Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Benzedrex-need help/tips!

Opiophile Thebane is just really nice Thebane is just really nice Thebane is just really nice Thebane is just really nice Thebane is just really nice Thebane is just really nice Thebane is just really nice Thebane is just really nice Thebane's Avatar

Default Benzedrex-need help/tips!

I realize benzedrex is a pretty weak stim. and eating cotton out of OTC medicines to get high may be considered pathetic. But, I've seen some decent experience reports and want to try it out. My question is how the hell do you get most of the propylhexedrine out of the cottom? I don't want a salt or anything, I'm just going to drink or eat it. But I don't want to eat a whole cotton, some sources say that can fuck up your digestive system.

Wikipedia says to make it a salt (and I'm assuming also extract most of it from the cotton) you can let it sit in weak acid. Now could I just drink the salt form rather than dry it out, and can I get a weak acid at a pharmacy or store? I have no access to chem. equipment/materials.

So, would letting the cotton sit in a weak acid like lemon juice help extract much more than say water? One legit site says propylhexedrine is only slight soluble in water but miscable in ethanol (which I don't have). Is this because alcohol is a weak acid? I seem to remember from my high school chem days that solubility (which I'm assuming is necessary for extraction) is determined by whether the substances are bases or acids.

Opiophile Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris's Avatar

Default Re: Benzedrex-need help/tips!

I've been trying to figure out more info on this myself...I just don't see eating that cotton being a good thing, a buddy of mine parachuted some meth one time by cutting a piece of a t-shirt out and wrapping it and caused him some GI problems. I've heard eating cotton can be harmful elsewhere as well.

Also, the menthol/lavender oil is just plain nasty shit. I've hear of people dropping the cotton into a bottle of soda and letting it soak for a while and then drinking the soda. I haven't tried it yet though...I'm still hoping there's a better way!

Opiophile Thebane is just really nice Thebane is just really nice Thebane is just really nice Thebane is just really nice Thebane is just really nice Thebane is just really nice Thebane is just really nice Thebane is just really nice Thebane's Avatar

Yeah, eating cotton scares me shitless. I guess I'm going to try a weak acid (like lemon juice and water) and see how it turns out. Then try just water etc. Unless I can get a scientific answer as to which would work better.

Occasionally Opiated LegalizeOpiates is an unknown quantity at this point LegalizeOpiates's Avatar

Careful with that shit man, That shit made me sick as hell for a couple days... not fun at all.
    what the fuck is the internet??

Quote Originally Posted by LegalizeOpiates View Post
    Careful with that shit man, That shit made me sick as hell for a couple days... not fun at all.
    Well I already took 2. I let them sit in lemon juice for a while and then strained out the cotton and drank the juice, so all I can do now is hope I won't get sick. I'll be sure to post somewhere how it went once it's over since people seem to be asking a lot of questions about it.

Never Looked Back I-Nod is a glorious beacon of light I-Nod is a glorious beacon of light I-Nod is a glorious beacon of light I-Nod is a glorious beacon of light I-Nod is a glorious beacon of light I-Nod is a glorious beacon of light I-Nod is a glorious beacon of light I-Nod is a glorious beacon of light I-Nod is a glorious beacon of light I-Nod is a glorious beacon of light I-Nod is a glorious beacon of light I-Nod's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thebane View Post
    Well I already took 2.
    Oh shit, WAIT!!!!

Just messin' ... actually there is a good thread somewhere around here on this. I just remember OxyContinuously, Chem_boy or one of the chemistry geniuses (and I mean that affectionately gotta love the chem help!!) replied in detail.

I'll link it if I can find it....

EDIT: Well... my memory doesn't serve me any more. Here's the one I was thinking of... http://forum.opiophile.org/showthrea...ight=benzedrex
    Last edited by I-Nod; 12-07-2007 at 02:46 AM. Reason: <----- PinHead
    ~Give man a mask, then he will show you his true face.~

Quote Originally Posted by I-Nod View Post

EDIT: Well... my memory doesn't serve me any more. Here's the one I was thinking of... http://forum.opiophile.org/showthrea...ight=benzedrex
    Thanks for the link. I'm wishing I hadn't taken 2 after puking for a few minutes for some reason, my stomach has been queasy since I swallowed the shit.

Opiophile Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris is just really nice Ludakris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thebane View Post
    Thanks for the link. I'm wishing I hadn't taken 2 after puking for a few minutes for some reason, my stomach has been queasy since I swallowed the shit.
    Yeah...this is why I haven't gotten around to trying mine. I've gotten some recent info that it's the Lavendar oil and maybe even Menthol that does that. I've read somewhere (on here I think) about extracting that stuff using Nafta gas or zippo lighter fluid but haven't gotten around to trying it. Hope you're feeling better!
    I'll post when/if I I balls up to down these things

I'm still a little nauseous and I drank the shit at 2:30 AM last night. Not easy at all on the stomach. I've puked twice, once after trying to eat something, and then later puked up some of pods I had just swallowed. But, truthfully, I'm fucking ecstatic I got some pods down, or I'd be in for a lot of pain.

I can't even think of my remaining cotton/inhaler without feeling like I'm going to throw up. The taste really wasn't too bad but maybe my mind now connects it with puking. I have to admit it's a pretty fucking strong stimulant, I don't know how recreational it is but it did it's job. I haven't slept since yesterday morning and I still feel fine. Last night when I actually had some in my system I was completely wired. I didn't get very high at all, just waves of euphoria going up my legs a couple times, if that makes sense. I was also high on pods so that may have contributed to the euphoria. I may have been able to catch a better buzz if I wasn't doing research and shit the whole time. It seemed like when I just sat and rested I'd start to feel real good. Hope that info helps someone, and if it doesn't, oh well, I like the sound of my own typing.

Well, I'll update this since some people were asking about benzedrex lately. This afternoon I let the ripped up cotton from 1 inhaler sit in lemon juice for an hour and downed the juice once I strained the cotton out. And I've got a pretty good body high, actually my legs feel really weird, it's hard to explain but pretty enjoyable. Honestly the only thing to compare it to would be an orgasm... In my legs... Yeah, having said that you know I'm really high. Of course the one cotton was on top of a large dose of pods, but because of my tolerance the amount of grounds I eat doesn't get me high or euphoric at all, just not sick and maybe slightly relaxed/not anxious and I ate the pods 10 hours ago. But adding the benzedrex to that gave a definite body high, much different than the body high from pods alone when I used to get a body high from them. But really more enjoyable, my legs feel unsteady but good, from pods my limbs just seemed heavy. I took them for the nodding not the body high.

I also haven't got any nausea this time, although it's only been 3 hours, but I think I'll be fine since before I only got nauseous after taking a second cottons-worth a few hours after the first. So it looks like the menthol and lavender oil from one cotton won't make a 180 lbs man sick, of course that would depend on the person somewhat but unless I'm a freak that should be a good idea of what will make a person sick. Although in the experience reports on erowid, which all involved eating the whole cotton, which I thought would be worse nausea just because I doubt I'm extracting all the menthol and lavender oil, but there were about 5 reports of people eating 2 cottons and not throwing up like I did last night. They only complained about the taste. So I may be unusually sensitive to that shit.

So, it looks like I may be getting some more of these inhalers to take occasionally, it's not something I'd do everyday because without a doubt it's hard on my body, like any stimulant really. Last time I took one, and stayed up all night, the following morning I looked rather like I was dieing. And I had many people comment on the fact I looked like hell. Anyways, I hope this helps out the people asking about benzedrex and its recreational value.

robojunkie

Soak the shit in lighter fluid for like twenty minutes while squishing the cotton with a spoon here and there. Then add some vinegar (ie, weak acid). We're talking like an ounce of lighter fluid and maybe an ounce of vinegar (about 5% acetic acid). Then shake it up, after removing the cottons. Pour off the lighter fluid as best you can (look up the zip lock extraction method on erowid or some shit) or just take a syringe (a big one) and carefully remove the bottom layer (the one you want) and place it in a new glass. Then, just to ensure removing all the oily crap, swirl it and pour into another glass. The remaining oilies will stick to the side of the old glass. Then either let it evaporate, heat for a little while to remove entrained hexanes/pet ether (this is the lighter fluid) or heat for a little then add some baking soda, but just enough so that it doesn't fizz vigorously, as in don't go basic. As long as you don't smell dead fish you didn't go too basic. This is pretty basic stuff and shouldn't be a problem, far better than eating cotton and those neausea-inducing oils.

Quote Originally Posted by robojunkie View Post
    Soak the shit in lighter fluid for like twenty minutes while squishing the cotton with a spoon here and there. Then add some vinegar (ie, weak acid). We're talking like an ounce of lighter fluid and maybe an ounce of vinegar (about 5% acetic acid). Then shake it up, after removing the cottons. Pour off the lighter fluid as best you can (look up the zip lock extraction method on erowid or some shit) or just take a syringe (a big one) and carefully remove the bottom layer (the one you want) and place it in a new glass. Then, just to ensure removing all the oily crap, swirl it and pour into another glass. The remaining oilies will stick to the side of the old glass. Then either let it evaporate, heat for a little while to remove entrained hexanes/pet ether (this is the lighter fluid) or heat for a little then add some baking soda, but just enough so that it doesn't fizz vigorously, as in don't go basic. As long as you don't smell dead fish you didn't go too basic. This is pretty basic stuff and shouldn't be a problem, far better than eating cotton and those neausea-inducing oils.
    Hey, thanks for the simple explanation. Hopefully it will save me the pain of choking down lavender oil in the future.

And I'm curious, do you think benzedrex has much recreational value? And if so how much do you take? I thought I was going to be limited to one because 2 cottons of lavender oil and menthol made me puke and feel nauseous for at least 48 hours, but with this method that won't be a problem. And since I got a surprisingly strong body high from just one, with a lot of opiates in my system, two might be better (talk about druggie logic..) but I also don't want to take to much and run my heart into the ground or something.

Again, thanks for the help with the extraction.

+ Reply to Thread