PDA

View Full Version : Snorting vs. Eating

Ale
06-08-2007, 09:38 PM
I was just wondering..do you guys think that snorting benzo's instead of simply swallowin the pops themselves could give you a sort of a better/more enjoyable rush from a recreational only standpoint or you think it's much of a waste of the substance through the nostrils ..and if so..how much do you think that the wasted amount could ever get absorbed by the nasal mucous membrane subsequentely and therefore get active or not?
In other words..would you rather..1°sniff your hypnotic kind of benzo (say Temazepam/Nitrazepam/Flunitrazepam/Flurazepam) ...2°just prefer to simply swallow it just to make sure you ain't gonna waste any of it..or....3°you DO think it COULD kick in faster/stronger but the difference would result so slight that it's basically not worth the effort?

Chemical_Boy
06-08-2007, 09:45 PM
If you are interested in this subject, I am sure you would be able to do a search as there are a couple of threads on it with lot's of people's opinions.

Me...I think it is a waste. I don't think it really is much different then eating them, just more unpleasant. There are some who definitely feel otherwise though, and who say blowing a xanax bar is way better than eating it.

Each to his own..

tui
06-09-2007, 12:49 AM
used to snort valium, that felt niiiice.
then we'd lie around all day being silly & i'd write really shitty poetry while my best friend drew me,,
that was pre-heroin daze.

t

Moonrock
06-09-2007, 06:18 AM
Snorting definately gets you there much more faster than swallowing, but you should be carefull about what you snort. Some of them zepams are insoluble and will just accumulate inside your lungs.

sidman
06-09-2007, 07:47 AM
Absolutely Right MoonRock,You said what I was going to say.
Alot of Benzo's are Insoluble in the Sinus/Lung cavities because of all the mucus lining them.
Benzos arent water-soluble(or people would be shootin' them left and right) but they are Soluble in Acid.
So, Swallowing/chewing are the best way's to get off on them.Actually,I should say,Safest way to get off.
Snorting does work for people though.

Sitar
06-09-2007, 04:17 PM
I believe there are now 6,548 threads about this subject here now, and they all seem to include the mistaken notion that snorted pills wind up in your lungs.

I'll yet again weigh in on this. Snorting works only on a few benzos. Xanax works quite well this way, for instance, but Klonopin won't work snorted at all (until the mucus is swallowed). And no, snorting pills doesn't make them go into your lungs. It's impossible. And my recent chest X-ray shows my lungs look mighty fine.

Rhonda
06-09-2007, 04:57 PM
There sure are a lot of people that think snorting will make it better. If it was that much better it should be obvious and everybody could see a difference. Since everyone keeps asking and nobody agrees, then there snorting cant be that much better.

Ale
06-09-2007, 07:16 PM
..the mistaken notion that snorted pills wind up in your lungs.
..snorting pills doesn't make them go into your lungs. It's impossible.

That's exactly what I was thinkin about while reading the replies to my (I know) old and worn-out proposed dilemma..so I assume that since snorting does work for benzo's such as..say Flunitrazepam(called snorting roofies I guess),which is prolly one of the most known nasally abused/snorted benzodiazepinic derivate kinda compund ever it'll surely work also for other similar derivates very close to it from a molecular stuctural form standpoint such as Nitrazepam and Flurazepam "in primis"..that should make sense I guess..:rolleyes:

Sitar
06-09-2007, 11:21 PM
There sure are a lot of people that think snorting will make it better. If it was that much better it should be obvious and everybody could see a difference. Since everyone keeps asking and nobody agrees, then there snorting cant be that much better.

There's an obvious fallacy in your argument there.

The real issue is that this is a subject that's not relatively discussed much in general, and the people asking are doing so because they don't have much personal experience in the matter. And some conflicts in the efficacy of insufflating benzos have come about because of different doses and individual perceptions, or people just doing it incorrectly.

In your mind, since people have to ask if doing something in a different fashion than is considered normal could be better, then their proposal is patently flawed. To carry that to it's logical conclusion: "if you have to ask if something is right, then it can't be." This is a mistaken notion on many levels.

Suffice it to say (again), some benzos work amazingly well snorted and some do not, and this is due to differences in solubility and chemical structure. The advantages to snorting a benzo would be the quicker onset (in the case of Xanax, immediate onset) and a slight increase in perceived "power" of the effects.

MrCream
06-10-2007, 06:33 AM
Just to let you guys all know snorting xanax is pointless is it non-water soluble, so basicly is just dripps in your nose down your throat to your stomach, where it is then absorbed and will produce its effect....so all in all kids don't snort xanax, eat 400mg of cometidine (OTC antacid) 30-45 mg before your dosage of xanax, and WHOA omg, much stronger effect and the best part is it lasts WAYYY longer the normal, you can get cimetidine over the counter anywhere that carries antacids, someone should try this out now so you can back me up and let everyone know how phenominal this really is, so some one if you want to try this to coloborate my story PM me and I can fill you in on STEP by STEP procedues. God Bless Be Safe Be Happy Take Care <3

Sitar
06-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Just to let you guys all know snorting xanax is pointless is it non-water soluble, so basicly is just dripps in your nose down your throat to your stomach, where it is then absorbed and will produce its effect....

You are absolutely 100% wrong.

Snorting Xanax does work quite well, and the effects are IMMEDIATE, which would totally discredit any claims that it only has effect because it drips into your stomach.

However, you are correct about using enzyme inhibitors to increase the effects of taking it orally. Grapefruit juice is well known for this.

euphoria2002
06-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Maybe after another hundred threads on this same topic, we'll have a consensus on whether or not there's any real benfits to be had.

Or maybe not.

$LOADIE*JONES'IN$
07-17-2007, 11:12 PM
Maybe after another hundred threads on this same topic, we'll have a consensus on whether or not there's any real benfits to be had.

Or maybe not.

lmao :D I allways start a thread befor i look though the other threads lol Its cuz like right now im hella fucked up:cool: lol