Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cutting Mylan Patches

Never Looked Back reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668's Avatar

Default Cutting Mylan Patches

I've UTFSE and can't seem to find an answer. If you cut a mylan patch in half, which is designed to release 50mcg an hour, its still going to release that amount, just not last as long? I did it thinking otherwise, but I am sure I was wrong. Its not like cutting a pill in half.... can someone who knows confirm this?

"He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

OpioNoMo OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice

Re: Cutting Mylan Patches

nah, if u cut the patch in half, and break the "seal" or matrix or whatever tehy call it, all the Fent'll come out at once. In your case, since it's a 50mcg/hr/72hr deal, that means the whole patch has 5 milligrams of Fentanyl (5000 micrograms) and half will be 2.5 milligrams of Fent (or 2500 micorgrams)...

that's a big dose, comparitively...I assume u meant cut the patch in half then eat it or whatever? Even if u put it on, in half, it'll still release the 50mikes an hour, just that it will be done in 36 hours instead of 72...it won't release 25mcg/hr just cuz u cut it in half though. be careful cuz once the patch is "broken," u could put it on and have a lot of the Fent come out all at once, transdermally and that could be a problem...once they are cut or tampered with, the delivery system is most often compromised. so take necessary precautions

hope that helps

later

Never Looked Back reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668's Avatar

Default Re: Cutting Mylan Patches

Thanks for the information! Its rainy here today, and I was feeling it. So, I cut the mylan patch (put on skin) and my thinking was screwed. I would have been better off just slapping the whole thing on.

Oh well, I am feeling much better, and will take precautions as you suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by OxyContinuously View Post
    nah, if u cut the patch in half, and break the "seal" or matrix or whatever tehy call it, all the Fent'll come out at once. In your case, since it's a 50mcg/hr/72hr deal, that means the whole patch has 5 milligrams of Fentanyl (5000 micrograms) and half will be 2.5 milligrams of Fent (or 2500 micorgrams)...

that's a big dose, comparitively...I assume u meant cut the patch in half then eat it or whatever? Even if u put it on, in half, it'll still release the 50mikes an hour, just that it will be done in 36 hours instead of 72...it won't release 25mcg/hr just cuz u cut it in half though. be careful cuz once the patch is "broken," u could put it on and have a lot of the Fent come out all at once, transdermally and that could be a problem...once they are cut or tampered with, the delivery system is most often compromised. so take necessary precautions

hope that helps

later

"He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

I just found this: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=re...oh29Sf7lsNCSKQ

This was written in 2004 by a pharmacalogical professor who posits that you do not break the time release matrix on a mylan patch by cutting it... or, even by placing it under the tongue. It was sworn testimony, I think in a patent issue. Interesting read...

Never Looked Back devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice

correct mylan are not gel so that one character is another case of a non knowloable person talkin like he knows people do not believe what some say on here for they know not what they talk about , i really feel like cuttin loose but i wont

Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar

Go on cut loose man.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

New Opiophile dopesick is an unknown quantity at this point

I realize this is a little late coming, but you need to be careful what you read. Cutting a Mylan patch in half will only dispense the Fentanyl at Half the rate of the full patch. For example a 50mcg patch cut in half will release 25mcg/hr. NOT the full 50. That is why the patches are different sizes, because it is the area of the patch that determines the amount. Cutting the gel patches are a different story, of course, because the fentanyl gel will just leak out if cut.

+ Reply to Thread