Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: best way for taking XANAX: nose, or by mouth?

Occasionally Opiated twstedroads is an unknown quantity at this point

Default best way for taking XANAX: nose, or by mouth?

I can't decide what's better. I like to snort them just for the joy of snorting things, but then a lot of people tell me that they are much more effective when swallowed. when i swallow them, it's kinda like a "i think i can feel them working but maybe not..." and honestly i hardly feel them at ALL anymore I have been taking a 2mg stick in the morning, half a stick in the afternoon, and then another 2mg stick at before bedtime. I'm thinking on cutting way back on em so i can feel them again. i believe the greatest benefit is how its helping me cut back on my daily methadone.. i was at 80mg a day 1 week and a half ago and now I'm at 60mg/day with no w/d whatsoever. anyway back to the original question. do you guys feel your xanax better up the nose or down the throat. thanks for the input!

-a

Never Looked Back Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack's Avatar

Default Re: best way for taking XANAX: nose, or by mouth?

I believe the oral ROA has a better bio-availability as opposed to intranasal administration, but I'm almost positive that intranasal administration 'hits' sooner.

Just my .02c

-Syn
    Wanna play Halo 3, COD: MW2(B BP's too) or Read Dead Redemption via Xbox 360 Live - VM me your account info...

"if youre seeing a sub doctor, are explanations really necessary? " - fauxflavored
    "We just clean up the mess these people make when they shit the bed..." - Brony reguarding banning solicitors
    "I was not at all leery about trying coke. However, I knew something was up when I couldn't smell Thanksgiving dinner one year. " - Dhedmo
    "We still do that? Yeah, the sad thing is [that] we don't even use real people anymore, just socks with buttons sewn on" - In Plain Sight: Season Finale (S02E15)
    "Let's see. Hose clamp = legal. Scripted Oxy = legal. Oxy on hose clamp = jail." - sofitel
    "DO NOT CHEW OR CRUSH & TRY TO INJECT EMBEDA UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT INSTANT ONSET UNTREATABLE WITHDRAWALS.
    You have been forwarned......"-PoppyLvr
    "And when I see the red bloom -- fuck, I'm practically foaming at the mouth. Pavlov would be proud."-dugwylor
    "I don't care how hot the woman is, an asshole has one purpose- and it's not a pretty purpose, LOL! urghh..." - goodgirlgonebad
    "my man fuzzy slippers told me da word on da street is that plugging oxy in your urethra will get you super duper fucked up man. i'm gonna try it as soon as i get the chance...can't wait to penis plug!!! -FiendMan

OpioNoMo jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all jonny-5 is a name known to all

when i take them recreationally i eat them, but if im trying to knock myself out for a few hours during withdrawls i snort 3mg.

Absentee Landlord Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony's Avatar

Taking benzos orally has always worked well for me.

If I'm in a "party" mood, then I'll snort them.

Either way works just as well for me.

Junky Slippin|Fallen is an unknown quantity at this point Slippin|Fallen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Synack View Post
    I believe the oral ROA has a better bio-availability as opposed to intranasal administration, but I'm almost positive that intranasal administration 'hits' sooner.

Just my .02c

-Syn

+1

but i love snorting things... its my habit...
    ------------
    hustle hard - hustle fast
    bust first - bust fast
    live life - live fast
    but... die... die last
    ------------
    Im lost with no hope
    cant find my way in the dark
    when will the sun finally shine on me
    for eternity it seems
    father, why must you do this to me
    father, cant you hear
    my screams, my pleas
    or are they lost
    in this, dark dream

Opiophorum Member Dirtyrockstar is an unknown quantity at this point Dirtyrockstar's Avatar

the generic little white 2mg sticks go best in my tummy, they take a full hour to come on tho. whereas the Kalma brand 1mg are best in groups of four smashed right up my arm. however i do not recommend or endorse the injection of benzodiazepines by any group or individual.. yeah.

Departed Opiophile Inspektahdek is a jewel in the rough Inspektahdek is a jewel in the rough Inspektahdek is a jewel in the rough Inspektahdek is a jewel in the rough Inspektahdek is a jewel in the rough Inspektahdek is a jewel in the rough Inspektahdek is a jewel in the rough Inspektahdek's Avatar

snorting used to work for me, I usually take em orally but sublingual is the best, I've had the really good generics in germany, can't remember the brand name but sublingual the taste is so horrible and it lingers, aghhhh, even milk can't take that taste away. Xanax is more horrible than MDMA in taste to me

---------------------------------------------------

I'm rxd diazepam (Valium) for muscle spasms and I usually always eat them orally, does the trick, sometimes sublingual, not as bad as xanax sublingual, valium has almost no taste to me.
    Last edited by Brony; 10-21-2007 at 05:12 PM. Reason: please edit posts...don't double post!
    [B][IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m200/Inspektahdek/zwei2.jpg[/IMG][/B][IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m200/Inspektahdek/11eyes2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m200/Inspektahdek/11eyes3.jpg[/IMG]
    [B] [SIZE=2]SEE NO EVIL, SEE NO EVIL, SEE NO EVIL[/SIZE][/B][SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
    [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junglist"][IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m200/Inspektahdek/junglisthand.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL="http://www.future-music.net/"][IMG]http://future-music.net/images/logo.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL="http://destroyer.net/radio"]
    [/URL]

Never Looked Back Tea Time is a total asshat. Tea Time is a total asshat. Tea Time is a total asshat. Tea Time is a total asshat. Tea Time is a total asshat. Tea Time is a total asshat. Tea Time is a total asshat. Tea Time is a total asshat. Tea Time is a total asshat. Tea Time is a total asshat. Tea Time is a total asshat. Tea Time's Avatar

You should just take them orally, but you should take tagamet and/or grapefruit juice with it. I always used to take tagamet with it and it greatly potentiates it. Some of you guys probably already know about this, but I am surprised how many don't know. It makes xanax A LOT stronger and it last A LOT longer. I'll see if I can't find a source on how much stronger it makes xanax.

Here is something from RXLIST.com:

http://http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/alpraz_wcp.htm
    Drugs demonstrated to be CYP 3A inhibitors on the basis of clinical studies involving alprazolam (caution and consideration of appropriate alprazolam dose reduction are recommended during coadministration with the following drugs)

Cimetidine—Coadministration of cimetidine increased the maximum plasma concentration of alprazolam by 86%, decreased clearance by 42%, and increased half-life by 16%.
    Have fun and be safe!

TT

Junky opiobsessed will become famous soon enough opiobsessed will become famous soon enough opiobsessed will become famous soon enough opiobsessed will become famous soon enough opiobsessed will become famous soon enough opiobsessed's Avatar

Re: best way for taking XANAX: nose, or by mouth?

Wow, I'm on valium 10mg 4x daily, does gf juice or tagamet potentiate all benzo's? my bottle says do not drink or eat grapefruit while taking this medication. I would love to feel my valium high again

Opiophorum Member Dirtyrockstar is an unknown quantity at this point Dirtyrockstar's Avatar

upping the xanax kick by eighty something percent sounds ideal, not to mention economic, i can get grapefruit juice easy enough but does it have the same punch as tagamet? that would require a script and its hard to fake an ulcer

Never Looked Back Tea Time is a total asshat. Tea Time is a total asshat. Tea Time is a total asshat. Tea Time is a total asshat. Tea Time is a total asshat. Tea Time is a total asshat. Tea Time is a total asshat. Tea Time is a total asshat. Tea Time is a total asshat. Tea Time is a total asshat. Tea Time is a total asshat. Tea Time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyrockstar View Post
    upping the xanax kick by eighty something percent sounds ideal, not to mention economic, i can get grapefruit juice easy enough but does it have the same punch as tagamet? that would require a script and its hard to fake an ulcer
    Yes tagamet works on valium. Tagamet is OTC here in the states, you shouldn't have to worry about a prescription. I don't think grapefruit juice works as good as tagamet, but it should definitely help. Just be careful. You might want to think about a dosage reduction to see how well this works for you. I definitely had to reduce my dose if I didn't want to end up blacked out. Take care,

TT

Departed Opiophile Inspektahdek is a jewel in the rough Inspektahdek is a jewel in the rough Inspektahdek is a jewel in the rough Inspektahdek is a jewel in the rough Inspektahdek is a jewel in the rough Inspektahdek is a jewel in the rough Inspektahdek is a jewel in the rough Inspektahdek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by opiobsessed View Post
    Wow, I'm on valium 10mg 4x daily, does gf juice or tagamet potentiate all benzo's? my bottle says do not drink or eat grapefruit while taking this medication. I would love to feel my valium high again
    oh hell yes it does! like almost doubles it, even more than cimetidine/tagamet is supposed to do for opiates, it's moreso for benzos especially xanax, make sure it's 100% white grapefruit and or tagamet 30-45 min prior, thats peak plasma time of those inhibitions of the inhibitor enzymes CYP2D6

How much are u guys taking for a valium high? I remember being younger not young young but 18-20 and feeling awesome on valium especially watching a video or something. Now it just takes down my comedowns from mdma, and helps me get a good nights sleep or helps me skip time

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by twstedroads View Post
    I can't decide what's better. I like to snort them just for the joy of snorting things, but then a lot of people tell me that they are much more effective when swallowed. when i swallow them, it's kinda like a "i think i can feel them working but maybe not..." and honestly i hardly feel them at ALL anymore I have been taking a 2mg stick in the morning, half a stick in the afternoon, and then another 2mg stick at before bedtime. I'm thinking on cutting way back on em so i can feel them again. i believe the greatest benefit is how its helping me cut back on my daily methadone.. i was at 80mg a day 1 week and a half ago and now I'm at 60mg/day with no w/d whatsoever. anyway back to the original question. do you guys feel your xanax better up the nose or down the throat. thanks for the input!

-a
    holy shit! I almost thought that said 60mg alprazolam!!!!! :krank::krank::vomit:arty-smi lol
    Last edited by Brony; 10-21-2007 at 05:13 PM. Reason: another double post merge...
    [B][IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m200/Inspektahdek/zwei2.jpg[/IMG][/B][IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m200/Inspektahdek/11eyes2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m200/Inspektahdek/11eyes3.jpg[/IMG]
    [B] [SIZE=2]SEE NO EVIL, SEE NO EVIL, SEE NO EVIL[/SIZE][/B][SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
    [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junglist"][IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m200/Inspektahdek/junglisthand.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL="http://www.future-music.net/"][IMG]http://future-music.net/images/logo.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL="http://destroyer.net/radio"]
    [/URL]

between five and ten valium for a nice buzz. diazepam is good. lasts a fair while before wearing off.
    as little as 2mg of xanax can do the trick. sometimes up to 10mg/day to be annihilated.

4 days til xanax refill. good thing being a junky you get used to waiting and i dont mean on tables

OpioNoMo mikells43 is an unknown quantity at this point

xanax is a sulfide i beleive, and sulfides are not soluable in water, aka the nasal mucci(sp), so the best way to do xanax is to swallow it, if u snort it u will have to swallow ur snot, and or hawk a loogie and swalow it. so take it.

apparently clinical tests have indicated that xanax is just as effective when insufflated than when taken by other means.

its true that many sulfides are insoluble, but i dont think alprazolam is one

Never Looked Back Black_Pony is just really nice Black_Pony is just really nice Black_Pony is just really nice Black_Pony is just really nice Black_Pony is just really nice Black_Pony is just really nice Black_Pony is just really nice Black_Pony is just really nice Black_Pony is just really nice Black_Pony's Avatar

I always let benzos dissolve under my tongue (sublingual). I dont take alprazolam, however.

OpioNoMo mikells43 is an unknown quantity at this point

its not a sulfide, at least it dont say so in the perscribing info. it says its not soluable in water tho.... i knew that it was somewhere along those lines.

http://www.pfizer.com/pfizer/download/uspi_xanax.pdf

Alprazolam is a white crystalline powder, which is soluble in methanol or ethanol but which
    has no appreciable solubility in water at physiological pH.

Departed Opiophile TokinDerrick is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the high you get from snorting it is because the drain goes down your throat. so in escence it'd be the same as crushing it up and drinking it.

but what I always do is just break a bar down to fours and take them that way. they hit fast enough because they're made to take during a panic attack.

Opiophorum Member Maggie38 is an unknown quantity at this point Maggie38's Avatar

I take them by mouth, but I am curious about the sublingual thing. Please explain to me the difference.

Opiophile xxanxx is fresh on the scene. xxanxx is fresh on the scene. xxanxx is fresh on the scene. xxanxx's Avatar

^^It means under the tongue, essentially letting a chemical enter through your mucous membrane.

JESUS NAILED TO WOODEN T'S
    CANNOT COMPETE WITH MY DISEASE

Departed Opiophile TokinDerrick is an unknown quantity at this point

is it possible to shoot xanax?

I tried it last night, but it seems that once all the liquid is in the syringe, you can't pull the syringe back. so I stuck it in my arm, and I coudln't pull any blood in to see if I was in the vein, and I missed, because I had a bubble on my arm.

but I want to know if its possible. I want to know what it feels like going from normal to benzo high in a second.

if Icould get ahold of IV valium I'd definetly love that, because I love valium more than xanax.

Quote Originally Posted by TokinDerrick View Post
    is it possible to shoot xanax?

but I want to know if its possible.
    This is a bad idea man. They're not water soluable so I would not recommend doing it. I would only IV benzos if they are in an injectable form.

yes, you can IV xanax however with an oral bioavailability of just over 90% its much easier to simply smash them to powder and swallow them down.

insoluble and slightly soluble in water means only that, doesnt mean not injectable full stop

take flunitrazepam for example, supposed to be insoluble in water however the usual dose is only 1mg and slightly soluble mean less than 10mg will dissolve in 1ml of water so some ppl have made it work with water alone, but bugger rohy's we're talking xanax.

if you really really wanna know PM me and ill give you the lowdown but i'll state right now that swim does not condone the use of pills other than directed as well as any other disclaimer covering my arse should you wanna know how and then go ahead and do it. SWIM has done it many times and lived but it is a true brain eraser. best saved for insomnia not for antianxiety, if your asleep it doesnt matter if you dont remember what you did

also isnt insufflation utilising the mucous membrane, while sublingual utilises the veins that run under the tongue?

Opiophile xxanxx is fresh on the scene. xxanxx is fresh on the scene. xxanxx is fresh on the scene. xxanxx's Avatar

Using an alcohol/h20 solution it can be done. Don't do it though, it's not worth it.

JESUS NAILED TO WOODEN T'S
    CANNOT COMPETE WITH MY DISEASE

OpioNoMo Chicago is just really nice Chicago is just really nice Chicago is just really nice Chicago is just really nice Chicago is just really nice Chicago is just really nice Chicago is just really nice Chicago is just really nice Chicago is just really nice

I 2nd that %100...
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Pony View Post
    I always let benzos dissolve under my tongue (sublingual). I dont take alprazolam, however.

Occasionally Opiated laudaphun is an unknown quantity at this point laudaphun's Avatar

SWIM I.V.ed xanax a few times... but like already mention it's not really worth it. Basically SWIM can get the identical feeling from the same dose by insufflating it... just takes a few minutes to take effect instead. SWIM's xanax binges consisted of insufflating a 1-2mg... then swallowing 1-2mg, then insufflating a little more... BLUR BLUR BLUR Typically swim insufflated about 50% vs swallowing the other 50%.

Never Looked Back WarmCyanide has disabled reputation WarmCyanide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TokinDerrick View Post
    I think the high you get from snorting it is because the drain goes down your throat. so in escence it'd be the same as crushing it up and drinking it.

but what I always do is just break a bar down to fours and take them that way. they hit fast enough because they're made to take during a panic attack.

resurrect.......so in anyones experience here, its not quicker, more pronounced then sublingual. any new thoughts or are the previous posts right on?

current interest is snort and to the point. thanks guys
    ======================================
    David: Is this a game or is it real?

Joshua: what is the difference?

More to the point,why does she want to kill your uncle and his children? - NICK

Quote Originally Posted by WarmCyanide View Post
    resurrect.......so in anyones experience here, its not quicker, more pronounced then sublingual. any new thoughts or are the previous posts right on?
    In my experience it is only slightly quicker. I still think your best bet is to take it orally along with tagamet or grapefruit juice. Tagamet has a HUGE impact on xanax!!! Unless you want to black out, you might want to reduce your dose slightly though.
    Morals get flexible like gymnastics
    Especially when you're after that next fix...

RIP Chemboy 06/12/2013
    RIP Paups and Than0 6/21/2014
    See you on the other side...

Opiophorum Member the0ne has a spectacular aura about the0ne has a spectacular aura about the0ne has a spectacular aura about the0ne has a spectacular aura about the0ne has a spectacular aura about the0ne has a spectacular aura about

Good to see you again Tea Time! You can snort any Benzo with the exception of ativan which dissolves under the tongue, but you will get a decent amount of the powder just stuck in the nostrils. I take tagament before I take my pills, and when taking any benzo a cup of grapefruit juice. It even says it on the bottle of xanax especially, taking grapefruit products will intensify the medication. Everyone likes snorting, but I would just swallow with some tagament and grapefruit juice.

Never Looked Back WarmCyanide has disabled reputation WarmCyanide's Avatar

thanks 1 and t time
    ======================================
    David: Is this a game or is it real?

Joshua: what is the difference?

More to the point,why does she want to kill your uncle and his children? - NICK

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast