PDA

View Full Version : Potentiation experiment: Methadone

ontario_opiophile
11-10-2005, 12:28 AM
Okay well, I did an "experiment". I decided to take 1 omeprazole pill (losec,prilosec) and 1 tablespoon of baking soda. I consumed the omeprazole 1 hour 30 minutes before taking the methadone, and the baking soda was taken 1 hour before the methadone. After taking the baking soda and the omeprazole I had very mild stomach irritation and stomach rumbling and gas. After about an hour it stopped. I noticed I felt better even before I took the methadone. It seems the baking soda and omeprazole had revived a little bit of yesterdays dose. It wasn't anything huge but I didn't feel mildly dopesick like I usually do after I wake up. Anyways, I took the methadone and in 30 mins I got the first hint of it's presence, nothing major though. And after 1 hour I finally got a decent buzz and it lasted until now, and it's 1:17 right now, I had a mild buzz. I took the methadone at 6pm approx and the omeprazole at 4:30pm and the baking soda at 5pm. So all in all It did work. Lately i've been having 0 effect from my medicine and I couldnt even notice I had taken it for the last few weeks, except for on odd days where I kinda noticed it. But with this mix of ingredients It was definitely somewhat stronger and the moderate euphoria lasted longer than usual. Now I feel just normal, a little itchy, with occasional little hints of good feelings. So thats my little report on the potentiators. Try it out if your on methadone or possibly on other opiates/opioids. I'll try it again tommorow and the next day to see if the same thing works just as well. I'm convinced it wasn't a placebo effect. I'd say it was like taking an extra 10mg, it's not much but for me that can bring me from feeling nothing to moderate euphoria. I know others aren't like that but i'm sure some people will benefit from this.

P.S: The baking soda is disgusting and very hard to consume. I took some thin plastic bags, the see-through kind and stretched the plastic and then put baking soda in it and swallowed it kinda like a pill but be careful yo dont choke. And dont use alot of plastic. You can just put it in an oral syringe or mix it with water in a glass and then just drink it with some grape juice or orange juice and it will neutralize some of the disgusting flavor and make it alot more "tasty". The omeprazole can probably be bought OTC as prilosec OTC. If not, maybe Lansoprazole does the same thing. Omeprazole is apparently a potentiator and it is listed on alot of sites and is shown to increase the methadone serum levels in some way. It aids in absorption too I think. I didnt just take omeprazole for the hell of it so it's been proven to increase the effects of methadone so try it out. Tell me what you think of it after you do it I've tried baking soda alone and didnt get any good effects from it. I think the combo has something to do with the results I got today.

lolleedee
11-10-2005, 11:22 AM
How much meth are you on if you don't mind my asking? I'm gonna' try your experiment tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes! If it even helps a little, I'll be happy!!!

Paregoric Kid
11-10-2005, 12:48 PM
baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) will make methadone last longer because it makes things more alkaline, instead of acidic which would speed up the elimination of methadone in your system. I would recommend cimetidine or even ranitidine over omeprazole.

lolleedee
11-10-2005, 02:18 PM
I tried the cimitidine but didn't really notice anything one way or the other. Are you suppose to use it alone, or with something else, like the baking soda? Thanks!

Va_va
11-11-2005, 09:13 AM
loleedee did u even read the first post ?

lolleedee
11-12-2005, 03:29 AM
Va va...are you getting cranky with me??? LOL. Actually, I scanned the first post very quickly because I was on the phone at the same time and barely paying attention to the person who was on the other line and to what I was reading! I went back and read it carefully, so you can ignore my previous post!!!:)

GMorris
11-12-2005, 10:16 AM
Back when I was on methadone (130 mg.), I tried all of the so-called potentiators, with the exception of grapefruit juice (whoever came up with that?), and I never noticed any difference. Problems with stomach acid run in my family, and both me and my dad are on Prilosec every day because of it. All those years, I just thought it was normal to have heartburn all the time, and I dealt with it using baking soda until cimetidine was available OTC. That helped some if you don't mind taking a pill every few hours, but the Prilosec is great!

It may be that BECAUSE of my excess stomach acid that the potentiators never worked on me, I always just assumed that it was the "placebo effect" that made folks say it worked. Now, if you REALLY want something that potentiates, try antihistamines. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) helps some, and if you're wanting a nod it helps a lot. Promethazine is the daddy of 'em all, in my experience, it's just that in the US you have to get a prescription for it. I remember getting Mepergan, which is a 50/50 combo of Demerol (meperidine) and promethazine (can never recall the brand name of promethazine, dammit), and boy did that stuff f**k me up bad! I actually hallucinated while on it. There used to be an antihistamine on the market that people in the 60's would fix up WITH their morphine/heroin shots, and they all claimed a BIG difference from just the opiates alone, though I wasn't old enough to ever try it.