PDA

View Full Version : Why do people lose weight on heroin?

Soda
06-20-2007, 10:58 PM
I have no clue. It doesn't make sense. I'm confused.

poonwhalla
06-20-2007, 11:05 PM
Its the new craze... The Heroin weight loss diet. Somewhere between puking and no appetite you'll lose mad pounds yo

AWOL
06-20-2007, 11:05 PM
No appetite, no money, always noddin, too lazy to get food, no need for food when you're god.

AWOL
06-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Its the new craze... The Heroin weight loss diet. Somewhere between puking and no appetite you'll lose mad pounds yo and ofcourse the puking and shitting.

I only ate because I knew that if I didn't, I wouldn't make it to work .. and if I didn't make it to work, I'd have no job, and no job meant no drugs.

mrnatural
06-20-2007, 11:10 PM
I don't know. Seems like I lose just about anything that isn't tied down, and I forget where I tied down a lot of stuff. Reminds me of a bumpersticker I saw-"Only Users Lose Drugs"

poonwhalla
06-20-2007, 11:13 PM
and ofcourse the puking and shitting.

I only ate because I knew that if I didn't, I wouldn't make it to work .. and if I didn't make it to work, I'd have no job, and no job meant no drugs.

I hear that I have to force myself to eat often to get by without being a jobless bum ya know

AWOL
06-20-2007, 11:14 PM
I don't know. Seems like I lose just about anything that isn't tied down, and I forget where I tied down a lot of stuff. Reminds me of a bumpersticker I saw-"Only Users Lose Drugs" Depends how you approach it. You have to be systematic about everything in my opinion. If I didn't already place my keys, phone, wallet, papers, etc by the door, set my alarm, and know exactly where everything is .... I'd never make it to work in the morning. Works for me anyway.

I think alcohol is worse in that respect really. Maybe that's just me. What are we talking about?

AWOL
06-20-2007, 11:14 PM
I hear that I have to force myself to eat often to get by without being a jobless bum ya know
exactly !!!! someone else knows

Chipper
06-21-2007, 01:37 AM
I lose weight when in mild w/d's. After some usage, I can't swallow anyway but it's the few days afterwards when I have to force myself to eat.

tui
06-21-2007, 03:48 AM
food or heroin? it's not really a tough decision. heroin fills you up more than food ever could.

t

stringbeanjeans
06-21-2007, 04:47 AM
I'd rather be hungry than sick. I'm sure I'm not alone here. Plus like DV said if you have smack, the appetite just goes away. After a few years (or months) you'll look like a rail too.

Babydollangel
06-21-2007, 04:58 AM
while not a heroin user, damn hydro. makes me have an appetite...it provides little euph. anymore...that went away some time ago...now it just makes me 'well' and a mad appetite..which i need desperatly....gained 8 pounds in about 4 days...'course im sure i chocked down at least 50 norcos during those days, stayed asleep more than awake, but gained some much needed poundage.

I hear and also pill reference book says 'no appetite' as a side effect of but for me its the opposite..:rolleyes:

flipside
06-21-2007, 05:28 AM
food or heroin? it's not really a tough decision. heroin fills you up more than food ever could.

t

Took the words right out of my mouth! Perfect!

Soda Where the Hell have you been? Good to see ya back..Hope you plan on sticking around !

MttJocy
06-21-2007, 07:24 AM
It's a combined effect I think, of the fact that in a straight up competition for limited financial resources Heroin beats food hands down, not only that but like anything that puts you in a state of euphoria perhaps with the exception of cannabis it usually distracts one from the mundane (like food and other dull day to day activities), it just never seams important at the time, its a sort of feeling of who needs to prepare food when they feel this good, not me sort of thing.

Really it's the financial thing, and as I say the effect of anything that makes you feel really good, if you are doing an activity you really enjoy you generally put off mundane and boring tasks like preparing a meal until the sensation of hunger gets so bad that you decide you really have to get on with making something to eat. Of course opiates being painkillers would also diminish the pain of severe hunger, and when it comes to the financial issue I would rather face the hunger than the pain of WD if it comes to the crunch.

HeidiW
06-21-2007, 08:40 AM
I don't eat on any kind of dope, really. Although I do eat more on opiates than I do stimulants.

antigonemuse
06-21-2007, 08:47 AM
dont know about you all, but i forget to eat... or cant be bothered cooking, shopping, chewing... hell nothing more fulfilling then a serious dope habbit

junkiebrewster
06-21-2007, 09:58 AM
I usually got pretty hungry when I did dope. When I was w/ding, I would lose my appetite. After a shot, I would eat like a horse.

I still lost weight, though. Probably from the vomiting.

Crow
06-21-2007, 01:48 PM
I usually got pretty hungry when I did dope. When I was w/ding, I would lose my appetite. After a shot, I would eat like a horse.

I still lost weight, though. Probably from the vomiting.

Same, except for I never really vomit much, even when Im sick. It's funny, a nice shot gives me what I like to call the "dope munchies". Speedballs or coke shots, on the other hand, are a different story.

Chemical_Boy
06-21-2007, 01:57 PM
I can go days without eating if I have lots of goodies to consume.

Who needs food if you have good drugs????:)

noahzark
06-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Once I am high I am super munched out. I eat better when I am high. I do not understand people saying this.

Z-man
06-21-2007, 03:11 PM
I don't have the book anymore but if I remember correctly there's this great quote in Burrough's "Junkie" about how you can always tell when someone gets back on dope because their flesh just starts to melt away almost instantaneously... Or something like that.

And ain't it the truth. Haven't the faintest idea why it happens, tho. It's interesting that the same thing is definitely not true for methadone. People on 'done seem to gain weight - often lots of it! I think what happens is when an addict gets straight, they tend to chase whatever small pleasures there are left in life... And one of those small pleasures is eating. It's a far cry from what you get from a shot of dope, but it's still a small endorphin rush. Ya takes what ya can git, on 'done...

tui
06-21-2007, 03:23 PM
People on 'done seem to gain weight - often lots of it! I think what happens is when an addict gets straight, they tend to chase whatever small pleasures there are left in life... And one of those small pleasures is eating. It's a far cry from what you get from a shot of dope, but it's still a small endorphin rush. Ya takes what ya can git, on 'done...

that's a myth. methadone effs your metabolism.

t

Z-man
06-21-2007, 03:56 PM
that's a myth. methadone effs your metabolism.
t

Myth, huh? You obviously never saw the people I used to have to stand in line with! ;) And everybody in my group used to complain about gaining weight constantly... It does happen.

Unless you're just referring to my little theory about *why* it happens. Yeah, that could be wrong. Now, I would say that it's "methadone effs your metabolism" that's the myth - but to each his (or her) own. Methadone sucks, I'm sure we can at least agree on that.

ProdigalSon
06-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Too busy looking fer the dope and it suppresses your appetite, and it constipates you so your body thinks your full???

tui
06-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Myth, huh? You obviously never saw the people I used to have to stand in line with! ;) And everybody in my group used to complain about gaining weight constantly... It does happen.

Unless you're just referring to my little theory about *why* it happens. Yeah, that could be wrong. Now, I would say that it's "methadone effs your metabolism" that's the myth - but to each his (or her) own. Methadone sucks, I'm sure we can at least agree on that.

yeah i was referring to your theory on why it happens. when i was on the done i put on pounds, while eating nothing AND shooting coke a gazillion times a day. when i stopped taking it, i dropped back to my normal weight... even though now i'm eating tons.

t

Consumed.
06-21-2007, 09:47 PM
I think alot of people who can afford to eat on heroin are to fucking constipated to get real hungry. Most everybody eats alot on opiates when they first start. key is not to get constipated, shit half of hard core heroin addicts get impactions. being constipated fucks your intenstine and GI tract up, also slows down the duodendum. simple terms stomachs empty instenine isnt. ask any chippers they give there stomachs a break. these are where those horror stories of people puking shit come into play. keep hydraded, eat fiber, salad, and take stool softener. and methadone dont want to get into the intestinal problems years of that causes

phrozen
06-22-2007, 07:02 PM
I would think that most people lose weight due to the lifestyle that comes with a full blown dope addiction. Like Renton said "Living like this is a full-time business."

By that I mean, once you're a dope addict, eating right and hygeine unfortuneately take a back seat to scoring and gathering money to ward off sickness.

Personally, I never lost weight. Actually, I gained weight. I developed a sedentary lifestyle full of junk food and quick meals to go along with the junk I was pumping into my arms. I practically lived on fast food, snicker bars, and soda.

odd
06-22-2007, 11:38 PM
I eat a lot on dope. I drink more though as I always get cotton mouth. Hell I cannot even enjoy meals anymore unless I had a shot before hand. Pathetic I know, but hey it comes with the game.

Dan Steely
06-23-2007, 03:17 AM
I have no clue. It doesn't make sense. I'm confused.

Hey soda there is something wrong with all your posts. They have a sort of split screen look to them. It is kind of annoying. You should look into it so everybody doesn't put you on ignore like I'm gonna have to do if it doesn't get staightened out. Jk but it really is annoying.

ZodiacKiller
03-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Maybe 'cause the thread's a billion years old, I dunno...

ZK

nova67
03-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Well living in a home were one uses *me* and one doesn't *my old man* having food in the house doesn't really come into play...I mean we make enough and have food in the house but I dont eat it....I will go days without eating which is doubly worse for me because I have issues with low blood sugar...it isn't until he has noticed that he hasn't seen me eat that he makes something and makes me sit down to eat it...I think that without his intervention I would just starve to death...cause the D fills every need response I have...I just dont want ANYTHING...I mean we got our tax return done...and had extra money to spend...but I didn't want anything...got maybe three t shirts...and a pair of pants...outta all that money at his insistance...but I did spend the bulk on my DOC...I mean I lost 65lbs in less than a month once my habit got into full swing....and my family is getting worried for me now...wonder when they will catch on....that the only thing I do want...is my next high....

jdub
03-01-2008, 07:37 PM
^^^No offense but that's kind of depressing.

clinton
03-01-2008, 07:42 PM
I dont get the correlation from jerry garcias post to zodiac killers... What'd I miss?

skank69
03-01-2008, 08:17 PM
i think that user's would rather have a fix than food and some poeple can't allways aford both :o

motts
03-01-2008, 08:26 PM
People lose weight on dope because they start to get sick, and the withdrawals cause loss of appetite.

Also the junkie lifestyle of using causes malnutrition, because you start to forget to eat because you are high or you spent all your money on dope.

The other reason I for me personally is heroin is an appetite suppressant, I rarely eat on it, I usually just want coffee or water..........thus those are my theories on why people lose weight on opiates and heroin.

Oh, and when your nodding for 12 hours a day, you forget to EAT!!!!

nova67
03-01-2008, 08:30 PM
^^^No offense but that's kind of depressing.

No offense taken...yeah I know its depressing....but its the nature of the beast...I do have many things in my life that make me happy....my kids...my interests...my family...and a sense of humor and irony...I used to be so very needy whining about what I wanted to have and complaining when I didn't have much....but being hooked has made me see all that I do have...and how many others dont have what I do...another thing that keeps me from eating is knowing that I will only choke down a couple bites...and the rest is wasted...and someone else my be in desperate need and cant get that food...I guess what im trying to say is...that I have channeled want and need for myself...into want and need for others...instead of helping myself to something...i help the poor family down the street...if a cause that I like is wanting for volenteers...then I go and help them...

Soda
03-01-2008, 09:06 PM
lets see if i fixed the split screen look

Soda
03-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Oh and Nova, I really liked your post. It makes me feel less guilty about my own little opiophile tendencies. I would respond to everyone but the sweet call of a couch to sleep on and a TV to watch has harnessed my mind. All I can and will say is that I am honored that this thread is still recieving some attention. Thank you.

repeek
03-01-2008, 10:07 PM
How do I lose that weight; let me count the ways?
If I have ten dollars and a choice between food or dope, what would I choose?
If I am nodding and someone put a plate of food in front of me would I eat or nod?
If I am on the train to euphoria and did eat, would the food make it to the commode, or would I lose it in the isle?
If I am sitting down to eat, and the phone rings; my connect will be at the car wash for the next ten minutes; do I take my time and finish my meal or get some dope?
And the list goes on.

HMMM...
03-01-2008, 10:22 PM
I think people lose weight cuz maybe 40% of the time is spent being sick. And who the fuck wants to eat a sandwich when your goin throu horrible withdrawls.

When I nice n right I can do anything. Chores, eat, super showers( which consist of shaving my balls, trimming any unnessecary hairs, plucking unibrow.... Well you get it.) its just those days when I feel like crap I can't eat and all I do is lay in bed.fn sucks.

Raz
03-02-2008, 12:31 AM
i think that user's would rather have a fix than food and some poeple can't allways aford both :o
Thats about right...Before i came to Spain or opi, the only junkies i knew were all T leaves.And any money they got from stealin usually went on gettin high/straight...food was the last thing on their mind....

strikks
03-02-2008, 10:41 AM
lets see if i fixed the split screen look

the reason your screen is like that is cause of the web address you have posted under your avatar.

it is longer than everyone elses info under there avatar.

it dont bother me.

and i agree with alot of you,when you are dopesick the last thing you want is food and alot of people cant afford it.when i was bad on the H it was(priority list)..1....dope..2....pins...3....cigs..4..water to shoot with...5..gas to get home from the 'hood'...6....a fix for tomorrow.....7...food (and usually it is something cheap and unhealthy)

also i have read somewhere that opiates deplete certain vitamins and minerals in the body on top of not eating right = weight loss/health probs

God_Albino
03-04-2008, 11:41 PM
some opiates make me eat like a pig, much moreso than pot used to. look at artie lange

Soda
03-05-2008, 11:20 AM
some opiates make me eat like a pig, much moreso than pot used to. look at artie lange

Don't forget about Hermann Goring, the world's most evilest junkie.

"Guns will make us powerful; butter will only make us fat."