when you ask them they just ask back "what size do you want?".

Opiophorum Member oneironaut will become famous soon enough oneironaut will become famous soon enough oneironaut will become famous soon enough oneironaut will become famous soon enough

wow thats crazy i didn't know it was that difficult in so many states. what is their problem? don't they know people are going to use whether or not they get clean spikes?
    reality is relative to the perciever

+ Reply to Thread