Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diclofenac?

New Opiophile Horiz is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Diclofenac?

Found 30 in my uncle's medicine cupboard, does anyone know if they have any recreational use?

Opiophorum Member Mcdom is fresh on the scene. Mcdom is fresh on the scene. Mcdom's Avatar

Default Re: Diclofenac?

Don't think so - I think it is an NSAID type med.

Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar

Absolute rubbish.......sorry.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

New Opiophile Horiz is an unknown quantity at this point

Bah, I wish my relatives would be prescribed something interesting. I did find 60 Tramadol a few months ago and complete fiended on them. They were gone within a week and were my first pharm experience.

Thanks anyway guys.

QUEEN B MODERATOR roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Horiz View Post
    Found 30 in my uncle's medicine cupboard, does anyone know if they have any recreational use?
    Diclofenac Sodium, the trade name is Voltaren. The tablets are enteric-coated to help with the stomach upset that can occur. This drug is a NSAID (Non- Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory), similar to Motrin or Naproxen (Aleve, Anaprox). It won't do anything but help mild pain and cause you an upset stomach. It is not an opiate and will not get you any type of buzz. Here is some info from a Pharmacy Database.

Voltaren® (diclofenac sodium enteric-coated tablets) is a benzene-acetic acid derivative. Voltaren is available as delayed-release (enteric-coated) tablets of 25 mg (yellow), 50 mg (light brown), and 75 mg (light pink) for oral administration. The chemical name is 2-[(2,6-dichlorophenyl)amino] benzeneacetic acid, monosodium salt. The molec-ular weight is 318.14. Its molecular formula is C14H10Cl2NNaO2.

The inactive ingredients in Voltaren include: hydroxypropyl methylcel-lulose, iron oxide, lactose, magnesium stearate, methacrylic acid copoly-mer, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, sodium hydroxide, sodium starch glycolate, talc, titanium dioxide, D&C Yellow No. 10 Aluminum Lake (25-mg tablet only), FD&C Blue No. 1 Aluminum Lake (50-mg tablet only).

CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY

Pharmacodynamics

Voltaren® (diclofenac sodium enteric-coated tablets) is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that exhibits anti-inflammatory, anal-gesic, and antipyretic activities in animal models. The mechanism of action of Voltaren, like that of other NSAIDs, is not completely under-stood but may be related to prostaglandin synthetase inhibition.

INDICATIONS

Carefully consider the potential benefits and risks of Voltaren® (diclofenac sodium enteric-coated tablets) and other treatment options before deciding to use Voltaren. Use the lowest effective dose for the shortest duration consistent with individual patient treatment goals (see WARNINGS).
    Voltaren is indicated:
    • For relief of the signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis
    • For relief of the signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
    • For acute or long-term use in the relief of the signs and symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis
    DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION

Carefully consider the potential benefits and risks of Voltaren® (diclofenac sodium enteric-coated tablets) and other treatment options before deciding to use Voltaren. Use the lowest effective dose for the shortest duration consistent with individual patient treatment goals (see WARNINGS).
    After observing the response to initial therapy with Voltaren, the dose and frequency should be adjusted to suit an individual patient's needs.
    For the relief of osteoarthritis, the recommended dosage is 100-150 mg/day in divided doses (50 mg b.i.d. or t.i.d., or 75 mg b.i.d.).

For the relief of rheumatoid arthritis, the recommended dosage is 150-200 mg/day in divided doses (50 mg t.i.d. or q.i.d., or 75 mg b.i.d.).

For the relief of ankylosing spondylitis, the recommended dosage is 100-125 mg/day, administered as 25 mg q.i.d., with an extra 25-mg dose at bedtime if necessary.

Different formulations of diclofenac [Voltaren® (diclofenac sodium enteric-coated tablets); Voltaren®-XR (diclofenac sodium extended-release tablets); Cataflam® (diclofenac potassium immediate-release tablets)] are not necessarily bioequivalent even if the milligram strength is the same.

SIDE EFFECTS

In patients taking Voltaren® (diclofenac sodium enteric-coated tablets), or other NSAIDs, the most frequently reported adverse experiences occurring in approximately 1%-10% of patients are:
    Gastrointestinal experiences including: abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, dyspepsia, flatulence, gross bleeding/perforation, heartburn, nausea, GI ulcers (gastric/duodenal) and vomiting.
    Abnormal renal function, anemia, dizziness, edema, elevated liver enzymes, headaches, increased bleeding time, pruritus, rashes and tin-nitus.

Cardiovascular Risk
    • NSAIDs may cause an increased risk of serious cardiovascular thrombotic events, myocardial infarction, and stroke, which can be fatal. This risk may increase with duration of use. Patients with cardio-vascular disease or risk factors for cardiovascular disease may be at greater risk. (See WARNINGS.)
    • Voltaren® (diclofenac sodium enteric-coated tablets) is contraindi-cated for the treatment of perioperative pain in the setting of coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery (see WARNINGS).
    Gastrointestinal Risk
    • NSAIDs cause an increased risk of serious gastrointestinal adverse events including inflammation, bleeding, ulceration, and per-foration of the stomach or intestines, which can be fatal. These events can occur at any time during use and without warning symptoms. Elderly patients are at greater risk for serious gastrointestinal events. (See WARNINGS.)

..... found that when it got *really* bad, I'd cop, and fuck all that detoxing, whether I'm eating carrots and brown rice, or vodka and cough drops, I've learned only one sure thing about detoxing:
    There Ain't No Free Lunch!.......Originally posted by Duckfeet

Tsukiyomi-no-mikoto JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) JonnyM's Avatar
    In a suburban town with nothing to do, patiently waiting for something to happen.

Not trying to be an ass but this thread could of been avoided by using google... and youll get a quicker reply.

Opiophorum Member Bishop is an unknown quantity at this point Bishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyMohawk View Post
    Not trying to be an ass but this thread could of been avoided by using google... and youll get a quicker reply.
    Yeah, Google will handle the simple stuff like this no problem. Perhaps he/she was hoping someone knew of a secret extraction method that would metabolite the stuff into a mild opi to fight withdrawal.

Never Looked Back Hammilton is fresh on the scene. Hammilton is fresh on the scene. Hammilton's Avatar

maybe if you're really good you could get phenylacetic acid, from which you could get amphetamine.
    your mileage may vary.

OpioNoMo OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Hammilton View Post
    maybe if you're really good you could get phenylacetic acid, from which you could get amphetamine.

or hell, better yet, try to get some phenyl-2-propanone as u can make plenty of things from that, LOL ;-)

Departed Opiophile Inspektahdek is a jewel in the rough Inspektahdek is a jewel in the rough Inspektahdek is a jewel in the rough Inspektahdek is a jewel in the rough Inspektahdek is a jewel in the rough Inspektahdek is a jewel in the rough Inspektahdek is a jewel in the rough Inspektahdek's Avatar

this shit is very very common in Germany, I got it at the Klinikum for broken fingers, it's their most common NSAID or pain killer for most docs that don't give out narcs, like if u don't have shit on an MRI or a CP problem, you will most likely get this med in Europe, fucking voltaren, brings back memories, I hate that shit
    [B][IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m200/Inspektahdek/zwei2.jpg[/IMG][/B][IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m200/Inspektahdek/11eyes2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m200/Inspektahdek/11eyes3.jpg[/IMG]
    [B] [SIZE=2]SEE NO EVIL, SEE NO EVIL, SEE NO EVIL[/SIZE][/B][SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
    [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junglist"][IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m200/Inspektahdek/junglisthand.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL="http://www.future-music.net/"][IMG]http://future-music.net/images/logo.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL="http://destroyer.net/radio"]
    [/URL]

Never Looked Back WarmCyanide has disabled reputation WarmCyanide's Avatar

i fancy dihydrogen monoxide myself. anyone wants some i know where to get it. it's everywhere where i live.
    ======================================
    David: Is this a game or is it real?

Joshua: what is the difference?

More to the point,why does she want to kill your uncle and his children? - NICK

Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WarmCyanide View Post
    i fancy dihydrogen monoxide myself. anyone wants some i know where to get it. it's everywhere where i live.
    That stuff's a killer.WD is terminal.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Departed Opiophile TokinDerrick is an unknown quantity at this point

the problem with beginner pill-head wannabe's is that they don't know drugs by their actual drug-name and they're looking for brand-names to be on the bottle because thats all they know.

if you want to find good medicine, write down what the bottle says and go to google and search it. and once you do find something good. make sure you look up the appropriate dosage for a first timer so you don't hurt yourself.

also if you're family doesn't have anything good, anytime you're at someone else's house check out their medicine cabinet, especially that of your grandparents. now if its something they take daily, don't go hog-wild and make them have WD's because thats not cool.

+ Reply to Thread