Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pepcid/tagamet/zantac

Junky dspot1234 is fresh on the scene. dspot1234 is fresh on the scene.

Default pepcid/tagamet/zantac

does anyone know if zantac or pepcid has the same potentiating value for benzos as tagamet, or at least similar? i know taganet is cimetidine and pepcid is famotidine so the similarity is there. also how much tagamet or whatever do you need to really potentiate, just one or what

Departed Opiophile ein0606 will become famous soon enough ein0606 will become famous soon enough ein0606 will become famous soon enough ein0606 will become famous soon enough ein0606 will become famous soon enough ein0606's Avatar

Default Re: pepcid/tagamet/zantac

i usually take like 6 of the 200mgs tags. i know thats way more than your supposed to. i think the bottle sayd DO NOT TAKE MORE THAN 400MGS IN 24 HRS.

so dont take as many as i do. im sure someone else on here can help u a lot better this is just my personal experience. but i do it with opiates/methadone. didnt know it worked with benzos

Jr. Opiophile Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt's Avatar

There is all kinds of good information about this in the Potentiators forum. . .I too take tagament to help with my methadone levels and from my understanding of it, all that is needed is about one effective recommended dose, maybe a bit more but anything over 2 pills or so is overkill and will probably do more harm than good. I'm not sure about the other brands. . .tag works because of the specific enzyme that it targets, so if the others target it as well. . .then OK, but if not, they probably won't have much effect on the first pass. Search the Potentiators forum, you'll find all you need there.
    This is your brain on drugs. . . any questions?

Junky dspot1234 is fresh on the scene. dspot1234 is fresh on the scene.

thanks bro

Departed Opiophile ein0606 will become famous soon enough ein0606 will become famous soon enough ein0606 will become famous soon enough ein0606 will become famous soon enough ein0606 will become famous soon enough ein0606's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mallinckrodt View Post
    There is all kinds of good information about this in the Potentiators forum. . .I too take tagament to help with my methadone levels and from my understanding of it, all that is needed is about one effective recommended dose, maybe a bit more but anything over 2 pills or so is overkill and will probably do more harm than good. I'm not sure about the other brands. . .tag works because of the specific enzyme that it targets, so if the others target it as well. . .then OK, but if not, they probably won't have much effect on the first pass. Search the Potentiators forum, you'll find all you need there.
    so you think me taking six instead of recommended 2 is just a waste?, i know its probably harmful

Jr. Opiophile Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt is just really nice Mallinckrodt's Avatar

ein: I'm not sure. I figure that once you take double the recommended dose, your enzymes are probably as inhibited as they'll get. I have noticed that with habitual dosing, like anything else, my tolerance seems to go up and sometimes i'll take like 1.5 or 2 to do the trick but usually 1 works great for me.

Actually when i first started taking them, even taking one would sometimes give me adverse effects. I felt like i couldn't eat and anything i did eat seemed like it turned into a rock. . .like swallowing a cement milk shake. It seemed to even work for me at about a half a pill on a couple of days, but since then, one pill, sometimes 1.5-2, has been sufficient for me, but remember, we're all different.

OpioNoMo EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII's Avatar

Unless the benzos use the same liver-enzymes that tagamet affects, your wasting your time. And as far as I know, no benzos do.

Short Communication

Influence of cimetidine on the pharmacokinetics of desmethyldiazepam and oxazepam
    U. Klotz1 and I. Reimann1
    (1) Dr. Margarete Fischer-Bosch-Institut für Klinische Pharmakologie, Stuttgart, Federal Republic of Germany
    Received: 11 April 1980 Accepted: 25 June 1980

Summary The pharmacokinetics of single oral doses of desmethyldiazepam 20 mg or oxazepam 50 mg were studied in 5 healthy volunteers under controlled conditions, before and following a 24 h pretreatment with cimetidine 200 mg×5. Cimetidine significantly impaired (p=0.03) the elimination of desmethyldiazepam, as shown prolongation of its elimination half-life from 51.7±21.9 h to 72.6±39.4 h (mean ± SD), and a decrease in total plasma clearance from 12.0±2.7 ml/min to 8.6±3.3 ml/min. The disposition of oxazepam was not affected. From these results, and recently published data on diazepam and chlordiazepoxide, it is concluded that cimetidine impairs the hepatic elimination of those benzodiazepines which are metabolized by phase I reactions.

Opiophorum Member eveline will become famous soon enough eveline will become famous soon enough eveline will become famous soon enough eveline's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EleusisII View Post
    Unless the benzos use the same liver-enzymes that tagamet affects, your wasting your time. And as far as I know, no benzos do.
    Alprazolam, clonazepam, and diazepam are all metabolized mostly by CYP3A4, so Tagamet should definitely increase their effects.

From what I can find on Google it looks like Zantac is a mild inhibitor of CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 (the ones you want to potentiate opiates or benzos) compared to Tagamet. Pepcid I can't really find anything on so I doubt it's a significant inhibitor. Stick with Tagamet.

OpioNoMo EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII has much to be proud of EleusisII's Avatar

Oh, good googling! I guess that would also explain the potentiation benzos give you... Besides the harder nodding of course!

My friend... I'll give you points for this... Yes! Points!

Opiophile Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ein0606 View Post
    so you think me taking six instead of recommended 2 is just a waste?, i know its probably harmful
    I believe at 600mg Tagamet is at its full potential as far as it's "potentiating" purpose goes. I was rx'd the stuff quite a few years back for an ulcer and they had be on 800-1200mg's a day for that so you're probably not doing TOO much harm, though I wasn't allowed to drink at all while on those doses (thankfully I was a devoded pot head at the time)

And as far as this thread, all the research I've done on this shows that tagamet (cimetidine) is the only "antacid" that inhibits the CYP2D6 enzyme which is responsible for metabolizing fun stuff to shitty stuff...so to speak.

all three are considered "H2 Antangonists" but only the cimetidine inhibits the CYP2D6 enzyme

Opiophorum Member eveline will become famous soon enough eveline will become famous soon enough eveline will become famous soon enough eveline's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EleusisII View Post
    Oh, good googling! I guess that would also explain the potentiation benzos give you... Besides the harder nodding of course!

My friend... I'll give you points for this... Yes! Points!
    So... where are my points?

+ Reply to Thread