PDA

View Full Version : Crushing Suboxone . . .?

MorFinatic
11-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Does anyone know if crushing suboxone (on like a business card or something), then putting it under your tongue makes the sub come on faster and possibly stronger?? Or is it a waste . . .

shaunclo
11-10-2005, 12:55 PM
I doubt it would be a waste, it will still be absorbed. I dont think it would hit you that much faster though. You wont know though until you try it. I know that when I take my sub, it takes about 1 hour to kick, so try crushing it up and taking it, then time yourself to see if it takes a shorter amount of time than 1 hour. I am kinda interested now. Let me know

tar veins jj
11-10-2005, 01:54 PM
I have read not to do that many times because for some reason you loose alot of your dose.

opiobsessed
11-11-2005, 11:05 PM
Anyone know of the best way to take suboxone so you get the best buzz off it? I've been on 3 8mg daily since march of this year and god I miss the "honeymoon" state buzz I used to get. I just chatted face to face with two cool opiate lovers like me a week ago and they told me how to properly crush it up into fine powder and snort the whole 8mg tablet. I still have not tried it for fear of horrid wd, however I"m dying to hear the truth if snorting subs gets you buzzed better or not? they told me sure I'll go into wd for a while but everyone does, sure sounds fishy to me, you aren't supposed to wd when you take an opiate, you only wd when the drug is diminishing from the receptors right? someone set me straight on the issue, I'd love to find a way to get more out of sub before I have to switch to methadone

GMorris
11-12-2005, 10:20 AM
Buprenorphine is a partial antagonist, and not a full agonist like methadone or heroin. That's why you'll get some withdrawal. In my experience, snorting most pills is better than just taking them since most of it goes through the sinus membranes and is not affected by stomach acid. If you snort the sub, you'll get more of the drug which means more of the agonist AND more of the antagonist. In the long run you'll probably like it better. If it were me, I'd have already tried it!

RudeBoySes
11-22-2005, 10:25 PM
No.. I dont recommend snorting. Personally, it feels the same as taking it sublingualy for me. Plus, do u know how much powder a 8milligram pill produces ? Alot! Also, it taste like candy.. so why would u want to snort so much of a powder that taste like candy, has no euphoric benefits, and worst of all the amount of the stuff you have to snort. I wish it worked better! But im sorry it doesnt.. :)

Nate57
11-30-2006, 02:42 PM
First of all, I take 28mg of Suboxone every day, and it was starting to hurt my tongue (under it anyway), so I started crushing them into a fine powder and put a little under my tongue each time until I reached 28mg, and it would kick in about 20 minutes faster than normal, and the same dose was getting me higher when I crushed it, than when I took it in pill form. So, for me, crushing it made it come on quicker AND stronger.

Second, Whoever told you to snort the Suboxone is a moron. The only way the Buprenorphine (the opiate in Suboxone) will work is if it is dissolved under your tongue. Putting it under your tongue is the ONLY way the Naloxone will not get into your brain receptor sites. For some reason, the Naloxone (blocker) doesn't get into your bloodstream if put under the tongue, but any other route of administration, it WILL and will completely prevent any euphoria of any kind. So if you put the Suboxone in your body in any way OTHER than under the tongue, the Naloxone (the antagonist, or "blocker") in Suboxone will prevent the Buprenorphine (opiate) from working, and even make you sick if you're dependent on any opiates. So stick with the tongue route or get on Methadone if you want a "high". Like I said, crushing it and taking it sublingual (under the tongue) gives me a buzz. Not like the "honeymoon" phase, but I can't afford to get back on Heroin (financially AND emotionally).

You don't lose a lot of your dose unless it gets out from under your tongue (which is why I said take a little bit at a time because powder is looser and you want to make sure all of it is getting into the veins under your tongue, or it won't work. So, rather than taking so much that it gets down your throat, take smaller incriments so it all gets absorbed under the tongue.

Opiobsessed, the reason you will go into withdrawal if you inject/snort Suboxone is because Buprenorphine is a powerful partial opiate agonist which tears other opiates off of your receptors. If you are dependent ONLY on Suboxone, snorting it will do nothing. but if you are hooked in heroin, oxycontin, morphine, etc (FULL opiate agonists) then you WILL go into withdrawl if you take Suboxone because like I said, it competes for the receptors in your brain and will replace heroin, oxy, etc. and take you into withdrawal because it's not as strong.

SpecialGuy69
11-30-2006, 02:51 PM
First of all, I take 28mg of Suboxone every day, and it was starting to hurt my tongue (under it anyway), so I started crushing them into a fine powder and put a little under my tongue each time until I reached 28mg, and it would kick in about 20 minutes faster than normal, and the same dose was getting me higher when I crushed it, than when I took it in pill form. So, for me, crushing it made it come on quicker AND stronger.

Second, Whoever told you to snort the Suboxone is a moron. The only way the Buprenorphine (the opiate in Suboxone) will work is if it is dissolved under your tongue. Putting it under your tongue is the ONLY way the Naloxone will not get into your brain receptor sites. For some reason, the Naloxone (blocker) doesn't get into your bloodstream if put under the tongue, but any other route of administration, it WILL and will completely prevent any euphoria of any kind. Suboxone prevents euphoria of all kinds. Nate- you found a crusty old thread- this one's a year old! Click "new posts" on the top menu- I do it compulsively all day. That way you know what's current.

madnesscult
11-30-2006, 06:30 PM
Opiobsessed, the reason you will go into withdrawal if you inject/snort Suboxone is because Buprenorphine is a powerful partial opiate agonist which tears other opiates off of your receptors. If you are dependent ONLY on Suboxone, snorting it will do nothing. but if you are hooked in heroin, oxycontin, morphine, etc (FULL opiate agonists) then you WILL go into withdrawl if you take Suboxone because like I said, it competes for the receptors in your brain and will replace heroin, oxy, etc. and take you into withdrawal because it's not as strong.

This is not correct. The naxalone in the subs is what is supposed to cause withdrawls when administered any way other than sublingually, although it doesn't always work this way. Many people insuffulate or inject their subs, and unless it's a high dose, the naxalone doesn't do shit.

Oh, and you're thinking of two different things.
The bupe itslef causes one to go into precipitated withdrawls if one takes it too soon after taking another opiate.

Check out the "Ultimate Sub Guide" thread that tm420tm and I compiled for further information.

jessieumber11
12-01-2006, 01:53 PM
I have never written anything on here before but I HAD to respond to this nonsense.

been on suboxe for 3 years. and I just started snorting it. Yes it does work, but you have to manipulate it and you can't be on more then 4-8mg/day. Just snort twice as much as you are prescribed to take orally and you definitely feel high. Its a LOT of powder, but I do it a few times a month with my prescription. You can manipulate it by taking it orally too. I was being prescibed 8 mg/day (30 pills) , but brought myself down to actually only use 2-4mg/day. That gave me a bunch of pills to expereiment with each month. I will take 2-4 mg/day for 1-2 weeks then take 16mg one day, and its just a nice little occasional buzz that keeps my obsessive mind away from street drugs. never shot it though--heard too many "ended up in the emergency room" stories. But if snorting suboxone doesn't send u into w/d's why would shooting it? not willing to go there though.

shaunclo
12-01-2006, 02:05 PM
I never tgought about shooting subs until I started getting prescribed subutex (bup w/ out naloxone). This started a nasty little habit for me. I started shooting it almost 4-5 times a day and when I ran outta my subutex script, and I started shooting suboxone. I does work, but if you go over the 4 mg mark, than the naloxone in it will have some pretty nasty affects. I was only shooting about 1/2 a mg - 1 full mg per injection with no ill affects.

I STRONGLY recommend not trying this though, it lead to the end of ALL my veins and was very hard to stop doing. I probably went on a good year long run of shooting that shit (with the occasional week long binge of shooting the subs) and I wish to god I didnt.

There is no reason whatsoever to shoot that crap, it wasnt meant for the veins, only sublingualy.

Duckfeet
12-01-2006, 09:48 PM
I never tgought about shooting subs until I started getting prescribed subutex (bup w/ out naloxone). This started a nasty little habit for me. I started shooting it almost 4-5 times a day and when I ran outta my subutex script, and I started shooting suboxone. I does work, but if you go over the 4 mg mark, than the naloxone in it will have some pretty nasty affects. I was only shooting about 1/2 a mg - 1 full mg per injection with no ill affects.

I STRONGLY recommend not trying this though, it lead to the end of ALL my veins and was very hard to stop doing. I probably went on a good year long run of shooting that shit (with the occasional week long binge of shooting the subs) and I wish to god I didnt.

There is no reason whatsoever to shoot that crap, it wasnt meant for the veins, only sublingualy.

Thanks so much for that post, Shauncio. I get subutex, and was thinking real hard about doing it that way...but my veins are already pretty bad shape, and I need to save'em. I wasn't sure if that was a myth or not, that they were hard on veins, but I know you tell it square, so I won't do it...I'm at 8mg, prescribed, and been wanting to drop down some...last time I felt it more down lower, but coming off of methadone, every time I try to drop I feel some withdrawals...maybe just me. But again, thanks for passing on a little of your experience here. I'm still new to subs, and seems like there is still very little payoff, and I still get cravings, ulike methadone, which I refuse to get back on...

shaunclo
12-01-2006, 11:52 PM
Thanks so much for that post, Shauncio. I get subutex, and was thinking real hard about doing it that way...but my veins are already pretty bad shape, and I need to save'em. I wasn't sure if that was a myth or not, that they were hard on veins, but I know you tell it square, so I won't do it...I'm at 8mg, prescribed, and been wanting to drop down some...last time I felt it more down lower, but coming off of methadone, every time I try to drop I feel some withdrawals...maybe just me. But again, thanks for passing on a little of your experience here. I'm still new to subs, and seems like there is still very little payoff, and I still get cravings, ulike methadone, which I refuse to get back on...

Yo Duck, I get MADDDD cravings on subs, they just dont help whatsoever with cravings. I have thought about the done program a couple of times, but know about the w/d's.

Yeah, I got NOTHING off from shooting them besides just being able to stick myself with a needle, it was just a "needle fixation" thing I was into. And it was fuckin DAMN hard to stop doing. Because that in itself became the ritual. It shot out all my good working veins in under 1 year.

Im glad that post helped someone, thanks for letting me know..

Duckfeet
12-02-2006, 12:40 AM
Yo Duck, I get MADDDD cravings on subs, they just dont help whatsoever with cravings. I have thought about the done program a couple of times, but know about the w/d's.

Yeah, I got NOTHING off from shooting them besides just being able to stick myself with a needle, it was just a "needle fixation" thing I was into. And it was fuckin DAMN hard to stop doing. Because that in itself became the ritual. It shot out all my good working veins in under 1 year.

Im glad that post helped someone, thanks for letting me know..

Yeah, I recognized a long time ago that I have that "needle" thing, too. If I can, I will...if you know what I mean. But I'm kind of determined to stay on subs a while, too. I really don't want to get back on methadone, the whole clinic thing, mostly, plus that whole sense I feel so damn *trapped* on methadone. Like summer before last I went down to Nicaragua...this summer, on methadone, man I didn't leave the *county." So subs are better. I mean, you don't get sick, and I notice I feel a little bit "well" about an hour after I take the morning dose...but I spend spend a whole lot of time plotting my next opiate move, and I didn't do that on methadone. And I'll be damn if I'm going back on that, *or* go up on the subs. I'm just biding my time. I've been thinking of seeing if the doc will prescribe me for a month, monday when I see him again, and maybe cross the border, or head somewhere I know where to get what I need. We'll see. I've only been on'em, what, a couple weeks I guess. So I'm glad to be off the methadone big time, but shit...

Sitar
12-02-2006, 12:30 PM
Sniffing the Subs is the way to go once you're down to a certain level. Sniffing them makes them seem twice as strong to me. It is a lot of powder though, and you have to keep it up your nose and not let it drip. 2 milligrams at a time is easy to do and it doesn't burn at all.

Coddfish
12-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Sniffing the Subs is the way to go once you're down to a certain level. Sniffing them makes them seem twice as strong to me. It is a lot of powder though, and you have to keep it up your nose and not let it drip. 2 milligrams at a time is easy to do and it doesn't burn at all.
what he said.

but i only do like 1/4-1/3 mg at a time, and it does me just fine.

Hoss
12-02-2006, 01:28 PM
Has anyone purposely waited 3-4 days between their sub dose? As an experiment last month I took a 2mg dose at 12:00pm on a Friday (currently I am on a 4mg daily dose), and did not take any sub until 3:00pm the following Tuesday. I actually acheived a pretty decent "subby-buzz". Route of administration was sublingual.

Duckfeet
12-02-2006, 02:43 PM
Has anyone purposely waited 3-4 days between their sub dose? As an experiment last month I took a 2mg dose at 12:00pm on a Friday (currently I am on a 4mg daily dose), and did not take any sub until 3:00pm the following Tuesday. I actually acheived a pretty decent "subby-buzz". Route of administration was sublingual.

You're tougher than me. I'm on 8mg, and it's all I can do to wait until the next day. I'm going to try to drop down to 4mg eventually, though, just so I got some extras, and best I can remember from last time on'em, there wasn't that much difference in how I "felt," between 8mg and 4mg. Sometimes--just like with methadone--I'm happier at *lower* levels, because then I feel the dose more. It's just getting from here at 8mg, to *there* at 4mg, which is the tough part. No one's ever accused me of having too much will power when it comes to opiates :-(

SpecialGuy69
12-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Duck- it's not as hard as you think to drop your sub dose. Are you dosing once or twice a day?

I have found the easiest method for me to lower my sub dose is to stretch out the time in between doses longer and longer, till you can't stand it anymore. Then a lower amount will be "felt" more (in terms of getting well, not high). Try taking 1-2mg at a time, wait like 30 minutes before taking more. Sometimes you won't need another dose, then you're in great shape.

Coddfish
12-03-2006, 01:54 AM
the technique that worked well for me was kind of the opposite. i split my doses and took them more often, then i just cut one of the doses out. for example, i went from 8mg twice a day to 4mg 4 times a day, or even 3mg 5 times a day. and then i cut out one dose so that i was only taking 12 mg overall in a day. then cut the same way again to get 2mg 4 times a day. and so on.

it was easier for me (maybe just mentally) to take more doses but actually cut down on my daily intake. problem is, now i'm only on about 1-2 mg total daily intake, but can't seem to get myself to take fewer than 4 doses a day. sucks. but crushing and sniffing is defenitely the way to go at those levels. good luck duck feet. i will agree that it isn't as hard as methadone or other shite.

Duckfeet
12-03-2006, 02:14 AM
thanks both y'all for the tips. I know I did it before. It's not really the "getting sick" thing that stops me, not on subs, it's just I don't know, laziness, or piggishness, but I agree, subs have that long half life, on waiting to fix, and also maybe splitting into two 4mg's then doing a 4 and a 2, something like that. I'm fine stopping at 4mg, but I want the extras, and just like being on lower dose of subs if I can.....

SpecialGuy69
12-03-2006, 11:22 AM
yeah duck- you want to be on as low a dose as humanly possible- just in case the dilaudid truck crashes in front of your house, spilling 8mg dillies all over your lawn, you don't want to have to wait 36 hours to get off!

you know what i mean.

Duckfeet
12-03-2006, 12:59 PM
yeah duck- you want to be on as low a dose as humanly possible- just in case the dilaudid truck crashes in front of your house, spilling 8mg dillies all over your lawn, you don't want to have to wait 36 hours to get off!

you know what i mean.

Exactly...and I always keep my front door open, and my good eye on the street LOL, I mean, it's bound to happen *eventually.*

Yeah, you know how it is. There just all kinds of weird info floating around about longterm use of subs, and especially when you start going up on the dose. It's all arguable, I know that. But I'm the same way with methadone. neither of these drugs give me any kind of overwhelming *good* feeling that the other opiates do. but at lower doses, when I'm slightly sick in the mornings, both methadone and subs, I kind of feel that "feeling better" around an hour after taking them. It's kind of sad, that the powers that be are so freaked out by allowing us maintenance on any kind of opiate that might give us even the slightest buzz...but these are the two choices. I prefer subs to methadone, for maintenance, but not enough to argue the point. Mostly just the clinic vs. private doc thing, really. But first chance I get, next to any kind of serious opiate--d's or h, actually--I'd want to get off them as soon as possible, so yer rite, as long as the dilly trucks has even *remote* chance of weaving down my alley...I want to be armed and ready ;-)

Sitar
12-03-2006, 02:20 PM
I found cutting down doses on Suboxone to be really easy; much easier than any other opioid. Since you're not really feeling a buzz at all to begin with, you don't feel like you're really missing anything at a slightly lower dose. So physically it's not hard to do.

After a few days on a lower dose, you might feel just a little bit off, but if you just stick with it, that feeling will go away pretty quickly, and then you'll be totally adjusted to the new dose. It's not hard at all.

SpecialGuy69
12-03-2006, 02:36 PM
hey duck- i've never heard you talk about oxycontin- what do you think of it?

Duckfeet
12-03-2006, 03:17 PM
hey duck- i've never heard you talk about oxycontin- what do you think of it?

That to me is an interesting question, because of when oxys come out. I mean, when I was younger, they weren't around, and *dilaudids* were the pharmaceutical we all chased. Out here in Cali, it was heroin, and I chased that hard and all over until all my sins caught up with me, and I had to do a stretch in the joint.

When I got out, and paroled to a small town in S. Louisiana, and proceeded to work offshore, I figured I'd escaped my demons, until I found out dilaudids were all over, and it started again.

Eventually--like many--another bust, and a string of misery, made me chase sobriety, and I was off everything for five years. During this time, oxycontin came out, and my ex, and all my bros from the old days said it was great, as good as d's, all that, but I wasn't doing anything, so...also, I couldn't help but notice, that in the south, where I lived, they seemed to be everywhere, you know "hillbilly heroin" kind of thing, and a lot of people, who wouldn't have gone *near* fixing a K4 (dilaudid) were now all strung out on oxys. So you can see, for me, it's kind of interesting just because of my own history and stuff. My ex, even picked up a parole violation with the damn things, and had to do another stretch in Louisiana woman's prison....so I was fascinated by'em, but had never done'em.

So eventually reality returned to my own life, and somewhere in there I tried'em, and thought, yeah they're nice, and give a good buzz. I mean, I had always fixed percodans, messy as they were, and oxys--being oxycodone, like perks--was just a cleaner way to fix percodans--to me--and gave that familiar oxycodone buzz, so I liked it a lot, and if I could somehow find'em down in Mexico I'd be living down there. I've tried getting'em out of my V.A. doc here, but so far, no dice. V.A. hosp. now is pretty free with *hydrocodone* generic vicodans and stuff, but still pretty tight with anything containing oxycodone, so no luck, there. I've actually got a weird hunch, being my age and all, and oxys being so famous, now, that I might have better luck angling for dilaudids, and I''m kind of looking at that.

But if I could figure out how to get either one, here or down in Mexico, I'd definitly be doing it...just no luck, so far...