Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oxycodone vs. Methadone: Whats stronger?

Opiophorum Member Stonnewolf is an unknown quantity at this point Stonnewolf's Avatar

Default Oxycodone vs. Methadone: Whats stronger?

As the title says, which is stronger? I looked on one of those charts that calculates the does you'll need. That chart said 70 Mgs of methadone is equivalent to, i think, 170 mg(??) of oxycodone. I was just wanting to know what you all think.

Thanks,
    Stonnewolf

Jr. Opiophile Hiram is a glorious beacon of light Hiram is a glorious beacon of light Hiram is a glorious beacon of light Hiram is a glorious beacon of light Hiram is a glorious beacon of light Hiram is a glorious beacon of light Hiram is a glorious beacon of light Hiram is a glorious beacon of light Hiram is a glorious beacon of light Hiram is a glorious beacon of light Hiram is a glorious beacon of light Hiram's Avatar

Default Re: Oxycodone vs. Methadone: Whats stronger?

Methadone is going to be stronger and with a way longer half-life, but keep in mind that everybody's body reacts differently to meth. It's easy to get a toxic dose on meth and that point can vary from person to person dramatically based on more complex issues than simply tolerance. That's why OD's are more common with meth in an uncontrolled environment and also why the clinics gradually raise the dosage to get to the right maintenance dose.
    In a free society some are guilty but all are responsible.
    The opposite of good is not evil.
    The opposite of good is indifference.
    Abraham Joshua Heschel

Opiophorum Member Stonnewolf is an unknown quantity at this point Stonnewolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Methadone is going to be stronger and with a way longer half-life, but keep in mind that everybody's body reacts differently to meth. It's easy to get a toxic dose on meth and that point can vary from person to person dramatically based on more complex issues than simply tolerance. That's why OD's are more common with meth in an uncontrolled environment and also why the clinics gradually raise the dosage to get to the right maintenance dose.
    So 70 mg of methadone is equivalent to 170 mg of oxycodone?

Opiophile Moderator SeVeN has disabled reputation SeVeN's Avatar

Personally I think oxycodone is stronger. The high is much higher if u get me. But yes Mdone definately has a longer half life and horrible w/d's.
    Tiocfaidh ar la

Trust No One

“It is one of the great joys of home ownership to fire a pistol in one's own bedroom”
    ― Alfred Jarry

“People who boast about their IQ’s are losers.” Stephen Hawking

Never Looked Back Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stonnewolf View Post
    Those equivalence charts aren't exactly written in stone. There are a lot of other mitigating factors that need to be weighed in. Personal tolerance, unique physiology... ie - metabolism. Lots of stuff. Plus, you've got to remember 'done has a long half-life and it creeps up. That's why so many new users OD on it. They'll take X mg and they don't feel it so they take more and then maybe a little more. Next thing you know you're getting a cumulative effect and that could mean you're not breathing. I don't mean you in particular but Methadone is a weird drug and it's best to start small and keep it that way until you've got better acquainted with it's peculiarities. Good luck and stay safe.

BTW - Your avatar's funny as hell.
    Last edited by Uncle Wiggly; 02-13-2008 at 10:35 PM. Reason: add - grammar & sllpegni
    "Fifteen cents for the morphine, and twenty-five cents for the beer.
    Fifteen cents for the old morphine, now carry me away from here."
    "Soldier's Joy"
    (Traditional Scottish fiddle reel with lyrics added during the American Civil War)

Jr. Opiophile Hiram is a glorious beacon of light Hiram is a glorious beacon of light Hiram is a glorious beacon of light Hiram is a glorious beacon of light Hiram is a glorious beacon of light Hiram is a glorious beacon of light Hiram is a glorious beacon of light Hiram is a glorious beacon of light Hiram is a glorious beacon of light Hiram is a glorious beacon of light Hiram is a glorious beacon of light Hiram's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeN View Post
    Personally I think oxycodone is stronger.
    Maybe more euphoric, but I think that is probably what the original poster intended to ask.
    In a free society some are guilty but all are responsible.
    The opposite of good is not evil.
    The opposite of good is indifference.
    Abraham Joshua Heschel

Opiophorum Member waggz is fresh on the scene. waggz is fresh on the scene. waggz's Avatar

i believe methadone is more potent than oxycodone and as other posters said it can lead to many "easy" ODs because of the potency. Methadone isn't just like an OC. take to much and boom OD.

Ive never had a personal experience with meth but from what i have read and heard, yes meth is stronger than oxycodone, but i do believe that oxycodone is more euphoric.

hope this helps
    If You Only Knew...

Occasionally Opiated justonefix is an unknown quantity at this point justonefix's Avatar

a few years back when I was just a recreational drug user I got a line on some methadone... had never wanted to try it but a buddy of mine told me it was good and gave me a few 40mg waffer... now at this point in my life I would pop 20mgs of OC, go out drinking, and have the time of my life... one night I was drinking with a friend and we each took around 25mg of the done and had a blast, I mean we got stupid - hitting on anything and everything that resembled the opposite sex.... next day was the worst fucking day of my life - I blacked out and the next day was full of vomiting and horrible pain...................

guess the point is BE CAREFUL WITH THEM DONEIES IF ITS YOUR FIRST TIME!!! and fuck em' anyway the high off the OC's are way better and if you take dones for to long you won't get high off OC or H or anything for a few days - so whats the effin point>???

Never Looked Back Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wiggly View Post
    Those equivalence charts aren't exactly written in stone. There are a lot of other mitigating factors that need to be weighed in. Personal tolerance, unique physiology... ie - metabolism. Lots of stuff. Plus, you've got to remember 'done has a long half-life and it creeps up. That's why so many new users OD on it. They'll take X mg and they don't feel it so they take more and then maybe a little more. Next thing you know you're getting a cumulative effect and that could mean you're not breathing. I don't mean you in particular but Methadone is a weird drug and it's best to start small and keep it that way until you've got better acquainted with it's peculiarities. Good luck and stay safe.

BTW - Your avatar's funny as hell.
    I wish I would've read this post before I OD'ed on methadone years back. I had 4 "take home" doses at 80mg each. (someone sold them to me) I didn't know at the time how long Methadone took to kick in. I drank one, didn't feel anything, drank another one, didn't feel anything, blah, blah, blah I drank all 320mg and the next thing I know I'm having a near death experience, and I didn't see any white lights at the end of a tunnel. I went down! The absolute worst experience of my life, without question. I choked on my own vomit, my lungs filled with vomit, somebody found me lying on my back, blue faced with vomit everywhere... the "dream" I had was not good, NOT GOOD. There's a post describing it somewhere here in the archives.

Anyway, my point is that Uncle Wiggly's post here could have saved me from that experience, had there been an Opiophile.org then. I would've known better then to swallow 320mg in an hour at a time when a few Vicodin would get me high.

Tapering up!

Never Looked Back SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69's Avatar

no doubt about it, mg to mg, methadone is stronger. Still, Id rather have 100mg of oxycodone than 100mg of methadone. Stronger doesnt mean better. Oxycodone is more fun. But 100mg of methadone is going to help you maintain way longer than 100mg of oxycodone.
    hello.

Opiophorum Member gnat is an unknown quantity at this point gnat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stonnewolf View Post
    I'm prescribed 165mg oxycodone a day but I can get by on about 30-35mg methadone. Obviously not real high but feeling normal.

Opiophorum Member gnat is an unknown quantity at this point gnat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    no doubt about it, mg to mg, methadone is stronger. Still, Id rather have 100mg of oxycodone than 100mg of methadone. Stronger doesnt mean better. Oxycodone is more fun. But 100mg of methadone is going to help you maintain way longer than 100mg of oxycodone.
    werd... rather have some oxy for fun but when I'm out I'll go for done for stability and length of time that it helps for.

Oxy Stalker
    PLATINUM MEMBER
    SUPER FUCKING SOLID GOLD MEMBER
    eerased is a jewel in the rough eerased is a jewel in the rough eerased is a jewel in the rough eerased is a jewel in the rough eerased is a jewel in the rough eerased is a jewel in the rough eerased is a jewel in the rough eerased is a jewel in the rough eerased's Avatar

Oxy is definately more fun if you are looking for a euphoric high while done is more for if you are outta EVERYTHING else and need to stay well..
    Freedom Finally!

i get a little high off my methadone, but im not at an adequate dose yet.. i had a 250 mg oxy habbit before i started going to the clinic a month ago.

Never Looked Back Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess is a name known to all Princess's Avatar

Methadone works great for me for pain.
    Oxycodone is way more fun.
    Methadone keeps me well.
    Oxycodone is way more fun.

+ Reply to Thread