PDA

View Full Version : is it ok to fix "old" blood

oldschool?
10-25-2005, 10:49 PM
so the other day swim missed part of a shot and pulled out with 20 units (and some blood) still in the rig. The rig was re capped and put aside. Now there isn't enough in it for a buzz but it'd be handy to have around to stop withdrawl. I read not to re cook blood in the safer injection guide but i wonder if it is "safe" for swim to squirt his leftover shot (mixed with some of his own blood) into a new rig and use it tomorrow when the withdrawl (inevitably) kicks in?

HeidiW
10-25-2005, 11:10 PM
I'm not sure if it's safe or not, but I've done it. Nothing bad happened after I did it that I can remember.

red26
10-25-2005, 11:36 PM
If your freaked out about it just hot-rail it. Warm it up and just squirt it up the old schnozz.I've done it before, but I'm curious if there could be some effect if it was taken from an artery and put into a vien being they carry different blood content?

milky
10-27-2005, 01:23 PM
It will have coagulated by then, (the blood) so you wont be able to push it out of the needle

Wildman
10-27-2005, 03:12 PM
Let it dry out and chop it up as if it were cane then rail it.

GMorris
10-27-2005, 04:13 PM
OOH!

I've always been freaked out about it myself, and I would not want to try it withdrawals or not. Others seem to be OK with it, so I'd say go about it at your own risk. A couple of years ago I had to go to the ER with a pain in my gut (never found out what caused it, and I really don't think I want to know as long as it never happens again), and the doc gave me an IV that eventually ended up with a lot of old blood in it once the saline ran out. I tried to get the nurse there to take it out, but she was nowhere to be found, so I pulled the damn thing out my own self, as I was worried that the old blood backed up in there might not be such a good thing. Once the nurse DID get back in there, she tried to assure me that it would not have hurt me, but I just didn't want to find out, ya know?

I was on Methadone at the time, and I told them that, but somehow the doc decided to give me some IV Morphine anyway, which was a good thing. Normally you won't find a doc that'll do that, especially in the ER, and most especially if you tell him you are on Methadone. I can only guess that he realized I wasn't lying about the pain and had the mercy to treat me as he would anyone else. But the old blood thing, well I just can't do it, no matter what the circumstance. Even if I had little choice, I'd have to either snort it or swallow it or even put it up the rectum before I'd take the chance on shooting it.

oldschool?
10-27-2005, 06:54 PM
so I squirted the crap in the toilet today, it didn't clog the 28.5 guage tip incidentally but I just focused on how few mgs were probably in the thing and how much trouble I usually go through to be clean and sterile and decided it wasn't worth any potential risk (...and i obviousely wasn't dopesick at the time or I probably would have stuck it in my arm anyway..."drink your methadone you stupid junkey!"lol I have must have a sick sense of humour) and in case anyone reading this didn't read the safer injection guide: It says not to reheat blood cause it "can send parasites directly into the blood stream"...not sure how but thats what it says and seeing the stuff visually seperating I decided better safe that sory

highlands
10-27-2005, 07:16 PM
dude i seen this chick shoot a whole shot of coke from this cats clogged needle that was full of his blood ! the worst thing was from the night before . talk about hardcore! the sad thing is that was 2 yrs. ago and she is doing her thing :eek: :eek:

mort
10-30-2005, 11:49 AM
so I squirted the crap in the toilet today, it didn't clog the 28.5 guage tip incidentally but I just focused on how few mgs were probably in the thing and how much trouble I usually go through to be clean and sterile and decided it wasn't worth any potential risk (...and i obviousely wasn't dopesick at the time or I probably would have stuck it in my arm anyway..."drink your methadone you stupid junkey!"lol I have must have a sick sense of humour) and in case anyone reading this didn't read the safer injection guide: It says not to reheat blood cause it "can send parasites directly into the blood stream"...not sure how but thats what it says and seeing the stuff visually seperating I decided better safe that sory

I could be completely full of shit on this score (and if I am, please let me know), but I recall reading somewhere that old blood is not too good to shoot and in the case of IM injection can cause abcesses to occur. SWIM may have noticed this happen one time when they missed a shot of C that had blood in it. SWIM had not had too many abcesses so the fact that there was blood mixed in with the shot stood out.

candy
10-31-2005, 08:46 AM
Injecting a missed shot with blood in the syringe can lead to blood clots forming. Even small particles can pass through the needle. Once they pass through into the blood stream they can travel to the lungs, where they can cause a embolism in the tiniest of blood vessels. This can also lead to phlebitis, where tiny blood clots lodge in the tiny blood vessels, causing inflammation.
Just because it is tiny enough to pass through the needle or cannot be seen, doesn't mean it cannot do harm.

SomniGod
10-31-2005, 09:59 AM
dude i seen this chick shoot a whole shot of coke from this cats clogged needle that was full of his blood ! the worst thing was from the night before . talk about hardcore! the sad thing is that was 2 yrs. ago and she is doing her thing :eek: :eek:

i once saw a guy go through a serious allergic reaction when he drew through what he thought was his cotton filter that he dropped on the floor----turns out it was a little wad of cat hair! He's allergic to cats and just banged a fat load through a hairball! Man....poor guy!

~S~

alowishus
10-31-2005, 10:49 AM
i once saw a guy go through a serious allergic reaction when he drew through what he thought was his cotton filter that he dropped on the floor----turns out it was a little wad of cat hair! He's allergic to cats and just banged a fat load through a hairball! Man....poor guy!

~S~

GOTT DAM!!!!!:eyebrow:

nephalim
11-20-2005, 06:07 PM
Injecting a missed shot with blood in the syringe can lead to blood clots forming. Even small particles can pass through the needle. Once they pass through into the blood stream they can travel to the lungs, where they can cause a embolism in the tiniest of blood vessels. This can also lead to phlebitis, where tiny blood clots lodge in the tiny blood vessels, causing inflammation.
Just because it is tiny enough to pass through the needle or cannot be seen, doesn't mean it cannot do harm.

There is a small chance of danger, yes (and those blood clots you speak of can form right off the bat, they don't need to sit in a needle.) Injecting in ANY way is dangerous. But it's fairly safe, relatively speaking, and we had a discussion about this on ADH recently. I don't know anyone who calls themself a junkie who hasn't done this.

I did see a bit about someone else's blood which raised an eyebrow, though.

candy
11-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Blood clots generally form after the blood has started to coagulate. It is rare to form blood clots from a good hit. There are other types of "clots", called emboli and this can come from air, fat deposits, or any other foreign body small enough to travel through the venous/arterial system.
Blood clots can form when injecting in the lower extremities due to the poorer circulation in the lower extremities.
Yeah, I think most of us have injected blood and I would guess the majority have had no problems, but why fuck around if you don't need to. It sucks to waste good dope, but if it has been sitting for a long time, I wouldn't mess with it.

mxinfect
11-25-2006, 02:31 PM
I ve seen SWIM do it HUNDREDS of times and nothin happens.

Woods
11-25-2006, 10:37 PM
There are worse things you can do. I know one person who had in the past injected a syringe full of blood from a person of a different blood type in order to try and get high. I’m not sure exactly what happened, but considering what happens when blood starts coagulating in your veins, my guess is that he was either shooting O blood and he was something else, or he was AB and shooting A, B, or O. Either way it should be ok, though less then ideal. Or maybe it wasn’t, maybe he was A and shot B, or vice versa, and the “high” was a stroke. “Man, I can feel the blood stopping to parts of my brain, neat.” The one problem with harm reduction is that it stops people willing to do shit like that from offing themselves.

Anyway, as for your own blood, blood goes bad before anything else. Drain the blood from a side of beef and it’s tasty and safe a month after it’s killed, stored cold but above zero. With the blood in it, an animal starts to smell pretty rank after a couple days, that’s the blood.

A syringe with some blood in it is a perfect breeding ground for all sorts of pathogenic bacteria and such. For example, lets say you don’t sterilize the area before you penetrate the skin with your syringe. A couple pathogenic staph bacterium end up in the tip of the needle, and are pulled into your syringe, along with your blood. Sure, you’ll probably be fine if you shoot it right away, but if you let it sit for a day, those bacteria are going to be reproducing all day. 10 tiny little pathogenic bacteria, which probably wouldn’t do anything, in a perfect environment for reproduction, if they divide every hour, might be close to 10 million strong by the time you do that shot the same time next day. Even a compromised immune system can dispatch a little cell of insurgents, but not matter how healthy you are, a whole fucking national army might pose a bit of a problem, and the same bacteria on your skin that case little pus filled infections when you get cut can, when they get into your blood stream, cause life threatening systemic infections.

In other words, your own blood can kill you after a little while, so you probably shouldn’t.

Heroine
11-25-2006, 10:47 PM
Not the best idea to shoot it with old blood mixed in, could just lead to infection or other serious blood stream/sanitary issues. I'm willing to bet many people get away with it but if you can avoid doing it and won't be sick for not taking the shot, then don't do it.

Regards

HistoryofMadness
11-26-2006, 10:06 AM
first just because you've seen it done a lot of times doesn't mean something bad hasn't happened... may just not know about it yet...

secondly, I've also seen it done and know that its posible for things to go fine, but its really like being unsafe in every other way... russian roulette... I've seen people drive with their eyes closed but I'm not gonna go do it just because they turned out fine...

madnesscult
11-30-2006, 12:42 AM
There are worse things you can do. I know one person who had in the past injected a syringe full of blood from a person of a different blood type in order to try and get high. I’m not sure exactly what happened, but considering what happens when blood starts coagulating in your veins, my guess is that he was either shooting O blood and he was something else, or he was AB and shooting A, B, or O. Either way it should be ok, though less then ideal. Or maybe it wasn’t, maybe he was A and shot B, or vice versa, and the “high” was a stroke. “Man, I can feel the blood stopping to parts of my brain, neat.” The one problem with harm reduction is that it stops people willing to do shit like that from offing themselves.

Oh man, I've never even thought about the blood-type thing...often when I am having trouble finding a vein and the needle has blood in it, instead of risking it clotting and wasting a good shot, I'll give the shot to my boyfriend and sometimes vice-versa. I believe we have different blood types, and I never even considered that, or what effects it might have.

Oh, and if anyone wants to know why not to shoot old blood, check this out:
http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=4071

Woods
11-30-2006, 01:13 AM
Find out what blood types you are and then post them (or PM me if for some reason you consider it private info or soemting) and I'll tell you how it'll effect you. A single CC shouldn't hurt, but who knows, there's always the stroke thing I meantoned.

shaunclo
11-30-2006, 01:22 AM
I've seen people drive with their eyes closed but I'm not gonna go do it just because they turned out fine...

LOL, dude you are fuckin hillarious HoM. You always get me rolling on the fuckin floor dude!

Props my brutha....

OxyContinuously
12-01-2006, 08:23 AM
You can shoot old blood........if you want a clot to travel to your heart.