Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lortab and Nausea

Opiophorum Member Hydro-Joe is an unknown quantity at this point Hydro-Joe's Avatar

Lortab and Nausea

Lately, I've noticed that when I take 10/500 mg Lortabs, I suffer from nausea. I've tried eating before taking the Lortabs and I've also tried using Phenergan/Promethazine. The Phenergan/Promethazine makes me sleepy and it also seems to kill the effects of the Lortabs.

Does anyone know of any way (short of not using) to kill the nausea?

BTW, I cold water extract the APAP from the Lortab which at least eliminates some of the APAP.

Thanks!

Hydro-Joe

Junky opiobsessed will become famous soon enough opiobsessed will become famous soon enough opiobsessed will become famous soon enough opiobsessed will become famous soon enough opiobsessed will become famous soon enough opiobsessed's Avatar

Re: Lortab and Nausea

I'm getting the same thing as well, heck its strange I used to get a good appetite and get the munchies kind of, back when I first was on 10/500 bluewatson 540's. Now I'm used to taking 30 pills a day, some I do a cwe on and some I can't wait to take(mainly the morning doses)I mainly get so sick to my stomach as I wake and have to quickly eat something little and then take 5 or 6 watsons and 20 mins later the nausea is gone. I just switched to some lovely oxycodone yesterday,the ones that are white and M523 and 10/325 on the other side. Is hydrocodone and oxycodone alot different? I had the strangest thing happen to me this morning when I got up, now its going away, I woke up nauseous horrible and took one oxy, it went away and I slept till noon, I just got up a half hour ago and took 5 oxycodones and eat something little, then about 20 mins later I started mild withdrawal, the chills, watery eyes, runny nose and that horrible sad feeling all at once, then it is now going away about an hour later. Why did I get that? is oxycodone timed released or is that just oxycontin?

High-Functioning Drug Addict Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops's Avatar

Default Re: Lortab and Nausea

I used to take 30 to 40 of the 10/500's hydro per day, back in 2000. When I got my tolerance up to where it took 100mg hydro to get me off, meaning I had to down 10 of those chalky nasty tasting mutherfuckers, I would always get really nauseated, sometimes puke. The sick feeling would pass after the narcs kicked in fully. I think it was from the APAP. That's five grams of APAP in 10 tablets. Does a number on ya. I am positive that it was the APAP b/c I could take narcotics w/o any APAP in 'em, in large doses and no nausea.

Never Looked Back shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by opiobsessed
    I'm getting the same thing as well, heck its strange I used to get a good appetite and get the munchies kind of, back when I first was on 10/500 bluewatson 540's. Now I'm used to taking 30 pills a day, some I do a cwe on and some I can't wait to take(mainly the morning doses)I mainly get so sick to my stomach as I wake and have to quickly eat something little and then take 5 or 6 watsons and 20 mins later the nausea is gone. I just switched to some lovely oxycodone yesterday,the ones that are white and M523 and 10/325 on the other side. Is hydrocodone and oxycodone alot different? I had the strangest thing happen to me this morning when I got up, now its going away, I woke up nauseous horrible and took one oxy, it went away and I slept till noon, I just got up a half hour ago and took 5 oxycodones and eat something little, then about 20 mins later I started mild withdrawal, the chills, watery eyes, runny nose and that horrible sad feeling all at once, then it is now going away about an hour later. Why did I get that? is oxycodone timed released or is that just oxycontin?
    I am really blown away as to the fact that so many people have no idea that oxycodone is a lot stronger than hydrocodone. They are very different with their affects and doses (in my own opinion)
    Like taking the hair off a monkey.........dont try this at home

Never Looked Back exitwound is an unknown quantity at this point exitwound's Avatar
    Shoot yourself in the balls and then electrocute yourself. That's how I always feel!!!

They sure are. I would very much like my doc to switch me to oxy for at least breakthrough, but he seems to be steering clear of any oxycodone products when possible. I think he may be willing eventually to try OxyIR or something for breakthrough, but for now it's LA morphine and a little short-acting hydro for BT.

High-Functioning Drug Addict Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops's Avatar

Man, if you ask me. Nobody asked me, but my fantasy has for a long time been to have a couple kilo's of 100% hydrocodone bitartrate for my personal and unauthorized use. No APAP within a mile.

Would be great for shootin'

Jr. Opiophile SomniGod will become famous soon enough SomniGod will become famous soon enough SomniGod will become famous soon enough SomniGod's Avatar

shoot hydro...seriously? tell more... never heard of that... thought it would be toxic like Codeine....no?

~S~
    "Ribs soooo good...make you wanna slap yo momma!":angry-smi

ssd

Never Looked Back exitwound is an unknown quantity at this point exitwound's Avatar
    Shoot yourself in the balls and then electrocute yourself. That's how I always feel!!!

I have some old-school friends from the online opiophile community, ahead of me in the curve (although most were recreational, not chronic pain-motivated as I am now), who used to get pounds upon pounds of pure HC bitartrate. To this day I don't know quite how they did it. These days, I sure wish that I did.

hydrocodone isn't my favorite opiate, but it has its charms. in pure form, it's not to be scoffed at. it certainly helps beef up the buzz of other opioids when used properly....

i think the pure form may be snortable or pluggable with a slight bioavailability gain but generally it's just best to take it orally AFAIK.

Re: Lortab and Nausea

Man, that would be awesome. I took a tour of the A.H. Robins pharmaceutical production plant in Richmond, VA back in 1994. I was going to pharmacy school at M.C.V. at the time (medical college of virginia), and it was a field trip.

That facility has since closed, when A.H. Robins got bought out by American Home Products (wyeth Ayerst).

In 1994, most of the "Chapstick" in this country was produced right there in Richmond, VA.

BUT - the coolest thing about the trip was the cough syrup production line. I watched them weigh out shovelfuls of pure codeiene phosphate. They use those grain shovels, and put it onto a scale, before it's dumped into the big stainless steel mixer. Looks a lot like a brewery, if you've ever seen inside one.

I digress. It's my opinion that hydrocodone could be slammed, just as well as oxycodone. The only difference between these two drugs is a hydroxy group on oxycodone. AND, as a matter of fact, with all due respect to Wm. Burroughs, I am not convinced that shooting codeine is toxic. Has anyone tried it? Since you can shoot every other narcotic, why is codeine toxic all of the sudden? Also, as a matter of fact, and many might find this hard to believe, in my short (did it for 2 and 1/2 years, and it ended 5 years ago) career as a pharmacist, I have worked in hospital pharmacies, and codeine is sometimes used IV for pain relief. It is available as a solution for injection. I have not shot it up, but I have seen the packages.

Never Looked Back devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice

one time a real drugstore cowboy brought me unopened jars of usp #1 coke and codeine , he also had a armful of dysoxin(sp) the idea was to cut the coke for sale , shoot as much of the codeine as i could ,and he shot as much dysoxin, i do not remember the formulation of the codeine but i did a lot of it pins and needles rush. the first cut of the coke was too strong people comlained it was speed and had bloody noses when tooting when really desperate way back one could crush codeine/aspirin#4s and mix with water and abig ass cotton , then there was the poormans frisco speedball we called it oakland speedball fixin codeine and ritalin in same shot.

Quote Originally Posted by devilsdrug
    one time a real drugstore cowboy brought me unopened jars of usp #1 coke and codeine , he also had a armful of dysoxin(sp) the idea was to cut the coke for sale , shoot as much of the codeine as i could ,and he shot as much dysoxin, i do not remember the formulation of the codeine but i did a lot of it pins and needles rush. the first cut of the coke was too strong people comlained it was speed and had bloody noses when tooting when really desperate way back one could crush codeine/aspirin#4s and mix with water and abig ass cotton , then there was the poormans frisco speedball we called it oakland speedball fixin codeine and ritalin in same shot.
    Tanks, Devilsdrug. I knew it! I read William Burroughs' book "Junky" and remembe the part about how he shot up codeine pills b/c he was really sick, and had a BAD reaction to it. Is this what everyone is talking about when they say, "you can't shoot codeine?"

Has anyone ever really tried it?

Occasionally Opiated _rlpsd. is an unknown quantity at this point _rlpsd.'s Avatar

i dont feel there is a HUGE difference between hydrocodone and oxycodone.
    they feel pretty identical. oxycodone is a little bit stronger and lasts a bit longer in my experience.

Occasionally Opiated expo is an unknown quantity at this point

I think theres a huge difference in quality between hydrocodone and oxycodone. The oxy seems so much smoother, and feels a hell of a lot better. In my experience tho, oxy lasts a bit shorter than hydro, and i experience much more nausea on the hydros...just my .02
    "The tigers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction"
    -William Blake

you could try dramamine or dramamine II for the nausea instead of the promethazine. you may prefer them, despite their less potent effect and their own unique potential side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by expo
    I think theres a huge difference in quality between hydrocodone and oxycodone. The oxy seems so much smoother, and feels a hell of a lot better. In my experience tho, oxy lasts a bit shorter than hydro, and i experience much more nausea on the hydros...just my .02
    In a lot of cases, the nasty side effects people experience with "hydros" are due to the poor formulation of the Mallinkart/Mallinkrodt generic Lortab 5/500 and 10/500 tablets. Those things are just nasty and I am looking forward to getting off of them, hopefully forever. I hope to move up to OxyIR or Roxicodone tablets....generic Hydromorphone....whatever my doc will give me for extreme BT needs. Because I'm tired of pretending that I'm not in a pain crisis on an almost daily basis. I am trying to build a reputation for responsibility, patience and calm with my amazing new doc but the fact is, I desperately need more effectiva and less nasty BT meds.

+ Reply to Thread